Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 (10595 Views)

Thrilling Pics: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle. / Photos: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle Captured On Camera / Crocodile And Shark Fight To Death In Australia Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2009
Dreams can frighten people. Keep your dream to yourself. Wish everyone luck.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by TOYOSI20(f): 12:22am On Jun 29, 2009
Same here,. . . . .I miss home so much as well, . . . .as to ur question I essentially believe it all comes down to ones budget, . . . . .

cos there are folks that start out wid a huge plan, getting an architect to map out as huge mansion wid all the works,

and all the high end finishes and all that but they get stuck half way through the project, . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

and then they either have to get rid of it by selling it off, or essentially hold off until more funds become available, undecided

and as for those that purchase uncompleted projects, (real estates), u could get ‘em for a steal, depends on how hard u bargain, . . . .

Either way one looks at it though, its about finances, and setting ur goals, and adhering firmly to them . . . . . wink smiley

we must learn to cut our coats according to our clothes not even our sizes these days, . . . . cheesy cheesy

good Luck to yah!! smiley
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 12:55am On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by TOYOSI20(f): 1:10am On Jun 29, 2009
coolfaced8:

Yes it's very true about those uncompleted projects. Those may be easier to alter or make an addition b/4 finished project.

Talking about budget, I've always believed that once one sets one's heart on it, it can be done.

My greatest downtime is when I watch those Naija home movies and see some of those moderately sized but nice homes. I'm yet to get over some of those homes in my mind.

It'll be simply grand if one can make it come true. Then shuttle US. Taking the best of both worlds.

For me, I'm so particular about a building that'll have enough space for me to do my own stuff from home. Maybe separate quarters or so. That'll be a dream come true.  At least until the real BIG one.

How are you prioritizing your own goals? Any special rules that one can benefit from?

Yes gurl tell me about it. . .those mega size mansions and villa i see in all these Nollywood movies, have me speechless most of the time,. . .  shocked shocked cheesy

I also think the location and area plays a very huge part as well. . . .

i mean some residential areas, are quite upscale, with tight security an all that, . . . . .which i don't mind at all smiley smiley

I mean why live in an area where one hasn't got peace of mind, cant ride in the cars u want to, . . . .can go out and come in when ever. , 

for now i believe a moderately sized home should be more than perfect

and the when one finally decides to retire or what not, One can go all out in grand style and all, . . . . .

finally its real hard to trust folks wid funds these days, its all about having a trustworthy person to oversee ones project. .

i mean how many times have we heard all these horror stories of people investing money and thinking their projects are progressing

mean while their funds are being misappropriated, . . . .its takes the Grace of God tho. . . . .

slow and steady is key as well, . . .i mean u don't have to save up a lump sum or whatever, . . . .

as the funds become readily available, one puts it towards the project!!

Afterall, we have numerous bills on our plates here as well, . . . .so its all about prioritization, . . .

how soon are u looking to embark on yours?? smiley
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 1:19am On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by TOYOSI20(f): 1:32am On Jun 29, 2009
coolfaced8:

How soon? Like yesterday! grin

Seriously if possible as soon as one finds a perfect opportunity to either purchase or build because it seems the more one postpone, the more expensive they become. Nothing like going home to Naija and knowing you're going to stay at your own house. Imagine the joy of doing your master bedroom and children's room to your taste. And knowing any cost associated with the building is a lifetime investment, not something that could be taken as compared to the US if you don't pay your taxes even after full mortgage payment!

By God's grace I should be in Naija in a few months def b/4 Dec.

I so agree, . . . nothing beats being ones own landlord abeg. . . . cool

Well i wish u all the luck in the world dear wink, . . . .i still have quite a ways cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, but all na God sha!! smiley
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 1:36am On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by dayokanu(m): 3:34am On Jun 29, 2009
I would rather build to my own taste you know in Naija they use bricks and not wood
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by No2Atheism(m): 5:03am On Jun 29, 2009
@topic

I would rather build because:

- I have some basic items like Solar Energy Panels as roofing sheets, Cavity Water Technology Heater, Security Systems, Architerutral tastes, Building solidity and safety that i need to gaurantee and pre-design into the house. But which would end up costing more if i have to redesign an alread built house.

- Hence starting my own from scratch is the cheapest ooption.

- I would never build a house in USA or UK for the simple reason that its cheaper and a better long term investement to have a house back home in nigeria.

- The principle of house/land ownership is sleazy to say the least wen it comes to western societies.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2009
Is there any thing like a natural builder! Oophs my bad.
I love to build. For me I would rather build than buy cos I love space and the use of it, l love driveways, hallways, 60/40 living rooms,17/15 parlours, hugh kitchens the hugher the better, large patios one that can sit about ten comfortably, 8/8 bathrooms.
Will it be a wrapround patio, or a veranda or even the the type where you sit at the immediate entrance of your home wit visitors, don't knw what its called.
And columns nko. Doric, Ionic or corinthian. what is it be.

I confess I only get captivated in N. home movies when I see the grandiose architecture but its not about grandeur really
Also I carry a measuring tape in my bag ( this is a mess when I go to banks), for when I see a house with beautiful propotions. I also give unsolicted advice anytime I walk into a building site, invited of course. I know I'm being rude but cannot help myself, really, honest!
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2009
coolfaced8:

From counting coins, kobo and cents, it may be possible I may have found something I can finally afford. Please can anyone give me an idea of how much will fly this in Naija? Like if one wants to build? Any ideas how much one should set aside?

Btw, found the pic on the internet. I have no idea how many bedrooms or any interior designs. But I'll appreciate an estimate of a one huge bedroom with and two small bedrooms and a huge kitchen (Duplex). Spiral staircase is a must!  smiley Powder room downstairs and full bathroom upstairs. Ok, that's it. Please anyone with rough estimates of how much this will gulp?

This picture is taken from englehomes.

Noting your excitement about Architecture, here is a link to a collection that I did for a client in the Atlanta, Georgia area. The exterior fenestration that you posted is more of a Mediterranean style, while mine are more retro Craftsman style. However, the floorplans can easily be adjusted to look similar. You will also find a lot of 3D objects within this gallery link.

I hope you enjoy and find more inspiration. Honestly, I am somewhat burnt-out from doing this since 1986. But, it is somewhat gratifying to know that some of my designs may inspire others even a 100 years after my death.  wink Here is the link: http://www.architecturaldefinitions.com/Gallery/jlw/default.htm
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by coolfaced8(f): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2009
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2009
Mail me on arcwole@yahoo.com
Will give you realistic estimates for free.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2009
coolfaced8:

Bless your soul Sir for sharing that! Had a feast with all those designs. It seems they are big buildings and am kind of intimidated by all them big big and posh layout. I zoomed in, looked, feasted my eyes on the designs and am back to Nairaland to report, Sir, that my humble pocket is "humbledcheesy Have a pleasant weekend.

You're quite welcome. The link pointed to my smaller designs. They may not be as large as you think. If I remember correctly, the smallest is about 1420 SQFT, and the largest on that page is about 2400 SQFT. Choose the one you like, and let me know.  wink
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by ajileko: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
@larez Let's be real, do you expect us to believe you actually owned those designs ? give me a break.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
will keep you posted as to the names of the NHM. Must confess I most only watch if beautiful homes are involved.But I remember one vividly The Mayors, it starred RMD and Dede. Plot was also great. This house had columns to die for and it had a basement that was wow.
The movie Hush starring Gwyneth Paltrow is  a study in columns.
Do you watch Indian movies. Homes are palatial and almost surreal.

I love larez' creations, I call them creations cos their aesthetic value is ever-lasting. Emerald is more me, rolling arces and hallowed solitude. I am a castle kinna gal. yards and yards of un-ending space. Chrysanthemum is my next choice cos of the elevation. Glad to learn the word.
would rather the driveway of the first house you posted, be a side one like the second. here I go with those advices
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
ajileko:

@larez Let's be real, do you expect us to believe you actually owned those designs ? give me a break.

Ajileko, usually, I ignore the rude and ignorant. But I really think you need to be educated. But then, I see your name which translates to a person who steals to build houses. So I will simply respond to your rude allegation; Go through each and every design you see on that website, and I will tell you the name of the client, the year I did the design and try to find it on googlemaps for you so you can see it yourself. In the future, you should never assume that because I am a Nigerian, my predisposition is 419. But then, your assumption may be based on a personal reflection
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2009
zenatta:

will keep you posted as to the names of the NHM. Must confess I most only watch if beautiful homes are involved.But I remember one vividly The Mayors, it starred RMD and Dede. Plot was also great. This house had columns to die for and it had a basement that was wow.
The movie Hush starring Gwyneth Paltrow is  a study in columns.
Do you watch Indian movies. Homes are palatial and almost surreal.

I love larez' creations, I call them creations cos their aesthetic value is ever-lasting. Emerald is more me, rolling arces and hallowed solitude. I am a castle kinna gal. yards and yards of un-ending space. Chrysanthemum is my next choice cos of the elevation. Glad to learn the word.
would rather the driveway of the first house you posted, be a side one like the second. here I go with those advices

Thanks Zenatta. Here is a link to some other houses that may fit your profile. http://www.architecturaldefinitions.com/gallery.htm There are many others on the site and I can post some photographs here as well if you will like. Feel free to browse through and take your pick. I may even give you the working drawings for free, so your local Architect can adjust from wood frame to Concrete Masonary Units (CMUs)
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
Here are a couple of houses that I designed/built.

Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ larez,  one does get burnt-out and blase about it all. But turn the corner and you see what would revive you.

@poster; do not be threathened and scurry away. A home is not built in a day. A bit of this today, an addition of a wing tomorrow and a tearing down of that great pop. pllar in the living room cos its actually leaning like the tower of Pisa.
Get the land to build on  first. That in my opinion is the greatest hurdle out here. Location does matter but I'd rather live my dream(home) than be the Queens neighbour.Do not fear. You can build the home you want, really. Get it recreated on paper (spare nothing), then find out how much you would need shorterm and longterm. Apart from the land, three-million Nigerian naira would go a longer way, longer than you know.
I am not an expert but I am very streetwise about building.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ larez dont finish me pls. I live alone wit my daughter and no doctor nearby
Are these homes. no! wow! omg! really is what I can mumble and I am not usually an omg person. Give me time to look at the homes then I will post. MY hands are shaking .where is coolface8
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
in hushed tones, CITILINE AND BLAUM.
I'm jealous, YOU CREATED SOMETHING

I will blissfully be lost in the balcony of Citiline. I would frustrate my visitors in its patio, veranda (what do you call it). I will , I will own Citiline. Enamoured by it already
You wont cow me like you did Coolfaced8. I will own Citiline

You are very talented.
My hat is off my head!
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
Zanetta, don't get me started now, I may begin to post pictures of more of my designs now!! wink Hmm,  Since you are streetwise in Nigerian construction, how about we find financing and do a development full of my designs. This will be perfect if we can make it a marine subdivision such as out at the Lekki lagoon complete with Jetties. This is my dream!! Here are a couple more of my designs.

Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
Sistergirl, are you sure you want Cityline? Who will roof it for you in naija? Even in Yankee when i built the house, the framer ran off when it got to the roof. I had to hire my own carpenters and roof it myself. I am talking wood, nail-gun and all. Here are some 3D views of it. Just count how many valleys, hips, and ridges on that house. I will give you the plans, but you are on your own roof it. grin

Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
I love that these houses have a clinical entrance. Have nothing against landscapping(is that the name ).Actually I'm a roses person but can I have the roses and the clinical entrance. What would the layout be

Still can't get over Citiline. How many wings does this house have and two chimneys? What is the many-arc design called
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2009
Did I read you say we? Remember coolfaced8 started all this and where is she

The columns in Heritage is just my point. How would you include it in Citiline
The owner ran away? I won't, I'm stoical

You want to build homes and jetties back here. Bring it on
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hello Everyone!

Can you see me (waving hand).

Hello Larez Sir!!

Hello Zanetta!!!!

This is Coolfaced8 here. I got a message I can no longer post due to trying to post a thread on computer section here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-293114.0.html

I can log on with coolfaced but can't post!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

I wrote seun to explain what I did but still no reply yet.

Right now I feel like that lady that lost her face to acid attack in Beyonce Naija movie where she had to go for a new face with plastic suggery!! angry

I registered this new ID yesterday evening since it's the name of my website anyway.

Great to be here, I love Sir Larez idea so much! Let me see what Zennate comes up with cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Ladies Post Your Natural Pictures Here / OMG! Wife Kills Herself, Children To Punish Husband For Cheating (graphic Photo) / AWON WEREY 100%

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84