Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (72807 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Some of us who got to the third stage of Youwin 3 but didn't win eventually and others who got to the second stage received this email last year. I'd like us to connect here and share ideas.

Dear Neksummi Matthias (ID: ),

We are delighted to inform you that your business plan submitted under the YouWiN 3 business competition is being considered for a grant award under the Growth and Employment (GEM) Project of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI).

GEM seeks to support participating firms in improving their sales and productivity thereby increasing their market share and contribution to employment generation in Nigeria.

Having undergone the YouWiN business plan training and emerging as a semi-finalist, you stand a chance of being considered under the GEM accelerator grant window which offers grants to firms within the range of USD10, 000 and USD50, 000.
In order to be considered for a grant, you are requested to do the following:

1. Confirm your participation by completing the registration form at the link below on or before 21 December 2015. Create a new account with your registered YouWiN! email.
Registration link: http://bigaccelerator.bigportal.org.ng

2. Complete an Environmental and Social Compliance Checklist form at the link below. Quote your YouWiN! Number above in the form.

Environmental and Social Compliance link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GEMSenvironmentalsurvey

3. Register your business with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) immediately if you have not done so already. CAC registration can be done as a sole trader, partnership or limited liability company.

Your business plan will only be reviewed upon successful registration on the ‘Big Accelerator’ platform and completion of the checklist in items 1 and 2 above by 21, December 2015.

Please note that there will be no extensions for this registration.
Yours sincerely,
YouWiN! Admin

Note:
Participation in YouWiN! is FREE for all components of the program, and has not authorized any individual or organization to collect payments for participation. Candidates and awardees are advised to make no payments to anybody on account of YouWiN! participation and are immediately contact the secretariat should anyone request payment.

Yours,
YouWiN Programme.

N.B:
Please note that this email is sent without prejudice to the prerogative
of the Federal Government of Nigeria to withdraw, terminate or modify the
YouWiN Programme at any time without notice to you.

Check the YouWiN! Website, social media links and emails regularly for
information and updates on the YouWiN! Program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
I also received the message and I am ready to connect with others and discuss on the matter. Thanks
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
Looking forward to seeing others who got the message here so we can be updating each other as things unfold.

My name is as seen in my first post. You can introduce yourself.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Well my name is nazif from Bauchi.,
When do they start contacting us? Hope there Will not be any rigorous selection for absorption again!!!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
Because me as I saw that massage I was exited as if I made it to the final stage, I hope they will not disappoint me this time around, even though it was destined by God.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello neksummi. I knew you from youwin3 official thread.
I got the mail too, in fact was thinking at some point if it was real as I couldn't find anyone who got a similar mail.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Happy to connect with you guys. If any receives any new update, share here please.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Akik(m): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Hello. I also received the same message. What is their plan as they have gingered ones moral again. No date for communication! May Allah Assist
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
No date for anything! Let's just keep praying that we all receive the grant as we've come a long way.

I understand that not all people who reached the final round were invited and that some people who didn't scale through second round were invited. This makes me think they've reviewed our applications again and selected us as the best based on whatever new criteria they're using.

May this chance not pass us by in Jesus' name.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
So what businesses did you guys submit plans on? Even without the grant, we can patronize one another.

I entered for Internet Marketing Training Program and Online Payment Processor. I'm already into the first one and wish to start the second when I receive the grant.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by eetua: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
Neksummi.... did you receive any notification for selection of your business plan for grant award under the GEM Program. My sister just got such a notification
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
eetua:
Neksummi.... did you receive any notification for selection of your business plan for grant award under the GEM Program. My sister just got such a notification

I received an email today after the GEM email in December. It reads like a scam to me. I don't know.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 2:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
vivixander:

I received an email today after the GEM email in December. It reads like a scam to me. I don't know.

It isn't scam. Congratulations!

eetua:

No. I just received today notification of non selection. Congrats to your sister.

Life goes on! Looking forward to future competitions.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by eetua: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
neksummi:

It isn't scam. Congratulations!

No. I just received today notification of non selection. Congrats to your sister.

Life goes on! Looking forward to future competitions.

Neksummi thanks for your hearty congratulations.. Wish you the very best.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Alhamdulilai! I saw the mail today, though it was sent on Tuesday.
My heart goes specifically to Neksummi. Allah has something bigger for you because He doesn't allow our efforts and prayers to go in vain. I know you're a hardworking guy, little surprise you're the one who came up with this thread.
May God make it easy for the Government, ministries, and agencies associated with this programme. May His blessings be on every kobo and His guidance for judicious use of funds and in making economic decisions. Amin

3 Likes

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Akik(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2016
Alhamdulillah,

What a great favour!

What is meant for you in 2016 can't be achieved in 2014.

What a life.

Further to the confirmation of your interest in participating in the GEM programme, we are delighted to inform you that your business plan was selected for funding in the BIG Portal Accelerator grant window.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2016
So up next is the event, do they call you or text u from bank?. And let's share ideas on how the event will be, but meanwhile let's wait for their response on the agreement memo, and disbursement schedule memo.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
hello, I also received d notification this Tues that my business plan has been selected for funding, that I'll receive more information in a couple of days.

part of d email reads....

Further to the confirmation of your interest in participating in the GEM programme, we are delighted to inform you that your business plan was selected for funding in the BIG Portal Accelerator grant window.
The GEM Programme has carefully reviewed and discussed your business plan, looking at the merits of the plan from a number of perspectives including viability, sustainability, development impact and the strength of the business case presented.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Akik:
Alhamdulillah,
What a great favour!
What is meant for you in 2016 can't be achieved in 2014.
What a life.

True. There's time for everything. For me, I solely belief in God's right timing for my life. When the time comes they'll favour my own type of business.

As I said earlier, we can patronize one another. I can see here more than 10 websites that I will be asked to design. And if you'd want your business to be discovered online by your customers, Neksummi Global Services can help you do that. Just get in touch: 08063306838.

fatiaforreal:
Alhamdulilai! I saw the mail today, though it was sent on Tuesday.
My heart goes specifically to Neksummi. Allah has something bigger for you because He doesn't allow our efforts and prayers to go in vain. I know you're a hardworking guy, little surprise you're the one who came up with this thread.
May God make it easy for the Government, ministries, and agencies associated with this programme. May His blessings be on every kobo and His guidance for judicious use of funds and in making economic decisions. Amin

Thanks. I'm also very happy for you guys. To me these funds are just additions. So I'll keep striving until my own comes. And it'll surely come.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
Fellow awardees should check their email they have send another mail for agreement memo, and disbursement schedule memo.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
av seen my own email, wow.
I will b going along with my phone where Eva am going, even into the bathroom.. I can't afford to miss that call. lols
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Neksummi, you sure have a customer in me.
The memo is well spelt out, the agreement sample is a 2 unit course lol!
God bless the President, the government, and Nigeria!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 6:56am On Feb 28, 2016
But which number will they use to call? Is it the number we use in the YouWin registration or the one we use in big portal registration? Coz me na 2 numbers I used.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 7:00am On Feb 29, 2016
kukoki:
But which number will they use to call? Is it the number we use in the YouWin registration or the one we use in big portal registration? Coz me na 2 numbers I used.

There was a text they sent us in January announcing that that was the last day for indicating interest in the program. I think that would be phone number they'll call you on.

fatiaforreal:
Neksummi, you sure have a customer in me.
The memo is well spelt out, the agreement sample is a 2 unit course lol!
God bless the President, the government, and Nigeria!

Great! Looking forward to doing business with you?

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 12:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
Has any body receive call from them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
I hope you guys have opened your corporate account in the respective designated banks. I think it's somewhat made easy for all.
Has anyone gotten a call from Mr X? Pls share your experience. Anyway, they're never the same. It all depends on the nature of Mr X that calls you. Good luck to everyone.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 9:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Me I called my assigned banker and sent him my informations but I didn't receive any responses again,
No body call me from the secretariat today!
Maybe they are not ready yet, as it's from Monday to Friday.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 7:36am On Mar 01, 2016
Mr X hasn't called me yet. but I believe well b asked a few questions about our biz and also discussion on the milestone n disbursement. I d main time, we can still be workin on our biz plan. updating it to fit into the grant amount awarded, since d grant awarded might not b d same amount we applied for initially during youwin 3.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Has any body received call today?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
nope.. not yet
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Any phonecall from Mr X?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 11:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Any phone call today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira / Which Business Can I Do With N300k As A School Teacher? / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.