Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams (845 Views)

How To Make Your Dreams Come True / Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / What Are The Five Reasons That Will Make You Leave/quit Your Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
You've probably have many things running on your mind. A goal you would want to achieve. You see people do one or two things and you'd thought in your mind that you can even do better but funny enough, days roll into weeks, months and years yet you're stock where you are!

Alright, never feel alone. I have been in that shoe severally.

Yes, not once.

Just like you, they were things that held me back from launching out those wonderful plans in my head.

Here, let's see some of the factors that clog your dreams and stopping you from launching them out:

1. YOU' RE WAITING FOR A PERFECT TIME (CONDITIONS)

There is this feeling that there will be a time when everything will be set for you to launch out that glorious dream of yours. You've envisaged a situation where you have the money, time and other resources to try it out.

You see, I have been there! Yes, just like you. What if I told you that I have always had the dream of owning a blog for over one year! Yes! But the problem was that each time I wanted to do so, a challenge crops up and I tell myself, "just wait a bit, the right conditions will come and you will have your it". And then, as each moment passes by, I realize that I'm missing out on many fonts because I am waiting for the right time.

Until one day, I told myself that I must launch out. It wasn't easy. My laptop has broken down, time to write was not easily there and the money to get a self-hosted blog was not something I could do without altering one or two things.

But in spite of these, I waited no longer but gave it a try. And you know what, as young as I'm into this venture, it has opened doors of opportunities for me.

You see, whenever there's an opportunity, challenges must show forth. When you keep waiting for the perfect opportunity to pursue your vision, then you might as well bid such dream farewell. A man who waits for the conditions to be perfect, is akin to the biblical man who observes the wind. He never sows.

Despise the fears, work on them and launch out to the deep, there might never be a better time to do it than now!

2. POOR NETWORKING/CONNECTIVITY

The man named Solomon was once quoted as saying that "two are better than one". I guess he must have had an experience for him to come to such a conclusion.

Dreams require the input of others to bring them to reality. You might be finding it difficult to put that goal to practice because you have not liaised with the right persons.

The power of networking especially with those in the area you want to venture into, cannot be understated. I was able to have this platform running because I had connections with those who have been there. A nice fellow named Emmanuel Aniekan of www.onlinebloggingincome.com, was the one who hosted and designed this blog for me.

Before then, I have had contact with people like the C.E.O of Naijawriterscoach.com, Muhammed Abdullahi Tosin; and Kissesandhuggs.com, run by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo, just to name a few. I gained and still gaining more insights from them, closely or afar off. Things I find difficult have on many occasions melted away because I'm connected to them.

So, never lie alone, there are people who you need to be with in order for that lofty dream to be a reality. Break the ice, find the right people, connect and tap from their wealth of experience!

3. INFERIORITY COMPLEX:

I know you might be overwhelmed seeing the giants in the area where your visions are targeted at. In fact, mere mention of their names, sends cold shivers down your spine and you nod your head that you can't make any mark in that area.

Hmmm, the fear is real but never forget that those giants where like you and no where to be found when they started out!

Don't despise the days of your little beginning!

4. LACK OF PLANNING:

You may have those goals but have never thought of mapping out a well-structured plan on how to get about it. You don't even know the steps to take when you ought to and you then recoil to your shell and the dream shifted to maybe a-God-knows-when time.

Hnmm!!!

5. NO IMPACT IN SIGHT

When you know how much effect launching your dreams will cause, then you'll buckle up and chase it no matter what. You may lack an idea of how impacting those dreams and that's the more reason you are dissing them.

When you know that those who have affected your life started just with their goals and visions like you, then you will as well jerk back to live and see a reason to launch out.

Summarily, you must bear in mind that dreams don't become realities until you move out and step up your game. You can't get to your destination on a platter of gold, you must keep at it and be determined to see yourself where you're need to be.

So, over to you now! What are some of the fears holding you from launching our those lofty dreams/visions you have nursed for ages?

http://vesselofinspiration.com/five-reasons-why-you-are-afraid-to-launch-your-dreams-youve-probably-have-many-things-running-on-your-mind-a-goal-you-would-want-to-achieve-you-see-people-do-one-or-two-things-and-youd-thought/

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by RileyJohnson(f): 9:07am On Jan 27, 2016
Fear of failure.
Fear of rejection.
Fear of success.
Fear of not being good enough.
Fear of being alone.

If you look around you, the world is full of stories of people who took risks that paid off, all because they were able to get past their fear of failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
RileyJohnson:
Fear of failure.
Fear of rejection.
Fear of success.
Fear of not being good enough.
Fear of being alone.

If you look around you, the world is full of stories of people who took risks that paid off, all because they were able to get past their fear of failure

Sure, you're right. Many are so afraid that they can't do what they are even good at!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Godmother(f): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
A lot are afraid of uncertainties 'what if it doesn't work?' And they feel a bird in hand is better. Its not easy to take the plunge and leave the comfort of month-end salary o, especially if you are in the position where you have a lot of people relying on you financially.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
As for me, I av a lot of ideas to get rich bt MONEY is my stumbling block
Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nice article. Op can I share it on my Blog?
Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 28, 2016
operaabel:
Nice article. Op can I share it on my Blog?

Okay, you can but reference or link my blog.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 28, 2016
Godmother:
A lot are afraid of uncertainties 'what if it doesn't work?' And they feel a bird in hand is better. Its not easy to take the plunge and leave the comfort of month-end salary o, especially if you are in the position where you have a lot of people relying on you financially.

Yes, it's never easy but never forget that you can start with a step at a time and it doesn't necessarily mean you'll resign your job to do so!..
Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Godmother(f): 6:18am On Jan 28, 2016
Emmykego:

Yes, it's never easy but never forget that you can start with a step at a time and it doesn't necessarily mean you'll resign your job to do so!..

Yea, you are right.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Are Afraid To Launch Your Dreams by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 28, 2016
Emmykego:

Okay, you can but reference or link my blog.

No problem. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Dentistry ? / . / A Good IT Placement In Abuja Or Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.