Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners (36575 Views)

Maope Ogun Of Channels Reply Peoples Criticism Of Her About Martin Onovo / The Next Time Maupe Ogun Of Channels Hears That We Will Interview Onovo (pics) / Response To Channels Sunrisedaily Presenters Taken To The Cleaners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by emeraldlife: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
Many thanks to anyone who uploaded the clip.
Having watched the first two clip, all i can say is that the female interviewer took it so personal. I like her composure and intelligence, but the way he cuts her guest was very wrong. She should watch it, else...

For those saying Mr. Onovo was shouting, how else do you want him to keep answering question when the rudely modupe never lets him to land. Abi una never go interview before?

For the dark guy, Chmaber (or whatever u guys call him) who's sweating profusely looks confuse and always nod in agreement even when Onovo was wrong with certain claims about government policies.

Let me continue

2 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by emmaelectelect(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
sweet!
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by jelal007(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nonsense.....I watched the programme and that man (the guest) was annoyingly funny. He kept contradicting himself,throwing tantrums and argued too much making senseless points. Check out Comrade Issa Aremu,when he came on the programme he made beautiful points and was very calm expressing himself.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by agabaI23(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ndolarr:
I watched the programme and honestly, I lost the respect I had for Onovo. He made wild, unfounded allegations which Maupe especially wanted him to substantiate. Unfortunately, he could not and then resorted to annoying antics of a year one undergraduate!! Give it to the Channels crew, particularly Maupe, they know their onions and should be commended. They punctured every wild claims made by Onovo. I salute them. I know Onovo will be more careful when next he is on Sunrise Daily programme to share his views on national issues.
So they were defending the president then? Lol...someone said Channels is neutral..
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by JaneJoanJohn(f): 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by brassbradley(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dahveydson:
Thankfully I watched it, if not i'd have believed Op.

If shouting, refusing to hear out your interviewers, distorting the words of the president and ministers, giving hilarious facts means taking them to the cleaners then you're right.

Those that didn't watch it, please try and do to judge yourself.

Let me tell you what happened last, He said the ministers appear not to be doing anything that everything was at a standstill, Then they showed him a clip of Fashola inspecting power plants, Right there on live TV, the man twisted what fashola said to suit his narrative.

For those saying ChannelsTV is pro-APC, I can only laugh. Channels neutrality and objectivity have kept them above all other stations in Nigeria for a very long time now.
God bless you, you are just correct.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by emecheboy2(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
tomdon:
I want to tell you that channels TV is a 100% neutral television station.
trust me.
whatever opinions expressed by presenters are personal to the presenters.
let's not be shallow here, it's not about political affiliations, whoever comes on the show is drilled accordingly, be it the ruling party or the opposition. that much is clear to the objective mind.

My dear every presenter or anchor of any programme in mainstream media is an extension of media house political affiliations. for example CNN is support the democratic party and US policies abroad even if the American policy is causing deaths and war elsewhere in the world (e.g Syria crisis, Libya etc)and giving them humanitarian relief and refugee status as an excuse. Also is Foxnews supporting Republicans and so many media houses around the world. Channels TV has been pretending for too long but this one just came in as a big punch. more revelations about their partisanship will come up if the economy continues to move south except they don't invite sound minds again to there programmes.

6 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Sam0(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
All I knw is that channels TV is the best tv station for the 10th time
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by erinalex: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
poiZon:

come to terms that gej lost? are u serious?
what has been ur gain since he lost?
hv u built more houses ever since he lost?
hv ur lot been better off than when he was in power?
have u added anything tangible to ur miserable life since he lost?
abi u r now known in the world cos gej lost election.
u must be a fool to keep toeing this gej lost thing, am appy gej lost so the north can take back power n do what they wanna do with it.
my loyalty lie I my state which is my primary constituent, naija polity isnt in my offing.
so next time when someone share his opinion, read n pass. its not a must to quote any comments that does not come interms or level of gullibility.
mumu!
mynd44 I don insult this guy so incase he comes crying.....
PDP destroyed d country for 16yrs of their misrule and u expect APC to fix it in 7months,surely Aro awaits you !

2 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by nogames: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
agabaI23:
So they were defending the president then? Lol...someone said Channels is neutral..
Yes that is how it suppose to be, since they dont have goverment representive in the studio , in order to be balanced, they must as matter of profession defend absent party .

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Trunaijian: 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
PNomsule:
Channels Sunrisedaily Presenters Taken To The Cleaners

A guest on Sunrisedailynow, Engr. Martin Onovo wasn't one to be played the Devils Advocate with as has been the stock in trade with the trio of: #Chamberlain, #Sulaiman and chief of all #MaupeO.
The erudite, very eloquent and particularly sound two time Presidential Candidate successfully exposed the presenters making them appear as though they were apologists of the PMB (mal)Administration. He was quick to answer their questions very sagaciously, puncturing every effort to glorify the 2016 budget proposal. He did term the budget as one of "Ruination" and replete with contradictions.
Safe for Chamberlain who kept his cool and tried exuding some level of maturity (even though he appeared stoned at some point), Maupe and Sulaiman were kept mute for the last 10mins of the session for inadequacy.
I beg to differ. Mr Onovo was blind to reason, diplomacy and courtesy. He was blatantly arrogant, un accommodating and obviously an enemy of the present administration. He is a wailer. Yes he is. It was obvious. He is not worthy of any commendation whatsoever because he lacks true grit in leadership. No wonder today was my first day of hearing or seeing him. He is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by poiZon: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
erinalex:
PDP destroyed d country for 16yrs of their misrule and u expect APC to fix it in 7months,surely Aro awaits you !

who get brain thr even if na 6kb memory make we help dis zombie?

2 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by toprealman: 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Have always said this before now that those guys represent what journalism is not. You DO NOT make your guest look like a fool just to make a silly statement. I hope to get my turn soon. Can't wait to face Modupe who thinks she is smart. Sunday school wey I go teach me Revelation wella.

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
He was only trying to defend his failure to gather ordinary 3000 votes why would he compare a budget which the capital expenditure is up 30percent of d total budget.atleast is the best budget so far
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by barcaboi(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
poiZon:
hv said this time without number n I will keep saying it, channels tv is pro acn, pro apc n pro pmb abi gmb cos no diffrnce between then n now.
almost all their guests during the election were pro apc, n u know what propaganda does. the more u listen to it, the more u believe them thinking they r feedng u with the truth not knowng they are playing on the gullibility of unsound minds.
and when dey took lai mohammed to d cleaners and made him misyan about PmB not been a party leader; it was pro-acn bah....stop dis fallacies
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by barcaboi(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
tomdon:

that maupe is fond of rudely interjecting guests and shutting them up rather than letting them have their say, I usually wonder why you invite guests and then u don't allow them talk
it's a pity she takes undue advantage of her position by being overtly opinionated and likes to always have her say, this makes a mess of whatever intelligence she possesses.
Chamberlain is the most mature of the bunch
dats why she's dere as a antagonist. ..she's a journalist and her job is to keep u on ur toes till u misyan.....haba na
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Splashme: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
PNomsule:

I bet she wouldn't watch the video after.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by agabaI23(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
nogames:
Yes that is how it suppose to be, since they dont have goverment representive in the studio , in order to be balanced, they must as matter of profession defend absent party .
I don't think so. If they are neutral as you claimed they are, they should ask questions from neutral point of view and then invite a President's person to defend the allegations from Onovo...
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by ogmaskman: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
monex:

I am still waiting for the day Channels presenter will oppose a Pro PMB

My brother they do oooo. One of the reasons why NTA and AIT have not won best tv station for a while is because of their partisanship. Channels is professional.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by FemiFaniKayode: 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dominiquez:
Martin Okechukwu Onovo my smart cousin. Nobody do dare with us cos its in our blood.

tell that your cousin i said he just made a caricature of himself on national tv saying he is not a career politician and then throwing obvious lies and couldn't even defend remember or articulate his own comments.

very sad
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:

tell that your cousin i said he just made a caricature of himself on national tv saying he is not a career politician and then throwing obvious lies and couldn't even defend remember or articulate his own comments.

very sad

When you refuse to accept a clear truth of the real state of Nigeria economy under Buhari and start fighting the personality of Martin all i can say to you is that you are a pure definition of ZOMBIE.

Call a spade a spade and not a garden fork.

2 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by FemiFaniKayode: 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dominiquez:

When you refuse to accept a clear truth of the real state of Nigeria economy under Buhari and start fighting the personality of Martin all i can say to you is that you are a pure definition of ZOMBIE.

Call a spade a spade and not a garden fork.

I may be a Zombie thank you but please pass my comments to him
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Mustay(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
I didn't see the need for the guest to attack the interviewer subliminally; saying Maupe must have come from the moon, she "didn't catch a lot of things", Suleiman is "not listening" or asking whether they knew the economic direction of the government etc were unnecessary. They spent almost 5 minutes discussing the evidence of the CBN's "directionlesness' and I liked the way the interviewers pointed out the need for him to disclose his source.

It's something I notice about Nigerians; when asked to provide evidence and speak with facts, they begin to get edgy. For a former presidential candidate, I expected a better composure.

Psst
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by agabaI23(m): 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
Anybody who has anything but praises for Onovo is either being insincere or outrightly mischievous and that includes my TV crush Maope Ogun....

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:

I may be a Zombie thank you but please pass my comments to him

Sorry I won't make myself a zombie like you are.

Its not in our nature.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by osewanu(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
No matter how much you wail, Buhari is there for at least another 3 years. There's nothing you can do about that. So live with it!

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
olatunji21:
Maupe was bittered.... very very... Kudos to Chamberlain...He was very professional..

She probably thought the guy will fall for her shape. grin
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
PNomsule:
Channels Sunrisedaily Presenters Taken To The Cleaners

A guest on Sunrisedailynow, Engr. Martin Onovo wasn't one to be played the Devils Advocate with as has been the stock in trade with the trio of: #Chamberlain, #Sulaiman and chief of all #MaupeO.
The erudite, very eloquent and particularly sound two time Presidential Candidate successfully exposed the presenters making them appear as though they were apologists of the PMB (mal)Administration. He was quick to answer their questions very sagaciously, puncturing every effort to glorify the 2016 budget proposal. He did term the budget as one of "Ruination" and replete with contradictions.
Safe for Chamberlain who kept his cool and tried exuding some level of maturity (even though he appeared stoned at some point), Maupe and Sulaiman were kept mute for the last 10mins of the session for inadequacy.
They kept mute apparently because the man kept standing logic on its head!
Every economist of note in the last 2 and a half weeks has said for the first time attention is being paid to CAPEX, and that Nigeria may now hope for a more development oriented economy. The borrowing to finance the budget can not all be gotten in 1 quarter, so how can ONOVO say "we are borrowing to finance OPEX?!!!!!!!!
In fact, since the issue of corruption wiped out capital project financing, it is reasonable to budget in trillions as long as the president is sure that the recurrent expenditure will not be stolen and used for frivolous projects.
So, when ONOVO begins to talk like a man who is living in dreamland created by himself and for himself even Gbenga Aruleba will be confounded.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by coolscott(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
I watched. But not till the very end. It's so sad that the quality of what they do has fallen to the level of embarassment to the profession because we are not supposed to see their political leanings through their interviews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by IkpuMmadu: 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
coolscott:
I watched. But not till the very end. It's so sad that the quality of what they do has fallen to the level of embarassment to the profession because we are not supposed to see their political leanings through their interviews

BuT we are seeing it...the most pathetic are your view girls at tvc

They are just pro APC
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by IkpuMmadu: 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
kaeforum:

She probably thought the guy will fall for her shape. grin

Is she the Nicki minaj of our time ?

Mtchewww
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by AWEsomeRay(m): 6:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/lack-of-fiscal-directives-behind-current-economic-woes-cbn/
Mustay:
I didn't see the need for the guest to attack the interviewer subliminally; saying Maupe must have come from the moon, she "didn't catch a lot of things", Suleiman is "not listening" or asking whether they knew the economic direction of the government etc were unnecessary. They spent almost 5 minutes discussing the evidence of the CBN's "directionlesness' and I liked the way the interviewers pointed out the need for him to disclose his source.

It's something I notice about Nigerians; when asked to provide evidence and speak with facts, they begin to get edgy. For a former presidential candidate, I expected a better composure.

Psst
I see nothing wrong in dose comments u pointed out thoo....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Expect ‘Kingsize Eviction’ This Sunday – Organisers / Photos Of Kemen's Girlfriend & And Supposed Wife Surface Online / BBNaija: Mercy "My Father's Tenant Was My First Boyfriend"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.