Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains (2761 Views)

Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? / Advice Needed On My 1st LOW BUDGET Car / 700K - 800k Budget Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2016
Good Morning Nairalanders,
I have a budget of about 600k. I would love to buy a Nigerian used car or Tokunbo around that price range. The issue I have is that I want a car that will be durable and will be able to traverse rough terrains with minimal injuries.
This is my first. I am getting this car due to the nature of my new job.

Kindly advice accordingly. Thanks in advance
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Awaiting your thoughtful insights
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by boyesky(m): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
the best car for rough terrain is an Hilux van.... what am not sure is if ur budget will be able to buy a used one in Nigeria...
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by nurey(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
cars have low grand clearance so it isn't advice able you buy one that is if ur definition of cars are (saloon and sedan), it's preferable you buy an SUV most CUV aren't good for offroad (which is the major way bad roads look like in Nigeria) but an SUV will do all you want, but their fuel efficiency can't be compared to smaller cars. But I will give you a list of cars Nigerian used within your budget that are reliable and affordable to maintain to an extent.
1. Honda Passport
2. Isuzu trooper (not latter than 2000 model year)
3. Nissan pathfinder (1993-probably 1997)
4. toyota 4Runner/surf (1992-1996 this model has manual version)
5 Mitsubishi space bus 19xx

But if I were in your shoes, I will rather look for a bus to buy like the mazda B2200 models or the mitsubishi L300 space bus, toyota model F, nissan vanette bus and the toyota previa bus.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 1:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
I sincerely appreciate your pieces of advice.
My job requires that I travel the depth of my state daily (at least 3 in 7) approx. 250km
Note that the nature of some of the roads are unpleasant and therefore may eventually leads to wheel problems. I am also going to be using this car for personal runnings so I'm not really considering anything Van-like.
What I need is something that balance luxury with durability.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by rymesgentility(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
i have camry2.2 for sale blck biglight with no issue for sale whatsapp mewith 08068349586 if u are interested

1 Like

Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by billy187(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
Buy a Subaru Outback-VERY capable offroader , despite its saloon/estate body style it's more capable than crossovers like the Highlander, Crv, Pilot etc.....Very reliable too.

However as I'm not in Nigeria, I dunno how common they are over there, which can translate to mechanic and parts troubles.

2 Likes

Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 7:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
Subaru are so scarce here. I hardly see any on the road myself. I've never seen a Subaru ad.
I appreciate your contribution.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Originalsly: 2:26am On Jan 29, 2016
With a budget of 600K you are also looking for luxury? I suggest you look at the Toyota Matrix...4 wheel drive....that may be the best.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 7:49am On Jan 29, 2016
Originalsly:
With a budget of 600K you are also looking for luxury? I suggest you look at the Toyota Matrix...4 wheel drive....that may be the best.
Do you have for sale?
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Originalsly: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2016
DatechMan:

Do you have for sale?
No I don't.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ok.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by SeyiJay(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
billy187:
Buy a Subaru Outback-VERY capable offroader , despite its saloon/estate body style it's more capable than crossovers like the Highlander, Crv, Pilot etc.....Very reliable too.
However as I'm not in Nigeria, I dunno how common they are over there, which can translate to mechanic and parts troubles.

@OP. I quite agree with billy187. Subaru is a reliable on- and off-roader that will surprise you on trial. It's Japanese so parts aren't much of an issue. The make is quite popular as it has been around for as long as i can remember so it's not a strange ride if you are in Lagos. But i'd suggest the I4 engine type version (1.6 - 1.8L). It's OK if you consider the auto tranny option, but I won't advise you go for the V6 - it's a 3.0 L guzzler, and you may not find good mechos for that version. Consider a straight tokunbo - not naija-used and you'll enjoy your money. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
SeyiJay:

@OP. I quite agree with billy187. Subaru is a reliable on- and off-roader that will surprise you on trial. It's Japanese so parts aren't much of an issue. The make is quite popular as it has been around for as long as i can remember so it's not a strange ride if you are in Lagos. But i'd suggest the I4 engine type version (1.6 - 1.8L). It's OK if you consider the auto tranny option, but I won't advise you go for the V6 - it's a 3.0 L guzzler, and you may not find good mechos for that version. Consider a straight tokunbo - not naija-used and you'll enjoy your money. Good luck!

Do you have any for sale??
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Exponental(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
vw Passat, Toyota Carina 2......
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
How rough a terrain are we talking about here?
1999 Toyota camry might be all you need.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
0rex:
How rough a terrain are we talking about here?
1999 Toyota camry might be all you need.
Do you Have for sale??
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by iamLeo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
Talking about terrains then u can't go wrong with a nissan xterra for that budget
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
DatechMan:

Do you Have for sale??
No. But a Nigeria used one should be well within your budget. There are several used ones in the Autos section, just beware of scammers.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by tobibakare(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
I think an old model of a Nissan Xterra or toyota 4 runner surf will be Ok for ur budget
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Originalsly: 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
tobibakare:
I think an old model of a Nissan Xterra or toyota 4 runner surf will be Ok for ur budget
Hmmm....let me ask you before op..... do you have one for sale?!

2 Likes

Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Originalsly:
grin
Abi o
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by tobibakare(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
Originalsly:
no, I don't sell cars.

1 Like

Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
Originalsly:

tobibakare:

no, I don't sell cars.

You guys forcefully cracked me up. grin

iamLeo:
Talking about terrains then u can't go wrong with a nissan xterra for that budget
Do you have one for sale?
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by iamLeo(m): 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
DatechMan:

You guys forcefully cracked me up. grin

Do you have one for sale?
Search the net nairaland, olx, jiji, carxus, cheki, carmudi, etc
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by rockiedink(m): 6:09am On Feb 01, 2016
Since you are looking for...and someone said Nissan Pathfinder...

https://www.nairaland.com/2705440/neatly-used-nissan-pathfinder-now
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmm someone wants a car that can withstand rough terrains and guys are recommending Mitsubishi,vw passat,mazda et al,hmmmm
Considering ur budget I would advice u eat ur cake and have it,how?
Buy a mercedes W124 that is a V Boot that is still in standard condition either a Tokunbo or 9ja used,just be sure its well maintained and still in factory state.u will still have money left and the good thing is u don't have to spend money as the car is built for ruggedity,just buy fuel and service in due time,it will last longer than the camry,Hilux and cannot becompared to the mitsubishi and likes of mazdas,passat some suggests.
And if u feel v boot is too old buy a C Class W202 or E clas W210 if u re lucky to get one in standard condition with ur budget.
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by DatechMan(m): 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
What do you guys think about Toyota Camry 2001 V6 Engine ?
I got a good bargain. What is this V6 palava I'm hearing?
Abeg help shed light
Re: Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains by rockiedink(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
DatechMan:
What do you guys think about Toyota Camry 2001 V6 Engine ?
I got a good bargain. What is this V6 palava I'm hearing?
Abeg help shed light

That should be the 'big light'...

As long as the engine is in good condition, and the baby is ok...you're OK. Just treat it right and it'll treat you right back.

(1) (Reply)

Opion For Converting A Regular Corolla To Sporty Corolla / Need A Good Acura MDX Mechanic In Lagos Metropolitan Area / Is Mitsubishi Carisma A Good Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.