Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal (25675 Views)

Davido & Sony: What Really Went Down! / Davido Confirms He's Having A Second Child / Like Davido, Sony Music Signs Another African Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by rry807: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2016
Sony Music Entertainment has released an official statement regarding the addition of Nigerian singer- Davido, to its roster.
The one-week late press statement which was released via PR news wire, a New York based agency, takes the pressure off the star, whose fans have wondered why there was no official statement from the global company. Read full statement below....

“Sony Music Entertainment have signed accomplished musician Davido to a groundbreaking global agreement. The deal was inked at the Sony Music offices in New York and will see the American-born Nigerian recording artist release his highly anticipated sophomore album later this year.”

“In Africa, Davido is a bonafide superstar. After relocating to Nigeria from the United States aged 19, Davido set up HKN records alongside his brother and independently released the first song he ever recorded entitled, ‘Back When’. The track was an instant success and propelled Davido to national stardom as he followed this with the release of his second single and pan-African smash hit, ‘Dami Duro’. This track became one of the biggest airplay records not just on radio in Nigeria but across the continent, catapulting him to superstar status and making him one of the most sought-after artists to collaborate with widening his huge fan base and media support.”

“His debut album, ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ was released in 2012 to critical acclaim earning him countless award nominations and accolades including two MTV Africa Music Awards and the 2014 BET Award for ‘Best African Act’. A world tour followed which saw Davido perform to sell-out venues across Africa,Paris, New York and London. Today, Davido enjoys a massive social media following with a combined number of over 6 million followers across all his platforms.”

“This deal represents a step forward for Sony Music Entertainment as it grows its roots in Africa. Announcing its official presence in Lagos, Nigeria verifies Sony Music Entertainment’s decision to pursue new business via the introduction of on-the-ground operating entities in an expanded number of markets in the region. The timing of the decision is based on the convergence of a number of positive indicators in Africa’s economy and positive signs in the music industry. Davido is a shining example of this.”

“Sean Watson, Managing Director, Sony Music Entertainment Africa stated, “Working with incredible talent like Davido heralds a new era for Sony Music Entertainment Africa on the continent. We couldn’t be prouder of our partnership with Davido and we are extremely keen to support his vision to succeed at the highest level in our industry.”

Adam Granite, President, Northern and Eastern Europeand Africa commented.

“We are thrilled to welcome Davido into the Sony Music family. We are very much looking forward to bringing one of Africa’sbiggest stars to the world. We are also excited to partner with Kamal Ajiboye, Davido’s manager as well as Efe Ogbeni, who will be executive producing the album on our behalf.”

“Music is the universal language that unites and betters the world. It’s always been my dream to take my music and culture to all corners of the world so I’m blessed to be partnering with Sony Music Entertainment on this next chapter. My number one aim is to make my fans and Africa proud,” Davido said.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by rry807: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2016
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by yusaze2007: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by pretydiva(f): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2016
So undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Michellla(f): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2016
I didnt read it.
but congrats.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Daminaj2(f): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2016
wink

Hey Guys Visit www.Daminaj.com

Best New Entertainment / News Site

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by measideyhere(m): 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
Daminaj2:
wink
u are wellcome..dont mention...i get winks often.

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by theshaderoom: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
K
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ok..."In Africa, Davido is a bonafide superstar....." Nonsense write-up, can't they give Nigeria some credit undecided

I have read the entire press release and can conclude that the voices of the cultural mediators are still very much around in Africa. They are better armed with vestiges of colonial education and write our story (their way). Even on the surface of things, Davido has invested so much in himself thereby positioned as Nigeria's finest at the moment.

7 Likes

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by abbaapple: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
I said it again must evrytn make fp?? shocked
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
Good development

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by kennosklint(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
Wetin kor happen mtcheeew
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Sijo01(f): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Waiting for babydo davido to rant more cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Immanuelo: 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Victorchuks4(m): 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
New year new deal

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
All this pooooh ain't making civil servant get paid on time

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Raymondville(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
Congracts to him.

Have you heard of GLUCOFIT that has the ability to reverse type 2 diabetes and therefore normalize your blood sugar? Check www.naturehealthoptions.com/diabetes.html for more information.

You will come back and thank me.
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by egedege1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
rry807:
Sony Music Entertainment has released an official statement regarding the addition of Nigerian singer- Davido, to its roster.
The one-week late press statement which was released via PR news wire, a New York based agency, takes the pressure off the star, whose fans have wondered why there was no official statement from the global company. Read full statement below....

“Sony Music Entertainment have signed accomplished musician Davido to a groundbreaking global agreement. The deal was inked at the Sony Music offices in New York and will see the American-born Nigerian recording artist release his highly anticipated sophomore album later this year.”

“In Africa, Davido is a bonafide superstar. After relocating to Nigeria from the United States aged 19, Davido set up HKN records alongside his brother and independently released the first song he ever recorded entitled, ‘Back When’. The track was an instant success and propelled Davido to national stardom as he followed this with the release of his second single and pan-African smash hit, ‘Dami Duro’. This track became one of the biggest airplay records not just on radio in Nigeria but across the continent, catapulting him to superstar status and making him one of the most sought-after artists to collaborate with widening his huge fan base and media support.”

“His debut album, ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ was released in 2012 to critical acclaim earning him countless award nominations and accolades including two MTV Africa Music Awards and the 2014 BET Award for ‘Best African Act’. A world tour followed which saw Davido perform to sell-out venues across Africa,Paris, New York and London. Today, Davido enjoys a massive social media following with a combined number of over 6 million followers across all his platforms.”

“This deal represents a step forward for Sony Music Entertainment as it grows its roots in Africa. Announcing its official presence in Lagos, Nigeria verifies Sony Music Entertainment’s decision to pursue new business via the introduction of on-the-ground operating entities in an expanded number of markets in the region. The timing of the decision is based on the convergence of a number of positive indicators in Africa’s economy and positive signs in the music industry. Davido is a shining example of this.”

“Sean Watson, Managing Director, Sony Music Entertainment Africa stated, “Working with incredible talent like Davido heralds a new era for Sony Music Entertainment Africa on the continent. We couldn’t be prouder of our partnership with Davido and we are extremely keen to support his vision to succeed at the highest level in our industry.”

Adam Granite, President, Northern and Eastern Europeand Africa commented.

“We are thrilled to welcome Davido into the Sony Music family. We are very much looking forward to bringing one of Africa’sbiggest stars to the world. We are also excited to partner with Kamal Ajiboye, Davido’s manager as well as Efe Ogbeni, who will be executive producing the album on our behalf.”

“Music is the universal language that unites and betters the world. It’s always been my dream to take my music and culture to all corners of the world so I’m blessed to be partnering with Sony Music Entertainment on this next chapter. My number one aim is to make my fans and Africa proud,” Davido said.

Iyalaiyala......... FP tinz

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by sirugos(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hard work pays... Congratulations davido

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
aiit....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by annyberry: 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Michellla:
I didnt read it. but congrats.
same here I also did not read it
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chai!
Davido just got a bunch of guys , a pen and paper to pose for this picture. grin

5 Likes

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by NaLaugh: 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Where's the source?

It's obvious Davido wouldn't fake a signing.
However, this post only shows a bunch of quotes written in "Nigerian English," with no official source. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by hyann: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
Wow
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mod source pls....

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Whizkeey(m): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
G
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by pretydiva(f): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
Good 4 him

1 Like

Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Michellla(f): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
annyberry:
same here I also did not read it
gringrin
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by banom(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Congrats.
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by danbrowndmf(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Re: Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal by Catchfire1: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Did you guys as him to do a 'Live' solo audition without playback and those boys running around him distracting people? undecided

His audio tracks are dope though so i guess you know best. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

RMD 'Dab' As He Lands In Edinburgh (photos) / Singer, Di'ja Celebrates Her Baby's Birthday / Wizkid Plays African Gong As He Parties In Ghana While Nigerians Decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.