Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail (66115 Views)

EFCC Arrests 4 Lagos Yahoo Boys With Charms And Exotic Cars (Photos) / Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Years In Jail For N7.8m Love Scam / Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by ckmayoca: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
Malaysia-based popular Lagos Yahoo boy, Hope Olusegun Aroke, popularly called H-Money and referred to as “Oracle to gba ise wole,”has been sentenced to 24 years imprisonment by Justice Lateefa Okunnu of the Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja, for his involvement in an internet scam that fetched him N25million.

The major song which set the tone for this abnormal norm was rapper, Reminisce’s 2012 hit “2 Mush” where he praise-sang his’waya waya’ fans hailing him…”H Money Honorable to’n gbe ise wole.”

The 25-year old is an undergraduate of Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University, Malaysia. He was arraigned by EFCC on a two-count charge bordering on obtaining money by false pretence, cheque cloning, wire transfer and forgery. The court found him guilty of the two charges and sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment on each of the two counts.

Trouble came for Aroke when an anonymous petitioner wrote to the EFCC alleging that the Kogi-born undergraduate was involved in online fraudulent activities. The EFCC investigated the internet dealings of Aroke.

Investigations showed that he was involved in several romance scam that fetched him N25million. Hope admitted sending the money to Nigeria through a person identified as Angela, who later helped him deposit in a bank.

He was arrested at the 1004 estate, Lagos Island and 2 Benz cars valued at N23 million were recovered from him. Last week, Justice Okunnu ruled that the sentence should run concurrently.

Meanwhile, Hope has two other matters yet undecided before Justice B. Idris of the Federal High Court Lagos.

https://marapolsa.com/popular-lagos-yahoo-boy-h-money-sentenced-to-24-years-in-jail-photo/

1 Like

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by madridguy(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
Serve him right......maybe he will learn to lay low next time..... Doing illegal business and still pronouncing it as if its a thing of pride.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by dulux07(m): 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
Everyday 4 d thief, 1 day for d owner. "Oracle to gba ise wo kirikiri"

13 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by babyfaceafrica: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
Yahoo plus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
good for him.
upon all the riches, he's still looking lyk a meruwa undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nawa for some peeps from a particular region of this country..

9 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by DrinkWater10: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Lytech(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
If this real hustler could be sentence to 24years in jail for 25million naira scam..
How many years will dasuki use in that same jail?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hope really f up, why can't he just laylow

3 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by ta4ba3(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
Meanwhile tinubu saraki and d rest who milked d country hard are free men

11 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by princemillla(m): 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
He will be out at age 49 smh!

1 Like

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

2 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by hedonistic: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
The judgment is not a fait accompli. Of course he will appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court. By the time he exhausts his legal options and right of appeal , the case would have gone cold.

Personally, I have no immediate interest in seeing him imprisoned. Afterall he is not a threat to the peace, security, and wellbeing of the Nigerian public.

Let's face priorities.

19 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Slikbae: 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
oooo
Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Sammyashol(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
In wizkid's voice (Bi isu eni ba de le, afowo boje ni). He is the architect of his misfortune. Opa six go don run commot I trust that one

3 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Saw this guy the other day at Quilox,making it rain..chai,this life..,everybody knows him on the island.. A really big boy tho..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
princemillla:
He will be out at age 49 smh!
Lolz... U have no idea how jail term works... He's to run d 24years Concurrently...Meaning it's 12years... Also, in a correctional facility/Prison, a day is 12hrs only...Meaning 24hrs is TWO days... Meaning dat he wil spend 6years in Incarceration...That's if he doesn't buy his way Out...

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by porrigeyam(m): 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Fools this not H money o....awon weyrey

2 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by summerflame(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
have u been to jail and prison before?

2 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by BeClever: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
A certain tribe from a certain part of this country has decided that 419 and money rituals are the only thing their youths must do to survive.

But it's all good at least they have something doing.

Please, Hope Olusegun, greet Citizen Nnamdi Kanu in prison.. While you await your spoke in the axs type of execution ask him to pray for you.. We had he is very spiritual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by wizard007(m): 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
I'm sure 25 million was the deal that busted this guy, he must have ran something way bigger in the past, it's a sad one tho, the real looters are still walking freely and making laws

9 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by leoblaze(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
Life goes on .... Struggle continues ....
Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by CertifiedFreak(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
Doubt if that was the scam that landed this dude in hot sh*t. Dude is way more expensive than a shitty 25M

4 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by princemillla(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
olatunji21:

Lolz... U have no idea how jail term works... He's to run d 24years Concurrently...Meaning it's 12years... Also, in a correctional facility/Prison, a day is 12hrs only...Meaning 24hrs is TWO days... Meaning dat he wil spend 6years in Incarceration...That's if he doesn't buy his way Out...

Really! As never come across this info before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by ikechu1278: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
BeClever:
A certain tribe from a certain part of this country has decided that 419 and money rituals are the only thing their youths must do to survive.

But it's all good at least they have something doing.

Please, Hope Olusegun, greet Citizen Nnamdi Kanu in prison.. While you await your spoke in the axs type of execution ask him to pray for you.. We had he is very spiritual.

That's the only thing they know how to do. Come to US, if you meet a Yoruba that's not a 419, call me a fool. I went to a Yoruba restaurant 5 months ago thinking at least they legit business....only to find out few months later that those people were taking money out of my debit card Evey fucking week. Every week they were taking money for 5 months straight. Those people are disgusting m never trust them with your money, they'll scam you out of every penny you have

6 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
Fantastic. Its amazing how some of those who call themselves the leaders of tomorrow are asking why the guy didn't laylow

9 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by nogames: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
hedonistic:
The judgment is not a fait accompli. Of course he will appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court. By the time he exhausts his legal options and right of appeal , the case would have gone cold.

Personally, I have no immediate interest in seeing him imprisoned. Afterall he is not a threat to the peace, security, and wellbeing of the Nigerian public.

Let's face priorities.
Wrong the case was started 3 years ago, so lay low ? I dont think so
Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by wizard007(m): 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
ikechu1278:

That's the only thing they know how to do. Come to US, if you meet a Yoruba that's not a 419, call me a fool. I went to a Yoruba restaurant 5 months ago thinking at least they legit business....only to find out few months later that those people were taking money out of my debit card Evey fucking week. Every week they were taking money for 5 months straight. Those people are disgusting m never trust them with your money, they'll scam you out of every penny you have

Dude you are a fuccktard for bringing tribalism into this, I can only imagine how foolish your sense of reasoning is, so it is only Yorubas that scam right? I'm afraid Fred Ajidua and co too are Yorubas. Filthy garbage!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by Daniel058(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
wizard007:

Dude you are a fuccktard for bringing tribalism into this, I can only imagine how foolish your sense of reasoning is, so it is only Yorubas that scam right? I'm afraid Fred Ajidua and co too are Yorubas. Filthy garbage!
don't be offended please, u knw there is always a sense in every nonsense.. Just think about it, I don't think he's being tribalistic...

4 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by porrigeyam(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
THIS IS NOT H -MONEY..... OP STOP BEEN FOOLISH

3 Likes

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by stunning4real: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
ikechu1278:

you are a fool because not every yoruba living in US are 419.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail by BeClever: 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
wizard007:

Why so much pain? this is the tradition in NL and Igbos and Yorubas are the keepers of this tradition.

The guy is Yoruba and he is a Condemned Criminal. cool

3 Likes

(1) (2)

Man Hangs Himself On A Tree At Lagos Airport Way This Morning (Graphic Photos) / Zamfara: Calabash Filled With Human Blood Found At A Suspected Cultist's House / Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.