Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,425 members, 7,781,240 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? (3082 Views)

SOLD Very Clean UK Used Toshiba Satellite Pro S500 (core i5)Is For Sale SOLD / 32-bit Versus 64-bit: What You Should Know / Uk Used HP And Toshiba Laptops For Sale For Just 35,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2016
hello,I wanna get a new PC but still contemplating on buying hp or Toshiba.. my previous PC was dell and I enjoyed it though but i wanna port...your candid advice is highly appreciated...
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Bethh: 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
why don't you stick with hp...

better aftersales support.
better resale value.
and fairly better durability
more modest spec sheet also in comparison with Toshibas of same price range.

so yeah.. hp
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 6:44am On Jan 31, 2016
Bethh:
why don't you stick with hp...

better aftersales support.
better resale value.
and fairly better durability
more modest spec sheet also in comparison with Toshibas of same price range.

so yeah.. hp
thanks for the advice,actually I want to get a HP but word on the street is that their PCs overheat...have you experience such issues with HP?
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Bethh: 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Abudu2000:
thanks for the advice,actually I want to get a HP but word on the street is that their PCs overheat...have you experience such issues with HP?

make sure it's an intel core i3, i5 or i7 and I think I'll be good
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by udemzyudex(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Abudu2000:

That's one thing holding me back, overheating issue on hp especially the Elitebook dues to closely pack chips, according to what I read...
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
udemzyudex:

That's one thing holding me back, overheating issue on hp especially the Elitebook dues to closely pack chips, according to what I read...

bro you know what I find very funny,is that every engineer's shop is filled with HP and less Toshiba and yet they still recommend HP for you.

1 Like

Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
udemzyudex:

bro a real engineer today told me that HP is just overhyped and Toshiba have stepped up their game,if I can get this same confirmation and assurance from two more I think I will take my chances with Toshiba satellite, already plan on ordering from jumia
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by udemzyudex(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Abudu2000:
bro a real engineer today told me that HP is just overhyped and Toshiba have stepped up their game,if I can get this same confirmation and assurance from two more I think I will take my chances with Toshiba satellite, already plan on ordering from jumia

I feel the reason why HP is recommend is the easy to find spare part.
I remember telling a software engineer that I want to buy lenovo and he said the part are hard to find unlike HP.

some of this brand like Acer, Toshiba have step up their game including Dell, now that HP have split I hope they will find a solution to their overheating problem.

I'm considering dell or lenovo now.
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
udemzyudex:

I feel the reason why HP is recommend is the easy to find spare part.
I remember telling a software engineer that I want to buy lenovo and he said the part are hard to find unlike HP.

some of this brand like Acer, Toshiba have step up their game including Dell, now that HP have split I hope they will find a solution to their overheating problem.

I'm considering dell or lenovo now.
yea I heard they have split but what could a single entity achieve that they couldn't a attain as a team
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by udemzyudex(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Abudu2000:
yea I heard they have split but what could a single entity achieve that they couldn't a attain as a team

I guess there are rules and regulations that govern how they produce, now that they have split I believe one will want to do better than the other.
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
pls engineers so t just look and pass by,say something
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by hugafella(m): 4:37am On Feb 13, 2016
I will always recommend TOSHIBA. Still with the one I got in 2006. It's over 10 yrs & no single issue. Avoid HP, to avoid BP.
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by nadalion: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2016
What make of toshiba do u recommend?
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by airsaylongcon: 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
nadalion:
What make of toshiba do u recommend?

Go for the satellites series if you are on a budget. Toshiba are to laptops what German machines are to cars
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by nadalion: 5:49am On Feb 14, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Go for the satellites series if you are on a budget. Toshiba are to laptops what German machines are to cars
Please be specific on the particular type noting that i need the laptop for entertainment and slight gaming, thank you.
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by Abudu2000(m): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
hugafella:
I will always recommend TOSHIBA. Still with the one I got in 2006. It's over 10 yrs & no single issue. Avoid HP, to avoid BP.
thanks for your vote of confidence.many are still recommending Toshiba for me and even a friend that bought HP pavilion not too long is now a frequent costumer to the engineer's shop
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by donpata(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Anyone used to the Computer world knows that Toshiba and Dell are way over HP. I will pick HP over others just cos its cheaper. I prefer Acer though. Cheap and Durable. Lets say Toshiba is to Benz, Dell is to BMW, Acer is to Toyota and HP is to Honda. lol

my tiny opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by nadalion: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2016
donpata:
Anyone used to the Computer world knows that Toshiba and Dell are way over HP. I will pick HP over others just cos its cheaper. I prefer Acer though. Cheap and Durable. Lets say Toshiba is to Benz, Dell is to BMW, Acer is to Toyota and HP is to Honda. lol

my tiny opinion sha
Thanks man. Is the toshiba c850-f0070 a good buy at 80k? Opinions please
Re: Hp Versus Toshiba Laptops?? by CharlyG1: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
I have a new Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop(pure black).. It is core i3 Intel processor @2.10ghz quad core..
It's good for heavy multi tasking, multimedia, games etc.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Uk Used Hp Probook 4320s Core I5 4gb Ram 320gb Hdd With Guarantee / How Do I Identify The Chipset In My Wireless Card? / How To Open A Verified Paypal Account From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.