Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Does Love Realy Fades Away? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Realy Fades Away? (17605 Views)

I Wanna Know If Love Fades Away With Tym. / After Sex, Love Fades Away!! (true Or False) / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love Realy Fades Away? by tommy2k2(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2009
relationships is always sweet when it's first started after few months or years in that same relationship, it gets boring and u feel u dont love him/her anymore,
does it means d love fades away?
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by MissyB1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2009
I think it happens when a r/s is entrenched on love ALONE
and other important factors like compatibility are slung in the culverts. . . . .
Ma che cazzo ne so io? grin
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by frank317: 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2009
yes!!
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Akinagirl(f): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2009
For a relationship to last you need more than love. You need compatibility, understanding, trust, you need to be good friends. List goes on or that "love" wont last.

2 Likes

Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by tommy2k2(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2009
@ Akinagirl
re u saying, even true love dont fade??
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Akinagirl(f): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2009
If you don't work at it. You cant solidify it. You can get bored with someone and still love them. You can even feel like leaving someone and still love them. But if you truly love that person it wont fade. But the relationship will disintegrate if you don't work at it. You can't go on love alone.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Akinagirl(f): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2009
Just because you love someone don't mean that the relationship would last, or even need to last. Some people just are not compatible.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Kelvinj(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
I tink b4 u go in2 a r/ship, sum factors should set in like compactibility, true luv cos if itz nt real d fire goes of aft a short while. Well guez good friendship b4 good relationship.
@missy b
cute
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by moneygame(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2009
Dear,

love will never fade away, it depends on both of you.

love is so good that it is sweeter than anything in the world,

I am talking out of experience,if both of you understands yourselves well,

everyday will always be fresh as if both of you met today.

To read more then visit my blog where i explained it so well

www.loveandromancewins..com
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Igwe9(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2009
Love does not fade away, but desire for each other diminishes with time, especially when the parties involve fail to spice up their relationship with whatever. smiley
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by tpiah: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2009
love can come, go, return, leave, stay put, exit, arrive again.

Different stages, different time frames.

However, for a lucky few, love stays permanent.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2009
Love may not fade away. Truth is how many couples are really in love? Most likely one is doing the loving and the other the receiving.
When the receiver tires, he/she leaves the one with the real love. The real love doesn't die that is why one party gets heartbroken and not both when the r/ship ends.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by profits1: 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2009
It depend on what brought two people together, If it is lust, it must surely fade, if it out of those things that cant vanish, it wont fade.
The most important things in the world cannot be touched they are felt in the heart.

love felt in the heart cannot fade

1 Like

Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by iice(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2009
Akinagirl:

For a relationship to last you need more than love. You need compatibility, understanding, trust, you need to be good friends. List goes on or that "love" wont last.
Akinagirl:

If you don't work at it. You cant solidify it. You can get bored with someone and still love them. You can even feel like leaving someone and still love them. But if you truly love that person it wont fade. But the relationship will disintegrate if you don't work at it. You can't go on love alone.

Gbam!
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by nethacker(m): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2009
love dey fade wel wel, but can always strike ur heart wen u come in contact with dat person u once love
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Sauron1: 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
tommy2k2:

relationships is always sweet when it's first started after few months or years in that same relationship, it gets boring and u feel u dont love him/her anymore,
does it means d love fades away?

YES!!!

Love is like a puff of smoke. . . .It changes with every wind.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Busybody2(f): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2009
[b]
Choosing to love someone is a will, it either fades away and dies if not nurtured or intensifies and grows and blossoms and matures and evolves overtime into something stonger, so love that fades is not love to begin with.

After the initial thrill and excitement and euphoria and admiration and passion and romance has ran its course, it is true love that binds you together. True love is what allows you to set aside your own selfish interest, because the person you love is now laid bare and stripped away and it helps you accept your partner's flaws, weaknesses, shortcomings and habits and overlook the fact that they have gained weight,or that they snore or that they are going bald . . .

When you are truly in love, it should keep you safe and warm, be your comfort zone and a rock you can seek solace from or hide under, somewhere you can be yourself without being judged, where you can express yourself and expose yourself without any fear of repercussion.

Disclaimer:
The above does not apply to relationships where there is domestic violence or verbal abuse or being constantly put down, or cheated on continuously or undermined or oppressed etc
[/b]
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2009
Love is constant, it doesn't fade. if you think it has, then you neva loved in the first placed. Like others have mentioned, it take much more than love to keep a relationship going.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2009
Am a realist and there's no such thing as true love it's just sheer compatbility and level of being comfortable with another person.True love is a fictional concept doesn't exist.And if it does then it's bound to fade cuz nothing last forever.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Busybody2(f): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2009
pc guru:

Am a realist and there's no such thing as true love it's just sheer compatbility and level of being comfortable with another person.True love is a fictional concept doesn't exist.And if it does then it's bound to fade cuz nothing last forever.

Well in that case then, compatibility too is a fallacy because people's interest changes and wanes with time too wink And how comfortable can you be, having someone shift the goalpost every week, e.g. passionate about golf this month but has no interest next month and has moved to the next flavour of the month, how do you intend to keep up undecided

True love it is and it rocks tongue
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by wrex001(m): 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2009
Yes! Love does fade if what got the relationship started is not being refreshed often.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 28, 2009
love for me doesn't fade away, it all depends on your definition. love is everything
you must take love in its true perspective for it to be true.
i'd like to define love as what you feel even when you don't feel very loving.
the truth is that very few people have the capacity to sincerely love others,
when you look at your partner from the right perspective, you'll be able to put them before you.
and for those who think it is blind, then they better go see a healer, if anything love sees the wrong
even before the person realises it, but infatuation don't and sorry to say that's what many people call love.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:47am On Jun 29, 2009
Nahhh. . . .don't think it does. . .people change, circumstances change, situations change, . . .i strongly believe love is CONSTANT!!! wink smiley
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by puskin: 3:00am On Jun 29, 2009
Ppl, circumstances nd situations change. . . .TRUE.
Love is constant. . . . FALSE.
The CHANGES are directly proportional 2luv fading.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by dayokanu(m): 3:24am On Jun 29, 2009
Love I think remains constant
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by No2Atheism(m): 5:17am On Jun 29, 2009
Love[i] does not change[/i]
Lust changes
Sexual attraction changes

Love does not fade
Lust fades
Sexual attraction fades

Hence why u love your father, mother, siblings even if though u not sexually attracted to them normally (for a normal family).
Hence why u love your wife even if she is starting to look like a cow that makes her unattractive sexually.
Hence why u love your husband even if he is starting to look like a slob that causes him to become unattractive sexually.

Contrary to popular opinion, you do not choose to love. The truth is that Love grows on you towards someone with time, hence why i find it annoying wen guys and ladies talk rubbish by saying they love each other or wen they say there is love at first sight. That is bullshit.

You can't love someone immediately.

Love takes time to grow.
Once love for the person develops it would always be there, even if u no longer attracted to them sexually.

It is sexual attraction and lust that fades if its not nurtured.

People let us understand that it is fundamentally wrong for us to say that love fades. This is because[i] a very good example is the love between a father and a child[/i]. It never fades irrespective of circumstances and issues. Hence why they say love coverth all sins (if it fades as people wrongly assume then it means the sins would one day become exposed). Hence why they say blood is thicker than water. This is because the fundamental love between the father towards the child and the child towards the father transcends issues of lust or attraction or circumstance.

A mother would still love her child even if such a child was convicted for murder. that is love

There is nothing like motherly love.
There is nothing like fatherly love.
There is nothing like Man and Wife love.

The love [/b]is basically the same in all cases , the only difference is how it is expressed (e.g. it is expressed in the form of sex between the man and the woman as a result of the presence of sexual attraction and lust, thus why u find that even though some old couples no longer have sex wtih each other yet they completely love each other, that simple shows u that though the sex and lust might have faded, yet the love still remains).

Hence in final submission,
[b]
TRUE LOVE DOES NOT FADE.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by platinumnk(f): 5:22am On Jun 29, 2009
Busy_body:

[b]
Choosing to love someone is a will, it either fades away and dies if not nurtured or intensifies and grows and blossoms and matures and evolves overtime into something stonger, so love that fades is not love to begin with.

After the initial thrill and excitement and euphoria and admiration and passion and romance has ran its course, it is true love that binds you together. True love is what allows you to set aside your own selfish interest, because the person you love is now laid bare and stripped away and it helps you accept your partner's flaws, weaknesses, shortcomings and habits and overlook the fact that they have gained weight,or that they snore or that they are going bald . . .

When you are truly in love, it should keep you safe and warm, be your comfort zone and a rock you can seek solace from or hide under, somewhere you can be yourself without being judged, where you can express yourself and expose yourself without any fear of repercussion.

Disclaimer:
The above does not apply to relationships where there is domestic violence or verbal abuse or being constantly put down, or cheated on continuously or undermined or oppressed etc
[/b]

u have spoken well. wink
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by biola44: 8:49am On Jun 29, 2009
dont think so!
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by iice(f): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2009
Choosing to love is not a popular opinion. Not controlling love and falling in love at the drop of a hat is a popular opinion.
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by tosyne007(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2009
my belief is that true love does not fade away come wat may.

When i say true love, i mean "bone of my bone" and "lesh of my flesh".

it renews itself and lasts as long as one is alive.

For real. smiley
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by inspiredm(m): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2009
iice:

Choosing to love is not a popular opinion.  Not controlling love and falling in love at the drop of a hat is a popular opinion.

Thanks for the voice of reason smiley

platinumnk:

u have spoken well.  wink

Sup you cool

No2Atheism:

Contrary to popular opinion, you do not choose to love. The truth is that Love grows on you towards someone with time, hence why i find it annoying wen guys and ladies talk rubbish by saying they love each other or wen they say there is love at first sight. That is bullshit.

Surely you have to choose to love someone before you accept them for a relationship, after which love starts to grow and blossom. You can''t just accept to love every Tom, D.ick and Harry that comes your way, you have to make a choice wink
Re: Does Love Realy Fades Away? by No2Atheism(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2009
inspired_m:

Thanks for the voice of reason smiley

Sup you cool

[b]Surely you have to choose to love someone before you accept them for a relationship, after which love starts to grow and blossom. You can''t just accept to love every Tom, D.ick and Harry that comes your way, you have to make a choice wink[/b]

No u do not have to choose, simply because you and nobody else can know whether or not u love the person. The best u have is sexual attraction at the start of the relationship.

- You might be confusing sexual attraction with love. They are not the same thing.

- That is the reason why it is false for anybody to claim love at first sight.

- The best that happens is lust or sexual attraction at first sight.

- Love takes time to develop, hence u can either end up loving someone u are sexually attracted to or end up not loving them. Hence the reason why most modern marriages break-up, cus there was sexual attraction in the beginning but they never developed love for each other over time. Thus wen the sexual attraction and lust started to fade, the relationship started to break-up.

- Love is one word that i always do my best to use with caution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Btw A Dark Skinned Guy And A Fair Skinned Guy, Which Is Sexier ( See Pix) / Happy Independence Day / "A Woman Isn't Supposed To Bring Anything To The Table" - American Man (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.