Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,879 members, 7,798,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? (18722 Views)

Which Is More Important To You As A Man. Your Wife Or Business/work? / Should A Man Donate Sperm To Help Out An Infertile Family Or Friend? / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
Vintagee:
As much as who sits at the front is not so important, the guys attitude says a lot on the king of person he is.

On the few occasion my husband already has his friend in the car before my joining them, the friends always get off the front seat for me which I always decline.

Had the guy made an effort to get up the lady wouldn't have allowed him. I am also surprised the way he keeps on saying his friend dare not ask him to go to the back. This shows they are of the same ilk with little respect for women.

Sweet hat wake up! Its 2016! Respect for women shocked ova a chair thou undecided

Maybe they had a conversation going. B!tch don't kill his vibe grin that's a song by the way no offense.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Miami11: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

Sweet hat wake up! Its 2016! Respect for women shocked ova a chair thou undecided

Maybe they had a conversation going. B!tch don't kill his vibe grin that's a song by the way no offense.

The issue is not even the seat, the issue is posters arrogant attitude of trying to engage the wife in a tug of power, saying his known his friend longer than the wife and such, no wander the wife threw you a dirty look, you lack respect poster.

8 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Vintagee: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

If you actually read and understood my post you will know that my point is not just about the seat but the manner the guy is going about it as if his presence is more important to the guy than that of the wife.

No woman will just take offence that she is occupying the back seat of her husband's car while the friend is at the front but for the lady to have changed her countenance and the guy noticed it shows that this is not the first time something of such will happen.

And even if this is 2026, for the guys to be proudly saying that his friend dare not ask him to go to the back seat, I maintain that the guy has absolute disregard for the friends wife and I suppose other women in his life as well.

10 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by cococandy(f): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
mylove4him:

You are absolutely right. People tend to take themselves too seriously. This front seat issue all the time. Humans should just learn to take life in simple steps but the problem is that we arrogate so much pride to things. Men and women having so much entitled opinion. I don't ever drag front seat with any one. Hubby comes to pick me severally and he has his male friend in the front seat. I simply allow him to seat there. Sometimes the guy might say oya iyawo come to the front, I will jokingly say oga sit there jare.

So much pride so much entitlement so much my space.
@bold is the summary. He's obviously more sensible than this OP.
At least it means nothing but he recognizes that it may mean something to you since everyone is not the same hence he gave You the opportunity to go with whichever you prefer.

Personally I'd consider a lady who insists on taking the chair somehow petty. so you telling him to never mind is just in line and normal with what any mature person would do. And him offering it is also what a mature guy would do.
Not the OP kind of fellow. In fact the woman didn't even say anything to him but he read facial expressions and came to create thread on NL.

Agbaya cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by jashar(f): 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
angry mtcheeeewwwwwww.......... instead of some people to respect themselves and buy their own car. they are busy dragging front seat with a married persons' spouse.

From what I've read, the op is egoistic. I guess that's what the wife was reacting to not necessarily the seat per se.

I blame the husband. Birds of a feather they say...

4 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by jashar(f): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Gasout:

U think am arrogant? No! Am not. Even her hubby(my friend) cannot dare ask me to move to the back seat.

Like this statement isn't arrogant? tongue oh puhlllleeeezzzzeeeeeee!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by jashar(f): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
freecocoa:
Op you are very mannerless and I am sure that's part of why the woman doesn't like you, but she also seem to have married a man who doesn't respect her enough.

EggovinMma you are crazy.grin

Seriously, several screws are loose in her head. See as she just dey para up and down. grin grin grin. Na she fit the OP. cheesy
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Moana(f): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
Gasout:

Is that an indirect way of asking how much I worth and if am still in a marriageable age? Sorry dear, this dude is booked! grin grin

Marriage and buying of car(s) has nothing to do with age my Dear. Beside, u don't knw me.
Please don't flatter yourself i don't want a guy who is busy competing with people's wives instead of getting his own. grin

Maybe if you get your own car you will stop controlling your friend's car. They are married and they have become one whats his is hers not his bestfriend's.

Or maybe this is the first car you are getting into thats why you feel the great need to sit in front come rain come thunder. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by mylove4him(f): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
cococandy:

At least it means nothing but he recognizes that it may mean something to you since everyone is not the same hence he gave You the opportunity to go with whichever you prefer.

Personally I'd consider a lady who insists on taking the chair somehow petty. so you telling him to never mind is just in line and normal with what any mature person would do. And him offering it is also what a mature guy would do.
Not the OP kind of fellow. In fact the woman didn't even say anything to him but he read facial expressions and came to create thread on NL.

Agbaya cheesy
You are right jare. The Op has some ego issues he needs to deal with. He felt at that moment that the front seat is his entitlement. He should have stood up and let the friends wife be the one to tell him not to worry.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by mylove4him(f): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
crackhaus:

Okay now I'm just going to tell you that I want to know you better...you think just like me cheesy

Woah, okay I saw you typed hubby somewhere...sorry ma gringrin
You got me laughing out loud there. It is just my nature jare, I don't take things like this too serious. I am more of a simple person. My motto is live and let's live. I get so irritated wen people have this sense of entitlement .

Your apology is accepted

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by mylove4him(f): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Timbuktou:

Abeg, your self esteem is non-existent. You go to the back willingly, without malice, without drama, and your husband doesn't get a talking to at home? You are a modern day slave. What a shame. Just in case you don't know, your husband neither loves nor respects you. Pity, pity. shocked shocked angry angry
Do you mind explaining your write up? Well I don't need you to judge me or my self esteem. There are important things to me and my marriage than front seat of a car. I have more important things to think of.

You are very funny to think that mua will quarrel my hubby wen I get home cos of a front seat? Wake up dearie.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
mylove4him:

Do you mind explaining your write up? Well I don't need you to judge me or my self esteem. There are important things to me and my marriage than front seat of a car. I have more important things to think of.

You are very funny to think that mua will quarrel my hubby wen I get home cos of a front seat? Wake up dearie.

Sarcasm, love. That's why my comment is in italics.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Gasout(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
mylove4him:

You are right jare. The Op has some ego issues he needs to deal with. He felt at that moment that the front seat is his entitlement. He should have stood up and let the friends wife be the one to tell him not to worry.
jashar:
angry mtcheeeewwwwwww.......... instead of some people to respect themselves and buy their own car. they are busy dragging front seat with a married persons' spouse.
From what I've read, the op is egoistic. I guess that's what the wife was reacting to not necessarily the seat per se.
I blame the husband. Birds of a feather they say...
cococandy:

Agbaya cheesy
Miami11:

The issue is not even the seat, the issue is posters arrogant attitude of trying to engage the wife in a tug of power, saying his known his friend longer than the wife and such, no wander the wife threw you a dirty look, you lack respect poster.
Ioannes:
op, if you don't know that the wife is more important than any yeye "best friend" please don't get married yet. at least until you do. na beg I dey beg o.
when they say don't put asunder what God has joined together didn't you know that they were also referring to situations like this?
your wife and you have become one flesh and one spirit. she should be your best fwend.
you shouldn't have been told before you hustled your arse to the back seat.
Mamatee07:
I don't think the major issue is the seat but the fact that clearly you lack respect for women and i'am sure your friend's wife has noticed your attitude. A gentleman would offer her the seat and you'll see she'll ask you to stay there while she moves to the back. It's that gesture that shows respect and that's what you are lacking. As others have mentioned would it be okay if your wife's friend acted in the same way to you I guess not and pls stop saying no African man believes in gender equality in the home because that is not true. There are any well exposed and travelled African men with good upbringing who believe in gender equality all through

Enough of the insults. We are all in learning process. I think a lesson has be learnt. My perception has change. Thank u all...

4 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
Gasout:

Enough of the insults. We are all in learning process. I think a lesson has be learnt. My perception has change. Thank u all...

u welcome. and I think your not taking the jabs personal shows you are matured too. smiley
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Mamatee07: 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
Gasout:

Good that your perception has changed, now go and sin no more grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by cococandy(f): 12:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Gasout:

Awesome.

I apologize
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Neverquit(f): 5:13am On Jan 31, 2016
Dude, that's the definition of arrogance undecided

Gasout:

U think am arrogant? No! Am not. Even her hubby(my friend) cannot dare ask me to move to the back seat.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by JoyPaulLaw(m): 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
xpac01:

My, what do you mean?. Even my boss would have to stay at the back for my wife. Except if my wife humbly decided to step back. But as long as she feels like sitting at the front, the front is her prioritized exclusive position.

You will make heaven with comments like this.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by xpac01(m): 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
JoyPaulLaw:

You will make heaven with comments like this.
Yea bro. The day I made the comment I slept with 72 virgins that night... In my dreams tho cheesy
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by nuelyoyo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2017

what's stopping you from buying your own car? Maybe you should start sharing same bedroom with your best friend.
lol

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by player007(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Gasout:

Even if that person is ur best friend?

YES. your wife first, before friends or even Family.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
It is mostly the single men or chauvinists that will say the wife should stay at the back. Thank God my husband's friends have sense even the single ones. They get off and ask me to come forward and allow me decline or accept. Most times i decline.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by tempem: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2017
xpac01:

My, what do you mean?. Even my boss would have to stay at the back for my wife. Except if my wife humbly decided to step back. But as long as she feels like sitting at the front, the front is her prioritized exclusive position.
I believe the statement that "time tells on our opinions".

Look at my comment up there, never knew I was the one who wrote that...

Bro, you are right and I am wrong..
My wife is the next person after God!!
#fact!!

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by lawzolk: 11:04am On Sep 05, 2017
@op This is my first time ever commenting on a topic here. I'm so surprised about a lot of opinions here. Its so disrespectful for any grown up man to leave the front seat in such a situation. Had it being the three of you were moving to enter the car, then it's foolish for any BEST FRIEND to try and make a move to sit at the front seat. Common sense should tell anyone that's a wife's position, a man most important companion. But in the senerio you mentioned, damn,she should humbly sit at the back,just for that little time. Nobody is dragging her husband with her. Well like someone said, maybe her level of respect for you is so low.
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Sarang(f): 6:29am On Sep 06, 2017
Gasout:

Even if that person is ur best friend?

What best friend? His wife is his flesh!!

It is simple etiquette. He should have come down and go to the back except she says it's okay.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Sarang(f): 6:30am On Sep 06, 2017
xpac01:

Intelligent!
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Sarang(f): 6:32am On Sep 06, 2017
Creamish:

Applause!

OP...there are certain things U don't brag about in public... and the below behavior isn't far from the top of the list .

He politely ignored lol.
If it was me, I would politely ask him to please move to the back lol grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by Sarang(f): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2017
Gasout:

No African man believed or practice equal right

It is not a right..it is common sense. Do to others what you wish to be done to you
Re: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? by sisisioge: 6:50am On Sep 06, 2017
I really don't care who sits where. Let's just go to wherever it is we are going. Wherever I sit...the Bobo will still know I'm close by. I will pinch him, make eye contacts, do faces and just still be me. The fight about who sits where has gotten old mehn grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Must A Girl Marry???? / Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness / My Baby Boy Is Six Months Old And I Am Pregnant Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.