Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal (5163 Views)

Nassarawa Lawmakers In Free For All Fight / Court Of Appeals Sacks Seven APC Lawmakers In Ogun / List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by bigfather(m): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2009
[b]THE crisis in Ogun State involving G 15 members of the House of Assembly was triggered by a blood oath taken at a shrine in Ijebu-Igbo, Ijebu North Local Government, last year, the Nigerian Compass learnt last night. The members took the oath to ensure a united front against Governor Gbenga Daniel.
The oath was sponsored by some politicians including the father of a prominent politician in Abuja, a Senator, a former South-West governor, a former minister and another prominent politician in Ogun State.
The oath, which was taken naked by the members and in daylight, was witnessed by the sponsors and the native doctors, the administrators of the oath.
Items used for the oath included blood, cow heads, calabash and other fetish materials.
Each participant swore to upholding opposition to Daniel at all times and submitted to the death of their first born, should they renege on the oath.
Each of them was required to mention the name of their first child in the course of the oath, setting in motion serious consequences for the children should their fathers go back on the prescribed course of opposition.
The Nigerian Compass learnt that the finality of this oath is why prominent traditional rulers such as the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, the Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Michael Sonariwo, and other prominent leaders such as Prince Bola Ajibola, General Tunji Olurin and Yeye Oodua H.I.D. Awolowo were unable to persuade them to change their stance.
In exclusive photographs obtained by the Nigerian Compass, one of those who took the oath, Hon. Wale Alausa, representing Ijebu-Ode State Constituency and a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is seen holding a white article of oath, standing in front of a calabash filled with blood at the shrine.
The photographs were taken by the initiators of the oath to blackmail the G 15 members and prevent them from reneging. The Nigerian Compass obtained some of the photographs following a disagreement in the camp of the initiators.
Behind him in the photograph on the right taken outside the shrine (with his hand showing) is one of the native doctors who administered the oath. The photograph on the left was taken inside the shrine. A source said last night: “It is because of the oath that the crisis in the state has been protracted. They have vowed that nobody or nothing will stop them from achieving their goal, which is to impeach the governor and make the state ungovernable.
“This lawmaker called Alausa was jobless when his father, Alhaji Agboola Alausa, took him to the governor and the governor made him a special assistant in the office of the deputy governor. Even when he was working with Alhaja Salmot Badru, the deputy governor was not happy with him because of the various scandals he was involved in.
“In 2007, the father also begged that he should be made a lawmaker and the state PDP respected his view by giving the Ijebu-Ode State Constituency to his son.

“But since Wale Alausa and other members of the G 15 seized the Assembly in a coup last year, peace has eluded the state. That is why they are blocking the N50 billion bond and embarrassing members of the executive under the cover of oversight functions.”[/b]
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by congoshine(m): 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tell me its not true . . . , ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by multebrain(m): 12:01am On Jun 29, 2009
HEHEHHEHEH THE WHOLE WORLD MUST NOT SEE THIS EMBARASMENT THINK THIS PEOPLE SHOULD BE JAILED FOR EMBARASSING NIGERIA AS A WHOLE THIS IS RUBBISH
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by ifyalways(f): 12:22am On Jun 29, 2009
una don come again sad
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Lagosboy: 12:28am On Jun 29, 2009
This is just kettle calling pot black, Both OGD and the lawmakers are all involved in jazz. A top top Ogun politician once told me that before the PDP convention in 2003 OGD made all the delegates swear inside a coffin before giving them the bribe to vote him in. Nigerian politics is full of fetish practises and that is the reality for anyone in denial. Any JJC that strays into mainstream politcs without understanding the dynamics of the spiritual aspect & violence of Nigerian politics will live to regret it.

Soon people have forgotten the Ekiti Dr who worked for the world bank that was assistanated before the 2007 elections, not forgeting Funsho Williams and a host of others. If they dont get u spirirtually they will then attack u physically i guess.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by kaypumpin2(m): 1:25am On Jun 29, 2009
Yet more show of shame . . . .  . cry

Nothing unprecedented,if one considers the Uba-Ngige saga.And didn't they photoshopped(?) Theo Orji's pic too TO bring a fetish and occultic perspective at one point in order for his election to be nullified?

The fact that Compass,a media outfit i believe Daniel is their benefactor reported the below excerpt is shameful;

“This lawmaker called Alausa was jobless when his father, Alhaji Agboola Alausa, took him to the governor and the governor made him a special assistant in the office of the deputy governor. Even when he was working with Alhaja Salmot Badru, the deputy governor was not happy with him because of the various scandals he was involved in.
“In 2007, the father also begged that he should be made a lawmaker and the state PDP respected his view by giving the Ijebu-Ode State Constituency to his son.
   “But since Wale Alausa and other members of the G 15 seized the Assembly in a coup last year, peace has eluded the state. That is why they are blocking the N50 billion bond and embarrassing members of the executive under the cover of oversight functions.”

A man in scandal was given the Ijebu-Ode State Constituency not because the people wanted him or he merited the position BUT because his father begged the Gov'nor.This country needs a urgent salvation from this precipice.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by dean2725: 3:10am On Jun 29, 2009
speechless!!!
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by courage89(m): 4:50am On Jun 29, 2009
Compass printed this because N50 billion Bond is having difficulties passing through proper protocol.
Election is coming up and I guess OGD need to raise enough money so bad therefore, resulting into this shameful sort of blackmale is the last resort. On the other hand, i am not condoning nor am i supporting any cultist / fetish act in politics. This is just ridiculous, how does the people get the best of their elected officials with all these stupidity going on. God save the people of Ogun State.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Jakumo(m): 6:16am On Jun 29, 2009
I am still at a loss with regards the benefits attainable when obese gentlemen expose their shrivelled little wee-wees in this way. I would imagine such repulsive Instruments exposure would OFFEND the gods, rather than please them.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Tudor6(f): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2009
And to think tommorow one of these naked men might become president. . . .*shivers*
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by guysmat(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2009
OMG!!! Proudly Nigerian ba? cry undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by biola44: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by largie(f): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2009
gateway state indeed sad
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by philip0906(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2009
i RECOGNISE DAT MAN.He is one of those men that come to pick those OOU babes on friday evenings.awon boyz must c this shocked shocked
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by moneygurl: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2009
How Daniel Forced Me To Take Oath —Lawmaker

[b]Honourable Wale Alausa, representing Ijebu-Ode Constituency in the Ogun State House of Assembly, has said that Governor Gbenga Daniel forced him to take an oath in 2007 contrary to the report in the Nigerian Compass this morning.

Reacting to the story, “Ogun 15 lawmakers on blood oath,” Hon. Alausa said it was a fabrication aimed at ridiculing his person and his colleagues in the house by Daniel and his agents.

He confessed that the photographs published by Compass today were genuine but were taken in 2007 inside Daniel’s Sagamu mansion and its environs when he was forced to take an oath before he could get the PDP ticket to the state House of Assembly.

The lawmaker said he and his colleagues (G15) never took any oath and neither did they visit any shrine in Ijebu-Igbo to take an oath, adding that it was pure blackmail by Daniel to stop the House from carrying out its oversight functions.

“The photographs on the front page of Compass today were truly mine but the story was fabricated. I was forced to take the photographs in Governor Daniel’s Sagamu home in 2007 when he forcefully implemented the oath on me in order to get me a ticket to the House of Assembly. And that is what he has done to everybody.

“Let him come out and deny, if he did not compel my father Chief Agboola Alausa to persuade me to take the oath. I rest my case for now. But the struggle continues,” he said.[/b]

According to Compass, “the crisis in Ogun State involving G 15 members of the House of Assembly was triggered by a blood oath taken at a shrine in Ijebu-Igbo, Ijebu North Local Government, last year, the Nigerian Compass learnt last night.

“The members took the oath to ensure a united front against Governor Gbenga Daniel. The oath was sponsored by some politicians including the father of a prominent politician in Abuja, a Senator, a former South-West governor, a former minister and another prominent politician in Ogun State.”

The report added: “the oath, which was taken naked by the members and in daylight, was witnessed by the sponsors and the native doctors, the administrators of the oath.

“Items used for the oath included blood, cow heads, calabash and other fetish materials. Each participant swore to upholding opposition to Daniel at all times and submitted to the death of their first born, should they renege on the oath.

“Each of them was required to mention the name of their first child in the course of the oath, setting in motion serious consequences for the children should their fathers go back on the prescribed course of opposition.

“The Nigerian Compass learnt that the finality of this oath is why prominent traditional rulers such as the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, the Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Michael Sonariwo, and other prominent leaders such as Prince Bola Ajibola, General Tunji Olurin and Yeye Oodua H.I.D. Awolowo were unable to persuade them to change their stance.”

http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/29/how-daniel-forced-me-to-take-oath-%e2%80%94lawmaker

What kind of country is this? At least he confessed the pictures are real. I wonder how many politicians took the oath naked, lol
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by JustGood(m): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2009
It beggars belief that this happens in Nigeria. 

How can anyone allow such humiliation on order to become a member of the house of assembly

He actually allowed himself to be photographed nude for these occultic things and he is not ashamed to be a representative of the people of Ogun State. Why are Ogun state indigenes not out in numbers to demand for his removal from the assembly? Not only is he irresponsible, he has brought humiliation to every Ogun State indigene.

Are there any sane people left in Nigeria? Apologies to anyone who may feel offended.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2009
Source of the picture.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by moneygurl: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Source of the picture.

nigeria compass

http://www.compassnews.net/news/
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by jimmysho(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2009
i never knew some right think naijas will notice the source of the news. NIGERIA COMPASS? the media outfit of daniel d tiger. then u will know that the report was just a figment of the state govt imagination
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by kshow1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
Any news from THE NIGERIAN COMPASS will always be in favour of Gbenga Daniels for he his the master of the organisation.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Tudor6(f): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2009
Is gbenga daniels the one standing naked in the photo?
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by dean2725: 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2009
Tudór:

Is gbenga daniels the one standing naked in the photo?

nah!, .one of his stupid and desperate house member

OLORIBURUKU GBOGBO!!!
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by AloyEmeka9: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by xterra2(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2009
Wven the governor too is strange.
What is he doing here?
nawa ohh

Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Jakumo(m): 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
Occupying political office in Nigeria has been likened to riding a tiger, so without question anyone who can bravely mount a female lion is more than qualified to move with the Big Cats in the corridors of power.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by asha3: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
Jakumo:

Occupying political office in Nigeria has been likened to riding a tiger, so without question anyone who can bravely mount a female lion is more than qualified to move with the Big Cats in the corridors of power.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by AloyEmeka9: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
Jakumo:

grin grin grin This is so funny.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by KnowAll(m): 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2009
Is this what banker soludo want to face, has he got the liver for this kind of politics, undecided
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Tudor6(f): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2009
Err. . . .Is that lion for real?
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by bindex(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
The big man riding on a lion. Interesting.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by Jakumo(m): 6:04am On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Err. . . .Is that lion for real?

Actually the lion is a stuffed one, and may her feline soul rest in peace. Still and all it does take courage to mount her, considering all the ridicule such a spectacle would invite.
Re: Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal by bawomolo(m): 6:48am On Jun 30, 2009
Jakumo:

man you need to go try out for last comic standing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vision 20 20 20: A Myth Or A Daydream? / Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc / "ghollywood" And Nollywood Go To War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.