Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Tell Us About Your Favourite Book - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book (20862 Views)

The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? / Get Updates About Your Favourite Missing Writer / Tell Us About The Best Stories You've Ever Read On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Spongia1(m): 3:23pm On May 22, 2016
Anything Sandra Brown, John Grisham, Nora Roberts and J.K Rowling (Harry Potter books(
armadeo:

sorry thats a typo i meant other authors you also like so i can group send it i have them.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Jack188: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2016
I guess, my favourite book is Tom Sawyer by M.Twain. I liked it when I was a kid, and I like it nowadays as well. It is a really great masterpiece. By the way, if you like literature, I can recommend you to look at the quiz I found on http://bid4papers.com/blog/guess-the-writer/ It is very interesting for such literature lovers like we are. Share your score here smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by jaci02: 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
The best book in the world MY BIBLE.

Every other one is second.

Not many people on this thread has mentioned an autobiography.

And I don't think anyone here has ever read "Black Boy".

It was written by Richard Wright. I believe that his life's story as narrated in the book is the closest description of what life was like for black people living in America in the early centuries. Most especially in the South.

The amazing thing about this book is that when you're reading it, it somehow makes you picture yourself in that exact time and place as the events unfold.

It's more than a novel, it makes you laugh, it makes you cry and most times it makes you ponder. At times you wish you were there inside as the story is being told.

But most of all, it makes you appreciate the life you're living now and the time and era in which you've been born.

It's a book for deep minds and one of the best accounts of a true life story I've ever come across.

Richard Wright's style of writing is simply captivating.

Give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by chiwetel(f): 6:12am On Jun 24, 2016
It would be unfair to have a favourite. I have read quite a number of good books.
AMERICANNAH BY CHIMAMANDA,I really enjoyed the ifemelu character.
Used to be a huge fan of NORA ROBERTS back then in sec school, she writes a combination of all,romance,crime, suspense. Very thrilling.

But in all,I think REDEEMING LOVE BY FRANCINE RIVERS is the most outstanding thus far,that book is priceless smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Ndipe(m): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2020
I agree with you, I also like "The Narrow Path" by Francis Selormey. Since I read that book, I have had the desire to visit Ghana and check out the man's family home. I connected with the man's son as well as his grandson, and the son has invited me over.

Darey00:
I am a book freak. My top books and quotes will have to be:

1. Wary Transgressor by James Hadley Chase.. man i love this book. It tells a story about an army deserter in Milan trying to get a living and at the same tine trying to get an American passport,legally or illegally. The ending was shocking sha.

Quote: (Hennessy) well the General is the worst of the lot. A single dirt on his ashtray and you are in 2 weeks hard labour

2. Black Boy by Richard Wright: this autobiography of a boy living in the American south when racial segregation was still a thing

3. HARRY POTTER SERIES.. my fav character would ne Lord Voldermout. lol

4. Animal farm by George Orwell
Fav quote: ALL MEN ARE EQUAL,BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN THE OTHERS

5. The Narrow Path by Francis Selormey

6. Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER

7. Chike and the River by Chinua Achebe

8. Without a Silver spoon (forgot the author)

9. Eze goes to school

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black / Deleted Post / What's The Worst Grammatical Error You Have Ever Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.