Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149497 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
whitecloth:
Thanks for the immediate response sir, I have `Best' can I use it ?
Don't know "Best".
It's 1 plot
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by abduwasiu(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2016
I am an Agric Engineering student frm kaduna,,,,am in need of were i can do my IT """CAN someone pls help,,,,,this my contact 08184382996
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Been a while people...have started my second batch of crops. I have cucumbers but I think the news about them is quite stale now (IMO). I've a bunch of varieties planted now.

Anyways, drip lines has been an issue for some. So....we've 300 metre rolls for 25k. If anyone's interested, here's the PIN...D3F1296B.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
Boss keep it up... I'm still observing. Will join back soon.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FarmTech(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
can cucumber be planted in dry season without risk of getting bitter-tasting ones. I read that high temperature can cause it.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
FarmTech:
can cucumber be planted in dry season without risk of getting bitter-tasting ones. I read that high temperature can cause it.

Yes it can.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Arvinkris(m): 1:26am On Nov 09, 2016
U didn't conclude this thread @dear vanpeele. Tell us what was ur harvest/yield from this 2000 sacks, challenges compared to the previous 300 sacks?alot of love bro

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Arvinkris:
U didn't conclude this thread @dear vanpeele. Tell us what was ur harvest/yield from this 2000 sacks, challenges compared to the previous 300 sacks?alot of love bro

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy with the newbies. My total yield was 85 bags. Should have been more but the outbreak of downy mildew and the invasion of the leaf footed bug did them in. These were the major challenges. I don't think I can make a comparison because the 300 and the 2000 were planted in different seasons but I'll say that dry season cuke farming is better.

I'm happy a lot of people have gone into sack farming after opening this thread. In my opinion, it's the best form of investment regarding return on investment compared to fish and poultry.

For the latest updates, you guys can follow me on
Twitter: @SackFarm
Instagram: SackFarm

Bye for now.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Enjoy people. Especially you Pavore9. Lalasticlala no be snake but enjoy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjLN39TP-jM

2 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by greenmonk: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2016
kaybosedemi:
@vanpalee... great job my brother. I am also a cucumber farmer. Just had a very bad experience. lost my farm to pest attack. ... White flies, leaf miner, nematode. My raining season planting was so smooth .Didn't experience any itch. ...Nematode was the last thing I ever thought off. The whole thing all started with whiflies. Those things don't finish. it's like the more you spray them , the stronger the come back. I tried about 3 different insecticides. ... attacked, avesthrin and rocket. .... Thought white flies was the only issue until I uprooted one cucumber plant. lo and behold, nematode.....They almost have the same symptoms.... Yellowing of leaves, stunted growth etc. I tried all I could to save them, but it was too late. Painful though, but it was a great learning experience. Very important to treat your soil with nematicide.....leaf miner was the last to show up. Though called the Ibadan office of Agritropic, but it was bit late as I couldn't get somebody to help me get fighter from them...Please how effective was the fighter 35ec for white flies? Did it also work for the leaf miner? Did you have any experience of nematodes? ....Also let us know your rate of application and the quantity per knapsack... This your NEVER USE POULTRY MANURE stuff is a bit confusing. I have always used it. And I am very sure other people will want to know too. Most people are used to poultry manure......Abeg jasper, Soloxam your contributions will also be helpful. Thanks

to use poultry manure, pre-mix it with sawdust& sand, sprinkle with water until wet. allow the mix to dry for two weeks for the ammonia gas to reduce & you are good to go. Reduce the quantity if manure in the mixing ratio to the soil to about .0.3 of the recommended cowpoo mix as over manure is also detrimental to crops.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by phillings247: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
pls.what are d dimentions of d tiny pipes dat run on the sacks and how was d entire setup made
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
phillings247:
pls.what are d dimentions of d tiny pipes dat run on the sacks and how was d entire setup made

They're 16mm drip pipes.

Setting it up is our job.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by phillings247: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
pls are u in lagos
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by phillings247: 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
vanpeele:

They're 16mm drip pipes.

Setting it up is our job.
pls are in lagos and how much would it cost to do this for 1500 sacks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
phillings247:
pls are in lagos and how much would it cost to do this for 1500 sacks

my contact is on my Instagram page @SackFarm. The explanation too long to type.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by odinaka5: 5:00am On Dec 21, 2016
Good morning. This has being very informative and encouraging. I want to ask if you know of any farmer based in Imo state so that I can contact the person. I want to be mentored on cucumber sack farming. I will gladly work for free just to get the experience. Thanks.
My email is odys4life2000@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:09am On Dec 21, 2016
odinaka5:
Good morning. This has being very informative and encouraging. I want to ask if you know of any farmer based in Imo state so that I can contact the person. I want to be mentored on cucumber sack farming. I will gladly work for free just to get the experience. Thanks.

I think jasper7 is based there. Contact him.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by pamdaniel(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2016
odinaka5:
I am a cucumber farmer in owerri... what help would u need
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by chicwoman(f): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
Good evening vanpeele.
Thank you for teaching us about cucumber farming.
I tried cucumber sack farming last year and I encountered a lot of challenges, this affected the yield of my farm and I made a loss. I thought about it and I realized that I did not properly learn the basics of cucumber farming.

I want to try again this February and I want to ask you some questions. If you don't mind, may I please have your contact? I promise I won't bother you too much, I just need some to put me through before I plant again.

Thank you very much.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
chicwoman:
Good evening vanpeele.
Thank you for teaching us about cucumber farming.
I tried cucumber sack farming last year and I encountered a lot of challenges, this affected the yield of my farm and I made a loss. I thought about it and I realized that I did not properly learn the basics of cucumber farming.

I want to try again this February and I want to ask you some questions. If you don't mind, may I please have your contact? I promise I won't bother you too much, I just need some to put me through before I plant again.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

it's on my Instagram page...don't want to post it here.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by chicwoman(f): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2017
Thank you very much
vanpeele:

Hi,

it's on my Instagram page...don't want to post it here.

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by es144000: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2017
You said your yield for 2000 sacks is 85 bags.how many plants were planted in a sack and how much d the market people buy a bag now?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
es144000:
You said your yield for 2000 sacks is 85 bags.how many plants were planted in a sack and how much d the market people buy a bag now?

4 per bag

Don't know how much now.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by joncom(m): 6:53am On Feb 16, 2017
@vanpeele, I have followed this thread from page one to the last. I am very impressed with your style of teaching.

Though I work, I still want to try out this sack farming. If I start planting from March will it be good, knowing it rains a lot in Rivers state?
Your thoughts please
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:26am On Feb 16, 2017
joncom:
@vanpeele, I have followed this thread from page one to the last. I am very impressed with your style of teaching.

Though I work, I still want to try out this sack farming. If I start planting from March will it be good, knowing it rains a lot in Rivers state?
Your thoughts please

Rain is a blessing but it comes with some diseases e.g.downy mildew but you can help your crops survive. You can build a structure like the one in the pic. This is tomatojos's seedling shed. The roof is transparent to let light in but also prevents rain. I hope this helps

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Ernnyyoung: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2017
That's great, I which to do same too but how can i get a good veriaty of seed to plant? what is the name of the pesticide for pest and disease control? can one use MPK 15:15:15 to mix the sack soil before planting? What is the maximum seed one can plant in a sack? What time frame can the pesticide be applied? How can one know if the crop has been infected by disease? What season is best for to plant? Pls i really want to know more about the cucumber farming before going into it. This is my number 08037190203, you can call or WhatsApp me with it so we can talk or chat extensively about it.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ernnyyoung:
That's great, I which to do same too but how can i get a good veriaty of seed to plant? what is the name of the pesticide for pest and disease control? can one use MPK 15:15:15 to mix the sack soil before planting? What is the maximum seed one can plant in a sack? What time frame can the pesticide be applied? How can one know if the crop has been infected by disease? What season is best for to plant? Pls i really want to know more about the cucumber farming before going into it. This is my number 08037190203, you can call or WhatsApp me with it so we can talk or chat extensively about it.

Please read through the thread. Goto Instagram and search "SackFarm".
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by testimonyng: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2017
Good evening house.
I trust you're already making plans to attend the first ever Conference on Watermelon & Cucumber at Centre for Management Development, CMD Rd, Magodo, Lagos on 18 March, 2017.

The purpose of this conference is to bring together those involved in cucurbits so we can share information on all aspects of cucurbit research, development production and marketing. We invite you to join us for this in-depth conference on exploring the ever-changing face of cucurbit production.

Theme: "Harnessing the Wealth Opportunities of Growing Watermelons & Cucumbers in Nigeria"

Educational Session Topics:
1. Watermelon Cultivation and Management for
Maximum Production
2. Management & Control of Insects and Diseases in cucurbits
3. Maximizing Yield in Cucumber Through Irrigation and Nutrient Management
4. Roles of Farmers Organization in Produce Marketing
5. Farm Account, Agronomy & Resource Magmt
6. Group discussion session

If you are interested in cucurbits such as cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, gourds, squash, watermelons or exotic species, you should attend this conference. We are expecting more than 100 individuals in attendance, comprising of academicians and students, commercial plant breeders and other scientists, growers, marketers, bankers and industry representatives.

Participation fee is N5,000 only payable to: Ayofolami Nig Co
Zenith Bank 1012464004. Pls inform admin of your payment.

Note: The conference is not a moneymaking event. The N5,000 participating fee is cover expenses such as the venue, audio equipment, guest speakers, cucumber / watermrlon break, lunch, educational materials, promotion, etc.

Guest speakers include Jasper & other experts

You have the opportunity to become a member of the Watermelon Cucumber Association of Nigeria.

Sponsorship opportunities available.

Futher enquiries & sponsorship: call Olaitan +234 817 006 2388. Owoseni +234 802 738 5852 Omowunmi
+234 814 126 1366 or Admin 07032115749

See you in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Cocoboms(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
vanpeele:
Been a while people...have started my second batch of crops. I have cucumbers but I think the news about them is quite stale now (IMO). I've a bunch of varieties planted now.

Anyways, drip lines has been an issue for some. So....we've 300 metre rolls for 25k. If anyone's interested, here's the PIN...D3F1296B.

hello vanpeele, I sent you a mail this morning. Please kindly reply. Thanks!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cocoboms:

hello vanpeele, I sent you a mail this morning. Please kindly reply. Thanks!

Replied
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Cocoboms(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
vanpeele:

Replied
thanks. well received.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 27, 2017
vanpeele:

4 per bag

Don't know how much now.

Please what is the size of the sack/polythene you used?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.