Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,675 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. (16944 Views)

My Infinix Note 2 Bluetooth, Wi-fi And Hotspot Stopped Turning On. / Why MTN Keeps Turning My Location ON? / Phone Is Gradually Turning Me To Something Else(help/advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by stinville(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
It didn't work.
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2016
Niniac62:
Found a temporary solution to this... If u ve mtk engineering, click on MTK settings, swipe to others, click on Swla. Click on assert modem.. It will say assert modem successful or so. Ur network will go off and on by itself, that's all. turn off ur location if its on, it will remain off.
This is just temporary, u will ve to repeat dsame thing if u switch off/on ur fone.

I think it worked. Oops
No it didn't.
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by georgegg: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2016
@Niniac62 I noticed the same thing with the mtn. But this is what it is, newer apps make use of your locations these days to be able to direct resources, like know the right adverts to show you, google's internal Android drives or machines use them to be more effective and give you the rich reflexive experience that the Android phone gives you, it happens on the iPhone also; so we can't really get rid of that even if you go to all the settings frm Google to your phones settings, internal Google machines use your location frequently just to even tell u wat ur friend Aisha or someone that stays in ur neighbour hood or a friend on google+ or Facebook just downloaded on playstore and why u should download that same app too because ur frm the same location or environs or region, or what the weather is today etc, . But my questions where these, how come glo does that and mtn doesn't? Who provides glo as sub, internet? Who provides mtn? Did glo sign contracts granting Their providers access to an open location feed when they provide them internet just for the sake of better mapping, town planning, better commuting, etc's and rich internet experience? Did mtn sign the same contract? I dnt know if I'm making a point here or I'm just talking jazz. but the point I'm driving at is deep, if you can analyse the few I've said properly then we'll be careful with our phones and really know what our phones are and their viability or what they're capable of doing. thank you.

1 Like

Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by georgegg: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
Niniac62:
Found a temporary solution to this... If u ve mtk engineering, click on MTK settings, swipe to others, click on Swla. Click on assert modem.. It will say assert modem successful or so. Ur network will go off and on by itself, that's all. turn off ur location if its on, it will remain off.
This is just temporary, u will ve to repeat dsame thing if u switch off/on ur fone.
@Niniac62 I noticed the same thing with the mtn. But this is what it is, newer apps make use of your locations these days to be able to direct resources, like know the right adverts to show you, google's internal Android drives or machines use them to be more effective and give you the rich reflexive experience that the Android phone gives you, it happens on the iPhone also; so we can't really get rid of that even if you go to all the settings frm Google to your phones settings, internal Google machines use your location frequently just to even tell u wat ur friend Aisha or someone that stays in ur neighbour hood or a friend on google+ or Facebook just downloaded on playstore and why u should download that same app too because ur frm the same location or environs or region, or what the weather is today etc, . But my questions where these, how come glo does that and mtn doesn't? Who provides glo as sub, internet? Who provides mtn? Did glo sign contracts granting Their providers access to an open location feed when they provide them internet just for the sake of better mapping, town planning, better commuting, etc's and rich internet experience? Did mtn sign the same contract? I dnt know if I'm making a point here or I'm just talking jazz. but the point I'm driving at is deep, if you can analyse the few I've said properly then we'll be careful with our phones and really know what our phones are and their viability or what they're capable of doing. thank you.
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by dav8id(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
same thing here when I'm using glo with my tab
but if I use another network that no happen
I think its from glo network

2 Likes

Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by zimbolaa(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
Simply download an app called network master, turn on its "protect network" feature and the rest is history. Do not forget to make it an administrator when it prompts you. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by stinville(m): 7:08am On Jun 25, 2016
zimbolaa:
Simply download an app called network master, turn on its "protect network" feature and the rest is history. Do not forget to make it an administrator when it prompts you. Thank me later
It only sees my SIM 1. How can I make it to see the SIM2?
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by WildOne(f): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
I'm having this very issue with glo (I also use MTN, Etisalat and Airtel but none of them gives me this problem).
I'm really fed up with it as it drains both my battery and my precious data.
Any solutions?
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Nnamsco4real: 1:05am On Jul 01, 2016
WildOne:
I'm having this very issue with glo (I also use MTN, Etisalat and Airtel but none of them gives me this problem).
I'm really fed up with it as it drains both my battery and my precious data.
Any solutions?
Either you turn it off anytime you switch the phone's data network or you remove the Glo sim and throw it inside a garbage truck. I prefer the latter though.
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Rozaystunna(m): 6:56am On Aug 12, 2016
thank God its not just, me am even having thoughts of wiping my phone, it happens with glo Sim cards, I changed Sim card the same thing, wth is wrong with glo this tins eats battery. now my main uc browser can't open certain sites it loads slowly. I have tried so many automated trigger apps to no avail. when the app turns it off it keeps turning on. PS I use a rooted note note. should I discard glo?
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Rozaystunna(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2016
udemzyudex:
As far as you're using Glo to browse, there is nothing u can do about it... Have flash a new stock rom cos of that issue yet still same..

If you use other network, nothing like that will happen..
thanks man I have been thinking of doing the same thing, so we just have to live with it
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Rozaystunna(m): 7:04am On Aug 12, 2016

Once your 3G is on, the gps will be on. It's not about glo bis
ya once on 3g iswr damn glo sef ehhh I have everything in Odin's power to stop that damn!!!
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Rozaystunna(m): 7:15am On Aug 12, 2016
maxjax:
mine stopped since I moved to lollipop version on my infinix hot note pro
am using hote note too. so you mean it ll stop if I upgrade? but I love root
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by maxjax(m): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2016
Rozaystunna:
am using hote note too. so you mean it ll stop if I upgrade? but I love root

it doesn't stop you from rooting
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Rozaystunna(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2016
maxjax:

it doesn't stop you from rooting
how did you upgrade where did you download the custom rom
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by maxjax(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rozaystunna:
how did you upgrade where did you download the custom rom

just search on google ''infinix hot note pro custom rom'' they're lots of 'em online
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Rozaystunna(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
maxjax:

just search on google ''infinix hot note pro custom rom'' they're lots of 'em online
I mean did you use so flash tools?
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by maxjax(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2016
at some point yea....but later on you don't need flash tool.

Rozaystunna:
I mean did you use so flash tools?
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by ufumes(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2016
I am using etisalat, I noticed that my GPS comes up automatically when an on 3g and my hot spot is on
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by ufumes(m): 8:12am On Aug 20, 2016
I also noticed it with mtn, as such I am concluding that it's either common across all network or that it's a new type of mobile phone virus.

1 Like

Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by stpat1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Its not about glo. Its across all the networks. I'm thinking its a virus or something.
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by SeunWedsLinda(m): 6:59am On Nov 04, 2016
I'm also experiencing same thing on mtn. Could be a new virus shocked

Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by jezuzboi(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
I had this same issue when using MTN data. I've solved it. But I don't know how I did it. Hurrah!!!
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by whitecloth: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
Presently am using MTN 1k= 1.5G and this thing just started showing up since yesterday, I googled it and it brought me here, its very annoying o, how I wish there is a lasting solution to this.
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by bayulala94(m): 3:28am On Oct 03, 2017
pcoolioz:
same thing happening to mine... different phones but same problem, do you use Glo?
i have same issue with my phone and i use glo too
what is the matter
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by Jaytecq(m): 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
My own case, AIRTEL
my GPS goes on automatically when i switched on my Data
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by stmichael001(m): 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
same here on airtel... i think its a netwk ish
Re: My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. by segebobo: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2018
My data connection will just be triggering off automatically... Seems Glo is the cuprit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoo: Free Mtn Browesing And Loads Of Used Recharge Cards And Free Celtel Ip / Nokia Unveils Asha 205, 205 Dual-SIM Qwerty Handsets / Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 16mp + Snapdragon processor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.