Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid (1275 Views)

Barren Woman Displaced By 14-year Old House Maid From Her Home / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Soleymania(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2016
What Wil you do if ur newly married wife says she's interested in securing house maid job.
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Godmother(f): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmm that won't be a pleasant news to hear but sometime we can't choose the circumstances we find ourselves. Why not ask her the working conditions of the job. Some house help jobs don't require you spend the whole day. A friend of mine has a maid who resumes by 8am and leaves by 5pm. That to me is almost like a regular job which anyone can do. If your wife finds a similar position then it could be ok.

Any job is honourable so long as it is legal and moral (and pays you too).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by OVI75(m): 8:15am On Jan 28, 2016
Omo to strong oo,I CNT even stand the thought of my wife takin domestic orders from another man.simply put,capital No,did rather get her an innovative bizness.
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2016
There are some things I don't think about cus it will never happen... next question pls.
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2016
I cant stand it at all, i would rather find something else for her like business
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by SAMBARRY: 9:55am On Jan 28, 2016
Godmother:
Hmmm that won't be a pleasant news to hear but sometime we can't choose the circumstances we find ourselves. Why not ask her the working conditions of the job. Some house help jobs don't require you spend the whole day. A friend of mine has a maid who resumes by 8am and leaves by 5pm. That to me is almost like a regular job which anyone can do. If your wife finds a similar position then it could be ok.

bet it looks awkward and weird

How do you feel if your boss is younger than you and commanding you to do things because he or she pays you
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Godmother(f): 11:05am On Jan 28, 2016
SAMBARRY:
bet it looks awkward and weird

How do you feel if your boss is younger than you and commanding you to do things because he or she pays you

I have had bosses younger than me and though the situation wasn't one I was so comfortable with it but I just told myself it was a job and did my best. You can't always choose your bosses, but you can choose how they treat you. Even the worst of bosses will mellow a little when you put in your best into what you do, respect them, and respect yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
She probably wants to work for an ex.

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by ifyalways(f): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Seems strange. Not sure I will allow that ooo. If he's interested in servitude then he can do so in the house.
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by byvan03: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
Maybe hunger is killing her in your house.
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by Olasco93: 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
Soleymania, you need to sit with you wife and you two should discuss about her/your decision and on the way forward. There is nothing wrong doing an House Maid Job (humility pays). Doing it and earning wages/salary is better than stealing, borrowing, and owing debts if that is should be the case.
Also, just filter the Right and Encouring advice from this thread too.
Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by nzgal: 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
Godmother:

Very true.

Some house maids earn better than private sector workers oh.

Another thing, is she a graduate? Has she no handwork/skill?

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid by tpiaobsession: 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
Soleymania:
What Wil you do if ur newly married wife says she's interested in securing house maid job.

was it your wife who said that?

depends on the pay.

If Buhari/Aisha or National Assembly or any bigwig is hiring, nothing wrong with it as long as neither of you is a security risk nor planted spy.

(1) (Reply)

asdsa / I Need Treated Mosquito Net Urgently / Dear Married Couples, Kindly Read This Story To The End.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.