Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey (12713 Views)

Can You Pay Back N1 Million Interest Free Business Loan In Four Months / Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt / MTN Group CEO Dabengwa Resigns Over N1.04tn Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Selling products and services online have become possible due to the proliferation of online stores and platforms. Prominent among them are Jumia, Konga, Kaymu and Dealdey.

Being active on these platforms now for close to a year, and I can confidently say that anyone can make a reasonable income selling on any, or all of them. You just need to do your home work, and I'm sure you'll be making monthly incomes that compare with those working in multinationals. Yes, I can boldly state this cause this is my experience.

Before I go into the nitty gritty, I'll like to include a piece of statistics I discovered while doing research for a client.

' Nigerian Internet Usage Stats

Nigeria is currently ranked 7th in the number of internet users globally. With over 92.6 million of its population having internet access (about 51.1% of its over 182 million population), there is still room for growth and increased internet penetration.

This is in line with the projection of Nigeria's Ministry of Information and Communications (as at June 2015), that the country would have 76% broadband internet penetration by 2020.

A significant number of these internet users are teenagers and those under the age of 30. Fuelled by increased accessibility and affordability of internet provided by Mobile Network providers, internet enabled mobile phones account for about 80% of internet access devices.

With about 49% of Nigerians without internet access, there's still massive growth potential. Especially if you consider that within 2000 and 2015, the country experienced 46,250% growth in internet users.

NB
Internet users are defined as persons who accessed the internet in the last 12 months from any device, including mobile phones.'

We're looking at a potential market of about 92.6 million people, ie the total number of internet users in Nigeria.

I'll pause for you to take in this information before continuing with the next post

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
@OP nice one
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by Donald3d(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
DealFinder:
Selling products and services online have become possible due to the proliferation of online stores and platforms. Prominent among them are Jumia, Konga, Kaymu and Dealdey.

Being active on these platforms now for close to a year, and I can confidently say that anyone can make a reasonable income selling on any, or all of them. You just need to do your home work, and I'm sure you'll be making monthly incomes that compare with those working in multinationals. Yes, I can boldly state this cause this is my experience.

Before I go into the nitty gritty, I'll like to include a piece of statistics I discovered while doing research for a client.

Nigeria is currently ranked 7th in the number of internet users globally. With over 92.6 million of its population having internet access (about 51.1% of its over 182 million population), there is still room for growth and increased internet penetration.

This is in line with the projection of Nigeria's Ministry of Information and Communications (as at June 2015), that the country would have 76% broadband internet penetration by 2020.

A significant number of these internet users are teenagers and those under the age of 30. Fuelled by increased accessibility and affordability of internet provided by Mobile Network providers, internet enabled mobile phones account for about 80% of internet access devices.

With about 49% of Nigerians without internet access, there's still massive growth potential. Especially if you consider that within 2000 and 2015, the country experienced 46,250% growth in internet users.

NB
Internet users are defined as persons who accessed the internet in the last 12 months from any device, including mobile phones.'

We're looking at a potential market of about 92.6 million people, ie the total number of internet users in Nigeria.

I'll pause for you to take in this information before continuing with the next post
We are following.......
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by aleshmotors: 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Following
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by 2sex(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
I am interested.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by EnterPRO: 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
N1m revenue or profit?

4 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by Impexp(m): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Am interested boss
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by mike1994reds: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
I'm interested bro, nice job
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by 2sex(m): 11:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
EnterPRO:
N1m revenue or profit?
good question. It's always revenue but you know humans are driven by numbers and therefore people will not bother to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by kennyman2000(m): 3:24am On Jan 27, 2016
2sex:
good question. It's always revenue but you know humans are driven by numbers and therefore people will not bother to ask questions.

Me too just dey laugh here 2sex and Enterpro You see our nairalander people. When they see a thread thats all abt money, they wont bother to ask question. Na to dey drop email and saying am interested. Thats why i dont pity them when some of them are scammed. Wondering how they cant use their head. How would someone say he's making #1million monthly sales on dealdey of all places! Ohhh boy!

5 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 6:18am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:
N1m revenue or profit?

Revenue. The topic says over N1 million in sales. The amazing thing is that this was achieved with a principal of about N200k.

Of course I didn't plan to let the cat out of the bag so early.

3 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 6:24am On Jan 27, 2016
kennyman2000:

Me too just dey laugh here 2sex and Enterpro You see our nairalander people. When they see a thread thats all abt money, they wont bother to ask question. Na to dey drop email and saying am interested. Thats why i dont pity them when some of them are scammed. Wondering how they cant use their head. How would someone say he's making #1million monthly sales on dealdey of all places! Ohhh boy!

I'm not selling anything here, neither am I soliciting for training here. That's why I'm not obliged to post my bank statement here.

However, there are other people I know who make more than a million in sales too. That's the only business they do.

My advice is to approach it as a full time business.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by solid3(m): 7:45am On Jan 27, 2016
Following....
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by iMerchant: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2016
DealFinder:

NB

I am here to read comments.

To learn how to make more money and to also know the op store name on these platforms.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by 2sex(m): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2016
DealFinder:

I'm not selling anything here, neither am I soliciting for training here. That's why I'm not obliged to post my bank statement here.

However, there are other people I know who make more than a million in sales too. That's the only business they do.

My advice is to approach it as a full time business.
Well, I am aware of people make that kind of money selling on DealDEY but if you would be willing to answer these questions without holding anything back, then I would say you are a rare being just like ymodulus.

Now let me ask you this question... Note, it's not a must that you answer since you are doing this out of freewill and not getting paid. But then, not answer would only mean that the purpose of this thread has been defeated or that you had other agenda, at least that's what would be read.

1. How do you research HOT, FAST, IN DEMAND products, something that will sell pretty fast... That is, what gives you the confidence that what you are about to import will sell, what are your thought process when searching for these products? we all know virtually everyone buys from.aliexpress, 1688

2. When you receive orders, how do you send it to the buyer, what is the name of the logistic company that you use or would recommend? Does distance of the buyer affect you? Does DealDey have drop off point like Jumia and co?

3. How do you get goods at cheaper rate? Are you a member of group buying and splitting?

2 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2016
iMerchant:

I am here to read comments.

To learn how to make more money and to also know the op store name on these platforms.

I won't disclose my store name on this thread. One of the major areas I'll focus on is sourcing your products. I will show from experience the things to look out for when sourcing products to sell.

Showing my store will also show my products and I prefer those interested in selling online to go for their own products because Dealdey tends to favour those who sell unique products, or relatively uncommon ones. However, if what you seek is evidence, I'll address it.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by EnterPRO: 8:35am On Jan 27, 2016
DealFinder:

Revenue. The topic says over N1 million in sales. The amazing thing is that this was achieved with a principal of about N200k.

Of course I didn't plan to let the cat out of the bag so early.

OK sir. pls ride on.

the reason I asked is because I know things on DealDey have slowed in the past few months.

I'm sure your tips will be beneficial to many.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by 2sex(m): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:

OK sir. pls ride on.

the reason I asked is because I know things on DealDey have slowed in the past few months.

It may have slowed due to the Naira to Dollar problem but if you can get it cheaper rates from your bank, this will be the best time to start.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 8:43am On Jan 27, 2016
2sex:
Well, I am aware of people make that kind of money selling on DealDEY but if you would be willing to answer these questions without holding anything back, then I would say you are a rare being just like ymodulus.

Now let me ask you this question... Note, it's not a must that you answer since you are doing this out of freewill and not getting paid. But then, not answer would only mean that the purpose of this thread has been defeated or that you had other agenda, at least that's what would be read.

1. How do you research HOT, FAST, IN DEMAND products, something that will sell pretty fast... That is, what gives you the confidence that what you are about to import will sell, what are your thought process when searching for these products? we all know virtually everyone buys from.aliexpress, 1688

2. When you receive orders, how do you send it to the buyer, what is the name of the logistic company that you use or would recommend? Does distance of the buyer affect you? Does DealDey have drop off point like Jumia and co?

3. How do you get goods at cheaper rate? Are you a member of group buying and splitting?

I'll give you very simplistic answers to your questions. The reason is that they will be dealt with within the next few days. I intend to disclose what I have in mind within the next 9 days, and then we can continue with questions and answers.

1. I do not import my products. I buy directly from importers. This is because the cash conversion period is faster than importing. It simply means I get my returns faster and it enables me to achieve a greater number of TURNOVER

2. I use Call a Messenger, its quite efficient for my deliveries around Lagos. However, their delivery is within Lagos only. For larger items or orders outside Lagos, I use FedEx.

3. I'm not a member of a buying or splitting group. Never tried them, but I could be interested.

3 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by EnterPRO: 8:47am On Jan 27, 2016
2sex:
It may have slowed due to the Naira to Dollar problem but if you can get it cheaper rates from your bank, this will be the best time to start.

no sir. it slowed when they introduced new shipping policies.

merchants now ship directly to buyers and buyers can no longer pick up at DealDey offices.

the transition wasn't smooth and the platform is yet to recover from that sudden change and the convenience that went away with it.

with time hopefully, buyer confidence will return and sales will soar again.

those days on DealDey, it was very common to find lots of deals selling in their hundreds.

now you find only 1 or 2 deals selling in tens and the others in units.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by 2sex(m): 8:47am On Jan 27, 2016
DealFinder:

I'll give you very simplistic answers to your questions. The reason is that they will be dealt with within the next few days. I intend to disclose what I have in mind within the next 9 days, and then we can continue with questions and answers.

1. I do not import my products. I buy directly from importers. This is because the cash conversion period is faster than importing. It simply means I get my returns faster and it enables me to achieve a greater number of TURNOVER

2. I use Call a Messenger, its quite efficient for my deliveries around Lagos. However, their delivery is within Lagos only. For larger items or orders outside Lagos, I use FedEx.

3. I'm not a member of a buying or splitting group. Never tried them, but I could be interested.
Okay. I will be waiting to read them in details in next 9 days. But one question you didn't answer is how do you know what to buy that will in turn sell faster. Most people buy goods and can't sell them because people are not buying or because the market is already saturated. How do you handle this bottleneck problem?

CallaMessager site has been hacked bro embarassed
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by 2sex(m): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:

no sir. it slowed when they introduced new shipping policies.

merchants now ship directly to buyers and buyers can no longer pick up at DealDey offices.

the transition wasn't smooth and the platform is yet to recover from that sudden change and the convenience that went away with it.

with time hopefully, buyer confidence will return and sales will soar again.

those days on DealDey, it was very common to find lots of deals selling in their hundreds.

now you find only 1 or 2 deals selling in tens and the others in units.
I have noticed same too as I haven't been getting emails from them lately.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 8:54am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:

OK sir. pls ride on.

There were certain changes brought about by a new policy there. I call it a policy based on self preservation.

However, as an entrepreneur, one should see opportunities even in adversities. Yes, sales dropped, and quite a number of existing merchants dropped too. I had to stop selling for a couple of weeks in order to understand the new rules before resumption of selling on the platform.

From my analysis, there are a number of new opportunities. One of which is that Dealdey reduced their commission on each sale you make
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by EnterPRO: 8:59am On Jan 27, 2016
DealFinder:

There were certain changes brought about by a new policy there. I call it a policy based on self preservation.

However, as an entrepreneur, one should see opportunities even in adversities. Yes, sales dropped, and quite a number of existing merchants dropped too. I had to stop selling for a couple of weeks in order to understand the new rules before resumption of selling on the platform.

From my analysis, there are a number of new opportunities. One of which is that Dealdey reduced their commission on each sale you make

final question sir :

is your N1m sales revenue before or after their new policy?

the answer won't really affect the value of what you have to offer

will just help put things in perspective.

thanks
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 9:02am On Jan 27, 2016
2sex:
Okay. I will be waiting to read them in details in next 9 days. But one question you didn't answer is how do you know what to buy that will in turn sell faster. Most people buy goods and can't sell them because people are not buying or because the market is already saturated. How do you handle this bottleneck problem?

CallaMessager site has been hacked bro embarassed

I use a hybrid system in dealing with products. I stock quite a few, while I buy directly from the importers or wholesalers when I have orders that aren't in stock.

For sourcing products to sell, its isn't determined only by high selling products. There are other things I factor. Some of which are the best selling categories, genders that shop more, price ranges that people are willing to pay for items

2 Likes

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 9:05am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:

final question sir :
thanks
Before the new policy.
I resumed selling 2 weeks ago, and I'm doing quite well right now.

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 9:06am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:

final question sir :
thanks
Before the new policy.
I resumed selling 2 weeks ago, and I'm doing quite well right now.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 9:07am On Jan 27, 2016
EnterPRO:

final question sir :

thanks

There's also room for more questions, and suggestions too. Believe it or not, lots of companies selling their own brands find selling online very unattractive, because of their experiences.

For me, sourcing your products is the single most important aspect of selling. Whether for old or new policy, if properly done can keep the merchant's head well above water.

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by EnterPRO: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2016
DealFinder:

There's also room for more questions, and suggestions too. Believe it or not, lots of companies selling their own brands find selling online very unattractive, because of their experiences.

For me, sourcing your products is the single most important aspect of selling. Whether for old or new policy, if properly done can keep the merchant's head well above water.

ok sir. let me allow you to land.

will be back later.
Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by labels001: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2016
Dealdey is a nice platform to sell, I have a store with them, their sellerzone is easy and faster to use but just of recent, they have started misbehaving with delay in payments...They claim to change though as they gave an excuse of upgrading and working more to serve merchants and buyers better. One thing i have cherished lots about them is the massive traffic they pull to their store and promotion of products regardless how small they are. I have been making money with them too and you can add them to the likes of Jumia, and Konga. With these 3 e-stores, you will make more money. You can also make use of Konga weekend advert to pull sales, works like crazy, and you can derive other means too. Anyone can also share his opinion on how to generate more sales as we are all here to learn from eachother.
www.trumpsms.com

EnterPRO:

ok sir. let me allow you to land.

will be back later.

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by DealFinder(m): 10:13am On Jan 27, 2016
From my first post, it's obvious that at least 92 million Nigerians have used their devices (computer, laptop, tablet, phone) to access the internet at least once within the past 12 months. These are people who are able to manage their way around the internet.

Among these people are those who have made at least one online purchase in the last 12 months. They have bought products/ services found online, and have paid either online, using digital currencies, or using direct bank deposit.

The important thing is that they have initiated, and actually concluded purchase through the internet. They do not all have good shopping experiences, even with issues like late delivery, wrong model or colour of product supplied etc, most online shoppers believe that there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Yet again, read below excerpts from my research on online shoppers

" While Nigerians grapple with falling oil prices, dwindling Naira, and market losses in the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), there still exists amazing opportunities in E-commerce.

Statistics show that online business has lots of potentials for those who are willing and able. Nigeria is relatively new to online business transactions (popularly known as Electronic commerce, or E-commerce for short). With major players like Jumia, Konga, Dealdey and Kaymu springing up within the past 4 years.

As at the end of June 2014, about 63% of Nigerian internet users (over 40 million) had bought at least one item online, with 60% indicating that they had used their mobile phones for the purchases.

The Nigerian E-commerce market has a potential of $10 billion and about 300,000 orders daily. This was disclosed by Dr Omobola Johnson, the former minister of Communications technology.

A number of factors are responsible for the explosive growth in online transactions in Nigeria, prominent are:

1. Increasing number of internet users (about 92.2 million)
2. Fast growing middle class
3. Convenience of shopping online and having it delivered to your home
4. Ability to compare prices among competing E-commerce platforms and merchants
5. The use of social media to drive E-commerce participation
6. Access to broadband internet at more affordable cost
7. Increase in security of online payment systems
8. Introduction of CoD (Cash on Delivery) by most E-commerce platforms

The past 2 years has witnessed increasing number of E-commerce stores springing up, with some of them being market places that allow for multiple merchant or vendors. Others are dedicated stores exclusively for a single merchant to sell its products.

However, the potentials of E-commerce, increasing number of buyers, and favourable factors, have shown that the market is yet to be fully reached. Especially if you consider the logistics involved in reaching the extreme parts of the country (North East & North West of Nigeria).

There is room for everyone in this sector of business, especially those who can distinguish themselves from the crowd."

We currently have about 40 million shoppers, and to the best of my knowledge, these people are yet to be fully serviced.

Next post we'll look at some prominent online stores

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey by kennyman2000(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2016
labels001:
Dealdey is a nice platform to sell, I have a store with them, their sellerzone is easy and faster to use but just of recent, they have started misbehaving with delay in payments...They claim to change though as they gave an excuse of upgrading and working more to serve merchants and buyers better. One thing i have cherished lots about them is the massive traffic they pull to their store and promotion of products regardless how small they are. I have been making money with them too and you can add them to the likes of Jumia, and Konga. With these 3 e-stores, you will make more money. You can also make use of Konga weekend advert to pull sales, works like crazy, and you can derive other means too. Anyone can also share his opinion on how to generate more sales as we are all here to learn from eachother.
www.trumpsms.com

Bro, you on whatsapp or how do i contact you? need to make one or two enquries from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Exchange Rate: Cargo Import Drops To 65% At Seaports / CBN Approves Special Forex Intervention For Airlines / How Nigeria Is Making It Easier For Small Businesses To Get Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.