Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead (16510 Views)

Chief Sunday Igboho, Prince Kazeem Eletu React To Ade Lawyer’s Allegation / Breaking: Former Premier League Ace Dalian Atkinson Dies After Being Tasered / Nigeria’s Youngest Police IG Ever, Sunday Adewusi, Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by TonyAntony: 7:56am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP. No doubt, he had a good career in the Nigerian Police and got to d pinnacle. He also lived a good life. By d way, did u knw that former Oyo state Governor, Chief Alao Akala was d ADC of d dead IG, while he was in d Police?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by 2neeyoo(m): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
RIP to him But "OGBOMOSHO"
our father in OGBOMOSHO.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by olakan22: 8:09am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
what is wrong with Ogbomoso? Hen?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by olakan22: 8:14am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
Hummmm ilu nla fun Awon odale ( traitor)
if you don't explain this...wetin go happen to you ehn lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by jbl007(m): 8:19am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
And wat abt Ogbomoso...talk wetin dey ur mind.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by naptu2: 8:23am On Jan 27, 2016
olakan22:

grin I suspect that he is referring to the 1983 elections, particularly the "shoot at sight" order and the battle between Adekunle Ajasin (UPN) and Akin Omoboriowo (NPN, formerly of UPN) and also the battle between Victor Omololu Olunloyo (NPN) and Bola Ige (UPN).
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Plenip: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:

It ll be appropriate if you expatiate on this, so that we can learm.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by jbl007(m): 8:28am On Jan 27, 2016
ELGREF:
what's wrong with my town,I'm pround of my town,awa la ma je ka,ta tun fi eko yangan le,Ogun o ja ko ko ogbomoso....
Ori e wanbe...Ogbomoso ajilete

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by jbl007(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
Oro ago ni eyii o.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by naptu2: 8:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) was very popular in all the south west states during the second republic. Its governorship candidates won elections in all the LOOBO states in 1979 (LOOBO = Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Bendel and Ondo).

Then came the 1983 elections (the worst elections I have ever seen). Akin Omoboriowo who was Deputy Governor in Ondo State decided that he wanted to be Governor, despite the fact that his boss, Governor Adekunle Ajasin, was also running for the position.

Omoboriowo decamped from the UPN to the NPN (President Shagari's party). The elections were held and it was announced that the NPN had won. Ondo caught fire. Omoboriowo had to flee to Lagos (I can't remember very well, but I think he actually took the oath of office in Lagos). The riots continued.

I told you about all the equipment that Sunday Adewusi bought for the police (armoured cars, water cannons, submachine guns, etc). They were deployed to Ondo. He also gave a shoot at sight order, i.e, policemen should shoot any rioter that they see.

Ajasin went to court and the Appeal Court later overturned the election. It didn't matter though, because there was a coup a few weeks later.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by abelitolebrt: 8:47am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP bAbA .......... SOBBings
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Abudu2000(m): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2016
Upon the whole wealth,why didn't him just bribe death?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by 4dchairman(m): 9:02am On Jan 27, 2016
Do not speak ill of the dead? This man was behind the mass rigging of the 1983 election by the Sheu Shagari led administration. Political thugs adorned police uniform and terrorised the populace, snatching of FEDECO ballot boxes and intimidation of oppositions. May the living learn from the dead.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by happney65: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2016
realestworld:
Police sef dey die?

grin
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by olakan22: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2016
naptu2:

grin I suspect that he is referring to the 1983 elections, particularly the "shoot at sight" order and the battle between Adekunle Ajasin (UPN) and Akin Omoboriowo (NPN, formerly of UPN) and also the battle between Victor Omololu Olunloyo (NPN) and Bola Ige (UPN).
so that makes him a traitor?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by naptu2: 9:18am On Jan 27, 2016
olakan22:
so that makes him a traitor?

In the eyes of some people, yes. It's the same way that some people also believe that Justice Atanda Fatayi-Williams was a traitor (he was attacked by some people in the late 1990s or early 2000s because of his 1979 judgement).
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by folik121: 9:25am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
what is your ''but'' in Ogbomosho?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Deborahj(f): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP Chief Sunday Adewunsi Asiwaju of Ogbomoso Land.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by olakan22: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2016
naptu2:

In the eyes of some people, yes. It's the same way that some people also believe that Justice Atanda Fatayi-Williams was a traitor (he was attacked by some people in the late 1990s or early 2000s because of his 1979 judgement).
so anytime one becomes sympathetic to the North, he becomes a traitor? The truth is Ogbomoso people naturally have a good relationship with northerners historically, two prominent settlers in Ogbomoso- Soun and Aale- were from the north... Ogbomoso was old Oyo empire's window to the north being a stronghold that boasts of brave warriors. So people migrated to the north and were able to live there peacably... Anytime you decide to be sympathetic to the North ( from Akintola to Adekunle to Adewusi etc) you become a traitor to 'Awoists' and that makes be doubt the Federalism of Awolowo... Because, all those calling Ogbomosos traitors claim to be Awoists. Anyways I'm warning whoever cares to be warned, OGBOMOSO IS NOT A LAND OF TRAITORS, WE ARE A BRAVE AND LOYAL PEOPLE. WE LOVE PEACE AND WE ARE DILLIGENT... IF ANYONE BROADCASTS OTHERWISE, THE DORMANT POWERS FOR YEARS WOULD STRIKE. Ibkgab001 sóogbò

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by ibkgab001: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2016
olakan22:
olakan22:
what is wrong with Ogbomoso? Hen?

You are one of them you quoted me twice in the same minute.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by olakan22: 10:42am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:

You are one of them you quoted me twice in the same minute.
somehow undecided
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Mosh1: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
What happen to Ogbomosho?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by sunrothyme: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
Sunday Adewusi d best IGP so far,follow by Tafa Balogun.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by lekejob(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
Omo ose niko kumo baya e, i won't allow you to provoke me, but please grow up.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by lekejob(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:

Omo ose niko kumo baya e, i won't allow you to provoke me, but please grow up.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Mosh1: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2016
ELGREF:
what's wrong with my town,I'm pround of my town,awa la ma je ka,ta tun fi eko yangan le,Ogun o ja ko ko ogbomoso....
Nice one Bro,I am proudly Ogbomosho too. Ogbomosho Ajilete,ilu ti ogun kii ja.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Mosh1: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
omo ale.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Ashabam(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
so what do mean by ogbomoso.... Is it not good or what?
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Brushless: 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=naptu2 post=42360853][/quote]So we heard then, but what else do you expect from coup plotters. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by williesmith: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2016
I know he was respected and loved by Nigerians, his biography is flawless ( https://ask.naij.com/politics/who-is-sunday-adewusi-i23792.html ). It is always sad when a good person leaves, RIP Sunday Adewusi..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Things You Cant Learn In The Classroom / Nairaland Is 8 Years Old Today / 5 Things About You Never To Feel Inferior About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.