Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) (17036 Views)

China’s Bus-size Space Station Is About 80 Hours Away From Crashing To Earth / Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? / Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by RobinHez(m): 7:09am On Jan 29, 2016
Conspiracy theorists always going the opposite way! grin

I no call names o lipsrsealed

And so he said Gravity is shiii, and I thought, is there any physical way to 'detect' the force of gravity other than calculations? Maybe an instrument or something...
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 9:48am On Jan 29, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Well thats a rather bold claim, just because we don't fully understand something doesn't make it 'non-sense', do you have any mathematical proof to back this up?
Or are you just going to refer me to your white bros at nasa or youtube.
Gravity is one of the concepts we understand more than every other in this universe

1 Like

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 9:48am On Jan 29, 2016
RobinHez:
Conspiracy theorists always going the opposite way! grin

I no call names o lipsrsealed

And so he said Gravity is shiii, and I thought, is there any physical way to 'detect' the force of gravity other than calculations? Maybe an instrument or something...
Bro Gravity is not a "force"
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 29, 2016
Hello to all.

@ Sukkot,

That the stars and constellations seem fixed does not necessarily mean that the earth is fixed. It rather signifies that both are moving at a constant or similar speed. It is the same with 2 travellers in the same Train. They both remain at a constant distance one to the other. If they don't pay attention to the environment outside the train, they may wrongly presume that they are static. But in reality they are moving albeit both at the same speed.

Besides, it is funny how you blame Teempakguy of doing the very thing you're doing. You don't constructively and scientifically argue and prove his equations and demonstrations wrong, neither do you counter his objections to your sole argument, but you regurgitate the same point - point he has already scientifically addressed - and copy and paste various videos and files from the web. On top of that you accuse him of indoctrination.

Even if Teempakguy was wrong, I don't think it is healthy nor scientific to accuse and call names, instead of addressing the issues at stake. Of course this is my humble opinion, and you are free to ridicule it or reject it.

Cheers.
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by hahn(m): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
My posts are not as long as this joor undecided..

Lalasticlala and other mods tire me.. Many of science topics that deserve front page to reach a wider audience are being neglected like this https://www.nairaland.com/2869435/10-most-strange-stars-known

and dozens of them i have on my timeline and many others here... They are just neglecting science topics to champion topics that of no use to people or in anyway contribute to their intellectual development..

That's why when many NL's talk about science you will almost poo your pants.. Because they don't give science topics half the attention they give to Snakes or girls rocking cleavages

Well, seun is delivering a service and his "customers" demand topics requiring low IQ. I really do not blame him
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by sukkot: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:
Hello to all.

@ Sukkot,

That the stars and constellations seem fixed does not necessarily mean that the earth is fixed. It rather signifies that both are moving at a constant or similar speed. It is the same with 2 travellers in the same Train. They both remain at a constant distance one to the other. If they don't pay attention to the environment outside the train, they may wrongly presume that they are static. But in reality they are moving albeit both at the same speed.

Besides, it is funny how you blame Teempakguy of doing the very thing you're doing. You don't constructively and scientifically argue and prove his equations and demonstrations wrong, neither do you counter his objections to your sole argument, but you regurgitate the same point - point he has already scientifically addressed - and copy and paste various videos and files from the web. On top of that you accuse him of indoctrination.

Even if Teempakguy was wrong, I don't think it is healthy nor scientific to accuse and call names, instead of addressing the issues at stake. Of course this is my humble opinion, and you are free to ridicule it or reject it.

Cheers.
brah LoJ, they are called fixed stars cuz they are fixed. they dont move . here is a list of all the fixed stars

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

wink
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 10:51am On Jan 29, 2016
hahn:

Well, seun is delivering a service and his "customers" demand topics requiring low IQ. I really do not blame him
Most of these topics don't even drive traffic... People are even complaining right there on the front page the number of useless topics that hits front page..

you see comments like "k" "ok" "next" showing people are used to such yarns over and over again.. they are bored they need something different.

Its an appeal to seun to try the science section, we have hundreds of topics that can interest the public and drive even far greater traffic.

At least 1 science topic a day is that too much to spare?

1 Like

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by hahn(m): 10:53am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
Most of these topics don't even drive traffic... People are even complaining right there on the front page the number of useless topics that hits front page..

you see comments like "k" "ok" "next" showing people are used to such yarns over and over again.. they are bored they need something different.

Its an appeal to seun to try the science section, we have hundreds of topics that can interest the public and drive even far greater traffic.

At least 1 science topic a day is that too much to spare?

My only proof is the amount of comments on THIS thread. How many people have actually commented or shown interest in it? Bro, leave matter for mathias and let's consider creating a science forum for Nigerians. Whayasay?
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by sukkot: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:
Hello to all.

@ Sukkot,

Cheers.
However if you need me to prove it scientifically and cosmically , there are three pivotal points in the universe and they are all fixed. the galactic center is fixed at 27 degrees Sagittarius. The great attractor which is the hydra-centaurus supercluster is fixed at 14 degrees Sagittarius and the Virgo A galaxy known as messier 87 is fixed at 1 degrees libra. These co-ordinate points are all fixed. i have their ephemerist celestial positions for the next 300 years in my files
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2016
hahn:

My only proof is the amount of comments on THIS thread. How many people have actually commented or shown interest in it? Bro, leave matter for mathias and let's consider creating a science forum for Nigerians. Whayasay?
People don't comment because they don't visit the science section. it is like a desolate waste land..

Attention must be given to it to bring it to the light so people can appreciate the enlightenment it offers ..

Go through all my threads (Science threads) that made the front page... You will notice how people will be "wowing" in total awe and amazement at the new information even when it is quite basic.

People appreciate these topics more than "My husband threw up, what should i do?"
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by sukkot: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Well thats a rather bold claim, just because we don't fully understand something doesn't make it 'non-sense', do you have any mathematical proof to back this up?
Or are you just going to refer me to your white bros at nasa or youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jODyhZVbTM

wink

its an electromagnetic universe. no such thing as gravity
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by RobinHez(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
Bro Gravity is not a "force"
I'm still trying to understand that.... Seeing that it fulfils the 'requirements' for forces sad
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 11:25am On Jan 29, 2016
RobinHez:
I'm still trying to understand that.... Seeing that it fulfils the 'requirements' for forces sad
Picture Space/time like an interwoven fabric.

If you place an object on a fabric the object distorts the fabrics where it rests under its weight.

so once an object is placed on a fabric it dents the fabric like i showed you with an example of you seating on a soft bed.

Any object that comes in contact with that dent with be dragged down towards the center of the dent which in this case is you.

That is gravity... "Distortion of space/time by Mass " not a force

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by bqlekan(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
Picture Space/time like an interwoven fabric.

If you place an object on a fabric the object distorts the fabrics where it rests under its weight.

so once an object is placed on a fabric it dents the fabric like i showed you with an example of you seating on a soft bed.

Any object that comes in contact with that dent with be dragged down towards the center of the dent which in this case is you.

That is gravity... "Distortion of space/time by Mass " not a force
I get your point but I still don't understand... but what actually is responsible for the distortions caused by this mass? Isn't it gravity? ( a force responsible for downward displacement)
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2016
bqlekan:

I get your point but I still don't understand... but what actually is responsible for the distortions caused by this mass? Isn't it gravity? ( a force responsible for downward displacement)
[b]You have already mentioned what is responsible and again asked what is responsible…

Mass of the object is responsible for the distortion... Ok put is in a simple term "Weight"

So any thing that comes in contact with that distortion slides down towards the bottom of the dent... that is gravity.

Do this for me: Bring a wrapper and stretch it on all four side so that the wrapper is finely flat make sure you keep it on air. (You can call 4 kids to help with this and hold each edge of the wrapper)

then bring a heavy object and keep on top of the stretched out wrapper, you will notice that the heavy object makes the fabric to sink under it's weight.

Then bring a smaller object and put it within that dent made by the heavier object in the wrapper, you will see that the smaller object slides down towards bigger object like sliding down a water way.

That is gravity... So the cause of the distortion is not gravity but rather effect of the distortion on lesser bodies. The greater the mass the deeper the dent and the stronger the effect.

this is why blackholes are monstrous because it is caused by a tiny (too small... infinite mass concentrated on a very little thing) source of infinite mass distortion space/time to an infinite point

Hope this is comprehensible enough
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
That is gravity... Hope this is comprehensible enough
yup that's gravity. I think there are videos and documentary on the web that explain it with those simple demonstrations.
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by bqlekan(m): 12:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
You have already mentioned what is responsible and again asked what is responsible…

Mass of the object is responsible for the distortion... Ok put is in a simple term "Weight"

So any thing that comes in contact with that distortion slides down towards the bottom of the dent... that is gravity.

Do this for me: Bring a wrapper and stretch it on all four side so that the wrapper is finely flat make sure you keep it on air. (You can call 4 kids to help with this and hold each edge of the wrapper)

then bring a heavy object and keep on top of the stretched out wrapper, you will notice that the heavy object makes the fabric to sink under it's weight.

Then bring a smaller object and put it within that dent made by the heavier object in the wrapper, you will see that the smaller object slides down towards bigger object like sliding down a water way.

That is gravity... Hope this is comprehensible enough

Lol, now you had to treat me like m just learning science abi grin I get your point jhur.. still thinking on this tho cheesy
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
sukkot:
brah LoJ, they are called fixed stars cuz they are fixed. they dont move . here is a list of all the fixed stars
They are fixed in relation to the earth because both are moving at the same speed. Just like the driver is fixed in relation to you the passenger. But any observer outside, will quickly notice both of you aint fixed.

Good day.
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
bqlekan:

Lol, now you had to treat me like m just learning science abi grin I get your point jhur.. still thinking on this tho cheesy
Am sorry i did, the question just "wowed" me .. didn't know any other way to explain but to start from the scratch.. Think about it, take all the time you need...
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by bqlekan(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
Am sorry i did, the question just "wowed" me .. didn't know any other way to explain but to start from the scratch.. Think about it, take all the time you need...
Lol.. thanks sha.. no qualms
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:

yup that's gravity. I think there are videos and documentary on the web that explain it with those simple demonstrations.

Wish to form a team of ASPIRING astronomers and Astro physicist and see if we can put up an observatory and get sponsors to sponsor them through deeper learning on the subject from the global astronomical giants around.

At least lay the foundation for more serious astronomical knowledge in Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:

They are fixed in relation to the earth because both are moving at the same speed. Just like the driver is fixed in relation to you the passenger. But any observer outside, will quickly notice both of you aint fixed.

Good day.
There is no way you can ever explain this to sukkot for him to grab..

He will still clutch on the conspiracy theory BS he holds on to and accuse you of indoctrination.

That's why i don't even bother, he will troll you to oblivion grin

1 Like

Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
Wish to form a team of ASPIRING astronomers and Astro physicist and see if we can put up an observatory and get sponsors to sponsor them through deeper learning on the subject from the global astronomical giants around.

At least lay the foundation for more serious astronomical knowledge in Nigeria
I think it's a great idea. It is more than time to revive the passion for science in Africa in general.
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:

I think it's a great idea. It is more than time to revive the passion for science in Africa in general.
Its time i kindle my own passion to burn bigger.. If africa likes it can stay behind, am not staying with it..

In this age of easy information technology anyone who stays in the dark is there out of his or her volition..

Am planning to build a make shift Galilean telescope to look at the night sky instead of just gazing like i usually do... Just need a pairs of good magnifying lenses.

will go to "Game" store and look for it soon
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:

Am planning to build a make shift Galilean telescope to look at the night sky instead of just gazing like i usually do... Just need a pairs of good magnifying lenses.

will go to "Game" store and look for it soon
loool. Been gazing at the night sky since I'm a teen. I probably should also get a nice telescope here. But Money no dey yet. I'm living in Frankfurt. It's quite expensive here. Trying to see if I can get second hand...

Any clue how to build a Telescope yourself?
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:

loool. Been gazing at the night sky since I'm a teen. I probably should also get a nice telescope here. But Money no dey yet. I'm living in Frankfurt. It's quite expensive here. Trying to see if I can get second hand...

Any clue how to build a Telescope yourself?
Yeah bro i know how to make something like that.

I will put it on here with picture step by step when i make one..Star gazing is my favourite part of my night time.

Gives me a sense of belong to realize am part of it all, that profound feel is almost spiritual if not so
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by sukkot: 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
There is no way you can ever explain this to sukkot for him to grab..

He will still clutch on the conspiracy theory BS he holds on to and accuse you of indoctrination.

That's why i don't even bother, he will troll you to oblivion grin
brah, you are indoctrinated. we live in a concocted matrix. everything you think you know is not what it is. but you will find out in time wink
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
sukkot:
brah, you are indoctrinated. we live in a concocted matrix. everything you think you know is not what it is. but you will find out in time wink
ok
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by sukkot: 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:

Good day.
lol you must be smoking that german weed lol.
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
Yeah bro i know how to make something like that.
I will put it on here with picture step by step when i make one..Star gazing is my favourite part of my night time.
Gives me a sense of belong to realize am part of it all, that profound feel is almost spiritual if not so

Yup bro. Definitely there is some magic in the stars. Please I'm impatiently waiting for the step by step guide to the construction of a Telescope.

In the meantime, I saw some here on the internet quite not expensive, but second hand. Will need to check the range and all that. But it could definitely be a good deal. If I hit Lagos anytime soon (as I'm willing to) remind me to get you one.
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by johnydon22(m): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:
Yup bro. Definitely there is some magic in the stars. Please I'm impatiently waiting for the step by step guide to the construction of a Telescope.

In the meantime, I saw some here on the internet quite not expensive, but second hand. Will need to check the range and all that. But it could definitely be a good deal. If I hit Lagos anytime soon (as I'm willing to) remind me to get you one.
Please touch down to 9ja soon i will be waiting for my own oo... in fact i can't wait
Re: Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) by sukkot: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
ok
everything that was concocted in the dark shall soon come to the light. all the lies. evolution, gravity, spinning earth, we evolved from monkeys , nasa went to the moon, bla bla bla. all nonsense. you will be enlightened real soon when the golden age of enlightenment dawns upon us which it will because you can see an increase in solar flares and coronal mass ejections from the sun, meaning the dawn of an atlantean era is upon us. but you will find out you have been deceived by the serpent. that old snake that was released from the bottomless pit for a little while to go deceive the world wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males / Fuelless Generator Or Free Energy Generator / Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.