Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,731 members, 7,802,210 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo (30756 Views)

FG Tompolo Is Innocent. Use Him To Bring Peace In Niger Delta! / DSS Arrests Ikenga Ugochinyere, Saraki’s Aide Over Plot Against FG / Borno Residents Reaction Against Fg’s Plan To Negotiate With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by ijustdey: 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
* Says he’ll appear in court when he’s ready

Under fire former militant leader, Chief Government Ekpemupolo (aka Tompolo), seems to have backtracked in his face-off with the law, as he has now indicated his preparedness to appear before the court to answer to multibillion naira corruption fraud accusation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He said “I will appear in court at the appropriate time.”

Tompolo, in a statement early Thursday morning, disclosed that his legal team is finalising moves towards his day in court.
A statement by Comrade Paul Bebenimibo, Tompolo’s media aide, denied his involvement in the January 15 bombing of oil facilities in Warri.

He also denied reports credited to his erstwhile colleague and comrade in arms, Mr Africanus Ukpasia that he (Tompolo) is amassing tools to go to war with the Federal Government, stressing that he remained bounded by the terms of his 2009 amnesty deal.
Ukpasia, who has since fallen out with the former MEND leader, also alleged that Tompolo masterminded the wanton destruction of gas and crude pipelines in Warri area of Delta state.

Bebenimibo, however, maintained: “Chief Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo) has consistently maintained that he has no hand in the recent bombing of oil pipelines in the creeks of Delta State.
“Let it be known to Nigerians and the entire World that, Tompolo will never wage a war against the Federal Government, as he has sworn in 2009 when he accepted the Presidential amnesty declared by late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

“He has kept faith with Nigeria. He has promised to work with the present administration unconditionally, and he stands by that declaration.
“He was seriously troubled by the recent pipeline bombing incident, because he has provided security for these pipelines even when the government refused to pay him. And so, he could not have been the one to damage same pipelines.”

Speaking on allegation that he is acquiring speed boats for war, he said “it is the biggest lie of the year, as the military is also aware of the boats and pick-up vans he purchased in 2011 for the surveillance of oil facilities as he was working hand in hand with the military then.
“Tompolo is a man of peace and he is poised for the development of the coastal Niger Delta region. He prays that this matter be amicably resolved so that everyone will know that he always put his people above his person gains.”

He recalled that before the bombing incident, he alerted the public that some aggrieved All Progressives Congress (APC) members in Bayelsa and Delta States want to destroy National assets, especially oil pipelines in the Delta Niger as a result of the outcome of the 2015 governorship election of Bayelsa State, where the APC lost the election.

He said the masterminds who carried out the acts are the ones pointing accusing fingers at him to further worsen his case with the APC-led Federal Government.
“And true to his fears, these set of APC chieftains that joined the party immediately after the presidential election of 2015, were the first people to accuse him of bombing the pipelines to divert public attention.

“These new APC members who the former chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, described as parasites, also threatened to cause problem in the Niger Delta region if the pipeline surveillance contract in Delta State already awarded to Messers Ocean Marine Solution is not re-awarded to them.
“This is a clear testimony of their involvement in the bombing of the pipelines. Since then, we all have seen their role in misleading the military and the general public.

“Now, it could be recalled that this same Africanus Ukparasia threatened Tompolo not to show interest in the elections, as he was a strong supporter of the APC candidate. He killed and maimed fellow Ijaw people because of a governorship election, and now he is the one accusing Tompolo of bombing pipelines.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/i-will-not-wage-war-against-fg-tompolo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by BankeSmalls(f): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is disappointing! Am already waiting to see the start of the 3rd world war starting from Nigeria tongue

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2016

Tonyebarcanista.... Your terrain... Are you on ground?

Sickstars
Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
I so like this man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
angels09:

Tonyebarcanista.... Your terrain... Are you on ground

Sickstars
This is not unexpected. Only those that don't know an average Ijawman will expect Tompolo to embark on suicide mission. I'm happy for his position.

“I will appear in court at the appropriate time.”
I'm proud of Tompolo for heeding sane direction. I still pray that justice will be done in his case whichever way it swing(though prosecutor Keyamo is yet to win a judgement for EFCC).

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
IzonOwei bros Tompolo don say him go appear for court. When I de tell una say it is the appropriate route una de run mouth.

Oya make you come read ooo

17 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
Blame Indigeneous People of Biafra (IPOB) if you have nothing to contribute.

They are reason for Nigeria's present economic slowdown and the champions of corruption in Nigeria. angry angry angry angry angry

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Aufbauh(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ipob will be disappointed with Tompolo, their reigning warlord that will make the zoo to fall has decided not to embark on mission impossible.

They built their hope on Asari, Asari ran to cotonu.
They trooped behind the deluded Nnamdi Kanu as a savior, he was cheaply arrested and taken to the dungeon.
They turned to Tompolo, lo and behold he dash their hope.

Ipob who do you turn to when the only person that will stop you from crying is exactly the same person making you to cry? cheesy

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Demdem(m): 12:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
Coward...............but ur online fools were saying something else. that they are ready to burn Nigeria.
Before u come out, just know that ur chances for bail is very low. U didnt show up when the judge asked u to show up.
U will be spending quite an appreciable number of days in Kirikiri. warn ur supporters to take heart.

28 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aufbauh:
Ipob will disappointed with Tompolo
They should go to court... Tompolo has spoken like a wise man. The ijaws aren't at war with Buhari or the FG!

14 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aufbauh:
Ipob will disappointed with Tompolo

Yes, we (IPOB) are responsible for all problems in Nigeria and deserve to be hanged in gallows.

Poor Igbo children, women and youths, second genocide loading!

5 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Progressive01(m): 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
News like this are the major reason I keep insisting Tompolo isn't behind the latest bombings and sabotage of oil installations in the ND.

Tompolo certainly doesn't want to have any major confrontation with the FG.

I know some people who've been receiving the news of potential escalation of violence in the Niger Delta with sheer excitement would frown at this noble position he's taken. It was their hope an unstable ND would quicken the realisation of their fabled Utopia.

Tompolo should simply give himself up and assist the FG with credible info as to the people behind the latest incidents. He isn't above the law.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
IzonOwei bros Tompolo don say him go appear for court. When I de tell una say it is the appropriate route una de run mouth.

Oya make you come read ooo
let him appear na..

After that make buhari agree to resource control..

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
Demdem:
Coward...............but ur online fools were saying something else. that they are ready to burn Nigeria.
Before u come out, just know that ur chances for bail is very low. U didnt show up when the judge asked u to show up.
U will be spending quite an appreciable number of days in Kirikiri. warn ur supporters to take heart.
Bros, why you de call am coward? Shey him send anybody message to blow hot air on his behalf? Abeg free the guy jare. You de always de vex like say person de follow you drag your wife.

Calm down baba...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by KINGwax(m): 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pls , do
Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by LordAdam: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
The Supreme court victory of Wike, Jonathan's comment on the armsgate, and Tompolo's press release are connected. They all happened within 24 hours.

The keyword is "at the appropriate time." Jonathan used that phrase too.

-Lord

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
Progressive01:
News like this are the major reason I keep insisting Tompolo isn't behind the latest bombings and sabotage of oil installations in the ND.

Tompolo certainly doesn't want to have any major confrontation with the FG.

I know some people who've been receiving the news of potential escalation of violence in the Niger Delta with sheer excitement would frown at this noble position he's taken. It was their hope an unstable ND would quicken the realisation of their fabled Utopia.

Tompolo should simply give himself up and assist the FG with credible info as to the people behind the latest incidents. He isn't above the law.
He said he will appear in court. It's in the article

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Aufbauh(m): 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
To me IPOB is not all about Igbo even though the meaning of the abbreviation connote it.
Ipob is a platform for discounted irredentist be it a southerner or northerner wishing my beloved country evil simply because he/she lost out.

IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Yes, we (IPOB) are responsible for all problems in Nigeria and deserve to be hanged in gallows.

Poor Igbo children, women and youths, second genocide loading!

Please don't commit suicide or genocide ooo. shocked

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Progressive01(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Blame Indigeneous People of Biafra (IPOB) if you have nothing to contribute.

They are reason for Nigeria's present economic slowdown and the champions of corruption in Nigeria. angry angry angry angry angry
Guilty conscience.

I know how sad you and others like you who've been beating the drums of war and cheering the criminals on would be reading this news.

There would be no major confrontation between the militants and the army- bad for yall Ipod apologists.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by peacengine(m): 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
He will remain in prison if he tries it, mumu
Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by gbengaizzHe: 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
I'm back.... Review ur comments before you post them

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Progressive01(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aufbauh:
To me IPOB is not all about Igbo even though the meaning of the abbreviation connote it.
Ipob is a platform for discounted irredentist be it a southerner or northerner wishing my beloved country evil simply because they lost out.

Please don't commit suicide or genocide ooo. shocked

Such a shame the old man even identifies with that body of TAN scoundrels masquerading under a different banner.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
IzonOwei:
let him appear na..

After that make buhari agree to resource control..

Amen o

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
Come to court and see

“I will appear in court at the appropriate time." Tompolo (Economic crimes)
“I will speak at the appropriate time." Jonathan (Armsgate)
“I will reply at the appropriate time." Dogara (OBJ's letter)
"I will become governor at the appropriate time." Faleke (Kogi election)

11 Likes

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by anigbajumo(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
wait I still dey look for IPOB saviour after Asari.......he dnt even knw what Biafra is

Kalu......he dey enjoy raw beans like bread and butter in prison.

Tompolo...don dey use style beg, make dem stop target him coz he will soon appear in court.

Abeg who go lead da war front again??protest now till eternity, it doesn't stop the fact that is a DAY DREAM OF OJUKWU.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by hyann: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
Talking of war pls ooo
Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by EastanPower(m): 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Tompolo is just a first class eediot.

We don't need all these useless preaching from him, all we want from him is to obey court orders and surrender himself to the Nigerian authorities.

He should return all our stolen billions with him that could be used to pay salaries of civil servants.

Tompolo abi gbomopolo, just surrender yourself, simple and short.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by kennyman2000(m): 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Etizz: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Understatement.... It should be I cannot not I will not....

He should know better

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Is this crazy nigga now more than Nigerian law Wtf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

”seek Other Avenues For Your Relevance”: Nigeria Army Blasts Gov Fayose / Nigerians Demand Arrest Of Agbazuere, Sacked Abia COS. Police Keep Mum / Lai Mohammed: Impeachment Threat From Senate Is Unnecessary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.