Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149529 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by chiomilisa(f): 2:37am On Sep 12, 2016
you are good. congrats.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by chiomilisa(f): 2:41am On Sep 12, 2016
you mentioned going into other product that are more lucrative. please can you mention the product. thank u
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2016
chiomilisa:
you mentioned going into other product that are more lucrative. please can you mention the product. thank u

Lemme pocket the money first. That way I've proof that they're actually lucrative.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Arvinkris(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2016
vanpeele:
Hi all,

I harvested 23 bags from my 2K sacks (1st harvest). I can categorically say that cucumber sack farming is a very very very lucrative business. I urge you all to try it. I'll be moving unto a more lucrative crop and scale down on my cukes but they'll always be a regular in my year-round growing season.
u harvested 23 bags from 200 sacks or 2k? Clarify please. U are moving to q lucrative crop? What is it,?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Arvinkris:

u harvested 23 bags from 200 sacks or 2k? Clarify please. U are moving to q lucrative crop? What is it,?

2K was clearly stated. A lot a crops are more lucrative than cukes. There are no specifics.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by P3(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
Congratulations! Will come and check the new crop

vanpeele:
Hi all,

I harvested 23 bags from my 2K sacks (1st harvest). I can categorically say that cucumber sack farming is a very very very lucrative business. I urge you all to try it. I'll be moving unto a more lucrative crop and scale down on my cukes but they'll always be a regular in my year-round growing season.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
vanpeele:

Lemme pocket the money first. That way I've proof that they're actually lucrative.

"Lemme pocket the money first"........ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
P3:
Congratulations! Will come and check the new crop

You're welcome
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:00am On Sep 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Preciousseed(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Vanpeele, please in place of organic fertilizer, like the poultry droppings and cow dung, can one use inorganic? like NPK? Does it have any effect on the crop? Thanks!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Preciousseed:
Vanpeele, please in place of organic fertilizer, like the poultry droppings and cow dung, can one use inorganic? like NPK? Does it have any effect on the crop? Thanks!

Yes you can.

The effects are they'll grow.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Preciousseed(m): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
vanpeele:

Yes you can.

The effects are they'll grow.

OK, thanks how about in the yield? Because it seems you and jasper7 advocate for organic fertilizer!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
Preciousseed:

OK, thanks how about in the yield? Because it seems you and jasper7 advocate for organic fertilizer!

You'll never know if you don't try. I can't give you all the answers. Show us how serious you're. You're a farmer not a journalist.

2 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
vanpeele:

You'll never know if you don't try. I can't give you all the answers. Show us how serious you're. You're a farmer not a journalist.

Bros, na so you con mention my name for the video of 1st Harvest! cheesy

if you can ship it down to Lagos, imagine what those which such free space in Lagos can achieve with it!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pavore9:

Bros, na so you con mention my name for the video of 1st Harvest! cheesy

if you can ship it down to Lagos, imagine what those which such free space in Lagos can achieve with it!

Lol..we gas mention am.

Some already are achieving it. Like a NLander currently in Lagos who started with 1500 sacks he made twice his investment. Now he has 3500 and will scale to 8000. He's chilling right now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
vanpeele:

Lol..we gas mention am.

Some already are achieving it. Like a NLander currently in Lagos who started with 1500 sacks he made twice his investment. Now he has 3500 and will scale to 8000. He's chilling right now.

The change begins with us not having to wait on the inconsistency of the government and creating our own empowerment. I will in a later day get the guy's contact from you so l can refer someone to visit his farm.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pavore9:

The change begins with us not having to wait on the inconsistency of the government and creating our own empowerment. I will in a later day get the guy's contact from you so l can refer someone to visit his farm.

ok no p

Government? We're the government. Those elected officials are our servants on a 4 year renewable contract. Empowerment starts with us employers not our employees.

Food for thought.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Arvinkris(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=P3 post=49303969]Congratulations! Will come and check the new crop

2000'sacks? Dats massive. How did you manage to fill it?i know wat its like to fill 200 sacks from experience. It seems u anit using cement sack again?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=Arvinkris post=49332011][/quote]
It took two days to fill with 4 friends.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by babakk2(m): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Vanpeele abeg which pesticides did you use because mine encounter pests in large quantity because the poultry waste that use attract more pest.
Please help oooo
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
babakk2:
Vanpeele abeg which pesticides did you use because mine encounter pests in large quantity because the poultry waste that use attract more pest.
Please help oooo

I used fighter before flowering and neem oil after flowering.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by babakk2(m): 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
vanpeele:

I used fighter before flowering and neem oil after flowering.
Thanks for the info
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dode1: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
is d morano seed in cans or Sachet? n how many can i use for a plot of land(50×100ft).
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dode1: 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
how many of d morano cans will cover a 50ft×100ft piece of land?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by biggal: 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
I want to enter into water leaf farming with irrigation cos it gives money in pH lyk tomorrow no dey especially during dry season with d irrigation knowledge am gud to go. I saw an abandoned storey building will move next week to d owner to plead for d up. When I tell ppl they laf me to stupor dat madness dey worry me. My challenge is soil but God dey

2 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2016
A new pest I've been battling on the farm. The leaffooted bug. Looks cute but very very dangerous to plants. You can Google and read about it.

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by REUBEN010(m): 4:44am On Sep 19, 2016
vanpeele:
A new pest I've been battling on the farm. The leaffooted bug. Looks cute but very very dangerous to plants. You can Google and read about it.
It was a very serious pest to the cucumbers grown some months ago over here. The damage they caused was massive because their population was high and they appeared only after fruiting.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by REUBEN010(m): 4:47am On Sep 19, 2016
biggal:
I want to enter into water leaf farming with irrigation cos it gives money in pH lyk tomorrow no dey especially during dry season with d irrigation knowledge am gud to go. I saw an abandoned storey building will move next week to d owner to plead for d up. When I tell ppl they laf me to stupor dat madness dey worry me. My challenge is soil but God dey
Seems PH has a good market for leafy vegetables considering the statistics of middlemen transporting from Uyo down there.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by adescopy(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Pls OP hw do one get fertile soil to fill 200+ bag, are we to gather all the top soil of a farm or can we buy.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
adescopy:
Pls OP hw do one get fertile soil to fill 200+ bag, are we to gather all the top soil of a farm or can we buy.

I don't know where to get fertile soil.

Depends on your pocket. You can use farm soil or you can buy. Your decision.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by barnabas47: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
vanpeele:

I don't know where to get fertile soil.

Depends on your pocket. You can use farm soil or you can buy. Your decision.
pls i need ur phone no cos i want to make some enquiries.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.