Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 PM

James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" (21448 Views)

King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS / Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister / Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by JumiR: 1:40am On Jan 29, 2016
…says case not concluded

By Tare Youdeowei

Former Delta State governor, Chief James Ibori, has expressed shock at a statement, credited to the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami, SAN, that about 6.9 million British Pounds Sterling was being expected as Ibori loot.

A statement by Mr. Tony Eluemunor, his Media Assistant, said “There is no Ibori loot anywhere in the world. Such money, whether in British pounds, American dollars or the Nigerian naira just does not exist. This is because the Ibori London trial is not yet over. It is an incontrovertible fact that the confiscation hearing has not started at all, and remains months away into the future.

Ibori
Ibori
“This makes it disappointing that a high official of state such as the Attorney-General may have been misled into believing that an Ibori loot not only exists anywhere, but he even put a figure (6.9 million pounds) to it.

“With all due respect to the Minister and the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, it is curious that such a misleading statement could have come less than a week that dozens of well-respected foreign media organisations, including the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, The Times of London, The Guardian of London, and a host of Nigerian news outlets reported that the case against Ibori and his associates have become shaky as some operatives of the London Metropolitan Police have been accused of bribery and corruption in the course of their investigations. Thus, at the January 21, 2016 hearing, the prosecution was forced to withdraw its case against one of Ibori’s counsel, Mr. Bradesh Gohil.

“It had charged Gohil of leaking fabricated documents to media organisations and members of (British) Parliament, but Gohil turned the case against the Police, accusing them of misleading the court with tainted evidence from corrupt operatives and of withholding key documents which could have proved police corruption.”

Eluemunor said that he assumed that the Minister might have been misquoted and so did not issue a rebuttal immediately, but it was only when he failed to retract the statement after 24 hours that he decided to give Nigerians (including the Minister) the true perspective of the Ibori London trial and state categorically that the so called “Ibori Loot” Mr. Abubakar Malami saw as a “low hanging fruit ripe for plucking” must have been a terrible mirage.

“This has done nothing though to affect in any way, the high regard Chief Ibori and his Media Office have for President Buhari, his administration and ministers, including the Justice Minister, Mr. Malami. Chief Ibori wishes them well in their stated bid to leave a better Nigeria than they found it.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/ibori-to-justice-minister-no-ibori-loot-anywhere/

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by mistarsam(m): 2:41am On Jan 29, 2016
make dem shift + delete joor. see thief dey explain the amount wey he thief...lobbish

15 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by chriskosherbal(m): 3:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Hmmmm..
Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by TimeManager(m): 3:19am On Jan 29, 2016
Wailing buffoons o ya come and buttlick james ibori. I think british prison is a funfare which is why a convicted thief could muster so much guts correcting figures. If he were to have served his term in kuje thereafter spent another 6months for treatment, he wouldn't have have this luxury.
The truth has spoken!

23 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by OhimaiTours: 4:49am On Jan 29, 2016
Eyah, I miss sir Ibori sha..
I guess he has served his terms and will soon be free.

4 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by medtoks: 5:20am On Jan 29, 2016
So in essence some of these acclaimed Abacha loots been recovered aren't true. I guessed as much,because the recovery seems endless...May God help this country

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by Pavore9: 6:00am On Jan 29, 2016
The impression one is getting is that lbori was wrongfully sentenced and jailed by the British judiciary!

15 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by Slikbae: 6:18am On Jan 29, 2016
everyone claims not to have stolen, yet theres bad roads, delapitated health care system etc.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by CACAWA(m): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2016
If this man does not shut up...I see EFCC reopening his case in Nigeria very soon.

6 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by gunuvi(m): 7:12am On Jan 29, 2016
Oya to you malami. I am interested in the message and not the messenger because I am not a zombie like some people that doent reason at all cos they has no brain.

19 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by Ovamboland(m): 7:50am On Jan 29, 2016
So Ibori decided to plead guilty to money laundering offences in UK he did not commit in order to go on 13 years vacation in jail.

lol at no Ibori loot existing anywhere in the world, such tales can only sell with their confirmed MUMU

24 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by efilefun(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2016
This people must think Nigerians are fools ooo, so you went to prison for 13 just for the fun of it without committing any offense Abegiii park well and return the looted yams to the barn

11 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by gbengaizzHe: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2016
James Ibori? Mscheeeww! I even think say na better person

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by engrjosefz(m): 8:20am On Jan 29, 2016
ok
Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2016
Liar Liar pants on fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by lielbree: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2016
We believe you sir. Can't wait for your release

4 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by kulobyno: 8:23am On Jan 29, 2016
Ok
Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by kennyman2000(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by jordyspices: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2016
Ibori james if only u were in in kuje prison angry

7 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by imsuboi(m): 8:24am On Jan 29, 2016
covered his tracks carefully..

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by Moz22: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2016
Joker!
Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by Naxy80: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2016
Good Morning all

[size=23pt]Heart Touching story!!! This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!![/size]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

One young man went to
apply for a managerial
position in a big company.
He passed the initial
interview, and now would
meet the director for the
final interview.
The director discovered
from his CV that the youth’s
academic achievements
were excellent.

He asked,
“Did you obtain any
scholarships in school?”
the youth answered “no”.
” Was it your father who
paid for your school fees?”
“My father passed away
when I was one year old, it
was my mother who paid
for my schoolfees.” he
replied.
” Where did your mother
work?”
“My mother worked as
clothes cleaner.”
The director requested the
youth to show his hands.
The youth showed a pair of
hands that were smooth
and perfect.

” Have you ever helped
your mother wash the
clothes before?”
“Never, my mother always
wanted me to study and
read more books. Besides,
my mother can wash
clothes faster than me.
The director said, “I have a
request. When you go
home today, go and clean
your mother’s hands, and
then see me tomorrow
morning.

The youth felt that his
chance of landing the job
was high. When he went
back home, he asked his
mother to let him clean her
hands. His mother felt
strange, happy but with
mixed feelings, she showed
her hands to her son.
[/b]
Read-The-Rest-Here
Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by moneybag100: 8:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Omo UK prison must really full of leisure o.....if na kirikiri u dey wey u dey eat watery beans, wey mosquitoe and TB don condemn your life, you go get mouth to dey talk this trash?

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by francisbiz: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2016
TimeManager:
Wailing buffoons o ya come and buttlick james ibori. I think british prison is a funfare which is why a convicted thief could muster so much guts correcting figures. If he were to have served his term in kuje thereafter spent another 6months for treatment, he wouldn't have have this luxury.
The truth has spoken!
Only in Nigeria you could here people who are supposed to be reputable sing praises for convicts who are even in jail. It is a very nasty recklessness, because children and youths are erroneously learning.

6 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" by ademega(m): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2016
as in?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas: Ebonyi Indigenes Lambast Umahi For Donating 300 Bags Of Rice To Abuja / Adeleke Was Given Overdose Of Banned Injection – LAUTECH CMD / Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.