Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... (3943 Views)

"Slay Queen Syndrome" Term Paper At Nigeria Defence Academy / The Chop And Clean Mouth Syndrome. / Could This Beautiful Lady I Slept With Be An Ogbanje (witch) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Adaeze003(f): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2016
I know, I know... the topic is not romantic at all but then think about it, our forefathers probably said their SS children were ogbanje spirits... probably scolded them for coming to make them spend all their money when it wasn't their fault.

Ok that aside, now we know better but that doesn't change the fact that we're in any less of a pickle... Ehm ok, yes we're in less of a pickle but there's still a pickle. angry

So at some point in my life I got angry(like real anger oh) at people who would insist on marrying a carrier(AS) when they're carriers themselves and I remember once cautioning an advise seeking NLer not to try that. Well, I guess I didn't understand.

But when another human completely sweeps you off your feet... you know that point where you literally feel yourself breaking down the emotional walls(walls of steel oh cheesy) just to let someone in and then the dreaded question lands... "what's your genotype? " then you have this weird convo with yourself..

You: wait why is he asking?
You: he wouldn't care if he was AA rii?
You: well that's true after all I don't look SS...
You: OMG he's AS!

Lol! Well, the purpose of the thread?

To the AS folk, have you had an experience with another carrier? Do you think you'll even think about dating or getting married to a carrier?
Or did you get married to one?
Just to share experiences because I know some other people may be sailing the same boat trying to make the right decision. If it's too personal for you, just use the "a friend of mine" line, we'll understand. wink

To the AA folk, would have get married to a carrier? I know you think it's a no brainer after all there are no risks but ehm I've heard someone said he can't contaminate his bloodline? shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by AngryNigerian(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2016
Ehm, kedi afa gi ahu...I suspect say u be carrier like me abi grin

To be frank, it's not fun @ all! I once met a really nice & sweet girl in life, & we were totally into eachother!!! Then the bomb went off when we went for tests...and it was like after a year and...!!!

My Advice: do the necessary enquiries before going ahead, plsssss

1 Like

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2016
At signature..smallsmall o. Don't loose ur tenderness in the name of being tough. U are a woman biko.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2016
Am AA and i can get married to a carrier.

Contaminate bloodline? Wtf. AS and SS need us for the survival of their offsprings.

3 Likes

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by YorubaWoman: 9:23am On Jan 29, 2016
Even searching for a SS carrier to help grin

Yes help tongue
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Bhella5(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2016
Hmmm... This remind me of when i first discovered i am a carrier, o mehn i was clueless about what it meant until the doc now called me aside to explain the pros and cons. Since then i have always factored that before going into anything serious with a girl.

2 Likes

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2016
I'm an AS carrier and I don't mind me getting married to a fellow AS carrier esp if God says that's my future hubby. cheesy
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Taiwo20(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2016
Bloodgroup: O+
Genotype: AA

I'm always grateful to God for this....I have never been worried....but I don't think I would want to undergo the stress of dating/marrying an SS.

#TheyAreHumanstho.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Taiwo20(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:
I'm an AS carrier and I don't mind me getting married to a fellow AS carrier esp if God says that's my future hubby. cheesy

Please avoid that if you can. God is good tho...

Cos theirs one chance of an AA and SS then two chances of getting AS. That if you are having four kids.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Swaggeronfleak(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Fine girl better be wise oo...

Oh! You thinks its a jowking stolv han?

Just wait till u try the nonzenze nd see the who movie playing out.

I say again be wise! Make enquiries, as questions....its not a worthy risk my dear!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2016
Swaggeronfleak:

Fine girl better be wise oo...

Oh! You thinks its a jowking stolv han?

Just wait till u try the nonzenze nd see the who movie playing out.

I say again be wise! Make enquiries, as questions....its not a worthy risk my dear!

Lol.

Hmmm, am not joking but I just said what's in my mind.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by ashjay001(m): 10:41am On Jan 29, 2016
Taiwo20:

Cos there's one chance of an AA and SS then two chances of getting AS. That if you are having four kids.

Bro, doesn't wrk like dat o! Dat stuff means: evry time u gv birth, u av a chance of AA n SS, with 2 chances of AS. U just might be unlucky n av evry child as SS. Dat was wat bcame Ogbanje. D kid/s dat survived dat label, where mostly d lucky AA/AS.

I've known foreva, yet met a lady I tot I couldn't afford to be without. Tried breaking up b4 tins got deep, couldn't keep apart, went at it, den my commonsense took over. She hasn't forgiven me since den.

I wasn't worried abt us, but wat abt wen d kid/s are SS? He/she grows up n questions why u knownly put dem thru such hell!?

Though, dey are living longer nowadays n I recently read abt possible cures.

1. Replacing bone marrow(been arnd for sometime)

2. A kind of blood treatment/replacement.

2 Likes

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Swaggeronfleak(m): 10:42am On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Lol.
Hmmm, am not joking but I just said what's in my mind.
Careful what u wish for
I promise you, you don't want to go down that road...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2016
Taiwo20:

Cos theirs one chance of an AA and SS then two chances of getting AS. That if you are having four kids.

Nah.. Only having two.

Don't mind me, I'm just joking.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2016
Swaggeronfleak:

Careful what u wish for

I promise you, you don't want to go down that road...

Yes Sir!!!.

No, I don't even wanna go through dat pain. I know what it feels like.

Ur children are going through pain, and d parents are seeing hell as deir children groan in pain.
embarassed.
Life ain't easy #
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2016
ashjay001:

Bro, doesn't wrk like dat o! Dat stuff means: evry time u gv birth, u av a chance of AA n SS, with 2 chances of AS. U just might be unlucky n av evry child as SS. Dat was wat bcame Ogbanje. D kid/s dat survived dat label, where mostly d lucky AA/AS.

I've known foreva, yet met a lady I tot I couldn't afford to be without. Tried breaking up b4 tins got deep, couldn't keep apart, went at it, den my commonsense took over. She hasn't forgiven me since den.

I wasn't worried abt us, but wat abt wen d kid/s are SS? He/she grows up n questions why u knownly put dem thru such hell!?

Though, dey are living longer nowadays n I recently read abt possible cures.

1. Replacing bone marrow(been arnd for sometime)

2. A kind of blood treatment/replacement.

True talk.. I even attended a seminar like that wen I was still in Secondary school. A beauty queen at dat time was an SS carrier, she was even the speaker for the seminar. She had that replacement of bone marrow.

Bt d replacement of blood marrow is 50:50. U could lose ur life in d process.

# prevention is berra dan cure.
lipsrsealed
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Swaggeronfleak(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Yes Sir!!!.

No, I don't even wanna go through dat pain. I know what it feels like.

Ur children are going through pain, and d parents are seeing hell as deir children groan in pain.
embarassed.
Life ain't easy #

Oh..so u even know sef

Heheheeeee...akwa ugo I go knee dan pray for you oo...chaiii
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:
Trust me.

You don't want Your future kids suffering the pains n crisis A sickecell'd patient Encounter.

You'd forever hate yourself for making that decision especially When You already Knew the truth and still went Ahead to, tempting fate, When it could've been thwarted.

Our parents and Ancestors never knew about this, we should be glad we're actually Aware of This.
Biko, don't let Religion cloud your better judgement. You'd only live to regret it.sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2016
Estharfabian:
Trust me.

You don't want Your future kids suffering the pains n crisis A sickecell'd patients Encounters.

You'd forever hate yourself for making that decision especially When'd You already Knew the truth and still went Ahead to, tempting fate, When it could've been thwarted.

Our parents and Ancestry never knew about this, we should be glad we're actually Aware of This.
Biko, don't let Religion cloud your better judgement. You'd only live to regret it.sad

Yeah I know about the pains and sufferings.

I just wanted to say it.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Swaggeronfleak:

Oh..so u even know sef
Heheheeeee...akwa ugo I go knee dan pray for you oo...chaiii
Lol, wats akwa Ugo?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:
I know, I know... the topic is not romantic at all but then think about it, our forefathers probably said their SS children were ogbanje spirits... probably scolded them for coming to make them spend all their money when it wasn't their fault.

Ok that aside, now we know better but that doesn't change the fact that we're in any less of a pickle... Ehm ok, yes we're in less of a pickle but there's still a pickle. angry

So at some point in my life I got angry(like real anger oh) at people who would insist on marrying a carrier(AS) when they're carriers themselves and I remember once cautioning an advise seeking NLer not to try that. Well, I guess I didn't understand.

But when another human completely sweeps you off your feet... you know that point where you literally feel yourself breaking down the emotional walls(walls of steel oh cheesy) just to let someone in and then the dreaded question lands... "what's your genotype? " then you have this weird convo with yourself..

You: wait why is he asking?
You: he wouldn't care if he was AA rii?
You: well that's true after all I don't look SS...
You: OMG he's AS!

Lol! Well, the purpose of the thread?

To the AS folk, have you had an experience with another carrier? Do you think you'll even think about dating or getting married to a carrier?
Or did you get married to one?
Just to share experiences because I know some other people may be sailing the same boat trying to make the right decision. If it's too personal for you, just use the "a friend of mine" line, we'll understand. wink

To the AA folk, would have get married to a carrier? I know you think it's a no brainer after all there are no risks but ehm I've heard someone said he can't contaminate his bloodline? shocked shocked

@the bolded, that is rather harsh. Im AA and my boyfriend is AS and we have all the intentions of getting married...bloodline ni, waterline ko
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
Speechless3:
Am AA and i can get married to a carrier.

Contaminate bloodline? Wtf. AS and SS need us for the survival of their offsprings.

grin grin grin

i like the way that sounds
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

God will not allow you do something so foolish in the name of marriage/destiny...only your emotions will and I hope you can withstand the tears and heart break

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Laveda(f): 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:
Speak positive things instead angry

undecided God won't plan such for you...

1 Like

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by MizMyColi(f): 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

smiley
I'm just wondering why though.
Is it possible for God to give you an AS guy as your future hubby when he knows you are one too?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
YorubaWoman:
Even searching for a SS carrier to help grin

Yes help tongue
Lawd have mercy grin

I can't marry an AS but I can date em cause no be everyone u date you go marry.
Which reminds me, lemme go ask some ppl their blood type grin
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by YorubaWoman: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Lawd have mercy grin

I can't marry an AS but I can date em cause no be everyone u date you go marry.
Which reminds me, lemme go ask some ppl their blood type grin
Go ask o, babe smiley

Am AA baba yi na AA but am still thinking of helping a SS carrier out wink
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 2:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
Damn! Life is unfair, I mean why does it look like we have many carriers than, non-carriers? Imagine a situation where you will have to marry someone you don't want to marry, because he/she is AA, because that's the first question on everyone's lips nowadays, what's your genotype..
Seems like AS and SS got no choice, when AA comes around for marriage?

1 Like

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
skarlett:

grin grin grin

i like the way that sounds
cheesygrinsmiley

1 Like

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Adaeze003(f): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Are you serious? The kid thing doesn't scare you at all?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Adaeze003(f): 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
Taiwo20:

Nope, AA and SS will never have an SS kid actually and for AS and AS, it's a 1/4 thing. Although not everything follows the science rules, you might just end up having all SS kids shocked or be lucky to have none t all sef...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Taiwo20(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:

Nope, AA and SS will never have an SS kid actually and for AS and AS, it's a 1/4 thing. Although not everything follows the science rules, you might just end up having all SS kids shocked or be lucky to have none t all sef...

Sorry! I was actually referring to AS and SS, AS and AS. But God works in mysterious ways, that doesn't mean we should test him sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, When You Show Cleavage Do You Want Men To Look Or Not? / Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World / Meet The Two Hottest Guys On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.