Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:11 PM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (72489 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Keke123: 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Some of us were just sent disbursement Mail for 1st tranche. We've bin on Gems neck since 2016. May God see us thru.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
@ Neksummi, did u apply for you win connect 2017 exercise, if yes, were u selected for the training?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
Keke123:
Some of us were just sent disbursement Mail for 1st tranche. We've bin on Gems neck since 2016. May God see us thru.
Hmmmmn!
Congrats!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
The eagle has landed. I don get alert. Thank you all for going through this journey with me. Off I go to get my business up and running. If you ever need pure water in Anambra State, please let me know. Hopefully, the rest of us will get alerts soon.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Keke123: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
vivixander:
The eagle has landed. I don get alert. Thank you all for going through this journey with me. Off I go to get my business up and running. If you ever need pure water in Anambra State, please let me know. Hopefully, the rest of us will get alerts soon.

Waoo! Congratulations, pls did you get 1st tranche alert or 2nd tranche alert.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
vivixander:
Congratulations my person! I wish you all the best. Making three persons today. Cheers!!!!!! Pls remember me in your prayers.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
I think it's a four semester programme, 2years (+ -)months
December 2015 - December 2017
Master's Degree (Financial Management)
University of GEM
grin grin grin
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Keke123:

Waoo! Congratulations, pls did you get 1st tranche alert or 2nd tranche alert.
This one na final tranche o grin grin grin I can't wait for the day I'll be free from this anxiety
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
fatiaforreal:

Congratulations my person! I wish you all the best. Making three persons today. Cheers!!!!!! Pls remember me in your prayers.

I will be burning extra candles for you during the upcoming lenten season cheesy. I decree and declare that you shall have good news before the end of February in Jesus' name.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 6:27am On Feb 10, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
@ Neksummi, did u apply for you win connect 2017 exercise, if yes, were u selected for the training?

Yes, ma. National Merit. Thanks for the concern.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 6:29am On Feb 10, 2018
fatiaforreal:

This one na final tranche o grin grin grin I can't wait for the day I'll be free from this anxiety

The day will come soon. Just keep holding on.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 6:32am On Feb 10, 2018
vivixander:

Congratulations! And if you need to set up a website for the business, get in touch, please.

WhatsApp: 08063306838
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 6:24am On Feb 15, 2018
The coordinator of GEM programme should please help our plights. The delay in 2nd tranche has affect our businesses, It has hampered our major sales which we could not start due to limited fund, The second tranche is meant to cover other areas of operation or run a full operation that could help us generate more income to be able to pay our workers, and keep the business into continuous operation.

We were disappointed yesterday that we could not accept order to serve higher quantity and meet major customer's demand because of external fund to serve their needs. We turn down some orders because we cannot serve them even when we have the equipment to do so, but we can't because of fund to boost our service and business.

Some times we wondered if the GEM programme is meant to empower the beneficiaries for economical growth or to frustrate the beneficiary and mock the Nigerian economy.

How can a laudable program which meant to support Innovative SMEs withhold their second tranche for almost 2 years ? How do you want the business and startups to survive and grow ?

Keeping us waiting for too long without contacting us is discouraging, at least we need your communication to know what's going on. Even when GEM coordinators have tried in their duty but then we are helpless and really need the 2nd tranche to support and boost our businesses.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Keke123: 11:07am On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=Davepal post=65077968]The coordinator of GEM programme should please help our plights. The delay in 2nd tranche has affect our businesses, It has hampered our major sales which we could not start due to limited fund, The second tranche is meant to cover other areas of operation or run a full operation that could help us generate more income to be able to pay our workers, and keep the business into continuous operation.

We were disappointed yesterday that we could not accept order to serve higher quantity and meet major customer's demand because of external fund to serve their needs. We turn down some orders because we cannot serve them even when we have the equipment to do so, but we can't because of fund to boost our service and business.

Some times we wondered if the GEM programme is meant to empower the beneficiaries for economical growth or to frustrate the beneficiary and mock the Nigerian economy.

How can a laudable program which meant to support Innovative SMEs withhold their second tranche for almost 2 years ? How do you want the business and startups to survive and grow ?

Keeping us waiting for too long without contacting us is discouraging, at least we need your communication to know what's going on. Even when GEM coordinators have tried in their duty but then we are helpless and really need the 2nd tranche to support and boost our businesses.

I understand your plight.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by austynbch(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2018
See their latest message o

Dear Grantee,
We apologise for the perceived lapse in communication and delays in
implementation.
We would like to inform you that this was as a result of delays
in contracting the Monitoring and Supervision firm, which has now been
resolved.
Progressively, we are pleased to inform you that monitoring visits by KPMG
will commence shortly from 19 February to 9 March 2018. KPMG will contact
you on any of the days within this period. Kindly stand by for the expected
calls.
During the monitoring visit, you may be required to provide the following
information:
Information on milestones
Explanation on reports
Financial statements or management accounts
Sales records
Payroll records
Support documents for milestones achieved
Bank statement for the business
Invoices/receipts
Tax receipts
Evidence of engagement of auditor (for grant’s above 6 million).
Please note that the list is not exhaustive and the monitors may need to
probe further and ask for some additional documents (if the need arises).
Feel free to contact KPMG directly through " Adeyinka.Ogunnoiki@ng.kpmg.com
, Chioma.Chilaka@ng.kpmg.com ", if visits have not been made to your firm
by 2 March 2018.
Once this visit is successful, KPMG will provide final approval for second
tranche.
Thank you and we look forward to the success of your business.
Best regards
Grant Administrator
PwC | Growth and Employment (GEM) Project
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
We've just got a mail that our receipts were incomplete. OMG!! Our receipts were far above the total 1st tranche payment.
What other Receipts GEM PWC wants us to send again, after we've sent a complete documentation of milestones expenses incurred.

We are totally frustrated after we have spent our time, energy and resources to sustain our business to this level and they are still requesting for documents already sent. is this another form of delaying method to prolong our second tranche payment. GEM PWC should bear in mind that our businesses are seasonal, and during the raining season we might make lower or no sales at all.

I regret being an entrepreneur in this country. The system and the people who are there to support you will frustrate you out of business. Instead of making more income, We are in the mercy of income; looking at the money we should be generating: wasting away because of 2nd Tranche disbursement. Thank to GEM PWC for proving us wrong as an entrepreneur, that we can't succeed with their fund.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
If you think we've not done enough why don't you visit our business. We have setup a running business that is making a sale and need 2nd tranche to flare into full service production. Why must Nigeria factor be involve in any good program like this.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
It's frustrating!
May God help us.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
Davepal:
We've just got a mail that our receipts were incomplete. OMG!! Our receipts were far above the total 1st tranche payment.

What other Receipts GEM PWC wants us to send again, after we've sent a complete documentation of milestones expenses incurred.

We are totally frustrated after we have spent our time, energy and resources to sustain our business to this level and they are still requesting for documents already sent. is this another form of delaying method to prolong our second tranche payment. GEM PWC should bear in mind that our businesses are seasonal, and during the raining season we might make lower or no sales at all.

I regret being an entrepreneur in this country. The system and the people who are their to support you will frustrate you out of business. Instead of making more income, We are in the mercy of income; looking at the money we should be generating: wasting away because of 2nd Tranche disbursement. Thank to GEM PWC for proving us wrong as an entrepreneur, that we can't succeed with their fund.

At least yours was incomplete. They claimed they never received mine even after I sent them proof of delivery and receipt. Your vent is justified. However, myvadvice to you is to resend everything. I did mine by email. The sooner, the better. It took them over three months to review the receipts and disburse my second tranche. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
Second round inspection mail instead of disbursement mail.
Then, another six months will pass before the outcome of inspection is known. Then, complete receipts will be requested and verified for three months. Network for communication will then disappear for another three months without any form of feedback. Then, another batch will get disbursement mail. Then, stay glued to their phone waiting for alert for another indefinite number of months.
With all these, whoever successfully completes this programme, getting his/her second tranche while the business is still alive, and himself/herself not having stroke or serious BP related illnesses should do a serious thanks giving, not just in a place of worship, but by actually helping out someone in dire need of help.

2 Likes

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Agathabishen(f): 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
vivixander:
congratulation o. and good luck
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by saksonA: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
After getting this information on 17th of December, 2016,[/i]

Dear Applicant,

Thank you very much for participating in the GEM induction workshop.

We have completed the review of all applications and the overall quality of responses received was high.

We regret to inform you that your firm was not granted admission to the BIG platform at this time as the number of applications exceeded the number of available spaces. To ensure a transparent and fair process, the decisions were made by a lottery (random selection).

We hope and expect to re-open the Business Innovation and Growth platform for your company in a couple of months. You will then be welcome to revise and re-submit your application if your firm qualifies.

Once again thank you for your interest in the GEM Project.

I then get this as well on 24th of February, 2018[i]

Dear Applicant,

This is to inform you that TNS RMS Nigeria Limited will be sending out representative(s) to visit your firms to conduct a follow up survey on behalf of the GEM project starting from March - May 2018.

The aim of the survey is to help better understand the growth process of enterprises in priority sectors, the challenges your business faces, and your use of different market services and government programs. The results of this survey will be kept confidential and will be used for research purposes and to inform policy as it relates to business environment.

Please note that none of the answers you provide on this survey will in any way affect your eligibility for any future program.

You will be receiving calls from TNS' representatives to confirm your availability before the visit. Kindly accord them your usual cooperation.

Should you have queries or concerns about the survey, you can speak with Mariam Fagbemi and Jackson Hyacinth.

Best Regards,

Please is anyone in this house with thesame type of information?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jshwilton(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2018
Folks, I understand that there's an on-going inspection by the GEM team. Is this inspection for those expecting their 1st tranche disbursement or those expecting their 2nd tranche?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
Every mail sent by GEM stipulates the purpose and what is expected of the applicants.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
The one above is essentially a survey for feedback.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Dis GEM thread is too cold for my liking unlike YOU WIN CONNECT thread
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Dis GEM thread is too cold for my liking unlike YOU WIN CONNECT thread

Really? This thread has 17 pages with about 30 posts per page. You've only posted about 10 times in this thread and you're complaining that it's too cold for your liking? #shakingmyhead

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
vivixander:

Really? This thread has 17 pages with about 30 posts per page. You've only posted about 10 times in this thread and you're complaining that it's too cold for your liking? #shakingmyhead
So u counted all my posts.U really tried.Lets start then cos I usually argue on You Win Connect thread.If u can argue, I am ready.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
So u counted all my posts.

Too much time on my hands today grin
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 7:24am On Mar 01, 2018
Happy new month to every nairalander on dis thread.May you all receive alert in dis month.Amen

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello house
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2018
Any recent alert?

How is the second round of monitoring inspection going? That should round up this week hopefully.

First quarter 2018 going, going , going!!!

Let's hope for the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Top Ten Richest Personalities In Nigeria 2016 And Their Networth / Where To Buy Wholesale Cosmetic Products In Naija / Betonmarket Alerts: Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.