Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB (30261 Views)

7 Secret Of Scoring 280 And Above In 2017 UTME / 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In Jamb / 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by tartar9(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
this one na talk.everyone knows what to do to pass,its just laziness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Wizkoko(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
aNAIJAFAN:
Tor! Which means that You sat for it more than once..

Due to WAEC issues i guess.
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Steffy2015(f): 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
drTiv:
well done Op....
I actually applied those principles some 1 2 years ago...and u know what..? It fetched me medicine @ 297 in Uniben!
biko stop lying jooor
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Bishops10(m): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
herbie27:
na runs dem do na
How many meters.... is it relay? undecided
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
dtyla:
pls do reply,do u mind tellin ur jamb and post-utme scores cause i chose unn this year.

255, jamb
333, putme
294 agg.
UNN respects merit, just gear up and score up to 250 in jamb, I'll tell you on how to prepare for putme
Best wishes

1 Like

Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
hope u are having fun in the den?

Sure. Seems you're a super lion?
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Zurielistic: 12:28am On Jan 30, 2016
But OP Dapromzy333, I know you very well. You've never passed JAMB before. In 2011, you scored 120.

2012 you even tried to score 142.

After scoring 165 in 2013 you gave up and went to learn aluminium work.

Come on bro, remember what you told me about keeping it real.
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by futurenix(m): 6:48am On Jan 30, 2016
This your 280 and above is it for those studying arts or Sciences?
I wrote a little about JAMB to my students when I was in the system.
When it comes to JAMB, the subjects is the real factor. Let me use these three groups of students which of course is the majority :

1. students writing Literature , Government, CRS should be the first to finish the exam and scores of 300 and above are very possible.

2. Students writing Biology, Chemistry and Physics (pharmacy, medicine, nursing etc.) are the second group of students and scores of 260 and above is very possible.

3. Students writing Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry are likely to score the lowest in JAMB and are always caught up with time.

Calculations eat up time in such exams hence my conclusion for the third group as 98% of the Maths, 75-80% of the Physics and 70-75% of the Chemistry involves calculations which may take more than one minute as compared to the "read and shade" of the first group.

I can confidently say the time allocated for JAMB is okay or too much for the first group, fair for the second but not enough for the third and that should be looked into cause it's not a fair exam from my studies.

So here is a little advise if you fall in the third group

Don't ever start this exam from Mathematics cause your heading for below 200. Study your chemistry and Physics very well. Start with Chemistry and move through Physics and if there's time deal with the mathematics.

Students always fall for the trick going for the Maths which always appears on the first page. That Maths placed there is the little trick even job interview test questions obey this rule, "tough questions first and simpler ones last"

The mathematics will use over half the time allocated for the three subjects and the exam will terminate while your still on the second subject.

Before someone tells me am not good in mathematics, hence my assertion, that's not the case. I have mathematics and further mathematics in both my ordinary and advanced level certs.

Again, I did not write this for argumentative purposes just my little observation which might be helpful to some folks here. You can reach out to your friends and siblings if you find it helpful and await the million thanks you will get when the result is out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by NeonDee(m): 7:09am On Jan 30, 2016
safarigirl:
JAMB is beans, WAEC is the koko. Never scored less than 250 in any JAMB
Sounds like you're JAMB customer.... grin
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by safarigirl(f): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2016
dplomaticVal:

I thought council of legal education withdrew their license, how true?
law is still on here, they just can't admit new students till 2017, but the rest of us that got admission for law years before are still eligible for law school.

There is no 100 level law for now.
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by safarigirl(f): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2016
NeonDee:

Sounds like you're JAMB customer.... grin
more like WAEC, JAMB never bested me, it was always Maths in WAEC fu-cking me up.

My first JAMB got me on the Merit list for Law in Unilag and I didn't even read for that exam, but I lost the admission because of Maths Credit.

Anyway, those days are gone, I got my Credit Maths and got my Law Admission 4 years ago
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by NeonDee(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2016
safarigirl:
more like WAEC, JAMB never bested me, it was always Maths in WAEC fu-cking me up.

My first JAMB got me on the Merit list for Law in Unilag and I didn't even read for that exam, but I lost the admission because of Maths Credit.

Anyway, those days are gone, I got my Credit Maths and got my Law Admission 4 years ago
Thumbs up ma'am!
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
fimbar25:

Sure. Seems you're a super lion?
yes I am. 'Super Lioness'

2 Likes

Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by dtyla(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
fimbar25:

255, jamb
333, putme
294 agg.
UNN respects merit, just gear up and score up to 250 in jamb, I'll tell you on how to prepare for putme
Best wishes
Thanks a lot,i will do my best.
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
any student with 260 and above are mostly art.

Because they don't write mathematics in both jamb and putme.

that does not me the sciences can't. I know of someone with 297( math, English, physics, chemistry) in jamb.

my advice is : read your books and most especially past questions don't forget your God. $tudying accounting in one of the first five university in Nigeria
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by dplomaticVal: 12:02am On Jan 31, 2016
safarigirl:
law is still on here, they just can't admit new students till 2017, but the rest of us that got admission for law years before are still eligible for law school.

There is no 100 level law for now.

kk. you guys are vry fortunate. I thought they wld have relegated u folks to english or pol sci.
thank yr stars
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by safarigirl(f): 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
dplomaticVal:

kk. you guys are vry fortunate. I thought they wld have relegated u folks to english or pol sci.
thank yr stars
we no be engineering students

They relegated those who applied law this year to pol science and the likes though.... the school still sends students to law school, the last 2 sets have all gone
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by drTiv: 4:56am On May 06, 2016
Steffy2015:
biko stop lying jooor
to u...? may I know u..? Lol... get I life!
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Driftingking(m): 5:44am On Mar 24, 2018
drTiv:
well done Op....
I actually applied those principles some 1 2 years ago...and u know what..? It fetched me medicine @ 297 in Uniben!
congrats, I had 283, can I get admitted
Re: 7 Secrets Of Scoring 280 And Above In JAMB by Driftingking(m): 5:45am On Mar 24, 2018
fimbar25:
Just last year, I was a Jambite
I read a similar post by Lomaxx on how to enter medical school, ie, getting high jamb scores
Here I am, in the Lions den, Varsity of Nigeria, A medical student.
Listen to the rules and apply, that's all
.. Which school, I scored 283, Can I get admitted to study medicine?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Registration Begins: List Of CBT Centres For 2017 Registration/guidelines / Two ABSU Final Year Students Drown Two Days To Their Final Exam. / Please If You Are Writing "JAMB" Or You Have Someone Writing. Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.