Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) (27863 Views)

Ezeanochie Lilian, Female Cobbler: 'Joblessness Inspired Me To Be A Cobbler' / Blind Musa Who Works As A Cobbler In Jigawa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by rocoh(m): 7:21am On Jan 28, 2016
Dexema:
hi rocoh, I don't really have an idea of the cost, maybe we could find someone who can help or those who market such stuff online.

no problem, waiting....
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by babythug(f): 10:03am On Jan 28, 2016
Dexema:
hi rocoh, I don't really have an idea of the cost, maybe we could find someone who can help or those who market such stuff online.
i suspect they're sort of custom built. See if you can ask a welder and show pictures too. I'm in Lagos i'd have contacted a welder directly!
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Dexema(m): 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
http://www.wheelchairsfornigeria.org/
hi rocoh babythug MadCow1 kindly check the above link, this seems to be the answer and it's cheap as well. Kindly reply dexema

I was also thinking if the wheelchair will be one constructed by a welder, won't it be better to get it done in Abuja, we are going to need correspondence from nairalanders around that area, at least 3 of them to monitor things.

MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRNFreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u abythug
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
As promised, iliyande met with Sule Gurgu again on 27th January, 2016 at about 3:00pm to discuss way forward and what would be of help to his business.

This is what he told me:

1. That moving up and down in a cos of his business is so stressful:

2. That someone offered him a space to set up a stand for a start:

3. That he wish to purchase a filing machine for shoe making:

My suggestion is the tricycle if possible:

What is your suggestion?

TeHN

MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23
mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
FreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u abythug

I reside around Nyanya, Abuja. Nairalander residing around Nyanya-Maraba pm me.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by rocoh(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dexema:
hi rocoh babythug MadCow1 kindly check the above link, this seems to be the answer and it's cheap as well. Kindly reply dexema

I was also thinking if the wheelchair will be one constructed by a welder, won't it be better to get it done in Abuja, we are going to need correspondence from nairalanders around that area, at least 3 of them to monitor things.

Cool , I have gone through the website and I am impressed . It is 150 dollars for one which is 45600 using 304 as exchange rate, so what next
do we do. I am willing to contribute. @dexema
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Dexema(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
rocoh:

Cool , I have gone through the website and I am impressed . It is 150 dollars for one which is 45600 using 304 as exchange rate, so what next
do we do. I am willing to contribute.
lets get more replies from nairalanders who are interested then we should send a mail to the address stated on the website. my main concern is getting it down to abuja. and if we are to construct one thhen I suggest a meeting of well meaning nairalanders in abj to discuss and finalise the details. what dyu think?
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by rocoh(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dexema:

lets get more replies from nairalanders who are interested then we should send a mail to the address stated on the website. my main concern is getting it down to abuja. and if we are to construct one thhen I suggest a meeting of well meaning nairalanders in abj to discuss and finalise the details. what dyu think?

I prefer we get it from the experts no need of using welders who are not grounded in this , then its like charity to the Makers in Jos as well by patronizing them.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Dexema(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
rocoh:

I prefer we get it from the experts no need of using welders who are not grounded in this , then its like charity to the Makers in Jos as well by patronizing them.
Cool
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dexema:

MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRNFreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u abythug

@ Dexama; You are the Man.

150 Dollars is fine.

@ iliyande. Any updates? Would he be happy if we bought him this tricycle wheelchair and maybe some small tools for his cobbler trade?

Please update us accordingly so I can take this to the TeHN folks for the execution phase to begin. Thanks.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dexema:

Don't worry..

As soon as he confirms to us what assistance he would need, we can contact the wheelchair company directly, discuss the terms of delivery including shipping to Abuja via public transport and then find a recipient to pick it up for the dude.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
MadCow1:

@ Dexama; You are the Man.

150 Dollars is fine.

@ iliyande. Any updates? Would he be happy if we bought him this tricycle wheelchair and maybe some small tools for his cobbler trade?

Please update us accordingly so I can take this to the TeHN folks for the execution phase to begin. Thanks.

Yes Sir here is my discussion with him

iliyande:
As promised, iliyande met with Sule Gurgu again on 27th January, 2016 at about 3:00pm to discuss way forward and what would be of help to his business.
This is what he told me:
What is your suggestion?
TeHN
MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23
mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
FreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u abythug
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
iliyande:

This is what he told me:

What is your suggestion?

TeHN

So what he needs is a filing machine? or a filing Machine and a Tricycle Wheelchair or a normal wheelchair?

So far, we know that the average cost of the tricycle wheelchair from the manufacturers in Jos would be approximately 150 USD (appox 50'k Naira)..

Now a filing Machine is what I don't know the cost of and it would be nice if we could find that out so proper arrangements can be made for its purchase if at all.

ANYBODY who knows where to buy a filing machine and the cost should please help us out here. Let this matter not drag out too long. Thanks a bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Aminat508(f): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
MadCow1:

So what he needs is a filing machine? or a filing Machine and a Tricycle Wheelchair or a normal wheelchair?

So far, we know that the average cost of the tricycle wheelchair from the manufacturers in Jos would be approximately 150 USD (appox 50'k Naira)..

Now a filing Machine is what I don't know the cost of and it would be nice if we could find that out so proper arrangements can be made for its purchase if at all.

ANYBODY who knows where to buy a filing machine and the cost should please help us out here. Let this matter not drag out too long. Thanks a bunch.

CC: ymodulus

please help
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Arsenate(m): 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
MadCow1:

Koo
bro, you have been doing a great job. I've been busy. Pls if u guys arrive at anything just quote my moniker.
Thanks a lot
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by HaneefahRN(f): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
iliyande:

This is what he told me:

What is your suggestion?

TeHN

May God bless u for the kind gesture. Thanks for mentioning me. I dnt stay in Abj tho. Abt the price of filing machine, I cld help ask around from the shoe-makers around me at least to av a clue of the price range. The tricycle is also a very nice idea

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by thorpido(m): 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
MadCow1:

I think getting him both-the filing machine and tricycle wheelchair would be nice.I don't think the filing machine will cost much.

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
HaneefahRN:

May God bless u for the kind gesture. Thanks for mentioning me. I dnt stay in Abj tho. Abt the price of filing machine, I cld help ask around from the shoe-makers around me at least to av a clue of the price range. The tricycle is also a very nice idea

Please do and report back bro..

Price and where to buy it.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by mira4u: 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
iliyande:

This is what he told me:

What is your suggestion?

TeHN

When you are done with the findings let me know. @iliyande
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 29, 2016
I hereby pledge my support monetary wise. When all the details are ready,pls those incharge should mention me.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by ayobase(m): 2:46am On Jan 29, 2016
iliyande:

OK, I will

Were u able to find out,
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by allcomage: 4:13am On Jan 29, 2016
mira4u:

When you are done with the findings let me know. @iliyande

And me too.

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2016
allcomage:

And me too.
ayobase:

Were u able to find out,
Yomieluv:
I hereby pledge my support monetary wise. When all the details are ready,pls those incharge should mention me.
MadCow1:

Please do and report back bro..
Price and where to buy it.
mira4u:
So touching and inspiring. Would have loved to help too.
'Wish the lazy able bodied persons learn from this.
mira4u:

When you are done with the findings let me know.

TeHN MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23 mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN

I am through with my findings about the filing machine:

in addition to the tricycle wheelchair, the filing machine are of different categories ranging from 12K up to 15K
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by rocoh(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2016
iliyande:

in addition to the tricycle wheelchair, the filing machine are of different categories ranging from 12K up to 15K

No problem , just let me know how soon we can start contributing.

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by HaneefahRN(f): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
iliyande:

Weldone. I was told near the same thing, and also tht there are varying sizes

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Weldone. I was told near the same thing, and also tht there are varying sizes

Thanks.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good evening all, now that we've come to conclusion of what to help this young man with. Please how do we start?

CC: TeHN MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23 mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2016
iliyande:

Nice.

So you know where to buy the filing machine Abi?

I couldn't find a number on the wheelchair site so I sent them an email and I still have not gotten any response. How do we solve this issue?

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 10:46am On Jan 30, 2016
MadCow1:

Nice.

So you know where to buy the filing machine Abi?

I couldn't find a number on the wheelchair site so I sent them an email and I still have not gotten any response. How do we solve this issue?

Yes, I am waiting for your response. Let's start something so as to let others know where and how to contribute to, please
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 10:47am On Jan 30, 2016
iliyande:

Yes, I am waiting for your response. Let's start something so as to let others know where and how to contribute to, please

Wait.. I just got a response from the wheelchair company. Lemme call them.

By next week, we will close out this issue bro.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2016
MadCow1:

Thanks for your time.

Thanks sir. Hoping to hear from you
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by PresVA: 11:03am On Jan 30, 2016
MadCow1:

Thanks for your time.
Hi, can you handle the purchase singlehandedly?
Asides the wheelchair, what about the support for his business?

Let us know so that we can also support. .. cheers. .

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 11:10am On Jan 30, 2016
UPDATE:: I just Got off the phone with a Mr. Ayuba from the Wheelchair company.

The wheelchair comes in three categories;

Small: NGN 18,000

Medium: NGN 20,000

And

Large: NGN 22,000

I also spoke to him regarding sending it to Abuja for us after purchase and he said it's possible. We will wrap up negotiations and arrangements on Monday.

So basically, the cost of the items we shall be purchasing for that young man will be 22,000 + 15,000 = 37,000.

I say we work towards making the total cost 50'k with the extra money handed over to the guy to purchase some additional working tools he may require.

Iliyande:: Please verify to us again that you know where to purchase the Grinding machine if you have the money to hand.

At everybody else who has shown an interest in this case, next week, we shall start making these contributions and purchases. I am still thinking of how to manage the contributions as I do not want to handle anybody's money. I will finalize with the wheelchair company, pay directly to them and have them ship it to Abuja for Mr. Iliyande to pick up and deliver.

TeHN, your help is now needed o.. Any advice?

Thanks to everybody for their interest in making a real difference in the world. God bless you all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Renames N-Power To Renewed Hope Job Creation Programme (RHJCP) / FG Sacks 2,525 N-power Beneficiaries, Warns Against Acts Of Indiscipline, Others / First-class Can Sometimes Be Frustrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.