Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? (5325 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine / Love From A Different View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by TheSeeker(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2009
What is it that you can tell about love? Is it built over time? Does anything exist such as "love at first sight"? What has made you fall out of love? When you love someone can you dislike them again at some point? Say what it is you can about love.
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by internetma(m): 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2009
Love is God and vice versa
I always say love is Giving.
Love requires being in agreement with one another to go through all notwithstanding.
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by Feelitx(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
Love is the gift on one's self. True love is pure and unadulterated. When you genuinely love anyone, you can never stop.There is nothing as love at first sight.
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 30, 2009
Love is misunderstood and taken for granted. I think love is like energy, transfered from one form to another and there in lies its abuse. There is nothing like love at first sight, thats merely attraction. When you've truly loved someone, you never stop, you just find away to let them go and move on with life. I don't believe you can't love more than one person in this lifetime, i just believe it takes discipline to focus on loving the one you've committed yourself to.

Personally, I've only ever loved one guy, and i still do, but it's past tense and I've moved on. I used to think i'd never stop thinking about him, but one day i woke up, and it was something else on my mind. When i remember now, i smile, even though we didn't part on good terms, i still smile. The other guys I've dated and hated, i never loved, i knew it then and nothing has changed. I was prepared to care for them, and see if it would evolve, but it didn't and i'm glad cause they weren't worth it. Will i love again, absolutely, love is the purest gift we have for ourselves, and others.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by Monicaa: 4:38am On Jun 30, 2009
@ezinne1212, it feels gud 2 kno dat u hav been in d same situation I'm in right now. I am moving on nd dated others but my ex is still @ d top, d only one I've truly loved even though we didn't end on gud terms mainly caused by him.
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by TheSeeker(m): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2009
@Ezinne

Nice one there.
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by nethacker(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2009
Love makes a fool look like a wise man and a wise man like a fool grin .there is no difference btw a wise man n a fool wen they r in love grin .mathematical love,
wise man=fool wen they r in ;Dlove
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by Taken(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2009
@ poster:

True Love can never die; moreover, we often give the real love to the wrong person.
But a complete true love exists between two people, but incomplete love is the love that one has for another without any reciprocation.

Yeah, I know what true love is,
Love, what should I say about you?
That you flow from the heart that never dies,
that you nourishes yourself with the heartbeat of another,
that you cry day and night with unfulfilled expectations,
Love, how often you moved mountains on behalf of your beloved,
I saw you once walked through the river of fire to bring your beloved the finest wine in the lad,
remember last night love, as you drench yourself with the imagination of your lover's bosom,
Yes, I remember that love told me it is not about sex,
but the melding together of two hearts beats, that beats together with the tick of a second,
I am not blind she said, for I know all there is to know about my lover,
only that I love my lover unconditionally,
but love, what if you lover refuses you,
I continue to love till another finds me and complete my being!

By Taken - the loverman (copyrighted 09).
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by ebila(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2009
Love makes ur life so very beutiful when u have it and makes it pretty much miserable when u don't have it.It really is built over time and there can be somethin' like love-at-first-sight,but it's rare.Mostly u get lust-at-first-sight.
Re: What Can You Say About Love From Your Experience? by Romeo4real(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2009
There is nothing like "love at first sight", and there is nothing like "true Love", as this implies there is a "false".
LOVE is LOVE. Anything else can not be Love. What most people pass as Love cannot be Love - That's why it changes with each passing emotion, and they "fall" in, or out just as easily. Just because you feel it, say it, or think it, does not mean it is Love

Real Love is based on truly knowing someone, and all their flaws (that's why u cant logically "love" at first sight), it is not fickle, as it is not conditional on what the person does to you. It really is unconditional (this is very difficult to achieve, but not impossible) - What is the difficulty in loving someone who is always nice to you, and has no flaws?

Love does not change over time. What can change however, is the expression and intensity of the Love.

I once had a fiancee that i loved very much, but i intensely disliked certain aspects of her character. I cancelled the engagement and moved on, much to her and her family's fury. Even now, she is still quite nasty to be occasionally, but i still Love her. I don't pine for her, i def don't want her, i wont marry her if she was the last person on earth, but, just b'cos she couldn't be my wife, does not mean i cant love her.

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Should A Woman Start Getting Worried About Marriage / Photo: Meet The 35-year-old Virgin Who Has Vowed Never To Have Sex With Anyone! / Help;my Brother Is In A Complete Mess Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.