Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,969 members, 7,799,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (72790 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 11:06am On May 14, 2018
Every GEM beneficiaries awaiting 2nd tranche should air his/her voices through whatever media it deems fit.

One of the grantees called me last weekend to inform how He closed down his business because of operating cost, and he has exhausted their sales revenue on operating cost and salaries without any hope of increasing their production because of limited fund.

According to him, the 2nd tranche disbursement is meant for operating cost and production increase, and GEM has withheld this fund for so long.

Question: How can he sustain his business if GEM PWC choose to hold his 2nd tranche payment for complete 2 years ?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:54pm On May 20, 2018
God! Pls, help us!!!
This is beyond our powers.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 1:31pm On May 21, 2018
fatiaforreal:
God! Pls, help us!!!
This is beyond our powers.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:06pm On May 22, 2018
4th Visit loading........
This country is finished!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 8:37pm On May 22, 2018
They should be fast with their visit, before some rents expire........hope it won't take another decade.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2018
fatiaforreal:
4th Visit loading........
This country is finished!

Nawa o! Na only visit them sabi?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:50am On May 23, 2018
Davepal:
They should be fast with their visit, befor
e some rents expire........hope it won't take another decade.
As usual now!
"Soon" they will start the visits, that's in the next one month.
The visit itself, as usual will take three months to conclude. Then they'll disappear for three months without a word and return thereafter probably with another meeting. Something is wrong somewhere! God will expose it one day.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 1:24pm On May 23, 2018
grin grin grin
How many monitors will visit before you make #120,000?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 3:04pm On May 28, 2018
Undiluted truth... to all those still pushing their various businesses and pushing hard, Nigeria deserves you.
-A country where some people are paying Nepa to take light..
-A country where some people divert fuel just to sell black market..
-A country where traditional rulers would ask for millions for an organization to build road and schools for their community..
-A country where employers never acknowledge your strengths just so you would never be empowered to leave..
-A country where oil companies sabotage refineries just so their private filling stations would thrive..
-A country where the schools of the poor are neglected so as the wards to become tools to the rich.
-A country where the best brains get 240 above to secure admission while below average get less than half to secure same admission.
-A country where its security outfits only listens to the highest bidder.
-A country that the rich evade tax while the poor cant even run a business without multiple taxation.
-A country that an aspirant goes into position with just a home and comes out with 5 highrise, 30 duplex, 15 luxury cars, directorship in bluechip companies, 7 estates in a space of 4 years with a salary of less than N1m..
-A country where the poor are empowered with shoe shinning kits while the rich file their children on scholarships meant for militants, Idp's, brilliant minds, War soldiers, medicals for the poor etc..
- A country where the rule of law only works for the poor..
A country where dreams are killed even before they are hatched.

By Essiete Nairaland 2018
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 8:11pm On May 28, 2018
"Killed before they're hatched"?
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
They're inspected, inspected, inspected, inspected, inspected,.................until someone gives up or the programme winds down. Meanwhile, those who had the mind of not doing any business from onset are laughing somewhere because the senseless inspection does not affect them. Honesty is a crime in this part of the world.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 8:19pm On May 28, 2018
If I had known, I would have diverted the money for some quick return business and thereafter continue with my industrial plan. I don't think these people care about what you did with your first tranche as long as you don't bother them for the second tranche. It's a shame, the cardinal objective of the programme , which is employment/ industrialization is not even understood by the so called monitoring firm and management firm. There's is just to adk questions like robots without capacity to analyse situations and needs for the programme as a whole to succeed.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Rhard: 10:53am On May 29, 2018
I just submited my businees plan to gem last month,how many months does it take gem to review the plan and report back
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Rhard: 4:18pm On May 29, 2018
Did any body here received message from FMARD for selection of company project?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 6:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Rhard:
I just submited my businees plan to gem last month,how many months does it take gem to review the plan and report back

How long it takes GEM cannot be predicted. It could take up to a year!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2018
GEM grantees.
I hail o! Abi dem ton alert everybody?
grin grin grin
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Ciscagirl: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Rhard:
Did any body here received message from FMARD for selection of company project?
yes I did. Pls we need to get in touch. Want to ask you questions. Thanks
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
Who has been contacted for inspection?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by austynbch(m): 6:22am On Jun 27, 2018
Finally, alert don show, Jehovah thank you
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Rhard: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2018
Is it first tranche
austynbch:
Finally, alert don show, Jehovah thank you
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by austynbch(m): 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
Rhard:
Is it first tranche
second tranche
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
We have not gotten our 2nd tranche, and they are coming for another supervision, with no specified date for visit. We hope our business will triumph this delay. God help us.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2018
It's been coming in trickles ever since. When you miss alert, you get monitoring/visit. It's pathetic for honest businesses.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Davepal: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2018
After 2 years and more than 2 visits from GEM and long delay to COMMUNICATE with us, Yet GEM has refused to pay us our second tranche. were have we done wrong and offend this country?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Davepal:
After 2 years and more than 2 visits from GEM and long delay to COMMUNICATE with us, Yet GEM has refused to pay us our second tranche. were have we done wrong and offend this country?

Very pathetic.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
Some guys at KPMG must appear to be doing something even where market women are better. They can't think outside the box yet they sit down in their office and overrule independent monitors even on matters they lack practical knowledge to comprehend. It's difficult to blame GEM in this circumstance.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by blingvince(m): 7:59am On Aug 31, 2018
Good morning people, pls can anyone add me up the big portal whatsapp group?
08059883955....pls help a brother
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Rhard: 7:49am On Sep 04, 2018
Email we sent to Gem
Good Day Sir/Ma, I applied for the World Bank sponsored program in Nigeria tagged “Growth and Empowerment Program” (GEM), a project being supervised by the Ministry of Trade and Investment in Nigeria. I started this journey as far back as 2016 and my tortuous expedition is highlighted as follows: August 12, 2016 – Got invitation to attend an orientation/Induction at …. August 24, 2016 - Underwent the Orientation/ Induction Workshop.It took Gem 11Full months to release the result of induction.Gem is using 2 full years to review business plan submitted.I being to ask is it how the firm was trained to worked or is it corruption in the system? No timelines for project delivery.cant PWC learn from grant awarding institutions in other corrupt free countries in africa that deliver full project in year and achieved resoundable results like Tony elumelu foundation why did gem decide to frustrating the business of Nigerian youths.To me gem project is total failure in Nigeria.we are going to inform world bank detailing all dealings with gem with evidence and proof that lies and deceit cannot counter. for avoidance of doubt read"Why is Aso Villa Demo Day/GEM grant stalled? https://punchng.com/why-is-aso-villa-demo- daygem-grant-stalled/ publish 31th august more are still coming follow by protest. However, since submitting my Business Plan, the only correspondence I have received from the organizers of the GEM program was on the 6th of February, 2018 promising that the Business Plan results would be available and released latest 8 weeks after the date of the mail. Sadly, till today 25th of August, 2018, more than 2 years since I started this journey, I am yet to see any definitive progress concerning my application, be it in form of an acceptance or rejection. Indeed, not a single entrepreneur in my assigned center for In-Class Training, , has achieved anything worthwhile as it pertains to assessing the funding that the program promised. Aside the correspondence quoted above, I have not received any other mails, calls or messages from their office as it pertains to the progress or otherwise of my application. Simply put, I am firmly stuck in limbo, despite the fact that I have burst a gut to scale all the hurdles that I have been confronted with as it pertains to assessing the required funding. My business needs this grant to move to the next level as I believe that I have the qualification and facilities, and I have proved myself during the arduous journeys of the training, and I am yet ready to prove myself even further in any test of your chosen. This is a humble plead to let my business benefit from this scheme if I have by my hard work merited it. I am writing to your office because all efforts to obtain any concrete information from the GEM office have proved abortive. I am pleading that you use your humble office to come to the aid of myself and other Nigerians like me, whom are deserving of this opportunity but do not have people in ‘high places’ to ‘push our files’. Thank you in anticipation of a prompt response

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Rhard: 7:54am On Sep 04, 2018
GEM reply

Dear Bleep

We sincerly  on-behalf of the GEM Project apologize for this undue delay in getting back to you.

As you maybe aware the Project is planned to end on the 7th of September. However, we are working on getting a Project extension and we are hopeful that it will come through. Unfortunately we will  not be able to resolve the issue raised by you until this is achieved. Please bear with us. We know how difficult this must be for you as it is for us as well.

Best regards,
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2018
Hmmm!
September 7? The extension could take forever to achieve because I'm not sure WorldBank is satisfied with the implementation. May God help us.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by danladi10: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2018
Please has anyone heard from GEM? Does anyone know if they were able to get an extension from the world bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira / Which Business Can I Do With N300k As A School Teacher? / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.