Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. (2855 Views)

Camry 2008-2009 Vs Corolla 2008-2009 / Elantra Vs Corolla / First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by Face12: 11:39am On Jan 27, 2016
OK...so now that I've saved up for my dream car(V6 2002 4runner), skeptic (general maintenance & fuel economy) may be too heavy on a 75k monthly salary.

For this reason ONLY, contemplating getting a "Toyota Corolla" instead, which appears to be more friendly in areas earlier mentioned.

I hear 4runner V6 engines got good fuel economy and low maintenance cost though...is this true?

I'm open to other suggestions and or recommendations, thanks guys smiley
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by DGD1(m): 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
please go for the corrola.

I've used that particular 4runner (sports edition), till today no major repair save servicing and minor suspension parts.
bt I still feel it's not right for you (if it's just 4 the effizy), but if the road to your house/work (where you ply offten) is bad, or you need to haul heavy/bulky stuffs then it's perfect

1 Like

Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by Face12: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
DGD1:
please go for the corrola.
I've used that particular 4runner (sports edition), till today no major repair save servicing and minor suspension parts.
bt I still feel it's not right for you (if it's just 4 the effizy), but if the road to your house/work (where you ply offten) is bad, or you need to haul heavy/bulky stuffs then it's perfect

My area is swampy(flooded) during raining season, and ( very sandy, dry season)...main reason I decided will opt for a car that suits the terrain when ready, please what's the fuel consumption like? (...say route is, island to mainland, daily basis) and petty repairs i.e. tyre replacement, servicing etc.

Fuel consumption & general maintenance is my major concern.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by DGD1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
Face12:

My area is swampy(flooded) during raining season, and ( very sandy, dry season)...main reason I decided will opt for a car that suits the terrain when ready, please what's the fuel consumption like? (...say route is, island to mainland, daily basis) and petty repairs i.e. tyre replacement, servicing etc.

the 4runner is suitable then.
the fuel consumption is Ok for a 2002 3.4L v6
the tyres would cost you @ 25k for one that's 100k minimum.
normal servicing.
just check your ball joints frequently, some have the complain but have not experienced it before.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by diportivo: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
Face12:

For these reasons,buy d corolla

If u dream about owning a v6 and fuel consumption is what u r concerned about,my brother,u neva ready o

The corolla go save fuel.....but during rainy season u myt not be able to drive it to ur compound after flood has taken over
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by Face12: 9:56am On Jan 29, 2016
diportivo:

For these reasons,buy d corolla
If u dream about owning a v6 and fuel consumption is what u r concerned about,my brother,u neva ready o
The corolla go save fuel.....but during rainy season u myt not be able to drive it to ur compound after flood has taken over

u can't eat ur cake & still have it ba? thanks guys! I go try ponder well... Well. smiley
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by SeyiJay(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
I quite agree with all you contributors. For starters, Corolla & 4Runner are two different worlds. Considering the OP's terrain where plies regularly, an SUV is advisable. But as he is also worried about fuel economy (which is not too bad in the 4runner), then look at another option of a compact SUV like the 1st or 2nd generation RAV4 or CRV (each with about 2.0L engine. [You might still eat ur cake and have it tho'!] My little take.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by Face12: 6:11am On Jan 30, 2016
@seyiJay... Just so am clear, does this imply 1 & 2 generation RAV4 is more fuel economical compared to a 4runner? RAV4 is also a v6 engine right?
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by laptopsale(m): 8:20am On Jan 31, 2016
Face12:
@seyiJay... Just so am clear, does this imply 1 & 2 generation RAV4 is more fuel economical compared to a 4runner? RAV4 is also a v6 engine right?
Certainly more fuel efficient than the 4runner.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by SeyiJay(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
laptopsale:
Certainly more fuel efficient than the 4runner.
The 1st & 2nd gen RAV4 both have a 2.0 L gasoline I4 (inline 4) engine configuration compared with the 4Runner's 3.0 - 3.4 L engine configs. You certainly will be better off fuel-economy-wise to consider the RAV (or Honda CRV). A premium variant of the 3rd gen [2005 - 2012) RAV4 comes with a V6 3.5 L engine size but I would not advise this unless you are ready to visit top Toyota maintenance outfits for your regular checks. The ubiquitous roadie will most likely kill your V6 unless you are extremely lucky to locate a trusted, honest and reliable one.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by SeyiJay(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
Face12:
The 1st & 2nd gen RAV4 both have a 2.0 L gasoline I4 (inline 4) engine configuration compared with the 4Runner's 3.0 - 3.4 L engine configs. You certainly will be better off fuel-economy-wise to consider the RAV (or Honda CRV). A premium variant of the 3rd gen [2005 - 2012) RAV4 comes with a V6 3.5 L engine size but I would not advise this unless you are ready to visit top Toyota maintenance outfits for your regular checks. The ubiquitous roadie will most likely kill your V6 unless you are extremely lucky to locate a trusted, honest and reliable one.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by pannyman(m): 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
@Op, you want to run a 4runner on a 75,000 naira salary. Hmm. Please think well oh.
Re: Toyota 4runner VS Corolla. by Face12: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
pannyman:
@Op, you want to run a 4runner on a 75,000 naira salary. Hmm. Please think well oh.

Not anymore smiley got a clearer picture of what I may b up against now... Lol, please house... any other v4 engine SUV aside rav4 and CRV? Is it safe to assume this category of SUV's will hv low general maintenance cost(e.g parts) just cos they run on a v4 engine?

(1) (Reply)

I Just Upraded My Cab Business (please Review) / Which Car Will Go First? / Need Help To Unlock My Stereo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.