Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) (3096 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified / The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:42am On Jan 29, 2016
Having gone forth from the house, Jesus retired into the garden to pray, according as his custom was to pray, bowing his knees an hundred times and prostrating himself upon his face. Judas, accordingly, knowing the place where Jesus was with his disciples, went to the high priest, and said: "If you will give me what was promised, this night will I give into your hand Jesus whom you seek; for he is alone with eleven companions." The high priest answered: "How much do you seek?" Judas said, "Thirty pieces of gold."
Then straightway the high priest counted to him the money, and sent a Pharisee to the governor to fetch soldiers, and to Herod, and they gave a legion of them, because they feared the people; wherefore they took their arms, and with torches and lanterns upon staves went out of Jerusalem.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:43am On Jan 29, 2016
When the soldiers with Judas drew near to the place where Jesus was, Jesus heard the approach of many people, wherefore in fear he withdrew into the house. And the eleven were sleeping. Then God, seeing the danger of his servant, commanded Gabriel;, Michael;, Rafael;, and Uriel, his ministers, to take Jesus out of the world. The holy angels came and took Jesus out by the window that looks toward the South;. They bare him and placed him in the third heaven in the company of angels blessing God for evermore.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:45am On Jan 29, 2016
Judas entered impetuously before all into the chamber whence Jesus had been taken up. And the disciples were sleeping. Whereupon the wonderful God acted wonderfully, insomuch that Judas was so changed in speech and in face to be like Jesus that we believed him to be Jesus. And he, having awakened us, was seeking where the Master was. Whereupon we marvelled, and answered: 'You, Lord, are our master; have you now forgotten us?'
And he, smiling, said: 'Now are you foolish, that know not me to be Judas Iscariot!' And as he was saying this the soldiery entered, and laid their hands upon Judas, because he was in every way like to Jesus. We having heard Judas' saying, and seeing the multitude of soldiers, fled as beside ourselves. And John, who was wrapped in a linen cloth, awoke and fled, and when a soldier seized him by the linen cloth he left the linen cloth and fled naked. For God heard the prayer of Jesus, and saved the eleven from evil

1 Like

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2016
The soldiers took Judas ;and bound him, not without derision. For he truthfully denied that he was Jesus; and the soldiers, mocking him, said: 'Sir, fear not, for we are come to make you king of Israel, and we have bound you because we know that you do refuse the kingdom.' Judas answered: 'Now have you lost your senses! You are come to take Jesus of Nazareth;, with arms and lanterns as [against] a robber; and you have bound me that have guided you, to make me king!'

Then the soldiers lost their patience, and with blows and kicks they began to flout Judas, and they led him with fury into Jerusalem. John ;and Peter ;followed the soldiers afar off; and they affirmed to him who writes that they saw all the examination that was made of Judas by the high priest, and by the council of the Pharisees, who were assembled to put Jesus to death. Whereupon Judas spoke many words of madness, insomuch that every one was filled with laughter, believing that he was really Jesus, and that for fear of death he was feigning madness. Whereupon the scribes bound his eyes with a bandage, and mocking him said: 'Jesus, prophet of the Nazarenes ;(for so they called them who believed in Jesus), 'tell us, who was it that smote you?' And they buffeted him and spat in his face.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2016
When it was morning there assembled the great council of scribes and elders of the people; and the high priest with the Pharisees sought false witness against Judas, believing him to be Jesus: and they found not that which they sought. And why say I that the chief priests believed Judas to be Jesus? No all the disciples, with him who writes, believed it; and more, the poor Virgin mother of Jesus, with his kinsfolk and friends, believed it, insomuch that the sorrow of every one was incredible.

As God lives, he who writes forgot all that Jesus had said: how that he should be taken up from the world, and that he should suffer in a third person, and that he should not die until near the end of the world. Wherefore he went with the mother of Jesus and with John to the cross. The high priest caused Judas ;to be brought before him bound, and asked him of his disciples and his doctrine. Whereupon Judas, as though beside himself, answered nothing to the point. The high priest then adjured him by the living God of Israel that he would tell him the truth.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by truthman2012(m): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2016
What is your source? No single reference to any Scripture. Trash !!!

You should be banned for spreading falsehood.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2016
Judas answered: 'I have told you that I am Judas Iscariot, who promised to give into your hands Jesus the Nazarene; and you, by what are I know not, are beside yourselves, for you will have it by every means that I am Jesus.' The high priest answered: 'O perverse seducer, you have deceived all Israel, beginning from Galilee ;even to Jerusalem here, with your doctrine and false miracles: and now think you to flee the merited punishment that befits you by feigning to be mad?

As God lives,' you shall not escape it!' And having said this he commanded his servants to smite him with buffetings and kicks, so that his understanding might come back into his head. The derision which he then suffered at the hands of the high priest's servants is past belief. For they zealously devised new inventions to give pleasure to the council. So they attired him as a juggler, and so treated him with hands and feet that it would have moved the very Canaanites to compassion if they had beheld that sight. But the chief priests and Pharisees and elders of the people had their hearts so exasperated against Jesus that, believing Judas to be really Jesus, they took delight in seeing him so treated.

Afterwards they led him bound to the governor, who secretly loved Jesus. Whereupon he, thinking that Judas was Jesus, made him enter into his chamber, and spoke to him, asking him for what cause the chief priests and the people had given him into his hands. Judas answered: 'If I tell you the truth, you will not believe me; for perhaps you are deceived as the (chief) priests and the Pharisees are deceived.'
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2016
The governor answered (thinking that he wished to speak concerning the Law): 'Now know you not that I am not a Jew? but the (chief) priests and the elders of your people have given you into my hand; wherefore tell us the truth, wherefore I may do what is just. For I have power to set you free and to put you to death.' Judas answered: 'Sir, believe me, if you put me to death, you shall do a great wrong, for you shall slay an innocent person; seeing that I am Judas ;Iscariot, and not Jesus, who is a magician, and by his are has so transformed me.'

When he heard this the governor marvelled greatly, so that he sought to set him at liberty. The governor therefore went out, and smiling said: 'In the one case, at least, this man is not worthy of death, but rather of compassion.' 'This man says,' said the governor, 'that he is not Jesus, but a certain Judas who guided the soldiery to take Jesus, and he says that Jesus the Galilean has by his are magic so transformed him. Wherefore, if this be true, it were a great wrong to kill him, seeing that he were innocent. But if he is Jesus and denies that he is, assuredly he has lost his understanding, and it were impious to slay a madman.'

Then the chief priests and elders of the people, with the scribes and Pharisees, cried out with shouts, saying: 'He is Jesus of Nazareth;, for we know him; for if he were not the malefactor we would not have given him into your hands. Nor is he mad; but rather malignant, for with this device he seeks to escape from our hands, and the sedition that he would stir up if he should escape would be worse than the former.' Pilate (of such was the governor's name), in order to rid himself of such a case, said: 'He is a Galilean, and Herod is king of Galilee: wherefore it pertains not to me to judge such a case, so take you him to Herod.'
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2016
Accordingly they led Judas to Herod, who of a long time had desired that Jesus should go to his house. But Jesus had never been willing to go to his house, because Herod was a Gentile, and adored the false and lying gods, living after the manner of the unclean Gentiles. Now when Judas had been led thither, Herod asked him of many things, to which Judas gave answers not to the purpose, denying that he was Jesus. Then Herod mocked him, with all his court, and caused him to be clad in white as the fools are clad;, and sent him back to Pilate, saying to him, 'Do not fail in justice to the people of Israel!' * And this Herod wrote, because the chief priests and scribes and the Pharisees had given him a good quantity of money. The governor having heard that this was so from a servant of Herod, in order that he also might gain some money, feigned that he desired to set Judas at liberty.

Whereupon he caused him to be scourged by his slaves, who were paid by the scribes to slay him under the scourges. But God, who had decreed the issue, reserved Judas for the cross, in order that he might suffer that horrible death to which he had sold another. He did not suffer Judas to die under the scourges, notwithstanding that the soldiers scourged him so grievously that his body rained blood. Thereupon, in mockery they clad him in an old purple garment;, saying: 'It is fitting to our new king to clothe him and crown him': so they gathered thorns and made a crown, like those of gold and precious stones which kings wear on their heads. And this crown of thorns they placed upon Judas' head, putting in his hand a reed for sceptre;, and they made him sit in a high place.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2016
And the soldiers came before him, bowing down in mockery, saluting him as King of the Jews. And they held out their hands to receive gifts, such as new kings are accustomed to give; and receiving nothing they smote Judas, saying: 'Now, how are you crowned, foolish king, if you will not pay your soldiers and servants?' *The chief priests with the scribes and Pharisees, seeing that Judas died not by the scourges, and fearing lest Pilate should set him at liberty, made a gift of money to the governor, who having received it gave Judas to the scribes and Pharisees as guilty to death. Whereupon they condemned two robbers with him to the death of the cross.

So they led him to Mount Calvary, where they used to hang malefactors, and there they crucified him naked;, for the greater ignominy. *Judas truly did nothing else but cry out: 'God, why have you forsaken me, seeing the malefactor has escaped and I die unjustly?' *Truly I say that the voice, the face, and the person of Judas were so like to Jesus, that his disciples and believers entirely believed that he was Jesus;

wherefore some departed from the doctrine of Jesus, believing that Jesus had been a false prophet, and that by art magic he had done the miracles which he did: for Jesus had said that he should not die till near the end of the world; for that at that time he should be taken away from the world.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:58am On Jan 29, 2016
But they that stood firm in the doctrine of Jesus were so encompassed with sorrow, seeing him die who was entirely like to Jesus, that they remembered not what Jesus had said. And so in company with the mother of Jesus they went to Mount Calvary, and were not only present at the death of Judas, weeping continually, but by means of Nicodemus and Joseph of Abarimathia; they obtained from the governor the body of Judas to bury it. Whereupon, they took him down from the cross with such weeping as assuredly no one would believe, and buried him in the new sepulchre of Joseph; having wrapped him up in an hundred pounds of precious ointments.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Then returned each man to his house. He who writes, with John and James his brother, went with the mother of Jesus; to Nazareth.

Those disciples who did not fear God went by night [and] stole the body of Judas and hid it, spreading a report that Jesus was risen again; whence great confusion arose. The high priest then commanded, under pain of anathema;, that no one should talk of Jesus of Nazareth;. And so there arose a great persecution, and many were stoned and many beaten, and many banished from the land, because they could not hold their peace on such a matter.

The news reached Nazareth how that Jesus, their fellow citizen, having died on the cross was risen again. Whereupon, he that writes; prayed the mother of Jesus; that she would be pleased to leave off weeping, because her son was risen again. Hearing this, the Virgin Mary, weeping, said: 'Let us go to Jerusalem to find my son. I shall die content when I have seen him.'
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2016
truthman2012:
What is your source? No single reference to any Scripture. Trash !!!

You should be banned for spreading falsehood.

seems you blind.. you no see gospel of Barnabas abi.

gospel of Barnabas is my source

Barnabas spent time with Jesus, he's an apostle of Jesus. Jesus appointed him to write his gospel..

of course you don't know... you have been fed Pauline lies since you were borne
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2016
cc: OAM4J
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by jayriginal: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Judas answered: 'I have told you that I am Judas Iscariot, who promised to give into your hands Jesus the Nazarene; and you, by what are I know not, are beside yourselves, for you will have it by every means that I am Jesus.' The high priest answered: 'O perverse seducer, you have deceived all Israel, beginning from Galilee ;even to Jerusalem here, with your doctrine and false miracles: and now think you to flee the merited punishment that befits you by feigning to be mad?

As God lives,' you shall not escape it!' And having said this he commanded his servants to smite him with buffetings and kicks, so that his understanding might come back into his head. The derision which he then suffered at the hands of the high priest's servants is past belief. For they zealously devised new inventions to give pleasure to the council. So they attired him as a juggler, and so treated him with hands and feet that it would have moved the very Canaanites to compassion if they had beheld that sight. But the chief priests and Pharisees and elders of the people had their hearts so exasperated against Jesus that, believing Judas to be really Jesus, they took delight in seeing him so treated.

Afterwards they led him bound to the governor, who secretly loved Jesus. Whereupon he, thinking that Judas was Jesus, made him enter into his chamber, and spoke to him, asking him for what cause the chief priests and the people had given him into his hands. Judas answered: 'If I tell you the truth, you will not believe me; for perhaps you are deceived as the (chief) priests and the Pharisees are deceived.'

grin
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2016
Surah 10:94: If thou wert in doubt
as to what We have revealed unto
thee, then ask those who have been
reading the Book from before thee:
the Truth hath indeed come to thee
from thy Lord: so be in no wise of
those in doubt. (Yusuf Ali)

How is it that Allah is telling Christians to observe the Torah and the Gospel when these very Scriptures both prophesy and teach that Jesus was put to death at the instigation of the Jews? And how is it that Allah is telling Muhammad to consult the very people who believe in the death of Jesus, when he is overcome by doubts? By denying the death of Jesus Christ and yet at the same time affirming the Bible as God’s authoritative Word, Allah exposes his ignorance. He wrongly assumed that his denial of the death of Jesus did not conflict with his views that the Holy Bible was God’s preserved Word. This proves that the author of the Qur’an is an imposter. Therefore, the Qur’an cannot be inspired by the true God. The Qur’an is clearly in error since it affirms the preservation and authority of the Holy Bible while denying one of its essential teachings.

1 Like

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2016
Surah 5:75: The Messiah, son of
Marium is but a messenger;
messengers before him have
indeed passed away; and his mother
was a truthful woman; they both used
to eat food. See how We make the
communications clear to them, then
behold, how they are turned away.
(Shakir)

Surah 3:144: And Muhammad is no
more than a messenger; the
messengers have already passed
away before him; if then he dies or
is killed will you turn back upon your
heels? (Shakir)

The first Surah clearly states that all
messengers before Jesus had died. A
fact that Muslims will not deny. And the
second Surah states that all messengers
before Muhammad have also passed
away in death. Islam teaches that no
prophet arose between Jesus and
Muhammad. Thus, the immediate
messenger before Muhammad was
Jesus. As such, the second Surah seems
to specifically point to the fact that Jesus
too had died. In Arabic, the term for
messengers in the above two Surahs is
“al-rasul” which literally means “the
messengers.” According to grammatical
rules of classic Arabic, owing to the prefix “al” (the), the word messengers in the above two verses really means all
messengers.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2602950/according-quranallah-creating-world-largest
Jesus is a very important figure in Islam.
Muslims believe, Jesus is just a prophet,
He was merely a prophet, a prophet
whose second coming will bring about
Allah’s judgement on the human race.
In the fourth book of the Quran, al-Nisa
(or “The Women”), we are told that Jesus
never died on the cross. Instead, Allah is a gifted trickster. Behold:

Quran 4:157 And [for] their saying,
“Indeed, we have killed the Messiah,
Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of
Allah.” And they did not kill him, nor did
they crucify him;but [another] was made
to resemble him to them. And indeed,
those who differ over it are in doubt
about it. They have no knowledge of it
except the following of assumption. And
they did not kill him, for certain.
Quran 4:158 Rather, Allah raised him to
Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in
Might and Wise.

No reason were given why Jesus was
snatch from death. Allah couldn’t wait a
few more days for Jesus to be executed.
He needed Jesus in heaven right away.
But he also needed Jesus to be executed. The solution? Snatch Jesus
from earth right now and pick someone
else to wear Jesus’ face long enough to
fool the executioners and the Jews. In completing this absurd trick, Allah
must’ve known the following: The crucifixion of Jesus would be used to
create Christianity,the largest religion
the world has ever known–a rival
religion, mind you. So it was all a ruse to
trick people into following the LARGEST
religion. Unfortunately for these cursed
Christian souls, Allah waited another 600 years before bothering to mention that the Divine Jesus myth in the bible was all a lie.

Those who died Prior to the coming of
muhammed to clear this out , who's
gonna take the blame for their unbelief ? Allah for tricking the Jews or satan ?
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by Scholar8200(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2016
This Gospel is considered by the majority of academics, including Christians and some Muslims (such as Abbas el-Akkad), [size=13pt]to be late and pseudepigraphical[/size];[1] however, some academics suggest that[size=13pt] it may contain some remnants of an earlier apocryphal work (perhaps Gnostic,[2] Ebionite[3] or Diatessaronic[4]),[/size] redacted to bring it more in line with Islamic doctrine. Some Muslims consider the surviving versions as transmitting a suppressed apostolic original.[size=13pt] Some Islamic organizations cite it in support of the Islamic view of Jesus.[/size]
Wikipedia on Gospel of Barnabas

Now why is there such an agreement between the apocryphals, pseudepighraphics and Islam? Especially when the Jews and Christians know that these books were not inspired and some were the contaminatory efforts of the Gnostics!

Now Jesus or Isa was so named by the angel because He was to save His people from their sins. How was that to be accomplished?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by SalC: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
DeathStroke007:

seems you blind.. you no see gospel of Barnabas abi.

gospel of Barnabas is my source

Barnabas spent time with Jesus, he's an apostle of Jesus. Jesus appointed him to write his gospel..

of course you don't know... you have been fed Pauline lies since you were borne
And you want us to rather accept the lies of your so called gospel of Barnabas.

Barnabas an apostle of Jesus indeed!!! Smh

1 Like

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is full of shit!!

However the story might be true sha, it all still bores down to AT THE NAME OF JESUS EVERY KNEE MUST BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFFES THAT JESUS IS LORD.. AMEN.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
SalC:
And you want us to rather accept the lies of your so called gospel of Barnabas.

Barnabas an apostle of Jesus indeed!!! Smh

laughing... who is the teacher of Paul? who was Paul following before he start writing about Jesus?

you guys know absolutely nothing about your man made religion..

you know Paul and you don't know Barnabas.. when na only 2go una go dey use phone do.. I don't think you do read Bible xef
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by SalC: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
DeathStroke007:

laughing... who is the teacher of Paul? who was Paul following before he start writing about Jesus?

you know Paul and you don't know Barnabas.. when na only 2go una go dey use phone do.. I don't think you do read Bible xef
I refrained from meaningless arguments like this already.

If you believe the writer of that book was same as Barnabas Paul's companion, then you must have descended from Mars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
SalC:
I refrained from meaningless arguments like this already.

If you believe the writer of that book was same as Barnabas Paul's companion, then you must have descended from Mars.

then your Christians scholars are from Mars
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by SalC: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
DeathStroke007:

then your Christians scholars are from Mars
https://www.nairaland.com/1823912/picture-original-manuscript-injeel-bible#24879356

So people still believe this crap? 1500 years old bible hehehe written 500 years after Jesus' crucifixion allegedly by one of his disciples who must have died some 400 years before? Having the name bible which was first used for the scriptures at about 300AD? written in spanish which Barnabas himself didn't speak?

Mtcheew next story please!

This is a post I made in another thread about this.

A Barnabas who claimed to be the Apostle of Jesus yet didn't know Herod and pilate didn't rule judea thesame time. And pilate wasn't even on seat when Jesus was born.

Go read the blunder in chapter 3 of your revered gospel.

I don't even wanna start,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by Bakrabas: 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
DeathStroke007:

as-salaam bro,i cnt blame dem much.awon pastors ti se tiwon moshe.dey cnt c anytin,dey cnt reason beyond dir g.o words.nw dat dey r goin 2 chrch witot bible ratha d smart phones and wen d pastor ask dem 2 open it na porn movie and whatsap majority dey do.tel mi hw dey wil knw bybul
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 6:42am On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:

https://www.nairaland.com/1823912/picture-original-manuscript-injeel-bible#24879356

A Barnabas who claimed to be the Apostle of Jesus yet didn't know Herod and pilate didn't rule judea thesame time. And pilate wasn't even on seat when Jesus was born.

am listening to your proof of Herod Pilate and Judea.... an eye witness is stating account of happenings and you saying another thing.. prove him wrong.. am all hears
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 6:42am On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:

am listening to your proof of Herod Pilate and Judea.... an eye witness is stating account of happenings and you saying another thing.. prove him wrong.. am all hears

and you saying A Barnabas.... simply means you know nothing about Barnabas
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 6:44am On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:

your proof Barnabas didn't speak Spanish
.. your proof that the Bible was written 1500years ago and your claims with the crucifixion
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by Richirich713: 8:13am On Jan 30, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Having gone forth from the house, Jesus retired into the garden to pray, according as his custom was to pray, bowing his knees an hundred times and prostrating himself upon his face. Judas, accordingly, knowing the place where Jesus was with his disciples, went to the high priest, and said: "If you will give me what was promised, this night will I give into your hand Jesus whom you seek; for he is alone with eleven companions." The high priest answered: "How much do you seek?" Judas said, "Thirty pieces of gold."
Then straightway the high priest counted to him the money, and sent a Pharisee to the governor to fetch soldiers, and to Herod, and they gave a legion of them, because they feared the people; wherefore they took their arms, and with torches and lanterns upon staves went out of Jerusalem.

When was the Gospel of Barnabas written ?

And isn't it corrupted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by SalC: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2016
DeathStroke007:

and you saying A Barnabas.... simply means you know nothing about Barnabas
Like seriously is this even worth debating on?

Herod ruled Judea from 37BC to 4BC while Pilate's reign was from 26AD to 36AD there is a clear 30 years difference between their regimes.

Herod ruled while Jesus was born while Pilate ruled during the period of his death. Both never ruled during his birth like your gospel of barnabas errornously want us to believe. So for someone who claimed to be an eye witness to commit such historic blunder casts a serious doubt on his claims.

Yes I refer to him as "A Barnabas" because this so called Barnabas can't be same as. Paul's companion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 8:43am On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:
Like seriously is this even worth debating on?

Herod ruled Judea from 37BC to 4BC while Pilate's reign was from 26AD to 36AD there is a clear 30 years difference between their regimes.

Herod ruled while Jesus was born while Pilate ruled during the period of his death. Both never ruled during his birth like your gospel of barnabas errornously want us to believe. So for someone who claimed to be an eye witness to commit such historic blunder casts a serious doubt on his claims.

Yes I refer to him as "A Barnabas" because this so called Barnabas can't be same as. Paul's companion.

Weldon my brother, God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth / Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? / Join The Fastest Growing Free Christian Telegram Group Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.