Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. (15870 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by luvbooks(f): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.

The Famished Road by Ben Okri

Those books were the most incomprehensible things I ever had the misfortune to pick up. And I've read a LOT of books.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by adebayo201: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
Himmm
any novel dat wil make me sleep is uninteresting. sad
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by doyin13(m): 4:37pm On Feb 27, 2010
Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code.

Rubbish Book.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by dominique(f): 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2010
smooooooth:

who ever wrote lester the vampire?  angry

and who said something about John Grisham, pls dnt even go dia. dat guy is DA BOMB! kiss

thats because you've not read his more recent books. very disappointing IMO
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by vescucci(m): 3:44pm On Mar 02, 2010
I read an apparition by Daniel Steele once. Let's just say that was the end of my fling with her. And an apparition is not the title of the book. That's how forgettable the book was.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by OmoFyne: 3:15am On Mar 03, 2010
I DONT KNO ABOUT UNINTERESTING BOOKS BUT I KNO SOME VERY INTERESTING BOOKS WRITTEN BY Pastor Taiwo Odubiyi
http://www.taiwoodubiyiministries.com/estore.php
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by OmoFyne: 3:16am On Mar 03, 2010
THEY ARE ROMANCE NOVELS LIKE OH BABY A VERY GOOD ONE
http://www.taiwoodubiyiministries.com/estore.php
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by vescucci(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
huh?
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by dominique(f): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
vescucci:

I read an apparition by Daniel Steele once. Let's just say that was the end of my fling with her. And an apparition is not the title of the book. That's how forgettable the book was.

was it about widow and a widower who sailed a yacht and found love bla bla bla. i've forgotten the title. that book was gaddem boring. i dont i can ever read any of her books again.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by vescucci(m): 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2010
A fine day. I believe that's the title. Strangely, all I remember is a drive on a long and windy road and my utter distaste for the book. I rarely abandon books midway but this one set a record.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by vescucci(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2010
I was reading this thread a little more. It's damn sad how someone will call some of the best books on earth boring. I think when you have no capacity to enjoy such books you have no business soiling them or defaming their memories. I know the 'to each his own' brigade will fall out now and do a parade but dammit this is pushing it. How can a sane person call 1984, Les Miserables, Fools Die, The Man Died etc boring. I've not read The Famished Road but someone I love loves it and The Booker prize is not an Oscar. Books that win are automatically great reads. Shit, I think I've bursted a vein.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by vescucci(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
I was reading this thread a little more. It's damn sad how someone will call some of the best books on earth boring. I think when you have no capacity to enjoy such books you have no business soiling them or defaming their memories. I know the 'to each his own' brigade will fall out now and do a parade but dammit this is pushing it. How can a sane person call 1984, Les Miserables, Fools Die, The Man Died etc boring. I've not read The Famished Road but someone I love loves it and The Booker prize is not an Oscar. Books that win are automatically great reads. Shit, I think I've bursted a vein.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Prettychick89: 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2010
a painted house by John Grisham, After reading that novel, i CRIED my eyes out because i wasted 3 whole days of my life to read it
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2010
@vescucci. Someone also said Dan Brown's THE DA VINCI CODE was a "rubbish book", d first time I've heard that! But 1984 was a boring one.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by larryhomie(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2010
the best of you means being the good person everybody envisions. check it out at
http://betterlarry..com/
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by parislomo(f): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2010
Prettychick89:

a painted house by John Grisham, After reading that novel, i CRIED my eyes out because i wasted 3 whole days of my life to read it

lwkmdddddddd. . . pele. Three days crying?? I thought I was the cry baby. I feel you gan. I remember crying over wasted hours on a movie too sometime back.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
doyin13:

Rubbish Book.

first time i've heard that. why?
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by doyin13(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
slap1:

first time i've heard that. why?

Based on the hype. . .it had as much suspense as a Hardy Boys mystery.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2010
doyin13:

Based on the hype. . .it had as much suspense as a Hardy Boys mystery.

now i understand. . . . grin
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
I don't know if I've mentioned it here but George 0rwell's 1984 is as boring as staring at an unpainted wall. na real wa for that book. never got to finish it.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Shuku: 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2011
Troynow:
 The most uninteresting book i've read is Trojan Odyssey by can remember the author, the book is nice. It's by Clive Cussler. You probably jes don't like its genre, thasall
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by emofine(f): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
"Solace" . . . something (in fact the book was so unappealing I forgot the complete name undecided)

I think it was geared towards middle-aged female divorcees and whilst it could have had the ingredients to be entertaining if they went down the bitter route grin instead it became a borefest as it meandered towards a damp rites of passage instead angry I only read it towards the end because the last chapter had a final sex scene tongue
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by N101: 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
doyin13:

Rubbish Book.

I agree.  A friend insisted that I read it, found it annoying and couldn't get past the third chapter.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2011
N101:

I agree.  A friend insisted that I read it, found it annoying and couldn't get past the third chapter.
To each, their own, I guess. That book is certainly in my good books.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by olsmade(m): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2012
I don't know if I should say this but I just can't seem to finish 'Tale of two cities' by Charles Dickens.
I have read some of his other works like David Copperfield and über loved it.
Dunno why this one bores me but hopefully, I'll give it a go again sometime soon.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Impulse80(m): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2012
Those short stu.pid Books by ghananian authors their attempt at depicting sex scenes is laughable sometimes i start doubting the sanity of their writers
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by favouredjb(f): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ayie kwei arma's Beautiful ones re not yet born
Dean kuntz -intensity
George orwell's 1984
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Proessay(m): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2012
Wat goin on ,am new
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by mbulela: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
luvbooks:

The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.

The Famished Road by Ben Okri

Those books were the most incomprehensible things I ever had the misfortune to pick up. And I've read a LOT of books.

I have tried it twice but gave up on both occasions. i will give it a 3rd try again.
Same with 100 years of Solitude.
I think it is a matter of taste, they just do not fit my taste.

vescucci:

I was reading this thread a little more. It's damn sad how someone will call some of the best books on earth boring. I think when you have no capacity to enjoy such books you have no business soiling them or defaming their memories. I know the 'to each his own' brigade will fall out now and do a parade but dammit this is pushing it. How can a sane person call 1984, Les Miserables, Fools Die, The Man Died etc boring. I've not read The Famished Road but someone I love loves it and The Booker prize is not an Oscar. Books that win are automatically great reads. poo, I think I've bursted a vein.
there is nothing sad about it. it is all a matter of taste.
this snobbish attitude is what i find unacceptable.
it is like jazz lovers who try to crucify the likes of Kirk Whalum and even Kenny G. such snobbery bothers on insecurity.
different books cater to different tastes and even moods. Booker price is no supreme court of Heaven. most of their analysis are mechanical and are not necessarily appreciated by the buying public.
That is the reason why if you check out Amazon reviews,they are always mixed and bear in mind that Amazon reviewers are often seasoned readers.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Impulse80(m): 5:14am On Jan 19, 2012
Did i hear sum1 complaining about the beautiful ones are not yet born? Pls dat book is very matured and sensible. Just try reading it again.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 19, 2012
Two books i tried hard to read but couldn't.
Angela's Ashes (supposed to be a classic) and Blood Work (Michael Conelley).

The stories were ok, but just wasn't feeling it.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 19, 2012
I was reading this thread a little more. It's damn sad how someone will call some of the best books on earth boring. I think when you have no capacity to enjoy such books you have no business soiling them or defaming their memories. I know the 'to each his own' brigade will fall out now and do a parade but dammit this is pushing it. How can a sane person call 1984, Les Miserables, Fools Die, The Man Died etc boring. I've not read The Famished Road but someone I love loves it and The Booker prize is not an Oscar. Books that win are automatically great reads. poo, I think I've bursted a vein.

It's a matter of taste.

I have the book Fools Die and it is a nice read.
However, i don't think i find it interesting enough to re-read it.

The Godfather and Omerta is also by the same author and i can read it over and over again.
Doesn't mean Mario Puzo is crap because i don't find Fools Die as the bomb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+) / ****His Little Secret*** / Death Not Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.