Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54316 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Jaymaestro:
There are no current scientific discoveries on the possibility of any form of life on other planets.
Hello Jaymaestro. There is no need for a discovery for something to be a possibility. a Possibility is just that, something possible. Second, it is not correct to assert there are no discoveries to envision the possibility of an extraterrestrial life. The number of planets similar to the earth that have been discovered is very great. I'm refering to planets which could have developed bio-organisms similar to those living on earth. Johnydon22 has described one of those in his thread.

So yes the probability that there be a form of life outside the earth is huge. Nonetheless, a probability or a possibility is not a fact.

Jaymaestro:
How could you have interacted with other living beings from other worlds?[ I hope you aren't referring to ghosts] lol .. what beings[ the mythical beings from different cultures ] ?
I'm not sure here's the right place to discuss it, as we'd deviate from the scientific aspect. Suffice for me to say this:

Science is concerned with things of the (gross) material world. Things of the spiritual or things of the fine material world (Astral and ethereal planes for instance) are as of now, impossible for Science to investigate, and is therefore not authoritative in these domains. Still I'm confident that in the future, scientists will uncover new possibilities/ways to investigate the other dimensions of the material world.

In the meantime, each one of us has the potential to awake faculties of the spirit and therefore monitor the happening in those domains that are not yet accessible to science. So the question - How does one know that what he sees in the invisible (to the physicial eyes) dimensions are true and not products of his imagination? Simple. When spiritual/astral or ethereal events have repercussion on the physical, science can investigate if the claimed events actually took place.

For instance, if a prophet claims to have seen an angel stopping the sun for 24 hours, Science can't prove whether he actually saw the angel or not. However Science can well determine whether or not the Sun was in fact stopped for 24 hours at anytime.

Cheers.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by olumite1234(m): 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
We are alone in the universe but we are not alone in the world. In Astro Physics,theoretical physics and bio-entagular physics, research is still on going related to parallel universe,multiverse,psychokinesis,darkmatter,normal matter,antimatter,teleportation,teleparthy,telekinesis,neuroscience,pyrokinesis,wormholes. Etc
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jaymaestro(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Jaymaestro. There is no need for a discovery for something to be a possibility. a Possibility is just that, something possible. Second, it is not correct to assert there are no discoveries to envision the possibility of an extraterrestrial life. The number of planets similar to the earth that have been discovered is very great. I'm refering to planets which could have developed bio-organisms similar to those living on earth. Johnydon22 has described one of those in his thread.

So yes the probability that there be a form of life outside the earth is huge. Nonetheless, a probability or a possibility is not a fact.

I'm not sure here's the right place to discuss it, as we'd deviate from the scientific aspect. Suffice for me to say this:

Science is concerned with things of the (gross) material world. Things of the spiritual or things of the fine material world (Astral and ethereal planes for instance) are as of now, impossible for Science to investigate, and is therefore not authoritative in these domains. Still I'm confident that in the future, scientists will uncover new possibilities/ways to investigate the other dimensions of the material world.

In the meantime, each one of us has the potential to awake faculties of the spirit and therefore monitor the happening in those domains that are not yet accessible to science. So the question - How does one know that what he sees in the invisible (to the physicial eyes) dimensions are true and not products of his imagination? Simple. When spiritual/astral or ethereal events have repercussion on the physical, science can investigate if the claimed events actually took place.

For instance, if a prophet claims to have seen an angel stopping the sun for 24 hours, Science can't prove whether he actually saw the angel or not. However Science can well determine whether or not the Sun was in fact stopped for 24 hours at anytime.

Cheers.
But with discovery which involves testing and awareness –it debunks the situation , and affirm the possibilities . Even now, Scientists assume , statistical probabilities and other conjectures .., there is even the assumption of a chemical seed of life across the universe. But basing our expectations of life
existing on other planets, for no better reason that it exists here, is
really only proof that were are more than capable of deceiving ourselves.

anyways, Mr LoJ , Have you awakened it or ascended to a state of selfhood , if yes , How? [You stated you've had experiences]
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Oxytocin(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
Owkk... So I was just gazing at the stars yesterday; wondering what enigmatic things could be going on up there. Then I saw this great flash of light moving through the space,damn.. It was fast, took place in about 6secs...and then it's like it just disappeared, tho it was a bit drastic .
I thought was I hallucinating at first grin it was a very drastic process and experience , but No.. I taught again... it was damn real! cheesy
From my knowledge, this maybe a meteor or a dieing star or a shooting star..(that's If they aren't the same wink)

You should have seen the expression on my face when I saw this.. grin

You guyz can shed more light

c.c..Micodon,Johnydon22, LoJ

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
Jaymaestro:

anyways, Mr LoJ , Have you awakened it or ascended to a state of selfhood , if yes , How? [You stated you've had experiences]
I ain't sure this is the right thread to discuss such. But anyway, I'll go ahead and formulate an answer, albeit superficially.

There is no standard method for spiritual ascent. All the divisions and denominations you see on earth are reflected in the astral and ethereal planes. So there are as much tendencies/teachings in the astral and ethereal domains, as there are in the physical. I have never been (consciously) in the spiritual sphere, I don't know about that one. This does not mean Truth is relative. It only implies that our perception of truth even in the other material sphere is partial.

So if you expect me to show you the unique or best way to ascent, I'm obliged to decline. In my sensing, people should be allowed to examine and seek the Truth for themselves, and follow their heart wherever it leads to. Experience and Time usually show that our intuition/our heart is always right, and it is better to follow your heart than to blindly believe religious leaders, pastors, imams or religious books.

However at the very center of the universes there is the Truth which lifts every spirit and awakens us. Love thy neighbor and every other creature as or more than yourself. Keep the heart of your thoughts pure and filled with love. Contemplation and application of this truth, enlighten our being. Then spirit helpers can help us with or without human intervention, to find our path to God.

Last but not least, you seem to believe that spiritual faculties like soul sight and clairaudience are synonymous with spiritual development. This is not necessarily true. Most "prophets" and seers train those faculties without making any true spiritual ascent.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask them. But in a suitable thread or any other mean. I would be glad to offer my perceptions. These are just my experiencing and opinions. Feel free to examine them and reject them if it does not resonate as true within you.

Cheers.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oxytocin:

I thought was I hallucinating at first grin it was a very drastic process and experience , but No.. I taught again... it was damn real! cheesy
From my knowledge, this maybe a meteor or a dieing star or a shooting star..(that's If they aren't the same wink)

Well... If what you saw are burning meteorites entering our atmosphere(shooting stars) then there is nothing uncommon. Still, it can be quite spectacular. That's the beauty of the Sky at night: Very simple things can give deep and lasting feelings.

One night gazing at the sky at night may have tremendous effects on people. It teaches us humility, beauty and simplicity. Indeed, Religions and Religious books are not the only way to morality, values and righteousness.

Greetings.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oxytocin:
Owkk... So I was just gazing at the stars yesterday; wondering what enigmatic things could be going on up there. Then I saw this great flash of light moving through the space,damn.. It was fast, took place in about 6secs...and then it's like it just disappeared, tho it was a bit drastic .

It's not a dying star, its a meteor (same thing as shooting star)

Massive stars die in a violent manner like going supernova which is a very violent explosion... If a star that is visible to us goes supernova the light will be too bright that it will literally scatter in the sky for a bit too long, days or even weeks.

Its just a meteor, have seen a lot of that though..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jaymaestro(m): 8:45am On Feb 06, 2016
LoJ:

I ain't sure this is the right thread to discuss such. But anyway, I'll go ahead and formulate an answer, albeit superficially.

There is no standard method for spiritual ascent. All the divisions and denominations you see on earth are reflected in the astral and ethereal planes. So there are as much tendencies/teachings in the astral and ethereal domains, as there are in the physical. I have never been (consciously) in the spiritual sphere, I don't know about that one. This does not mean Truth is relative. It only implies that our perception of truth even in the other material sphere is partial.

So if you expect me to show you the unique or best way to ascent, I'm obliged to decline. In my sensing, people should be allowed to examine and seek the Truth for themselves, and follow their heart wherever it leads to. Experience and Time usually show that our intuition/our heart is always right, and it is better to follow your heart than to blindly believe religious leaders, pastors, imams or religious books.

However at the very center of the universes there is the Truth which lifts every spirit and awakens us. Love thy neighbor and every other creature as or more than yourself. Keep the heart of your thoughts pure and filled with love. Contemplation and application of this truth, enlighten our being. Then spirit helpers can help us with or without human intervention, to find our path to God.

Last but not least, you seem to believe that spiritual faculties like soul sight and clairaudience are synonymous with spiritual development. This is not necessarily true. Most "prophets" and seers train those faculties without making any true spiritual ascent.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask them. But in a suitable thread or any other mean. I would be glad to offer my perceptions. These are just my experiencing and opinions. Feel free to examine them and reject them if it does not resonate as true within you.

Cheers.
consciously? plausibly, You have been unconsciously translated to a spiritual sphere ?
You mean following one's heart will create a path to the truth one need . The heart can be clouded with emotions .., and there is a need for a guide whether through books or other humans. Man is not self-sustaining . who are the spirit helpers ? How would you know ` Love thy neighbor and every other creature as or more than yourself` if via the bible , then we might have found a standard way for true spiritual ascent. when you mentioned train ` it made me wonder if you would rather practice to achieve or wait for instant translation to a spiritual ascent _ then again , what's true spiritual ascent?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Hello Jaymaestro. Thank you for your questions. I address them below. Please also do consider that this is not the best place to discuss such.
Jaymaestro:
consciously? plausibly, You have been unconsciously translated to a spiritual sphere ?
It is indeed possible to be translated to other planes consciously or unconsciously. As far as the spiritual plane is concerned, I told you I do not know. But I do know that I was once given a global view of the universe(s).

Jaymaestro:
The heart can be clouded with emotions .., and there is a need for a guide whether through books or other humans. Man is not self-sustaining .
When I say the heart, I mean the spiritual antennae which every Human possess. Yes the antennae may not work properly due to the fact that most humans have abandonned it. But it still exists and must be revived.

No, it is not required that one should use books or be taught by another living human being. If that was the case, Humanity would be in great danger, for Books can be easily falsified and misunderstood, and Human teachers even when Holy, do err. Sometimes they even mistakenly claim to be messiahs and gods. And when genuine prophets of God do not err, Their followers usually distort their doctrines, and the resultant is, what would have been one perfect all encompassing truth, is now thousands of religions and religious movements.

No, Man is not self sustained. Still Man is a spirit. Therefore Books and human beings are not imperative for man's development. In addition how would someone who knows not how to read nor can hear, manage to find his way? Has God forgotten him? How should a man born in North Korea where there be almost no Bible, nor Bible preacher, no quoran and all that, manage to find his way?

Jaymaestro:
who are the spirit helpers ? How would you know ` Love thy neighbor and every other creature as or more than yourself` if via the bible , then we might have found a standard way for true spiritual ascent.
Spirit helpers are just that, Spirit helpers.

Love thy neighbor is part of the Truth at the center of the Universe. One need no books to access to it. Only your heart. Of course a Book can be instrumental to some in finding the will of God, and I don't argue that. All I am saying is that it is not necessary, for even without a book one can find his way to ascent.

Besides, long before the Bible was written, the golden rule was already known, as a simple research on google can prove it to you.

Jaymaestro:
when you mentioned train ` it made me wonder if you would rather practice to achieve or wait for instant translation to a spiritual ascent _ then again , what's true spiritual ascent?

There is a difference between training spiritual faculties and spiritual development. Just as there is a difference between training your muscles and being in good health. Both are not synonymous. And as you know, only training the muscles can be harmful.

There are all kinds of proposed spiritual exercises for people to open their soul sight, and become clairaudient. Some even achieve this within months. It is however my perception that it is wrong. Training faculties of the spiritual is like training to be a swimmer. No matter how trained a swimmer is, he shall never compete with a fish.

When one rather develops himself spiritually -which is the aim of our sojourn on earth - he gradually awakes his others bodies which naturally become adequate to navigate in other world. Thus he shall be at ease in the astral plane, just as the a fish is at ease in the ocean, and not just a unreliable and in danger swimmer.

Caution: Whatever I express is my personal opinion and experience. Feel free to examine it and reject it, if it does not resonate as true in your heart.
Cheers.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by MrSunesis(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2016
micodon:

Gravity is not energy, Bros. According to the Relativity theories, Gravity is not a real force sef. It's a warp... A curvature in the fabrics of spacetime

You are right. I was actually relating to gravitational (potential) energy....energy generated as a result of gravity between objects.
But you miss my point...in that energy and matter relatable.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Oxytocin(m): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2016
johnydon22:
It's not a dying star, its a meteor (same thing as shooting star)

Massive stars die in a violent manner like going supernova which is a very violent explosion... If a star that is visible to us goes supernova the light will be too bright that it will literally scatter in the sky for a bit too long, days or even weeks.

Its just a meteor, have seen a lot of that though..
LoJ:

Well... If what you saw are burning meteorites entering our atmosphere(shooting stars) then there is nothing uncommon. Still, it can be quite spectacular. That's the beauty of the Sky at night: Very simple things can give deep and lasting feelings.
One night gazing at the sky at night may have tremendous effects on people. It teaches us humility, beauty and simplicity. Indeed, Religions and Religious books are not the only way to morality, values and righteousness.
Greetings.

Hmmm..... Owkk....
I get now... Thanks!
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by palsenator(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
taurus25:
This is one of the frequently asked questions man has asked for hundreds of years since science began to unravel many mysteries in the universe.

I personally began to ponder upon this question since the tims when i learned that the sun is a star, and there are billions I'd stars in the galaxy and trillions in the observable universe.

Of this incredible number, millions of stars have planets orbiting them, may of which have been observed to have conditions that might be suitable for life on earth as we know it.

From simple probability, only one star out of millions capable of hosting life is about 1/1000000 =0.000001. This has a slight chance of happening i.e its unlikely that only one would. But this is just mere probability and not any basis for conclusion.

Also, the mediocrity principle tells us that the earth occupies no special position in the galaxy or the universe.

Now, this brings us some considerations

1) Is there any other form of life elsewhere in the universe?
2) if there is, are they in any way as complex as man?
3) what if there were complex life in the past before the formation of the earth that are maybe now extinct
4) what if complex life just began evolving somewhere else
5) would complex life elsewhere evolve similar to us or maybe perhaps there is a planet with something like intelligent birds
6) what if there is complex life present somewhere but due to vastness of space it is impossible to reach nor communicate with them

The universe is so random that what is normal to us what we and ones before us have adapted to, there are endless possibilities but vastness of the cosmos makes our knowledge limited.
Let me help you a bit. I saw where you wrote that UFOs may not be extra terrestrial and I was touched. First, am an ardent follower of UFO reports and if anyone like or organization like NASA keep saying there are no UFOs then, they must be covering some truth from us. Like you said, you believe we have visitors in the universe and I challenge you to make thorough research on this visitors that are termed UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. No one says they are living but these objects have extra abilities or technology far superior to our own. I can list over 20 countries that have come forward to tell us that aliens truthfully visit our planet. There are top kept secrets on UFO but my brother, don't let anyone sway you away, We have extra beings, more developed than us that do visit our planets and THEY HAVE BEEN SIGHTED but many. If you are interested in knowing more on UFOs, freely chat me up on whatsapp 08188008300. I may be able to educate you more on this topic
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by taurus25(m): 12:55am On Feb 07, 2016
palsenator:
Let me help you a bit. I saw where you wrote that UFOs may not be extra terrestrial and I was touched. First, am an ardent follower of UFO reports and if anyone like or organization like NASA keep saying there are no UFOs then, they must be covering some truth from us. Like you said, you believe we have visitors in the universe and I challenge you to make thorough research on this visitors that are termed UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. No one says they are living but these objects have extra abilities or technology far superior to our own. I can list over 20 countries that have come forward to tell us that aliens truthfully visit our planet. There are top kept secrets on UFO but my brother, don't let anyone sway you away, We have extra beings, more developed than us that do visit our planets and THEY HAVE BEEN SIGHTED but many. If you are interested in knowing more on UFOs, freely chat me up on whatsapp 08188008300. I may be able to educate you more on this topic
i dont believe ive said on this thread that ufos exist or may/maynot be extraterestrial. i only said i beleive if aliens are to visit earth it would be very obvious rather than few claims
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Temmi001: 4:44am On Feb 07, 2016
erusen:
any how shall am a deist,I believe in god but despise religion especially Islam and Hindi too unscientific, infact I wonder why people still dey that religion,I like the bible but no evidence,but I still read it becus I saw some scientific things there oh.but it is historically empty but some events have been confirmed shall, becus am deep in archeology, but am just too scientific for all those things.I guess we have entertain them to move this section forward,I just did a rethink and I think u are right oh,u go ba that girl don run comot.
Sadly enough, your use of English and general contribution as observable on this thread, defies the attributes of a scientific intellect. You're just craving for attention; the thread is such that, people of grounded knowledge in cosmology and astrophysics commented without towing the religious line, yet an insignificant few, as you are, felt it should be theologized. Saying you're a deist even shows how utmostly confused you are. I know a whole lot of peeps in here with resounding non-theological belief, yet, they maintained a low key just to restore sanity and serve the purpose of the thread. I can confidently assert you're not as sound vis-à-vis this atheistic charade as does Johnydon22 and your contributions in here aren't even impressive coupled with your appalling use of English. you once again highlighted your nefariousness whenever arguing with a Muslim; maybe for the dumb or uninformed as you are. It's pathetic you'll go dumb momentarily as though time were paused if told to give Qur'anic evidences of "the earth is flat or Sun sits on water". unconfirmed fiddlestick coming from an ill-informed indecisive deist. It's even worse to realize he knows little or nothing about cosmology .
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 8:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Temmi001:
Sadly enough, your use of English and general contribution as observable on this thread, defies the attributes of a scientific intellect. You're just craving for attention; the thread is such that, people of grounded knowledge in cosmology and astrophysics commented without towing the religious line, yet an insignificant few, as you are, felt it should be theologized. Saying you're a deist even shows how utmostly confused you are. I know a whole lot of peeps in here with resounding non-theological belief, yet, they maintained a low key just to restore sanity and serve the purpose of the thread. I can confidently assert you're not as sound vis-à-vis this atheistic charade as does Johnydon22 and your contributions in here aren't even impressive coupled with your appalling use of English. you once again highlighted your nefariousness whenever arguing with a Muslim; maybe for the dumb or uninformed as you are. It's pathetic you'll go dumb momentarily as though time were paused if told to give Qur'anic evidences of "the earth is flat or Sun sits on water". unconfirmed fiddlestick coming from an ill-informed indecisive deist. It's even worse to realize he knows little or nothing about cosmology .
ths thread, I thought it ended a week ago,you had to quote me from the past didn't you,I didn't claim to be Einstein, am sure you must have seen that reference in one of my previous post,as for my use of English am very quick in responding to someone,so i don't reply bother about the errors I make provided my points are understood.this thread was derailed by religious talk,so one the reasons I left,if your high intellect was application u would have known there was a religious section in nairaland ,not when we are having a discussion in a scientific thread and some clown jumbs in an starts saying"the bible have all the answers or the Quran"that's bullshit.Quranic verses you seek,Google is not your enemy u know,and please don't go around quoting someone in an old thread and start saying rubbish,and u also said I was for craving attention,I wonder who the hell will I be craving attention from.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jaymaestro(m): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:
Hello Jaymaestro. Thank you for your questions. I address them below. Please also do consider that this is not the best place to discuss such.

It is indeed possible to be translated to other planes consciously or unconsciously. As far as the spiritual plane is concerned, I told you I do not know. But I do know that I was once given a global view of the universe(s).

When I say the heart, I mean the spiritual antennae which every Human possess. Yes the antennae may not work properly due to the fact that most humans have abandonned it. But it still exists and must be revived.

No, it is not required that one should use books or be taught by another living human being. If that was the case, Humanity would be in great danger, for Books can be easily falsified and misunderstood, and Human teachers even when Holy, do err. Sometimes they even mistakenly claim to be messiahs and gods. And when genuine prophets of God do not err, Their followers usually distort their doctrines, and the resultant is, what would have been one perfect all encompassing truth, is now thousands of religions and religious movements.

No, Man is not self sustained. Still Man is a spirit. Therefore Books and human beings are not imperative for man's development. In addition how would someone who knows not how to read nor can hear, manage to find his way? Has God forgotten him? How should a man born in North Korea where there be almost no Bible, nor Bible preacher, no quoran and all that, manage to find his way?

Spirit helpers are just that, Spirit helpers.

Love thy neighbor is part of the Truth at the center of the Universe. One need no books to access to it. Only your heart. Of course a Book can be instrumental to some in finding the will of God, and I don't argue that. All I am saying is that it is not necessary, for even without a book one can find his way to ascent.

Besides, long before the Bible was written, the golden rule was already known, as a simple research on google can prove it to you.

There is a difference between training spiritual faculties and spiritual development. Just as there is a difference between training your muscles and being in good health. Both are not synonymous. And as you know, only training the muscles can be harmful.

There are all kinds of proposed spiritual exercises for people to open their soul sight, and become clairaudient. Some even achieve this within months. It is however my perception that it is wrong. Training faculties of the spiritual is like training to be a swimmer. No matter how trained a swimmer is, he shall never compete with a fish.

When one rather develops himself spiritually -which is the aim of our sojourn on earth - he gradually awakes his others bodies which naturally become adequate to navigate in other world. Thus he shall be at ease in the astral plane, just as the a fish is at ease in the ocean, and not just a unreliable and in danger swimmer.

Caution: Whatever I express is my personal opinion and experience. Feel free to examine it and reject it, if it does not resonate as true in your heart.
Cheers.

since, you have deemed this section inappropriate , although it seems close enough to me . In summary it's Man And Its universe. This will be the last response .

what kind of global view [is it on a universal scale but on the mundane plane or on the transcendent plane] ?

why `must it be revived ? There is enough conflict within each individual and outside on the mundane realm already.

Spirit helpers mean books or humans would still be required despite the inherent flaw in them , considering spirit helpers could be [books , humans , cosmic bodies or abstracts even nature]

Is Man is spirit the same as Man has an ethereal immaterial self ?

actually , where there is no access to books or certain disabilities , there will still be "spirit helpers" with sight alone ` You can observe and experience unnatural phenomenons

You do know , again , You can't be in good health without practicing certain norms , in which exercise is included .

However , I guess spiritual development encompasses all aspects of spirituality And attunes them with other self of Man while Spiritual exercises are selective .
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2016
Hello Jaymaestro. Thank you for your questions. I reply as follows:

Jaymaestro:
since, you have deemed this section inappropriate , although it seems close enough to me . In summary it's Man And Its universe. This will be the last response
I don't mind exchanging about it here. I was just afraid of misunderstanding with the mods or/and other users.

Jaymaestro:
what kind of global view [is it on a universal scale but on the mundane plane or on the transcendent plane] ?
All the planes, up to the spiritual plane.

Jaymaestro:
why `must it be revived ? There is enough conflict within each individual and outside on the mundane realm already.
The spiritual antennae of most humans must be revived because of atrophy. It is well known a muscle that is not utilized grows weaker. Most humans do not use it and are not even aware of it, since we prefer to use the intellect in all domains of life. Don't get me wrong, it is noble to use the intellect in order to investigate the gross material/physical plane. Therefore Science is noble and divine.

However it was the will of God (and still is) that man uses another faculty to experience and investigate the medium and fine material spheres (what is called Astral and ethereal) as well as the other spheres. So Both the Intellect and the Intuition were supposed to work hand in hand, for man to be complete. At a point in his evolution, majority of mankind has chosen to give preeminence to the intellect to the detriment of the spiritual faculties. That led to the so called fall of man and the over cultivation of the intellect (growing brain). Hence today, most of us are not even conscious of our spiritual faculties.

Jaymaestro:
Spirit helpers mean books or humans would still be required despite the inherent flaw in them , considering spirit helpers could be [books , humans , cosmic bodies or abstracts even nature]
No. Spirit helpers are neither books nor living human beings, but are spirits or more exactly people in the beyond whose mission is to guide us to the recognition of the Truth and the laws of God. Most of us are not aware of them, but they are there. They inject their thoughts in our consciences, and try to help us overcome our weaknesses. However they never infringe our free will. Those with some spiritual development may see them or interact with them. When People see them, they may ascribe them all sorts of names: whether angels, or holy spirit, or Jesus, or buddha etc. Most of these names actually do not really represent who they are, but it can be understood from the fact that everyone is biased according to his belief system.

Jaymaestro:
Is Man is spirit the same as Man has an ethereal immaterial self ?
Man is a spirit simply means man is a spirit with various cloaks or bodies. The physical body is the last one. Man is a spirit that wears various bodies. Each body man wears represents a plane of creation through which man passed down when he left the spiritual sphere, and through which man must pass to reach again the spiritual sphere. Maybe an analogy may be of some help:

You live in Nigeria, but need to go Russia via Paris Frankfurt then Moscow. There are different levels of temperature. In Nigeria it is 35 degree, you may need no pull over. However in Paris you wear a pull over because it is 20. In frankfurt you add another pull over on top of the previous one because there, it is 3 degree. Then in Moscow you add to the three of them a Mantle, since there it is - 20 degree. So in Moscow you are still Jaymaestro but with 2 pull overs and one mantle.

Same with man. Because of the law of homogeneity, for every plane you live in or pass through, you need a corresponding adequate cloak. So Man is a spirit that wears various cloaks. Spiritual development means to simply develop those bodies back to normal - since sin destroys them. When a body is fully restored, you can visit the corresponding plane even while living on earth.

That's also why the training of spiritual faculties is dangerous. you may train a particular ability, without having restored the whole corresponding body. Then you go on a soul travel, and get untold harm. Harm that may require centuries to be undone. Not mentioning other reasons.

To sum up, all I write here is my personal opinion from my experience. You are free to examine it with your heart and reject it, if it does not resonate within you. I'm not on a mission to convince anyone about the veracity or otherwise of his beliefs or mine.

Greetings.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
MrSunesis:

You are right. I was actually relating to gravitational (potential) energy....energy generated as a result of gravity between objects.
But you miss my point...in that energy and matter relatable.

Well E=MC2 means that Energy and Matter are the same thing.

But, but, GRAVITATIONAL POTENTIAL energy is not gravity. It is DUE to gravitational field it is in. Just like acceleration due to gravity is not gravity, but due to gravity
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
micodon:
Well E=MC2 means that Energy and Matter are the same thing.
Hello Micodon.

where in this equation do you see that Energy and Matter are one and the same thing?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jaymaestro(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:
Hello Jaymaestro. Thank you for your questions. I reply as follows:

I don't mind exchanging about it here. I was just afraid of misunderstanding with the mods or/and other users.

All the planes, up to the spiritual plane.

The spiritual antennae of most humans must be revived because of atrophy. It is well known a muscle that is not utilized grows weaker. Most humans do not use it and are not even aware of it, since we prefer to use the intellect in all domains of life. Don't get me wrong, it is noble to use the intellect in order to investigate the gross material/physical plane. Therefore Science is noble and divine.

However it was the will of God (and still is) that man uses another faculty to experience and investigate the medium and fine material spheres (what is called Astral and ethereal) as well as the other spheres. So Both the Intellect and the Intuition were supposed to work hand in hand, for man to be complete. At a point in his evolution, majority of mankind has chosen to give preeminence to the intellect to the detriment of the spiritual faculties. That led to the so called fall of man and the over cultivation of the intellect (growing brain). Hence today, most of us are not even conscious of our spiritual faculties.

No. Spirit helpers are neither books nor living human beings, but are spirits or more exactly people in the beyond whose mission is to guide us to the recognition of the Truth and the laws of God. Most of us are not aware of them, but they are there. They inject their thoughts in our consciences, and try to help us overcome our weaknesses. However they never infringe our free will. Those with some spiritual development may see them or interact with them. When People see them, they may ascribe them all sorts of names: whether angels, or holy spirit, or Jesus, or buddha etc. Most of these names actually do not really represent who they are, but it can be understood from the fact that everyone is biased according to his belief system.

Man is a spirit simply means man is a spirit with various cloaks or bodies. The physical body is the last one. Man is a spirit that wears various bodies. Each body man wears represents a plane of creation through which man passed down when he left the spiritual sphere, and through which man must pass to reach again the spiritual sphere. Maybe an analogy may be of some help:

You live in Nigeria, but need to go Russia via Paris Frankfurt then Moscow. There are different levels of temperature. In Nigeria it is 35 degree, you may need no pull over. However in Paris you wear a pull over because it is 20. In frankfurt you add another pull over on top of the previous one because there, it is 3 degree. Then in Moscow you add to the three of them a Mantle, since there it is - 20 degree. So in Moscow you are still Jaymaestro but with 2 pull overs and one mantle.

Same with man. Because of the law of homogeneity, for every plane you live in or pass through, you need a corresponding adequate cloak. So Man is a spirit that wears various cloaks. Spiritual development means to simply develop those bodies back to normal - since sin destroys them. When a body is fully restored, you can visit the corresponding plane even while living on earth.

That's also why the training of spiritual faculties is dangerous. you may train a particular ability, without having restored the whole corresponding body. Then you go on a soul travel, and get untold harm. Harm that may require centuries to be undone. Not mentioning other reasons.

To sum up, all I write here is my personal opinion from my experience. You are free to examine it with your heart and reject it, if it does not resonate within you. I'm not on a mission to convince anyone about the veracity or otherwise of his beliefs or mine.

Greetings.

so , How were you able to achieve this enhanced sight , and what was your experience ?

what do you mean by science is divine ?

Is intuition guided by the spiritual , and without it ` Is Man`s progress hindered ?

some are conscious of these spiritual faculties but you believe it be dangerous .. cause it's a selective training of certain parts which might be a tradition or norm for some , and they do it with relative ease after training .

who are the people in the beyond , are they humans or beings on the astral plane , and I don't think there are only good entities on astral plane , so one might even be trapped if you don't have the ability to discern..

would you consider some gods as spirit helpers considering there are variations in beliefs , and the end goal is the truth and laws of God ?

did you mean Man's base form is the spirit self , and even this fleshy body is only another suit to adapt , considering we wear this suit almost throughout our life?lol..

Does sin destroy em' or consume em' with darkness , cause some get to see their S.helpers this , except in this case, they are demons lol ?

Actually , that's why spiritual faculties training has stages , and novices are warned not to push themselves or have experienced guides ...?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Oxytocin:

Should be a meteor. If a nearby star goes nova, Bros.... The radiation alone shall be earth's portion.....
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Micodon.

where in this equation do you see that Energy and Matter are one and the same thing?

Hello LoJ,

E = Energy,
M = Mass,
C = CONSTANT OF PROPORTIONALITY.

IN essence, E is proportional to M. What does Dat say, Bros?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hello Jaymaestro. Thank you for your questions. I address them below:

Jaymaestro:
so , How were you able to achieve this enhanced sight , and what was your experience ? what do you mean by science is divine ?
As i have already stated, we should not focus on enhancing specific spiritual abilities. I will dwell further on that later. A child should just worry about eating well, sleeping well, make some sport, and go about his normal life. And unconsciously he'll grow. Likewise, men should in my perception, just focus on growing spiritually. That's involves learning to love our neighbor and the whole of creation as or more than ourselves, recognizing the will of God and living accordingly, and liberating ourselves from all impurity and base instincts. Prayer and service. Everyone who keeps on doing that, will be led consciously or not, to various lessons he needs to learn to progress, until you reach some degree of awakening. With this spiritual growth, faculties of the spirit will manifest themselves, naturally and they shall be of no harm.

Jaymaestro:
what do you mean by science is divine ?
Science is in accord with the will of God. Science is a tool for man to investigate and understand the laws of God as expressed in the physical sphere, and conform to it.

Jaymaestro:
Is intuition guided by the spiritual , and without it ` Is Man`s progress hindered ?
Intuition is an integral part of the spiritual. It is impossible to make true spiritual progress without reviving and using this antennae. Of course one can train spiritual faculties without intuition, but at the end of the day it shall be detrimental to the one doing so.

Jaymaestro:
some are conscious of these spiritual faculties but you believe it be dangerous .. cause it's a selective training of certain parts which might be a tradition or norm for some , and they do it with relative ease after training .
Spiritual faculties are not dangerous. It is the unnatural training of these that is potentially harmful. If your astral body is damaged due to sin and living against the laws of God, and you learn to do soul travel. you may succeed in soul travelling, only to be a victim of negative influences in the astral plane. Why? Your cloak was not ready for it. It is just like going to Moscow from Nigeria without appropriate Mantle.

Again, the fact that it is easier after training does not mean it is the right thing to do. Many people will only realize the harm they did to themselves after death. If you learn some mystical song, to help you soul travel. You may never know that the song is connected to an astral sphere created by some evil minded entity. So upon singing the song, you realise you can easily soul travel. And you think that what you experience is truly the astral plane. You never know that you are being deceived.

What is true and divine is natural. No need to force to have visions, soul sight, astral travel. When your body is ready, it will happen.

Jaymaestro:
who are the people in the beyond , are they humans or beings on the astral plane , and I don't think there are only good entities on astral plane , so one might even be trapped if you don't have the ability to discern..
They are human beings but not necessarily on the astral plane. There are other planes. Yes there are evil minded ones, but they are not spirit helpers. Spirit helpers refer to those who are sent according to the will of God to help humans on earth.

Human beings are naturally protected from evil minded ones. Of course sin or spiritual exercises/training can breach the protection and allow those who would otherwise have been protected to become victims of those negative currents from the darker regions.

Jaymaestro:
would you consider some gods as spirit helpers considering there are variations in beliefs , and the end goal is the truth and laws of God ?
No. Spirit helpers are humans/spiritual. God is divine. But some who see them or sense them, may believe they saw/sensed Jesus, or the holy spirit, or an angel. But the law of homogeneity makes it impossible for a human being to approach Jesus. There are other entities which are referred to as gods. But I never saw any of them, was only told.

Jaymaestro:
did you mean Man's base form is the spirit self , and even this fleshy body is only another suit to adapt , considering we wear this suit almost throughout our life?lol..
Man wears the physical body throughout his life on earth. Similarly, we wear the astral body throughout our sojourn in the astral sphere. Same with the ethereal and the other spheres.

Jaymaestro:
Does sin destroy em' or consume em' with darkness , cause some get to see their S.helpers this , except in this case, they are demons lol ?

Sin has consequences on our non physical bodies. Even here in gross matter, every act against the will of God has repercussions on our body. But these consequences are less evident and take more time to be observed because of the coarse nature of the gross material. But in the medium and fine matter, as well as in the other spheres beyond, those marks are very dramatic. It would be inappropriate for me to give examples here.

Can someone living a sinful life see a spiritual helper? Yes it is possible. Clairvoyance is a gift, and is no indicator of spiritual development. Again, some people get those abilities by training, rather than true spiritual ascent.

Jaymaestro:
Actually , that's why spiritual faculties training has stages , and novices are warned not to push themselves or have experienced guides ...?
I insist there is a huge difference between traning muscles or body building and being in good health. Those who want to impress themselves and others go for Body building. Those that want to be healthy focus on sound living principles and lifestyle.

Greetings.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
micodon:

Hello LoJ,

E = Energy,
M = Mass,
C = CONSTANT OF PROPORTIONALITY.

IN essence, E is proportional to M. What does Dat say, Bros?
Energy is proportional to mass, is not the same thing as Energy = Matter.

Good day to you sir.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:

Energy is proportional to mass, is not the same thing as Energy = Matter.

Good day to you sir.

Jesus! E = MC2 tells you that Energy a body has is its mass to a certain proportion (c2). Or in simple terms... energy can be converted to mass and vice versa.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
micodon:

Jesus! E = MC2 tells you that Energy a body has is its mass to a certain proportion (c2). Or in simple terms... energy can be converted to mass and vice versa.
Hello micodon. What are u saying?

Energy is proportional to Mass and no one disputes that. You claimed that Energy is the same as (equal to) matter (not even mass). Which is wrong. There is a difference between being proportional and being equal to. It is not one and the same thing please.

I don't see the need of calling Jesus here, or being shocked. I don't know better than you, we are all learners.

Greetings.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
There is a difference between being proportional and being equal to. It is not one and the same thing please.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:

Hello micodon. What are u saying?

Energy is proportional to Mass and no one disputes that. You claimed that Energy is the same as (equal to) matter (no even mass). Which is wrong. I don't see the need of calling Jesus here, or pretending to be shocked. I don't better than you, we are all learners.

Greetings.

So, when you say something is another thing, does that necessarily mean that something = another thing?

Lemme ask you this, Athur Eddington discovered in 1919 or there about that light particles from a certain galaxy where deflected by a planet? Now, light particles are mass less. Why were they deflected?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:
There is a difference between being proportional and being equal to. It is not one and the same thing please.

And there's a difference between the same as and equal to
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
micodon:

And there's a difference between the same as and equal to
No. And even if it was true, "the same as" does not mean "proportional". Besides, you were not even talking about Mass, but about Matter. And Matter is not Mass.

Cheers.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
LoJ:

No. And even if it was true, "the same as" does not mean "proportional". Besides, you were not even talking about Mass, but about Matter. And Matter is not Mass.

Cheers.

Bros, what is matter. Why confuse yourself?

Einstein said that Gravity, inertia and acceleration are the same. Does that mean that Gravity = inertia = acceleration? Absolutely not.

Energy is another form of matter. When you convert between them, you don't get the exact amount of the other form BECAUSE THE ARE IN DIFFERENT FORMS. THAT IS WHY YOU SEE THE CONSTANT OF PROPORTIONALITY.

THIS IS NOT ENGLISH CLASS. THIS IS SCIENCE. YOU DON'T INTERPRETE LIKE THIS
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
micodon:

So, when you say something is another thing, does that necessarily mean that something = another thing?

Lemme ask you this, Athur Eddington discovered in 1919 or there about that light particles from a certain galaxy where deflected by a planet? Now, light particles are mass less. Why were they deflected?

I asked you this question LoJ

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning / Solar Eclipse Hits Nigeria (Video) / How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177