Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) (27861 Views)

Ezeanochie Lilian, Female Cobbler: 'Joblessness Inspired Me To Be A Cobbler' / Blind Musa Who Works As A Cobbler In Jigawa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2016
PresVA:
Hi, can you handle the purchase singlehandedly?
Asides the wheelchair, what about the support for his business?

Let us know so that we can also support. .. cheers. .

Yes Sir I can. The total cost is even way under my anticipated budget for this cause.

Support for his business was the Grinding machine. We sent the OP to ask the man directly how we could be of assistance and he asked for the grinding machine and to aid with mobility for him.

Everyone is invited to support, I just don't know how we will manage contributions. We need a known, trusted and verified Nairalander or TeHN to assist with managing contributions.

3 Likes

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by PresVA: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
MadCow1:

Yes Sir I can. The total cost is even way under my anticipated budget for this cause.

Support for his business was the Grinding machine. We sent the OP to ask the man directly how we could be of assistance and he asked for the grinding machine and to aid with mobility for him.

Everyone is invited to support, I just don't know how we will manage contributions. We need a known, trusted and verified Nairalander or TeHN to assist with managing contributions.
Chaiii, may God bless you and replenish your pocket.... I also love your swift and active approach. .

How do we go about making our own lil donations in order to support madcow? Wish tehn can step in..
Cc:
TeHN, kunle75, tomiwa6501, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23 mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
FreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u babythug
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by kunle75(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
PresVA:
Chaiii, may God bless you and replenish your pocket.... I also love your swift and active approach. .

How do we go about making our own lil donations in order to support madcow? Wish tehn can step in..
Cc:
TeHN, kunle75, tomiwa6501, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23 mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
FreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u babythug

Please let us know how and who are coordinating this and sure we are donating to the right source.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, am willing to give my own token
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by thorpido(m): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
MadCow1:
UPDATE:: I just Got off the phone with a Mr. Ayuba from the Wheelchair company.

The wheelchair comes in three categories;

Small: NGN 18,000

Medium: NGN 20,000

And

Large: NGN 22,000

I also spoke to him regarding sending it to Abuja for us after purchase and he said it's possible. We will wrap up negotiations and arrangements on Monday.

So basically, the cost of the items we shall be purchasing for that young man will be 22,000 + 15,000 = 37,000.

I say we work towards making the total cost 50'k with the extra money handed over to the guy to purchase some additional working tools he may require.

Iliyande:: Please verify to us again that you know where to purchase the Grinding machine if you have the money to hand.

At everybody else who has shown an interest in this case, next week, we shall start making these contributions and purchases. I am still thinking of how to manage the contributions as I do not want to handle anybody's money. I will finalize with the wheelchair company, pay directly to them and have them ship it to Abuja for Mr. Iliyande to pick up and deliver.

TeHN, your help is now needed o.. Any advice?

Thanks to everybody for their interest in making a real difference in the world. God bless you all.
TeHN will be in d best position to receive the contributions.I hope they accept to.

Do you want to single-handedly purchase the wheelchair?That would be nice so others can make up for the balance.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by ANBAKO: 12:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Personally, I will suggest all money goes to Iliyande if possible. He started this and he is also the right person to wrap it up.

What does the house think about this? Time is key here. Between now and next week we should be able to close this out.

I therefore open the floor for Iliyande to share his account details if he accept to take on this.

All we are gunning for here is 50k

cc MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23,
mistarsam, Aminat508, aminho, uscofield, HateU2, babadem2much, doublecheif, fuke, Yomieluv, vicraven, HaneefahRN,
FreeWorld23, allcomage, ANBAKO, thorpido, babamajor, Maogunners, gozi542, rocoh, mira4u, abythug

Do good for good to come your way!!!
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by vicraven(m): 10:03am On Feb 01, 2016
patiently waiting
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Dexema(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
ANBAKO:
Personally, I will suggest all money goes to Iliyande if possible. He started this and he is also the right person to wrap it up.

What does the house think about this? Time is key here. Between now and next week we should be able to close this out.

I therefore open the floor for Iliyande to share his account details if he accept to take on this.

All we are gunning for here is 50k

cc MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23,
mistarsam, Aminat508, aminho, uscofield, HateU2, babadem2much, doublecheif, fuke, Yomieluv, vicraven, HaneefahRN,
FreeWorld23, allcomage, ANBAKO, thorpido, babamajor, Maogunners, gozi542, rocoh, mira4u, abythug

Do good for good to come your way!!!
please let us come to an amicable conclusion and arrangement for this guy, with the number of people showing interest we may only need little money to get him the wheelchair or/and filing machine. God bless y'all.
cc MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousvivdexemajaybee3, r321, Agarawu23,mistarsam, Aminat508, aminho, uscofield, HateU2,babadem2much, doublecheif, fuke, Yomieluv, vicraven, HaneefahRN,FreeWorld23, allcomage, ANBAKO, thorpido, babamajor, Maogunners, gozi542, rocoh, mira4u, abythug
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Dexema(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
MadCow1:
UPDATE:: I just Got off the phone with a Mr. Ayuba from the Wheelchair company.

The wheelchair comes in three categories;

Small: NGN 18,000

Medium: NGN 20,000

And

Large: NGN 22,000

I also spoke to him regarding sending it to Abuja for us after purchase and he said it's possible. We will wrap up negotiations and arrangements on Monday.

So basically, the cost of the items we shall be purchasing for that young man will be 22,000 + 15,000 = 37,000.

I say we work towards making the total cost 50'k with the extra money handed over to the guy to purchase some additional working tools he may require.

Iliyande:: Please verify to us again that you know where to purchase the Grinding machine if you have the money to hand.

At everybody else who has shown an interest in this case, next week, we shall start making these contributions and purchases. I am still thinking of how to manage the contributions as I do not want to handle anybody's money. I will finalize with the wheelchair company, pay directly to them and have them ship it to Abuja for Mr. Iliyande to pick up and deliver.

TeHN, your help is now needed o.. Any advice?

Thanks to everybody for their interest in making a real difference in the world. God bless you all.
I really appreciate your efforts in going a step further to contact the jos wheelchair guys... you are 2 gbasky, please we need tehn 's help with handling the funds. I hope we can wrap up this stuff before valentines day. grin

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
Iliyande.. Please PM me. I need to get your full name and other details for the wheelchair to be sent to Abuja for you to pick up. I sha Allah, by tomorrow evening, Thursday at the latest, the wheelchair would be in transit from Jos to Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Iliyande.. Please PM me. I need to get your full name and other details for the wheelchair to be sent to Abuja for you to pick up. I sha Allah, by tomorrow evening, Thursday at the latest, the wheelchair would be in transit from Jos to Abuja.

Check your mail sir
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
iliyande:

Check your mail sir

You've got mail
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by allcomage: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2016
I have been out of my base and I just pop in to see what has been happening, I really appreciate all the efforts you guys are making. I still stand by my pledge. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
If mentioned,it doesnt appear on my timeline.
Whats the latest now,how do we pay,and to whose acct,and how soon?
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by babamajor: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
How far av u gone wit d isue nd i cant see any acct numba

CC: TeHN MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23 mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
FreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u abythug[/quote]
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
babamajor:
How far av u gone wit d isue nd i cant see any acct numba

CC: TeHN MadCow1, kunle75, tomiwa6501, PresVA, Arsenate vivaciousviv Dexema jaybee3, r321, Agarawu23 mistarsam Aminat508 aminho uscofield HateU2 babadem2much doublecheif fuke Yomieluv vicraven HaneefahRN
FreeWorld23, allcomage ANBAKO thorpido babamajor Maogunners gozi542 rocoh mira4u abythug

Tricycle wheelchair purchased by MadCow1 received in abuja today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ilya.. Thanks for your time and hope you are feeling better now.

Phase 1 is done.

Now to purchase the Grinder.

Do you know where to buy the Grinder? If yes, then please let us know so arrangements can be made on that as well.

Thanks again for everything bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
allcomage:
I have been out of my base and I just pop in to see what has been happening, I really appreciate all the efforts you guys are making. I still stand by my pledge. God bless you all.

Bro.. You are up.

Let's work on phase 2. The Grinder.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by Aminat508(f): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nice one Iliyande and MadCow1. May God Almighty Bless you angry
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:
Ilya.. Thanks for your time and hope you are feeling better now.

Phase 1 is done.

Now to purchase the Grinder.

Do you know where to buy the Grinder? If yes, then please let us know so arrangements can be made on that as well.

Thanks again for everything bro.

All thanks goes to you too.

Concerning the grinder, it is easy to get here.
Yes, I can get it. Let's arrange how to go ahead with the contribution. THANKS
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
iliyande:

All thanks goes to you too.

Concerning the grinder, it is easy to get here.
Yes, I can get it. Let's arrange how to go ahead with the contribution. THANKS

Ok..

Lets do that.

I wonder if we need to buy him an iPassMyNeighbour gen for the grinder.. #JustThinking

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Ok..

Lets do that.

I wonder if we need to buy him an iPassMyNeighbour gen for the grinder.. #JustThinking

I'm in the opinion that a thread should be opened with this effort so far. Just a suggestion.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
iliyande:

I'm in the opinion that a thread should be opened with this effort so far. Just a suggestion.

I don't think we need to go outside this thread. We can handle this between us here.

Someone already committed to giving 20k for this cause. That can handle the grinder easily. Depending on what other support we get, we can decide on the final phase.
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

I don't think we need to go outside this thread. We can handle this between us here.

Someone already committed to giving 20k for this cause. That can handle the grinder easily. Depending on what other support we get, we can decide on the final phase.

All correct sir
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by allcomage: 6:01am On Feb 09, 2016
MadCow1:

How do I send my own pledge please?
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
allcomage:

How do I send my own pledge please?

I will ask IlyaAnde again..

Mr. Ilya, If you get the money for the Grinder, do you affirm that you can make the purchase within 48hrs?

If yes..

Mr. Allcomage: Please you can proceed to get in touch with Mr. Ilya privately and send him the money to purchase the grinder which I believe he said would cost 15'k.

Mr. Ilya, if and when you go to purchase the Grinder, enquire if an iPassMyNeighbour Generator can power it. If yes, then find out the cost of the generator and lets know. I believe the Wheelchair was the toughest buy as it had to come from Jos, but if we all expedite action on this matter, we can close out by weekend and hand over the items to the Man.

Thanks.

TeHN seems to be preoccupied at the moment and we cant afford to stall on this matter anymore. The wheelchair is on ground, lets tighten the loose ends and close out this matter.

Outside of the Wheelchair, the grinder and the generator, any other money would go towards physical cash to help the man along.

Thanks to all again.

MadCow.

2 Likes

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
MadCow1:

Mr. Ilya, If you get the money for the Grinder, do you affirm that you can make the purchase within 48hrs?

If yes..

Mr. Allcomage: Please you can proceed to get in touch with Mr. Ilya privately and send him the money to purchase the grinder which I believe he said would cost 15'k.

Mr. Ilya, if and when you go to purchase the Grinder, enquire if an iPassMyNeighbour Generator can power it. If yes, then find out the cost of the generator and lets know. I believe the Wheelchair was the toughest buy as it had to come from Jos, but if we all expedite action on this matter, we can close out by weekend and hand over the items to the Man.

Thanks.

TeHN seems to be preoccupied at the moment and we cant afford to stall on this matter anymore. The wheelchair is on ground, lets tighten the loose ends and close out this matter.

Outside of the Wheelchair, the grinder and the generator, any other money would go towards physical cash to help the man along.

Thanks to all again.

MadCow.

As discussed on phone sir
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by MadCow1: 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
I see there is no action on the filing machine.. sad

How sad.

I will be unavailable for a few weeks but when I return at the end of the month, if there is still no action on that, we would have to go to plan B.

Iliyande, please send a PM to Allcomage and brief me on the feedback please. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by ayobase(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2016
iliyande:

I am through with my findings about the filing machine:

in addition to the tricycle wheelchair, the filing machine are of different categories ranging from 12K up to 15K

You have gotten a PM.

God bless you
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by ayobase(m): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2016
MadCow1:

If yes..

Thanks.

Thanks to all again.

MadCow.

God bless Madcow.

this ur name sef!
Re: Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos) by iliyande(m): 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
ayobase:

You have gotten a PM.

God bless you

Responded sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Renames N-Power To Renewed Hope Job Creation Programme (RHJCP) / FG Sacks 2,525 N-power Beneficiaries, Warns Against Acts Of Indiscipline, Others / First-class Can Sometimes Be Frustrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.