Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,666 members, 7,805,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... (3955 Views)

"Slay Queen Syndrome" Term Paper At Nigeria Defence Academy / The Chop And Clean Mouth Syndrome. / Could This Beautiful Lady I Slept With Be An Ogbanje (witch) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Lol.

Hmmm, am not joking but I just said what's in my mind.

You are a wicked human being!
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
I learnt that Science has proven that AS and AS can marry. When the wife is pregnant, at two or three months of pregnancy, she should go do test so as to know the genotype of the baby.
If the test says the baby's genotype is SS, she should go and flush it.
But if the test says AA, or AS, she should keep it

1 Like

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
MizMyColi:

smiley
I'm just wondering why though.
Is it possible for God to give you an AS guy as your future hubby when he knows you are one too?
Lolz, ma'am.

I really don't know sha bt all I know is We all don't know what God kips in store for us.
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
daretodiffer:

You are a wicked human being!

I'm not.

Am telling you d facts.

Lemme tell ya something, I've seen a couple who are both educated with the AS carrier and have 2 SS kids.
They're doing their best and d kids are doing fine.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Laveda:
Speak positive things instead angry
undecided God won't plan such for you...

Lolz, ma'am I know.
But things happen
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
skarlett:

God will not allow you do something so foolish in the name of marriage/destiny...only your emotions will and I hope you can withstand the tears and heart break

OK ma'am.

Bt d question is Who will now marry d SS carrier.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

I'm not.

Am telling you d facts.

Lemme tell ya something, I've seen a couple who are both educated with the AS carrier and have 2 SS kids.
#

Let me tell you something

I know three families with SS kids. Two educated but in their family, the husband is educated but the wife is not.

You do not know anything. You are yet to witness their crisis episodes, you have only seen the best of their lives.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
daretodiffer:
#

Let me tell you something

I know three families with SS kids. Two educated but in their family, the husband is educated but the wife is not.

You do not know anything. You are yet to witness their crisis episodes, you have only seen the best of their lives.

Hmmmm. Na wa o..

Hw r the kids doing?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Adaeze003(f): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
samukoji:
I learnt that Science has proven that AS and AS can marry. When the wife is pregnant, at two or three months of pregnancy, she should go do test so as to know the genotype of the baby.

Well, I think I'm a little religious and Nigerians in general are and might consider flushing AKA abortion as a big no no especially in marriage...

But then, are there no risks in the said "flushing"?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Adaeze003(f): 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

OK ma'am.

Someone with AA genotype, there's no possibility of getting an SS kid.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:

Aiit. Thanks for yo help.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Hmmmm. Na wa o..

Hw r the kids doing?

Do you also know that their life expectancy is very very low? Add that to the lack of proper healthcare in Nigeria and the pains the children have to go through angry. It will take a wicked person to go ahead with the marriage except the person is very rich. You can check a foetus genotype before it is born. If it is SS, you could abort it!

The question is 'will you have the emotional strength to abort it'
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
daretodiffer:

Do you also know that their life expectancy is very very low? Add that to the lack of proper healthcare in Nigeria and the pains the children have to go through angry. It will take a wicked person to go ahead with the marriage except the person is very rich. You can check a foetus genotype before it is born. If it is SS, you could abort it!

The question is 'will you have the emotional strength to abort it'

shocked.

I don't think I can have it. I'm too emotional lipsrsealed
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:

its like they normal suffer pains when they are kids than when they are adults?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Adaeze003(f): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
frakdon:
its like they normal suffer pains when they are kids than when they are adults?

I think we'll need someone in the medical field to say for sure but I've heard something like that before now...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:

I think we'll need someone in the medical field to say for sure but I've heard something like that before now...

yeah, because I am wondering,how does an adult carrier tends to manage his/her family, when in pains...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by lepasharon(f): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nigerians and Sickle cell...hmm hmm. Nigerians have the worst attitude towards ppl with Sickle cell.

Imagine someone saying Sickle cell is worse than HIV. SS Is stigmatised in Nigeria.

If anyone dares to patronise me for my genotype, they are gonna hear it.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ebayray:

OK ma'am.

If you're a non-carrier by all means do especially if you love the person. But if you are abeg don't go down that lane.

People with the SS genotype get married too
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
lepasharon:
Nigerians and Sickle cell...hmm hmm. Nigerians have the worst attitude towards ppl with Sickle cell.

Imagine someone saying Sickle cell is worse than HIV. SS Is stigmatised in Nigeria. If anyone dares to patronise me for my genotype, they are gonna hear it.
madam, forget English, as a woman u should care of ur partner's genotype..
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by lepasharon(f): 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
frakdon:
madam, forget English, as a woman u should care of ur partner's genotype..

Of course you should but I hate Nigerian ppls attitude
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by lepasharon(f): 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:

because the older we get, the more we know how to care for ourselves better. We know what to avoid that will cause us too much stress.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Lawd have mercy grin

I can't marry an AS but I can date em cause no be everyone u date you go marry.
Which reminds me, lemme go ask some ppl their blood type grin
hmmm...

na so dem many?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 11:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
lepasharon:

Of course you should but I hate Nigerian ppls attitude
I hear u, like to say we r the 1st with attitude...if u r AA marry SS, then others will follow suit.
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
samukoji:
u mean murder?

abi na excrete u dey talk?
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnson232:
hmmm...
na so dem many?
more than many....
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
lepasharon:

Imagine someone saying Sickle cell is worse than HIV. SS Is stigmatised in Nigeria. If anyone dares to patronise me for my genotype, they are gonna hear it.
this is not true...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by lepasharon(f): 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnson232:

this is not true...

Yes it is undecided
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by frakdon(m): 11:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
lepasharon:

Yes it is undecided
well, I have nt heard any of it before, even though I know some that r SS...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Adaeze003:

Well, I think I'm a little religious and Nigerians in general are and might consider flushing AKA abortion as a big no no especially in marriage...

But then, are there no risks in the said "flushing"?
even without nigerians, u urself no know say abortion bad?

and u say u are religious?

well, dont knw the religion though....
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 11:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
lepasharon:

Yes it is undecided
and i say it is not true... undecided

what u wrote is spuriously magnumopus....
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 12:06am On Jan 30, 2016
Ebayray:

I'm not.

Am telling you d facts.

hmmm...
are u sure u have sense? undecided

u sound surreal...

have u seen someone go through the rigours of sickle cell disease before?

ur kids might hate u for life, when they find out u deliberately went into the marriage...
Re: The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... by johnson232: 12:10am On Jan 30, 2016
efemena22 & adaeze003 una no dey sleep?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, When You Show Cleavage Do You Want Men To Look Or Not? / Advice Needed: He Was Calling Another Lady's Name During Sex / Top Sex Positions That'll To Get Your Wife Pregnant, Quicker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.