Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? (605 Views)

Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” / Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Tradition a curse of a Blessing?

A friend of mine in the diaspora just came back from Nigeria and told me he’s in a deep shit.
He traveled home at approximately a year and nine months ago to pay the bride price of his then fiancee who waited for him for about 5 years. After that my guy came back to hustle for white wedding since the girl in question and her family are Assemblies of God strong members and the Pastor in the local church insisted they do white wedding before they start living together. While in the village my guy told me he’ll not touch nor taste the honey pot until after marriage, don’t get me wrong they guy dey poke wella over here ooo!!!.
My guy always calls her after the traditional stuffs and send her money even sends money to her mum, pays her school fees because the girl dey Uni and it’s his so called responsibility since he has paid the bride price and the title of wife placed upon her head. Late last year his pastor told him The Spirit of God said he should ask him: This question;
Pastor: Brother !!! are you sure the girl you paid her bride price is your wife? “
Brother: Emmm!! Pastor I sure, Na ma wife…. Even if she no be ma wife I’ll still go on, no be me go lose after all ma investment on her and her family ( 4 him mind) but my guy was hell bent on marrying this girl because she fine and na “Virgin”.
Fast forward to his recent visit to home sweet home to fulfil all righteousness and eat the forbidden fruit after so many years of waiting and paying $$$$$
My guy arrived home took his parents to the girl’s house to complete payment and fix date for church wedding only for the girl to tell him she’s sorry the right to first taste has been given to another guy. My guy got so annoyed but the family begged him to forgive her. Now my guy is willing to forgive her but according to their village tradition they girl must offer sacrifices to appease the land for committing adultery and my guy said he is not ready to build a family on a foundation of adultery and idolatry.

this same guy cannot stay one week without puny over here even if he wants to babes not go let am ( Na fine boy) joke apart na very fine boy.lol he understands and will want to forgive her but his village tradition ,Family, Umunna and local gods demand cleansing for the lady or eals all hell will be let loosed. Village god’s will turn SPARTACUS for him life ……lol …
Re: Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? by tpiaobsession: 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
i dont understand your post but tradition can be a curse or blessing depending for you depending on your understanding of it.
Re: Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
He wants to forgive his wife but not willing to offer scarifies to pacify the land. Bowing down to other god's is worse than adultery...and a CAPITAL NO....
Re: Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? by tpiaobsession: 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
bowing down to strange gods and adultery are both sins.

but for adultery, this is a crime committed by almost every Nigerian, except for those who are disciplined.

So, why would only one person be singled out for what everyone is doing, since when did adultery become a rare word in Nigeria?
Re: Tradition A Curse Or A Blessing?????? by phonematter: 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
how are you, tpiaobsession?

i like you a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Rocked Hausa Quarters Community, Kara In Anambra State / Controversy: Christians Commit More Wicked Crimes Than Terrorist – Sultan / Emir Sanusi To Ban Poor Kano Men From Marrying More Than One Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.