Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta (28984 Views)

Large Crowd Welcome Buhari As He Arrive Aso Rock (Photos) / Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / Kaduna Residents Welcome Buhari(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by vivianblog(f): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2016
He said the Following:
I have arrived in Eldoret where my Deputy William and I will will be receiving Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari at the Eldoret International Airport this afternoon. The Nigerian President will be in the country for a 3-day State Visit. We will then proceed to the 9th Kenya Rifles, Moi Barracks, Eldoret where we will be joined by Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. The Somali President is already in the country after having been received by my Deputy earlier this morning. At Moi Barracks we will attend a special inter-denominational service to celebrate the lives of our gallant soldiers fallen in Somalia. Tomorrow we will hold private talks, before a bilateral meeting at State House, Nairobi. Kenya and Nigeria enjoy warm and cordial relations. Kenya and Nigeria concluded an Agreement for the establishment of a Joint Commission for Cooperation in July last year. The Agreement established a framework for enhancing Trade, Tourism, Education, Energy, Agriculture & Technical cooperation. In 2014 Kenya and Nigeria signed a Memorandum of Understanding on oil and gas matters. This MOU provided a platform for Kenya to learn from the Nigerian expertise and build capacity in oil exploration. Kenya and Nigeria have also established an active Joint Business Forum. This has expanded room for further engagement including an MOU launching the Kenya-Nigeria Agro-business Forum. Another MOU was signed between the Benue State Chamber & Kenya National Chamber of Commerce & Industry in January, 2015. Warm trade relations between Kenya and Nigeria have also enabled a number of Nigerian companies to set base in the country. These include GZ Industries, which has invested in a can-manufacturing facility in Kenya. The Dangote Group, which is in the process of setting up a cement factory in Kitui. Others include Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank of Africa and Eco-Bank. Business between Kenya & Nigeria has also enabled Kenya Airways to operate 6 flights to Lagos & 3 flights a to Abuja per week. These are the areas of cooperation that President Buhari’s visit to Kenya is expected to bolster.

https://twitter.com/PresidentKE/status/692288525669154816?lang=en

2 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by vivianblog(f): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2016

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by vivianblog(f): 11:54am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
smiley Nigeria finally has a leader whose reputation is respected globally

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by xpac01(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nice to be a president. Especially of a great nation like nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Realdeals(m): 12:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
vivianblog:
Tomorrow we will hold private talks, before a bilateral meeting at State House, Nairobi. Kenya and Nigeria enjoy warm and cordial relations. Kenya and Nigeria concluded an Agreement for the establishment of a Joint Commission for Cooperation in July last year. The Agreement established a framework for enhancing Trade, Tourism, Education, Energy, Agriculture & Technical cooperation. In 2014 Kenya and Nigeria signed a Memorandum of Understanding on oil and gas matters. This MOU provided a platform for Kenya to learn from the Nigerian expertise and build capacity in oil exploration. Kenya and Nigeria have also established an active Joint Business Forum. This has expanded room for further engagement including an MOU launching the Kenya-Nigeria Agro-business Forum. Another MOU was signed between the Benue State Chamber & Kenya National Chamber of Commerce & Industry in January, 2015. Warm trade relations between Kenya and Nigeria have also enabled a number of Nigerian companies to set base in the country. These include GZ Industries, which has invested in a can-manufacturing facility in Kenya. The Dangote Group, which is in the process of setting up a cement factory in Kitui. Others include Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank of Africa and Eco-Bank. Business between Kenya & Nigeria has also enabled Kenya Airways to operate 6 flights to Lagos & 3 flights a to Abuja per week. These are the areas of cooperation that President Buhari’s visit to Kenya is expected to bolster.

Despite all these, some people are still wailing

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nigeria's President is on the way....preparations in TOP GEAR grin

1. Nigeria's Ambassador testing the mics (maybe also packing his loads just in case)
2. Nigeria's flag in the Embassy would be a new one (dry-cleaned)
3. Hotels would have been taken over by high level security
4. Decisions on-board at the moment on next steps to fight Corruption, Economy and Security
5. Bi-lateral agreements prepared to ensure that Kenya is no-safe haven for criminals from Nigeria
6. President to declare Kenya as important ally in the war against insurgency
7. East -West geopolitics to assume a different dimension.

Sai Buhari

17 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
Two Dullards undecided

3 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by dollyjoy(f): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
At the end of the day,nothing will still change!!

7 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Emekamex(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
I hope Buhari doesn't disgrace us with his awkward accent because Kenyans are experts in banters and trolling.

12 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by chubhiee: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
Kenyans should troop out with placards and demand justice for the over 1000 souls Buhari massacred in zaria.

2 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Eboh4z: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
Always travelling.....

1 Like

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by kcynho(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
[size=15pt] MOST TRAVELLED PRESIDENT,2nd to None,Your PROTOCOL Officer must b d busiest man to assist a sitting President [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by drnairalov: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
buhari no be so!!! i dey fight everybody for my family if dem no vote for you!!! i dey disown my siblings if dem no want change but suddenly the only change i see is more pictures of u in plane and in other people countries.. makawhy?? embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Sijo01(f): 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Please welcome our ajala well o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by allanphash7(m): 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Stop hating and stand by buhari
himkers:
Two Dullards undecided

1 Like

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by pinkycute(f): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Interesting cheesy
Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by pinkycute(f): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
Same here though undecided

Eboh4z:
Always travelling.....

1 Like

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by melodyirish(m): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
Where is d evidence dat shows dat is been prepared for Buhari. Does it means is only Nigerian president dat is coming. I know Sheun is APC member

3 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by playcharles(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
mr koluption
Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by viktor01(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
HOW IS THIS ONE OF ANY USE TO THE ECONOMY?

2 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by harbeedaymee(f): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Why does president Uhuru's suit look un-ironed? No pressing iron? Why is the Daura President always visiting other presidents? What's wrong with them visiting him for a change? angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by mars123(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
himkers:
Two Dullards undecided
I'm very sure if you ever get a chance to be in a room with Buhari and Kenyatta you will prostrate on the floor and beg for alms...that's the level of disparity between you and the "two dullards".

14 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
drnairalov:
buhari no be so!!! i dey fight everybody for my family if dem no vote for you!!! i dey disown my siblings if dem no want change but suddenly the only change i see is more pictures of u in plane and in other people countries.. makawhy?? embarassed
Oh pulease

1 Like

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by PubLlcEnemy(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Now we have a President.

4 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by moscobabs(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
bad news for the wailers

3 Likes

Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Flat headsgrin
Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Matttthew(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
U must obey
Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Copee: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
q
drnairalov:
Re: Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta by Evyivy(f): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
undecided is it a "RED CARPET" event?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Intrigues Over Senate Presidency: Ndume, Ekweremadu, Adamu Eye Saraki’s Seat / PDP Members Drag Adeleke To Court For Presenting Fake Certificate For Election / Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.