Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,033 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:46 AM

B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? (7139 Views)

U.B.A What's All This Na! / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder / Mechanical Engineering-where Can One Work After Studying It?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by dvirgin(m): 12:11am On Jun 29, 2009
[color=#006600][/color] hello nairalanders, i'm an undergraduate studying religions in UNIBEN, Pls i wish to know my prospects in the in the labour market upon graduation., pls drop ur opinion its very important to me,
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by rooney86(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2009
make sure u learn very well. U can start your church, u can even start now with a campus fellowship.

With good luck and hardwork you might just become the G.O of a big ministry and buy a jet.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
there are some institutions where you can get a Job.
Could get something at Funeral homes, Detentions, govt offices where they need moral supports
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by nnaiah: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2009
Face the reality

If you are good at it, continue and grab a Ph.d

Lecturing will be an option

ELSE

graduate a n d get certifications in areas you have flair for

CRM , HR , P.A , PROJECT MGT will help you alot

Dont attempt changing course, because age is another great factor employers consider when they have so many applicants

to choose from.

the older you are, the tougher ,unless you have special skills

whatever you read cap it wit an international certification for better employability and salary

BE SERIOUS WITH YOUR STUDIES
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by pcicero(m): 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2009
Just make sure u have a second class upper to increase your value. i bet u can work anywhere. Had same as first degree. I have worked with an Audit Consulting firm(one of the big four) and now with a leading Telecom Company
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by kufreabasi(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2009
rooney86:

make sure u learn very well. U can start your church, u can even start now with a campus fellowship.

With good luck and hardwork you might just become the G.O of a big ministry and buy a jet.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Fhemmmy: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
pcicero:

Just make sure u have a second class upper to increase your value. i bet u can work anywhere. Had same as first degree. I have worked with an Audit Consulting firm(one of the big four) and now with a leading Telecom Company

With Religion?
Na wa oh, what can you Audit with such degree? and what do you do at the Telecom firm?
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by sirt1(m): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ Poster,

Don't mind the bad belles on nairaland. Whatever your hands find doing, make sure u do it than  next door neighbour. I pray God will see u through. I've seen many pple making waves in areas diffrent from their area of specialization. just be focused, make sure u av atleast second class upper and leave everything to God.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by smooooooth: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2009
you can get a job in the mosque cheesy. god see replies, u guys wont kill pipu.anyway dnt mind them, its not about what u read i nigeria, its about what u can do, like your abilities, qualities. a university education is just to open u up & help u discover potentials in your self, thats why companies employ pipu from diff disciplines, likein the bank u will find english grads, french, science, even religion. just make sure u get a good grade. then
when u get employed, you get trained, as all u leant in school cant tell u what to do immediately.thats when the real career starts, and u can know which line u want to go. though some professional courses point the way from the onset, i have seen accoutants become IT consultants, and lawyers, become portfolio managers, depending wht u find outside the walls of the university. so keep faith.

takia, & by the way u are in a good school, blive me,i am a uniben grad myself.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by kshow1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2009
pcicero:

good talk
Fhemmmy:

With Religion?
Na wa oh, what can you Audit with such degree? and what do you do at the Telecom firm?
Guy you do not need to be an accounting graduate to work in an audit firm. if you are sound and with good on the job training you can be a master in the field.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by finguy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2009
kshow1:

good talkGuy you do not need to be an accounting graduate to work in an audit firm. if you are sound and with good on the job training you can be a master in the field.

thot everyone shld know that. sad
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Kelvinj(m): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2009
Datz a tough course u no. Ok u can fit in:
- wit a 1st class become a pastor in any big church in 9ja
- wit 2nd class upper & lower, u can become an MD in a big mortuary hospital in 9ja
- wit 3rd class, guez itz out of d question coz wit dat ur left wit no option dan hunger in 9ja.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by diehard1: 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2009
Make sure u come out with at least  second class upper. with that u may be called for aptitude tests else, i de fear oh! U can advance to lecturing job too, thats after getting higher degrees!!  U can also do post graduate diploma in other fields so u can change to other disciplines too!!!! But since u r still a student, try change department very fast if u can, thats an honest advice. Don't mind if u loose a year. Getting a job in naija has to do with luck, man know man, anything goes, u fit read medicine and be incharge of a bank grin grin grin
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by sley4life(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2009
bank
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2009
kshow1:

good talkGuy you do not need to be an accounting graduate to work in an audit firm. if you are sound and with good on the job training you can be a master in the field.

That is great, however, you will need interview to even get to be trained and for you to be interviewed, you will have to submit your resume and there has to be some keywords that the employers are looking for for audit firm, so how would it come up in a religious degree resume?
i just like to understand the procedure of selecting people for interview, cos i am sure there are some accounting student that would be vying for same job.
So this only show one thing, it is a matter of who you know and not how much you know.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by dvirgin(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2009
God, I'm confused
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by realcele: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2009
What did you think before you choose the course? grin
Don't mind the nairaland you dont need a unversity degree to start a church but good to have one, to be a pastor is very cheap you need a bible and charisma. grin

I think you need to discover yourself and master what you are really good at. Normally first degree gives you idea about what life is all about which is fun. Once you know what you really fancy most about what you can do and what you studied. If you had listed you course module but i would have being more precise. Personally i think you can work in any place depending on how you package yourself but obvious places could be
humanitarian work, church offices, councelling, goverment places--if you are in nigeria you could do something about relegious peace and educate people not to fight over religios believes, banks etc. Best of luck.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by pek(m): 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2009
anyway in NIGERIA. it is no longer what you rad but who you know that can get you the job.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by otukpo(f): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
U can work anywhere.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by matiltomd(f): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2009
grin grin grin grin ;Di think a church placed an advert for that a while back in the dailies, and they said "remuneration-highly negotiable", i couldn't help but laugh, don't worry,just come out with good grades, tongue tongue
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by lookmangiw(m): 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2009
the church or the mosque is the best option for you.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by BAC: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2009
T B Joshua's church will hire,
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by rafcrown(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2009
If you are well connected you can work anywhere even IN A bank
But if you dont
Try and get Original GBETU GBETU AND BECOME A RELIGIOUS LEADER
ANYTHING YOU SAY SO SHALL IT BE
OR ASK THOSE WHO VE SUCH A degree where they end up working.
If you ve money
FLY ABROAD.
WISH U BEST OF LUCK
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by rafcrown(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
If you are well connected you can work anywhere even IN A bank
But if you dont
Try and get Original GBETU GBETU AND BECOME A RELIGIOUS LEADER
ANYTHING YOU SAY SO SHALL IT BE
OR ASK THOSE WHO VE SUCH A degree where they end up working.
If you ve money
FLY ABROAD.
WISH U BEST OF LUCK
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by joel123(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2009
Instead of reading religion in the university why not enter bible school so that it will be clear that God calls you to work for him. The simple truth is that, it can only take the grace of God and whom you know to get Job in this country with that kind of course. If you are just getting the admission new you better change course. But if you have gone far that you cannot change course have faith in God because your destiny is in his hand.

Good luck
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by ohaechesi(m): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
my dear don't mind most of our nairaland crew. why don't you believe you can make it even if you are self employed? think about it, office job is not meant for every body
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2009
The guys is now more confused than be4 he asked for una advice.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2009
realcele:

What did you think before you choose the course? grin
Don't mind the nairaland you dont need a unversity degree to start a church but good to have one, to be a pastor is very cheap you need a bible and charisma. grin

I think you need to discover yourself and master what you are really good at. Normally first degree gives you idea about what life is all about which is fun. Once you know what you really fancy most about what you can do and what you studied. If you had listed you course module but i would have being more precise. Personally i think you can work in any place depending on how you package yourself but obvious places could be
humanitarian work, church offices, councelling, goverment places--if you are in nigeria you could do something about relegious peace and educate people not to fight over religios believes, banks etc. Best of luck.

"Chose" the course.
Anyway, y r u all acting like you don't know anything/live in Nigeria.
You only get to "choose" your course if you get a high enough grade in JAMB. If you don't the universities give you a course of their own.
Most people make the mistake of accepting the courses with the aim of changing in the future. 99% end up graduating with a degree they never wanted.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Witi(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2009
If u have second class upper u may get a teaching appointment in secondary school coupled with higher degrees u may be lucky to get a lecturing appointment.
Also add value to your certificate by writing professional exams it will help. I read Soil Science in University and got a lecturing appointment with a college of Agriculture presently I am the director of OCT of the college because of the little training in OCT I added to Soil Science.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by ssosisi: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2009
Igbo Igbo B.K
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by tayoast(m): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2009
Can't help but laugh , lol

With B. A. Religion, i think '.'.'.'/.dunno

May be missionary. Wat does d course entail? God?
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by agbalaya: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2009
I guess you decided to study religion for a purpose,why the question again. undecided
Another victim of jamb lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? / Can HND In Microbiology Be Accepted For Direct Entry For Medicine? And How ????? / My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.