Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring (46459 Views)

Your Favorite Movie Quotes!!!! / A die hard GAME OF THRONES fan check this: Quotes You Don't Wanna Miss / Best Movie Quotes Of All Time From Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by JustChris: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
You cannot piss on my head and tell me it's raining. ..Mko Abiola
Ndi ofe self
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Fibo27(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it

Rafiki

The Lion King

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by yoddy(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Joavid:
movies are not just for entertainment, especially for me. I was able to compile some with a little help from google of course.

1. "Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine." The Imitation Game.

2. "Just because someone stumbles and loses their
path, doesn't mean they're lost forever." X-Men Days of Future Past.

3. "Most people live life on the path we set for them. Too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along and knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize free will is a gift that you'll never know how to use until you fight for it." The Adjustment
Bureau.

4. "Our lives are not fully lived if we're not willing to die for those we love, for what we believe." Selma.

5. "Courage is a hard thing to figure. You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, but you're not supposed to question adults, or your coach, or your teacher, because they make the rules. Maybe they know best, but maybe they don't.
It all depends on who you are, where you come
from." The Blind Side.

6. "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work. The sooner the better." Sherlock Holmes.

7. "What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient...highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed--fully understood--that
sticks." Inception.

8. "The main thing is: Pay attention, pay attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll see what no one else knows. What you get is what you get, what you do with what you get, that's more the point." City of Ember.

9. Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, from Star Wars. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are it is our choices. – Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

10. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
– Mario Puzo, from The Godfather

11. “The loudest one in the room is the
weakest one in the room." - Frank Lucas in American Gangster

12. "Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. it’s how much you can take, and keep moving
forward. that’s how winning’s done. - Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone)

add yours

Next time, if you wanna shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Ramirez Sanchez (Ugly)
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by ewosk: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gun dont Kill people; people kill people (DMX) Romeo must die

Look to the path ahead and not the road behind (Zediccus Zul Zorander) Legend of the Seeker

Any guy can sweep any girl off her feet, he
just needs the right broom. Will Smith HITCH

Life is not the amount of breaths you take,
it's the moments that take your breath
away _ WILL SMITH HITCH

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by stanislaus67(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
I SEE YOU...
Predator [b][/b]
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
"No matter how powerful you become you're still just a human being , do not try to ever become something more than that" - Hiko Seijuro , Rurouni Kenshin
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by ini4brandon(m): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Shit happens- Tom hanks (Forest Gump)
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Greycious(m): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
"People of God are we; who can defy us?" ~Aamir Khan Dhoom3

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by smartec: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
Am loving it, bring it on
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by estcood: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
obsession is a young man's game . .the prestige

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by nusta(m): 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
“It is easier to cope with a bad conscience than with a bad reputation.” ... Robert Greene , 48 Laws of
Power , 2.
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Flawlessangel:

yea but its a different and far better experience than watching movies at home, besides its not like you have anything to lose right?

okay. I'll get back to you
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
kawkab:

Jordan Belfort: Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time. - The Wolf of Wall Street.

John Milton: Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, he Dwhat is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!. The Devil's Advocate

John Milton:
You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there? The Devil's Advocate

Achilles: I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again. Troy

Odysseus: If they ever tell my story let them say that I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Hector, tamer of horses. Let them say I lived in the time of Achilles. Troy

“A person is, among all else, a material thing, easily torn and not easily mended.” ― Ian McEwan, Atonement

“What is past is past. never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is.”
― Mario Puzo, The Last Don

“Never show anger at slight,Tell nothing.Earn Respect from everyone by deeds,not Words.Respect the members of your Blood Family.Gambling was Recreation,Not a way to earn a Living.Love your Father,your Mother, your Sister but beware of Loving any other Woman than your Wife.And a Wife was a woman who bore your Children.And once that happened to You,your Life was Forfeit to give them their daily bread” ― Don Clericuzio The Last Don

“Actions defined a man; words were a fart in the wind.” ― Don Clericuzio The Last Don

“Never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is.” ”
― Don Clericuzio, The Last Don

Hugh Glass' Wife: As long as you can still grab a breath, you fight. You breathe. Keep breathing. When there is a storm. And you stand in front of a tree. If you look at its branches, you swear it will fall. But if you watch the trunk, you will see its stability. The revenant

really nice.

I will see the revenant this week. hope its worth the hype
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by thuao(m): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
No matter ow much the buttock is in a hurry, it will always be behind.
The plantain that gets burn right in ur sight, has no place on ur plate of rice.
The problem with dating skinny girls is that u don't know what they need, whether its love or food.
All three from Pete Edochie

Have u ever loved someone that u wud do anything for that person, yea , make that person yoursef n go ahead, do whatever you want. Harvey specter in Suits(season film)

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Sodiumdawg: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
"No matter how hard the wind blows, the mountain will not bow to it"
-The Emperor, Mulan

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by emmanuelkant77(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
tuffgongjo:
I think it was actually said as:"I trust everyone,but I don't trust the devil in them".
...u too failed to get it ryt...it goes lik ds...i trust al ma frnds,,i jus dnt trust de devil in deM
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by HybridMan: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Game of the Throne got a lot of quotable quotes..

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by estcood: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you'd be the first person in the history of the world."
The Master (2012)
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Isaddabai(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
[b][/b]My favourites quote from the movie "The good the bad and the ugly."
"Now i'l sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side to protect me" Blondie
"If i start up to find someone i find him that's why they pay me" Angel Eyes.
"If you work for a living why do you kill yourself working".
"Whenever tou have to shoot shoot don't talk"
"If you'v to miss you better miss very well, Whoever double crosses me and lives me alive understand nothing about Tuco... Hehehehe Nothing." Tuco Benedicto Juan-Mario Ramires

"The biggest enemy of Islam is the ignorant Muslim, whose ignorance leads him to intolerance, whose actions destroy the true image of Islam, and when the people look at him they think that Islam is what he is." - Sheikh Ahmed Deedat

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by armadeo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
iPopAlomo:
Pusssy, pusssy, pusssy!
Come on in Pusssy lovers!
Here at the Tittty Twister we’re slashing pusssy in half!
Give us an offer on our vast selection of pusssy!
This is a pusssy blow out!
Alright, we got white pusssy, black pusssy, spanish pusssy, yellow pusssy. We got hot pusssy, cold pusssy. We got wet pusssy. We got smelly pusssy. We got hairy pusssy, bloody pusssy. We got snapping pusssy. We got silk pusssy, velvet pusssy, naugahyde pusssy. We even got horse pusssy, dog pusssy, chicken pusssy.
C'mon, you want pusssy, come on in Pusssy Lovers!
If we don’t got it, you don't want it!
Come on in Pusssy lovers!

Attention pusssy shoppers!
Take advantage of our penny pusssy sale!
If you buy one piece of pusssy at the regular price, you get another piece of pusssy of equal or lesser value for only a penny!
Try and beat pusssy for a penny!
If you can find cheaper pusssy anywhere, [size=18pt]fuckkkk it![/size] grin cheesy

From dusk till dawn
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by estcood: 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
But beautiful women always know. That false indifference, superior air. It's just a tease. They want eyes on them. Why does she put on her make up? Do her hair? Dress so nicely? Not for her husband which she hardly ever sees, no, it's for somebody else to notice... I notice.

phone booth 2002
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by armadeo(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
Once again the gods have parted cheeks and rammed cok in arse

You stand there telling me to part cheeks and accept further ramming.

QL.Batiatus
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by LegendaryArnold(m): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
with great power comes great irresponsibility grin Deadpool
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by kawkab: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
“Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family.- Don Corleone”
― Don Corleone, The Godfather

“A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults”
― Don Corleone, The Godfather

When I introduce you, I'm gonna say, "This is a friend of mine." That means you're a connected guy. Now if I said instead, this is a friend of ours that would mean you a made guy. A Capiche? Lefty Rugeri - Donnie Brasco

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gentlemen, drink your wine, Bleep your women..for tonight ; we dine in hell

I need a woman to love me for who I am, not what I am- coming to America

Give us us free

They say I work without resting, I say I'll rest enough when I'm dead

A parable is like palm oil with which yam is eaten

I AM MARCUS AURELIUS- HUSBAND TO A MURDERED WIFE, FATHER TO A MURDERED SON- Gladiator

My friend Udeme, is a great man lol
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Godisnear(m): 6:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
"We often meet our destiny on the path we take to avoid them" Kung Fu Panda

'Sometimes we do the unimaginable for a fate that was never our' Chronicles of riddick

'I am now and will always be inlove with Peyton Sawyer' - One tree hill
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by 989900: 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
There is no time like the present
- Michael Scofield (Prison Break).

Preparation will only take you so far. After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
-- Michael Scofield (Prison Break)

If you have the time to shoot, shoot don't talk
-- The Ugly (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly).

I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
- The Godfather (The Godfather) *Mario Puzzo's got lines

Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. Moe Greene. Stracci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did.
--Michael (The Godfather)

"You s*nf*ab*tch, do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders."

Moe Greene to Michael

Never let anyone know what you'r thinking”
― Mario Puzo, The Godfather

“Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.”

“The lawyer with the briefcase can steal more money than the man with the gun.”

“I don't trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.”

There's no difference between politicians and gangsters”

He should be careful. It's dangerous to be an honest man.”

I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.
John Gotti

Fear is stronger than love
--Tupac

What we do in life echoes in eternity
-- Maximus (Gladiator)

Commodus:
How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
Maximus: [removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus]
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by 989900: 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sean: Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?
Will: No.
Sean: You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.
Will: Why thank you.
Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will: Nope.
Sean: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? . . . you're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, . . .
. . .
you've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help.
I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell.
And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you.
"You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself." . . .
. . . And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you . . . You're an orphan right?
[Will nods]
Sean: You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you ? . . ..

Robin williams to Matt Damon (Goodwill Hunting)
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by gemale(m): 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
"pple shld nt b afraid of their government;rather government shld b afraid of their pple" - v 4 vendetta
"This is where we hold them, this is where we fight, this is where dey die". - 300
"& thus I clothe my villainy wt old odd ends stolen forth 4rm holy writ & seem a saint when most I play d devil"- v 4 vendetta
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by tman14(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
I'll be back
Terminator 2
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by gemale(m): 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
U kno wt lies there.... Immortality take it it's yours.- Troy
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by gemale(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
No amount of tym travel can make a girl love you - about tym (my best romance movie)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tobi Paints Anto’s Bum While She Was Uncovered / Yang Dan, Chinese Weather Woman Hasn't Aged For 22 Years On TV Screen / BBNaija: Bambam And Teddy A Had Sex. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.