Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

- Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / (5191 Views)

USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android / Whatsapp Has A Hidden New Feature And Here's How To Use It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by mokoshalb(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by seunlayi(m): 5:16am On Jan 27, 2016
Very informative

1 Like

Re: by pat077: 12:51pm On May 30, 2016
mokoshalb:
Hey Pimpz! I hope we are all still flexing our various cheats for browsing either the VPNs based cheat or the IMEI tweaking cheats. Today we are off to another focus entirely, which is based on DStv existing gadgeting which some of us don't still know about. But today, you are surely going to know all about it.

Do you know that with little or no subscription fee, you can view 16 or more DStv channels in Nigeria and some other DStv supported countries on your Smart Phones and PC.
All you need is a DStv mobile drifta to watch all 16 channels on your Android, Windows, iPhone, Blackberry 10, Mac and Windows PC.

About DStv Mobile Drifta:
This is a device that receives DVB-H signals and stream it to your device. As I mentioned earlier, all you need to watch DStv mobile is a DStv drifta which is available in 4 variants:

aDrifta: The aDrifta is a mobile TV decoder that receives DVB-H signal for viewing on android devices such as tecno, samsung, htc, innjoo, infinix, gionee and so on. {only android 4.0 and above}. You can read more about this in this eBook Download from here. Price range 3,000 - 4,500

iDrifta: The iDrifta is a mobile TV decoder that receives DVB-H signal for viewing on iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and so on. The iDrifta is just like the Drifta USB except that it comes with Apple's 30-PIN port. With the iDrifta, you can watch DSTV Mobile on Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch/Classic. If you have iPhone 5, iPad 4, or iPad Mini, you will need to buy 30-Pin to Lightning adapter separately. Price range 3,000 - 4,500

USB Drifta: Drifta USB is compatible with Computer running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Window 8.1 and Mac. So you need a computer to watch DSTV Mobile with Drifta USB. Price range 4,000 - 7,000

Wi-Fi Drifta: Drifta Wi-Fi decoder is a more versatile device for connecting your mobile devices or computers to DSTV Mobile. It not only connects your Windows and Mac, it also connects your android smartphone provided that it is Wi-Fi enabled. So, Drifta decoder can broadcast Mobile TV with Wi-Fi to your compatible Wi-Fi devices. Drifta is compatible with computers and laptops as well as Android 2.2+, iOS 5/6, and BlackBerry 5+ tablets and smartphones as long as they support Wi-Fi. Price range 10,000 - 15,000

Now that you are familiar with the 4 variants of DStv drifta, You know which to choose when buying. The only step remaining is for you to download the app via your respective stores. i.e: Google playstore, Apple iStore, Blackberry World e.t.c.

Disadvantages of this device:
It makes use of the charging point of Android and iPhone as the connector between the device and the decoder unlike the Wi-Fi and USB Drifta.
It doesn't work for ROOTED android devices.
Low quality on large screens.
How It Works:
After buying it from DStv office you subscribe.
But if you have DStv or GOtv you will tell them to link it together so that whenever you subscribe for DStv or GOtv its also reflect on the Drifta.
After buying and processing, Read the User Manual to guide you through the rest of the steps.
Voila!!! you are now watching live matches and events and the palm of your hands.
Channels like Super Sports 3 and 5, Mnet Movies will only be presents for those who linked their drifta to premium DStv account and Wi-Fi Drifta owners only!.

I think i have been able to clear your doubt on how durable this device is and I wish you get yours sooner in the upcoming days. I hope you also enjoy my article, If you feel i deserve appreciation, you can do so by sharing this posts on Facebook, Twitter, Whtasapp Groups, BBM, Google + e.t.c...
:::
http://www.mokoshalb.com/2015/12/all-you-need-to-know-about-dstv-drifta.html
:::
cc: lalasticlala
is the signal only available in selected cities or one can use it anywhere?
Re: by Friedyokes: 1:04pm On May 30, 2016
u called us "pimpz" u do what pimpz are right....Informative though
Re: by Oluwabosco22(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
When you've already activated your DSTV WiFi Drifta, and you've been subscribing for N800 per month, can you still link it to an already activated premium (full package) account? Please Reply
Re: by Dam5reey(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Oluwabosco22:
When you've already activated your DSTV WiFi Drifta, and you've been subscribing for N800 per month, can you still link it to an already activated premium (full package) account? Please Reply

Can you watch Supersport 3 and 5.. when tou you pay 800# per month?

1 Like

Re: by Oluwabosco22(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2016
Dam5reey:

Can you watch Supersport 3 and 5.. when tou you pay 800# per month?

No, you can't watch SuperSport 3 & 5...it's only SuperSport 5 and I'm fed up with their hockey and stupid non-football sports
Re: by zobel(m): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Does this work in niger state?
Re: by Segunagagu(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
Anybody who has the drifta WiFi for sale at a cheap Price. should contact me..07030565261 u can flash... I will call back..
Am In Lagos...
Re: by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
How much is the current price of adrifta and where to buy it

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Open Mobile Sites Like Mjoy On Computer. / Best Smartphones Under 30,000 naira January 2018 / Whats The Longest Time You've Spent On A Phone Call?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.