Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,191 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) (35045 Views)

Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 / "Semo Turns To Rubber After A Woman Mixed It With Hot Water In Benue" (Photos) / Harvest Crashes Prices Of Foodstuffs In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Healthybiz: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by ZUBY77(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
You can move up more to New York or Paris and expect to buy oranges 5 Naira.
If you can't handle it, go you your village. Food is cheaper there.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by bettercreature(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Why the OP can not go to benue to buy them? does he think its easy to buy food stuffs from over 700km

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Dahveydson(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Orange is like pure water there.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by sammysammy111(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
op aneg help me buy com i go pay u wen u com reach uyo
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Dragonking: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
I love Benue and the middle belt....they are very peaceful
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Dahveydson(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
bettercreature:
Why the OP can not go to benue to buy them or does he think its easy to buy food stuffs from over 700km

Bad roads.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2016
Haba bros, consider transpprtation n odFactors na
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 28, 2016
marshborn:
Currently serving in gboko, benue state, all I can say is wow! Bike to every destination is 50 naira.... And their chics here dey give wella wink
Beware... AIDs is real

9 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by bettercreature(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2016
Dahveydson:

Bad roads.
You dey mind him? Risk of life,robbery,and many other security issues
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by solid3(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2016
Imagine how much those would cost if they were imported.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by OLIHI2000(f): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2016
This is even expensive! They are places you can buy them way cheaper, no Benue indigene will buy yam at that high cost.Kadarko price is mostly for travellers.

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by beinstein(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2016
@OP Kadarko is IN Nasarawa state na, not benue state as you want me to believe here.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Funjosh(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2016
They are even expensive self, Let me take you to Aila in Agaatu in same Benue state, you will buy one mango for #1 and ten mangoes for #10. tongue

5 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2016
Lolz grin
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2016
marshborn:
Currently serving in gboko, benue state, all I can say is wow! Bike to every destination is 50 naira.... And their chics here dey give wella wink

Give what?

Beware of HIV pls

3 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 28, 2016
niggi4life:
Ha shocked na wa o!
Those 10tubers of yam will cost nothing less than 5k in Lasgidi

Wake up!!!

That mound of yam will cost nothing less than 8k with much abeg at Agboju market.

2 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Mabel12(f): 9:31am On Jan 28, 2016
Have been to d state bfor dis ones r even small I bought 50 oranges for 300 naira n a sak of yam for 1500 as at 2014 I can boldly tell u food stuffs r extremly cheap there n d state is dame Big.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by bankyblue(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
To all ma Benue peeps in the house, is this how you guys are enjoying yorself?

This bucket of oranges cost N150

Mound of 10 yams cost N2000 naira in Kadarko, Benue state, middle belt Nigeria.

This is so saddening. I feel like we are being robbed blind in the so-called urban centres.

http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/01/see-cost-foodstuffs-in-benue-photos.html?m=1

Hmmmm.
Ten yams! For 2k? To expensive.

I followed a friend to a village in Niger state where we bought 45 tubers for 5k.
I almost past out when she brough out the money to pay.

Presently now 4 diff people ve giving me money to get for them in my arae When I told them the testimony.

Note! Is not as big like the one in ur pix sha o.

3 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by MissSlimbody(f): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2016
allanphash7:
Op so you dont know why benue state is called THE FULL BASKET OF THE NATION?

Its Food and not full wink
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by valuka(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2016
You are free to relocate to benue
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by dominique(f): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2016
It's way cheaper in villages like Zakibiam and Agatu. When I returned to Lagos from Benue after NYSC, I couldn't buy fruits for close to a month. Everything was so gaddem expensive but I adjusted after some time sha.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Justicealh3(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2016
Is still expensive there, even this cost N150 or whatever they sale it. Come to KUTIGI LLG of NS. & buy cheap cheaps foodstuffs.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by omolola15(m): 9:38am On Jan 28, 2016
Na war for this op oooo. I was thinking the 10 tubers will cost like 7k so I can pity benue people. That'll cost as much as 5k in Lagos. I bought 4 small oranges at ikeja yesterday for hundred naira. The mallam no even gree 5 for hundred.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Cyojunior(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2016
exhibition:
Food basket of the Nation
Need something from Jumia? Contact me now!

Do u have g-string lik boxers ?

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 28, 2016
I love my state in terms of food prices but infrastructure na another story
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 28, 2016
Smiles.. There is a way these guys set the under the bucket! Nothing dey under! Buhari will visit them soon. My benue people i hail !
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by anangboy(m): 9:43am On Jan 28, 2016
papawemba:

Wake up!!!

That mound of yam will cost nothing less than 8k with much abeg at Agboju market.

You need to visit Mile12 market sometime. You'll get those ten tubers for less than 3k. The trick is buying from the mallams at the center of the market. You need to see the basket of tomatoes i bought for N500.
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Niyinficient(m): 9:44am On Jan 28, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
To all ma Benue peeps in the house, is this how you guys are enjoying yorself?

This bucket of oranges cost N150

Mound of 10 yams cost N2000 naira in Kadarko, Benue state, middle belt Nigeria.

This is so saddening. I feel like we are being robbed blind in the so-called urban centres.

http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/01/see-cost-foodstuffs-in-benue-photos.html?m=1

D yam cost dia, dis kind yam for tunga Mallam or Paiko for Niger state na like 800 to 1000 especially around dis time!

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by allanphash7(m): 9:44am On Jan 28, 2016
Thanks dear

Are u from benue?
MissSlimbody:

Its Food and not full wink

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Rukkydelta(f): 9:45am On Jan 28, 2016
Passing by
Re: See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) by Standing5(m): 9:45am On Jan 28, 2016
Tlake:
its cheaper because its sold directly by the farmer,if u add transportation to Lagos,police settlement on roads, offloading to market, shop rent or space rent by the sellers in Lagos and they Also want to gain ...no choice u can travel n by urself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.