Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Invasion - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Invasion (3012 Views)

Flash Fiction: The Invasion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invasion by kenwins(f): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced
either in part of in whole in electronic or photocopy medium without the
prior written approval from the author.
You can contact the author instantly via +2348165250323 or
onikekehinde27@gmail.com or @kenwins7_ on IG

This short story is strictly an imagination of the writer. Names or actions that seems to be realistic is coincidental.

CHAPTER ONE- UTMOST SURPRISE
PLANET TWO

SHEILA'S POV

"Listen up class!" Mr George, the biology teacher said. "Today, we will be talking about HELIX DNA. The formulation of natural intramuscular triple-helical structures of DNA is......" He went on.

I have been on the DNA topic for a week now aside the teachings in class. I keep wondering if I'm part-human, part-alien and part-werewolf.

".......H-DNA is likely to form in vivo and may regulate the expression of various genes." Mr George finished just as the bell was rung.

I have been so eager to know what's wrong me. How to control my werewolf being. I went straight to my locker to get a few things away from my bag.

Sheila Smith!

Nervousness engulfed me as the soft and confident masculine voice brought me out of my reverie. I turned to face him but to my surprise, he was a stranger.

"Yes. Do I seem to know you?"

"Alexander Smith." He said with a hand stretched.

I took his hand in mine not reading any meaning to the emphasized Smith.

"Your uncle!" He pronounced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
ALEX'S POV

She withdrew her hand very slowly. I guess she was trying to register what I said.

"Oh my God! Was that sudden? Should I not have come to her school? What's that expression on her face? Confusion?" Anger? I thought. I really don't know what to make out of it when my eyes caught her clenched hands which formed a fist. Damn! She was bleeding. She must be fighting her inner being from ripping off my throat.

"Easy Sheila. Calm your nerves." I said with the coolest voice moving closer to hide her obvious reddish veins from the sight of other students. Though, I sure wasn't ready to die especially when it's the doing of someone I care about.

She was seriously bleeding now.

"Sheila!" I screamed getting the attention of other students. She was so much in rage as she ran out of the school. I had the intention of going after her even knowing how fast she runs but I had to clean her mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
SHEILA'S POV

At first, I was confused and didn't know what to say. I wanted to say something but my lips wouldn't move. My wolf being wanted to charge at this man who is tall, has smooth skin, a dark hair well plastered to his head and of course his cute dimples to complement his beauty. All that doesnt matter because I was so furious.

I was lost in my own thoughts when his voice calling my name jolted me out of my reverie. Then I realized how much I have hurt myself while trying not to let my inner being get the better of me.

Albest hall wasn't a place to reveal my true identity. So I had to get away from him by leaving school. At first, I ran so fast that i cared not what the students and other people would think i amhigh on. But then, I stopped five blocks away from home. I couldn't take it anymore. So many times my eyes have been clouded but forcefully, I restrained myself from dropping a tear. I knew this day would come. I just wasn't prepared for it.

I spotted Alexander Smith behind the wheels of a coming vehicle so I picked up my backpack and headed for the woods. I ran as fast as I could and as far as my legs could carry me. Jumping over log of woods like huddles, bending here and there to avoid being hit by branches, I didn't mind several little scratch on my legs. I ran so much that I lost the track of time. I was headed for my little home in the woods when I saw the moon.

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON.

Then I wolfed out and roar loudly. I ran a bit further and their it was.... My secret home in the wood. But then, I saw someone. A man who had a gun pointed at me while he stood at the entrance of my house . He sure isnt Alex.

"Who could he be? A wolf hunter!" I thought.

2 Likes

Re: Invasion by Skimpledawg(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
kenwins:
This short story is strictly an imagination of the writer. Names or actions that seems to be realistic is coincidental. However, this story is unedited.

Sheila's POV

Listen up class! Mr George the biology teacher said. Today, we will be talking about HELIX DNA. The formulation of natural intramuscular triple-helical structures of DNA is......

I have been on the DNA topic for a week now aside the teachings in class. I keep wondering if I'm part-human, part-alien and part-werewolf.

.......H-DNA is likely to form in vivo and may regulate the expression of various genes.

And so the class ended.

I have been so eager to know what's wrong me. How to control my werewolf being. I went straight to my locker to get a few things away from my bag.

Sheila Smith!

Nervousness engulfed me as I heard the soft and confident masculine voice call me. I turned to face him but to my surprise, he is a stranger.

Yes. Do I seem to know you?

Alexander Smith, he said with a hand stretched. I took his hand in mine not reading any meaning to the emphasized Smith.

Your uncle!
Waoh.... Lady kenwins is at it again..... # reading

1 Like

Re: Invasion by Skimpledawg(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Did i just quote all that? Lol... More of it dear

1 Like

Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
Skimpledawg and d9ty7.... you guys rock! ☺
Re: Invasion by D9ty7(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Finally!
Re: Invasion by Skimpledawg(m): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
kenwins:
Skimpledawg and d9ty7.... you guys rock! ☺
Atleast ma name came first grin
Re: Invasion by D9ty7(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Atleast ma name came first grin
lol.... Crazy

kenwins:
d9ty7 and Skimpledawg .... you guys rock! ☺
FIXED!
Re: Invasion by Skimpledawg(m): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
D9ty7:
lol.... Crazy
Yu cnt change the future man.... Missed u bro! Been a yle.

Stuff46 n Slimzjoe coman n see o
Re: Invasion by D9ty7(m): 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Oga boss! e no easy aiswear. Hope life's been treating you well sha?
Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
Mofo, i see yah miss call.

Kenwins this surely deserves my time. Bloody, asside from some few touches here and there, the work is great.

Oga Dee i see you.

1 Like

Re: Invasion by D9ty7(m): 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
stuff46:

Kenwins this surely deserves my time. Bloody, asside from some few touches here and there, the work is great.

Oga Dee i see you.
I see you in HD

1 Like

Re: Invasion by Slimzjoe(m): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Ma Add am For To-Do List tongue

1 Like

Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
D9ty7:

I see you in HD

Longest time.

I am seeing your hustle, God go uplift am. I am still looking for that Thomas Family conclusion.
Re: Invasion by kwencypresh(f): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
stuff46:

Oga Dee i see you.
i see you ooo
Re: Invasion by Skimpledawg(m): 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
D9ty7:

Oga boss! e no easy aiswear. Hope life's been treating you well sha?
Been really good bro... Just like dah faol stuff46 said, Oluwa will truly bless ya hustle!
Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2016
kwencypresh:
i see you ooo
Commot eye.
You are vexing me.
Re: Invasion by kwencypresh(f): 6:58am On Jan 30, 2016
stuff46:

Commot eye.
You are vexing me.
Na you dey vex me pass
Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2016
kwencypresh:
Na you dey vex me pass
How our pikin?
Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2016
kwencypresh:
Na you dey vex me pass
How our pikin?
Re: Invasion by kwencypresh(f): 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
He dey fine
stuff46:

How our pikin?
Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
kwencypresh:
He dey fine
Re: Invasion by stuff46(m): 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
kwencypresh:
He dey fine
I de come first.
Re: Invasion by kwencypresh(f): 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
grin grin
stuff46:

I de come first.
u wan start?
Re: Invasion by jezuzboi(m): 10:13am On Feb 19, 2016
Cool! Enjoyable!
Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
CHAPTER TWO- THE SAVIOUR
FLASHBACK
PLANET ONE

ERIC'S POV

"Mum! Mum!! Mum!!! Please don't give up on me. You are my strength." i cried as tears rolled down my cheeks. Even though i am a strong hearted man, seeing life slowly drift out of my mother, I couldn't help it.

"I tamed you Eric but you are a prince on the inside. A prince is a warrior. A warrior protects with the last drop of their blood. Save yourself son. There is nothing you can do to stop this bleeding. I can only weigh you down. Remember all I taught you. Run before they catch up with you." she said weakly.

"I'd gladly face my death rather than not be by your side now." I said amidst tears.

"You must have something to live for Eric. The throne! The kingdom! You need to live to protect it. To retrieve it from Hector, your father's uncle. Besides, having to b on the run just to protect you since your birth is enough strenght to push further." she poured out coldly.

"I refuse to be carried away with the clamours and glitz of the throne, mother. The throne could go to hell for all i care. I need you more than life itself." i vocifersted.

Mother was on the verge of death. Her words catching between gasps of breath, she managed to convey final words of valour to me.

"Son! Take charge of your emotions and run while you still can. I will die anyway."

I laid her well on the ground as tears freely flowed my cheeks. Seeing her bleed profusely hurts me.

"I love you." She mouthed.

"I love you more" I said as she brethed her last.

Life dawned on me as I stared into open emtiness. My destiny just became clearer.

I took to my heels. Ran as fast as I could but I knew they were closer than I thought. I couldn't risk being killed. Mother was right. I do have something to live for.....
THE THRONE! THE KINGDOM! MY SUBJECTS!

Three men in front of me all armed. Their swords so sharp I fear will slice my throat in one swift movement. How they got there, i do not know. I really had lost my concentration, I thought.

"Let's kill him". The shortest man with a worn out leather coat said.

"Beheading him is a better i dea since all the king need see is that we completed our assignment." Another said.

"None of that will happen. The order was to bring him dead or alive. However, I believe the king will be delighted to see him alive." The third and heavily built man uttered while moving closer to me.

I listened weakly as these men negotiated me head in between themselves. I didn't have any idea who to charge at first even if I had the tiniest of weapon. Tiredness engulfed me as I saw three arrows struck directly at the heart region of the three men.

Softly as the wind blew, it sent shivers down my spine.

"Who could this saviour be?" I thought as I blacked out.

PRESENT
PLANET TWO

SHEILA'S POV

I wondered what will happen if I charged at him. He's armed and just one click will send the bullet into my brain. I was so tensed. Anxiety had englufed me as i faintly saw a wolf roar so loudly out of the blues that it scared the man away causing him to drop his gun. I got its scent. It was a were wolf.

"Who could this saviour be?" I thought as i passed out like I do.

1 Like

Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
CHAPTER THREE- WE PART TO MEET
PLANET TWO

ALEX'S POV

As I watched Sheila sleep peacefully all night on my bed, i watched this stranger. I couldn't send him away last night because it was late. Even if it wasn't, if not for anything, O should let him stay because he saved Sheila. I turned to Sheila again. She's such an angel. A replica of her mother. She slept underneath the blue flowery duvet I used on her mother like one who wouldn't throw when she wakes.

"Hey!" I called as I tapped the stranger.

"Hey, Mr. Is it morning already?" he asked hopping out of bed like one who needs to catch a flight.

"slow down, young man. We need to talk". I said softly.

"I don't think so. Whatever you saw out there was nothing. A man tried to kill her after invading her privacy. I'm just going to get my sister and we'l leave in peace". He said with all seriousness not looking like someone who just woke from a deep sleep as he reached for his sneakers.

Staring deep into his eyes while he spoke and remembering how he saved Sheila reminded me of how I met Erica. That thought was quick to fade for something else got my attention. This teenager with deep blue eyes, chocolate in complexion, bold face and his hair scattered everywhere got me thinking where I have met with him before today. No doubt he has a slight resemblance with sheila but where I met him is the question. Besides, he seems younger than the picture i have in mind.

"Your sister, you say?" I asked as I kept connecting him to the different places I have been when my eyes caught a glimpse of something. He had bent to fasten his shoe lace when I saw the tatoo behind his neck. I have seen that somewhere.

" Yes! My sister. Any oblection?" he asked giving me a glare. His veins beacame glaring and his eyes were turning yellow.

"oh no! I'm not doubting you. She still needs to rest well was all I wanted to say. Besides, her killer is still out there knowing that there are two of you". I lied keeping my distance. At that moment, my fear for him superceded all things.

"I'm Alexander Smith, Sheila's uncle". I said after realizing how calm he was.

"Alexander Smith?" He asked wearing a frown.

"Yes!"

"Erica's brother?" He questioned.

My eyes widened as memories of Erica came flooding in. Our first meeting, the party we threw when my family and i knew she was pregnant with a boy and that hor.....

And then it dawned on me. He must be the boy Erica asked me to find. I'm so disappointed he found me rather than the other way round. Indeed, he is Sheila's brother. I thought.

"Alex! Harry?.... Are we really family?" Sheila asked amidst tears.

Harry and I gazed at eachother as if to pass a message across.

"Yes!" we chorused.

1 Like

Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks to everyone who has viewed this story. To the two guys that deserve the first mention, you both rock my world.

I'm so sorry for the inconsistency. Aside the fact that the story isn't a completed one, fuel scarcity and inconsistent power supply don't make me update even when i am ready to feed my readers.

It's been long I came here and so i forgot some monickers already. I still remember a few though..
Stuff46
jezuzboi
olashas
fantasyisland
awwal339
scopiicaar
rotremmanuel
suxxman
saucekid
kayemjay
kwencypresh
slimzjoe

NB: chapter three still continues.
Visit maverickinfos..com today.

1 Like

Re: Invasion by D9ty7(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
#Still following

1 Like

Re: Invasion by kenwins(f): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2016
Continuation.....
FLASHBACK
PLANET ONE

ERIC'S POV

"Mother!". I screamed from my sleep panting.

"Hey! Calm down! It's alright boy". An elf man settled on a chair just beside the bed I laid.

"It must have been have been a nightmare". I said as I breathed deeply.

"you want to talk about it?" He asked all concerned.

"I don't remember my dreams". I said softly as a beautiful young lady came in with a cup of water. She looked so stunning in that fitted leather suit that showed her cleavage. Her black boot neatly laced and her well stretched black hair fell nicely on her breast as it was tucked behind her left ear. Then she dropped the cup on the coffee table beside me before sitting on the bed I laid.

Though the building looked old fashioned but it was a place I could call a home. There are two two sleeping beds vertically opposite each other and the thought of sharing one with this beautiful lady made me forget whatever mission lies ahead of me... The mission of finding my father and securing the throne for us.

"Drink!". She said bringing me out of my riverie.

"Human!" I poured out coldly with a furiously bounding heart as I caugt a glimpse of her exposed ear. Her kind was known for slaying elves. They were usually brutal. I got a dagger from the pouch fastenedto my boot to prevent her from coming any closer.

With one swift movement, she had the dagger and was an inch close to my throat with it. Her bright green eyes changing its colour to red and bore deeply into mine. And then she dropped a tear.

"Daughter!" The man barked causing her to withdraw. She gasped with pain. Tucking her hair behind her right ear, she revealed her pointy right ear.

"Half elf". I murmured.
"Where am I?". I asked impatiently.

"A place where you will be served as dinner". She said harshly and left the room leaving my dagger behind.

"Be nice, Erica". Her father called after her.

"Erica? How conincidental. I'm called Eric". I told him.

"Call me father and I will smile". He grinned.

1 Like

Re: Invasion by mused: 10:45am On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=kenwins post=42442954]This short story is strictly an imagination of the writer. Names or actions that seems to be realistic is coincidental. However, this story is unedited.

Sheila's POV

Listen up class! Mr George the biology teacher said. Today, we will be talking about HELIX DNA. The formulation of natural intramuscular triple-helical structures of DNA is......

.......H-DNA is likely to form in vivo and may regulate the expression of various genes.

And so the class ended.

Sheila Smith!

Nervousness engulfed me as I heard the soft and confident masculine voice call me. I turned to face him but to my surprise, he is a stranger.

Yes. Do I seem to know you?

Alexander Smith, he said with a hand stretched. I took his hand in mine not reading any meaning to the emphasized Smith.

Your uncle!]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG !! Jason Derulo Pose Completely Nak*d (pic) / [story] Manager’s Villa (rated 18+)...part 3 / Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.