Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) (37792 Views)

Speeding Range Rover Driver Kills Man, Injures Another In Imo. Graphic Photos / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Heavy Rainfall Kills Man In Ado Ekiti Yesterday (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by sabre(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
Very sad event but what was d guy doing on the brt lane.
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by Larryfest(m): 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
God av mercy on us all
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by Wadasco(m): 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by judedwriter(m): 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
Too many wasted lives in nigeria sad
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by IME1: 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
had a nasty experience by Ojota with BRT.
memories still hurt but all glory to God alone for saving me.
it was like a dream. i crossed to enter BRT line and the same BRT pressed me to the railings of their busstop, everyone was happy to see me alive. but i was scared and in pain for weeks ok days. for a long time i my body had the black marks of the railings. the driver was wicked but i forgive him. funny thing is that the incident gave me direct seat in the bus. the other BRT officials who saw what happened took me through the crowd of those lining up and ushered me into the bus. i sang Don Moen's "You are the Lord that healeth me..."
resp in peace to the dead, lesson to the living, mercy for the driver.

2 Likes

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by bigpastor(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
O ma see ooo
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by Louiscutedude(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
may his soul rip
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by niceeric(m): 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
ceejay80s:

All trucks brt buses and molue ont have break pedals installed in those vehicles, I observed that they don't step on breaks.
Trucks and brt buses have only clutch and throttle
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......you never heard of air brakes....some big rigs even got servos!
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by CioAngels(f): 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
Monday 25th it happened another one again same spot same brt. How sad. Lagos state belongs to oba akiolu, kabiyesi, you understand me. Ka-bi-ye-sioo.
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by ceejay80s(m): 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
niceeric:

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......you never heard of air brakes....some big rigs even got servos!
Then why is it that they kill all the time
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by niceeric(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
ceejay80s:

Then why is it that they kill all the time
the drivers are just most times intentionally wicked....i kinda understand though, I was opportune to drive a friends Tundra(which even isn't a trailer or a mass transit bus), I know the way I felt seeing cars like toys below me,people crossing looked quite insignificant...guess it's the kinda feeling that multiplies when big rug drivers hit the wheels.

plus BRT drivers were ill informed that they av the right to crush anything obstructing their lanes, they've lived to do that ever since....and unless there's a speed limit on all brt lanes, those fools won't know the lanes are actually just in the busiest city in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by boladez(m): 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
I agree some BRT drivers are reckless...unfortunately a larger number of pedestrians are too dumb to walk the streets.

It takes two to tango
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by grandstar(m): 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
Thr distamce between the wall and BRT lane is too small.
I also suspect man was careless.
What a shame
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by vault(m): 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
life
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by miki70: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
iwuemma:
Was on the Bus waiting for the bus to fill up, at CMS under bridge going to APAPA, all of a sudden , I started hearing loud noises , cries and screams..

I was shocked and kept wondering what has happened.
All gaze shifted to a particular part of the road..

I was curious !

What happened ? I inquired.
I was told A Lamata BRT bus just crushed a young man on the BRT lane.

Ha !

What!

I crossed over to that area, what I saw twisted my mood, I looked at how a human being was lying lifeless.

I was just shaking..

Started reflecting on how empty this world is, and how powerless we are.

I heard that Same BRT type Killed someone on Monday 25 2016. Same spot , same BRT lane.

The blood stains are still there.

I was shocked..!

Now this is for Lagos State Government.

I appeal to Lagos state Government to Conduct a Seminar for All BRT drivers in Lagos State,
Educating them on Safety , Speed, Tolerance and Patience.

Furthermore, I appeal they put speed bumps on every BRT lanes, all over Lagos, especially places close to bus stops and crowds.

Please and Please.
Thank you.

Written By Iwuchukwu Emmanuel.
© 2016.

Graphics Pictures below:
Images taken by me.
Rip to the dead. But this is a dedicated Lane and u don't expect brt bus to be speeding people need to be educated on this brt Lane
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by iwuemma(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
Yes I was in shock.

I had to gather courage to take the pictures.

I took the pictures so we all can see it and also help in appealing to the government to do something urgent..

Thank you.
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by phreakabit(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Even though he was crushed in the "BRT lane", something has to be done to sensitize these reckless BRT drivers.
I dare say, these guys are worse than danfo drivers.

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
May Almighty God be with us always

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by streetzdreamz(m): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
niceeric:

the drivers are just most times intentionally wicked....i kinda understand though, I was opportune to drive a friends Tundra(which even isn't a trailer or a mass transit bus), I know the way I felt seeing cars like toys below me,people crossing looked quite insignificant...guess it's the kinda feeling that multiplies when big rug drivers hit the wheels.

plus BRT drivers were ill informed that they av the right to crush anything obstructing their lanes, they've lived to do that ever since....and unless there's a speed limit on all brt lanes, those fools won't know the lanes are actually just in the busiest city in Nigeria

yea right,the bulk of the blame goes to the drivers, always thought this vehicles had no functioning brake systems until I studied one,though its a bit difficult stopping this vehicles atimes cuz of their mass,load and speed,but the brake system always seems perfect except in cases of brake failures,a look at the pics suggests that the driver applied the brakes a bit too late, cuz the distance BTW the dead man and the bus is quite small,but I thought this portion of the road is designated for just brt buses,crossing it shouldn't be a problem,death is sometimes unavoidable though, rip to the man.
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by Missmossy(f): 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
Jeez!!

This is so tragic embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by kachnov(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Crossing Lagos roads demands even special attention when crossing the BRT lane stretch as most times people tend to "rest" when they get to the BRT lane due to it's size,oblivious of the extra rush of traffic on it.

R.ip to the man.
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by niceeric(m): 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
streetzdreamz:
yea right,the bulk of the blame goes to the drivers, always thought this vehicles had no functioning brake systems until I studied one,though its a bit difficult stopping this vehicles atimes cuz of their mass,load and speed,but the brake system always seems perfect except in cases of brake failures,a look at the pics suggests that the driver applied the brakes a bit too late, cuz the distance BTW the dead man and the bus is quite small,but I thought this portion of the road is designated for just brt buses,crossing it shouldn't be a problem,death is sometimes unavoidable though, rip to the man.
Bro,if you see the way those BRT buses move around that side,youll b surprised..and the funny thing about brakes is they can only limit speed till it's low enough to allow the vehicle come to a complete halt....those guys run too much to brake completely in times of emergency

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by infogenius(m): 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
Op fear catch you that you could not take a closer shot.
I second you on the suggestions you made

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by stainlex(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:
Moral Lesson: Before you cross the road, look left, right and left again before crossing.

Where there is a Pedestrian bridge, please use it. Motor no fit jam you on top there.

Never take unnecessary risks when crossing the road. Risks like that would require you to run. Running increases your risk of falling.

Ignore the Zebra Crossing.. 95% of Nigerian Drivers do not yield at the Zebra Crossing.

R.I.P Young Man.. It's all good now, you are out of the hood now.

They be like, "are you a zebra?" grin
You made sense jooor!!!
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by tottinova: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Don't always blame it on the drivers, most pedestrians can be careless. The act like the road was meant for them and just jump in without making sure the zone is clear.

I drive and I've noticed that we drivers are not always at fault.

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
That fence is too close to the BRT lane, i blame the state government for this. They should talk to the military to see what they can do about it

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by calabardick(m): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
niceeric:

majority of lagosians are foolish and sensless, how on earth can one enters a BRT lane and walk comfortably?

Don't blame the bus man for this incidence because you were not there. i use BRT everyday, some humans on lagos street are sensless. you need to go to mile 12 and see how some dirty kaftan wearing animals run on the BRT lane, even when the buses are there, it is a disgusting sight.

they will see the bus coming, instead of you to wait for it to pass before you cross, you will see them rushing in, they think BRT can break like other smaller vehicles, no it can't, it needs long distance to stop, the breaking system is air and hydraulic, it's an articulated vehicle, it very heavy.

i fear BRT lanes than railway, i don't encourage anyone to use that lane, it's a shortcut to hell.

keep off from BRT lanes please, to avoid more casualties, there are warning signs everywhere saying "THIS IS BRT LANE, DON'T ENTER" so Mr. Judge who do you blame?

any sensible person should know it's not the busman's fault. according to the picture, he was not overspeeding, the distance between the bus and the corpse is too close.

1 Like

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by niceeric(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
calabardick:

majority of lagosians are foolish and sensless, how on earth can one enters a BRT lane and walk comfortably?

Don't blame the bus man for this incidence because you were not there. i use BRT everyday, some humans on lagos street are sensless. you need to go to mile 12 & see how some dirty kaftan wearing animals run on the BR TRY lane when the buses are there, it is a disgusting sight.

they will see the bus coming, instead of you to wait for it to pass before you cross, you will see them rushing in, they think BRT can break like other smaller vehicles, no it can't, it needs long distance to stop, the breaking system is air and hydraulic, it's an articulated vehicle, it very heavy.

i fear BRT lanes than railway, i don't encourage anyone to use that lane, it's a shortcut to hell.

keep off from BRT lanes please, there are warning signs everywhere saying "THIS IS BRT LANE, DON'T ENTER"
av you ever seen anyone wander on a brt lane knowing fully well a bus is on his tow?

try schooling an engineer on how the brakes work lol...

finally, if you know how to drive which I seriously doubt, youll know that you must always give thought about emergencies that could cause you to apply a sudden break that is why you need to limit speed in a populated part of town....if you know that side where the accident happened, youll know how populated it is...
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by calabardick(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
niceeric:

av you ever seen anyone wander on a brt lane knowing fully well a bus is on his tow?

try schooling an engineer on how the brakes work lol...

finally, if you know how to drive which I seriously doubt, youll know that you must always give thought about emergencies that could cause you to apply a sudden break that is why you need to limit speed in a populated part of town....if you know that side where the accident happened, youll know how populated it is...
take a look at that picture, if the busman was speeding the bus wouldn't be that close,

Mr. Engineer Driver, no matter how congested the erea is, will you dare a railway? even when it passes in the busy market.
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by niceeric(m): 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
calabardick:

take a look at that picture, if the busman was speeding the bus wouldn't be that close,

Mr. Engineer Driver, no matter how congested the erea is, will you dare a railway? even when it passes in the busy market.

is a train with its mechanics anyway comparable with a bus?.....is a railway track constructed in the middle of the road...and about the bus, it uses a servo that brakes the vehicle efficiently....it isn't same as a trailer's brakes

me I don tire to dey explain things like this... refer to a road safety manual and a braking system manual for cars,buses,mini buses,trucks,trains
Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by calabardick(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
niceeric:

is a train with its mechanics anyway comparable with a bus?.....is a railway track constructed in the middle of the road...and about the bus, it uses a servo that brakes the vehicle efficiently....it isn't same as a trailer's brakes

me I don tire to dey explain things like this... refer to a road safety manual and a braking system manual for cars,buses,mini buses,trucks,trains

bros relax for this matter, I understand that particular bus more than you can imagine

Re: Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) by absoluteSuccess: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
so pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diffrence Between Aje Butter And Aje Kpako / LASEMA Rescues Woman Trapped In Mud Under Third Mainland Bridge / Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.