Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (41892 Views)

Soldiers Demolish Old Barracks In Suleja, Niger State (Photos) / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2016
karleone:

Oh! I see! That's so lovely to hear.
From a book I read, Elements of Reinforced Concrete design (can't remember the name very well), Engr. V. Oyenuga made some statements about using load bearing walls. One of them is, It must be machine made and each bag of cement should yield a maximum of 25 blocks (though I know it shouldn't just be 25 but should be within that number to obtain a good strength). He also talked about the Bearing Capacity of the soil ranging from 150Kn/m^2 ~ 200Kn/m^2; and from your explanation above, it's like the soil BC met the requirement. Now, what quantity of the Machine vibrated stone dust blocks are formed from a bag?
Are your blocks made on site under your supervision so that the desired strength/number per bag would be achieved or they are made away from site? Because, I know most of these block industry guys are always after their pockets, not considering the required strength to be achieved.

Sorry if my questions are annoying. I'm just a learner trying to building my CE experience.

Nice sir... I am very familiar with oyenuga ( the Yaba tech, doctor). In that reinforced concrete design book you spoke about, the man was referring to load bearing partition wall and in structures, a load bearing wall must carry a reasonable load like slab, heavy roof, canopy beams etc.

The bungalow we are building here will only carry a head beam of 225mm x 225mm and also very light wood truss. Having say that it is still important to build according to some standard. We bought the block from a trusted supplier that uses stone dust to produce block and he get between 30- 35 for every one back of cement, properly vibrated and cure for some days before the work. We use this method because it will not be economical to mould ourself with the vibrated machine for such a low quantity of block we want to buy.

Bearing capacity only affect the width of the strip footings that will carry the load bearing wall but this affect heavily loaded portion wall. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by karleone(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Nice sir... I am very familiar with oyenuga ( the Yaba tech, doctor). In that reinforced concrete design book you spoke about, the man was referring to load bearing partition wall and in structures, a load bearing wall must carry a reasonable load like slab, heavy roof, canopy beams etc.

The bungalow we are building here will only carry a head beam of 225mm x 225mm and also very light wood truss. Having say that it is still important to build according to some standard. We bought the block from a trusted supplier that uses stone dust to produce block and he get between 30- 35 for every one back of cement, properly vibrated and cure for some days before the work. We use this method because it will not be economical to mould ourself with the vibrated machine for such a low quantity of block we want to buy.

Bearing capacity only affect the width of the strip footings that will carry the load bearing wall but this affect heavily loaded portion wall. Thanks

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Miscellaneous(m): 2:00am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Formwork is a is a platform use to enclose concrete in a civil engineering/building construction. it is a temporary structure that serve the above listed purpose a d it is removed (striking) after the concrete as set.

For this foundation, the Formwork is that wood that is nailed to the edges round to get a reasonable height, level and to hold back the concrete.

Dpc is an oversite concrete that is part of foundation but place at an height above ground level.

Thanks alot man... I got it

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by spyder880(m): 3:01am On Feb 04, 2016
I am enjoying and learning some things here, keep the good work going engineer, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by agarawu23(m): 5:02am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

You know it will not be polite to do share someone building plan. I can produce similar one for you at reasonable cost.

The projected cost of the project will vary greatly if this house is built I the east or west because so any variable like cost of materials.
Here 30tonne of gravel is 65k, similar gravel will cost me 165k in anambra and about 200k in Port Harcourt.

Digging of the foundation was done for 20k, it will cost up to 45 to 50k in the east.

In summary, this building will cost between 4-6million to achieve what I have on the three dimensional drawings.
1.long span aluminum roofing sheet
2 . sliding Windows,
3. Tiles of around N1200/square meters
4. Pop ceiling for living room and dining, and pvc ceiling for other rooms.
5.polyatyrene fascia
6.interlocked compound ,,,
good morning oga,

Bolded
The owners aren't low income earner o cheesy

Nice project sir

*following'

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by johnson232: 6:48am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Compaction of filled to achieve a very rigid foundation.
The compaction was done by water g the foundation for ten hours after which a very heavy manually made rammer is used to compact the foundation to the required level
nice job...
how many tons did u use for the filling sir?
did u make use of mixer for the dpc casting?
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2016
spyder880:
I am enjoying and learning some things here, keep the good work going engineer, thank you.

Thanks sir... we are your boys, coming up like you sir

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Block work : for this bungalow we are going to be using 9'' block throughout out.

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:58am On Feb 04, 2016
More block work updates: we intend to get to four courses for the first day room

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Onuokwu: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

That thread, if memory serves me well the builder specific States that he is building a 'raft foundation'.
The use of iron mesh is important, it add more assurance and protect the foundation when not properly compacted.

We decided not to use iron mesh or y8 for variety of reasons like
1. The fill is low and fully compacted.
2. The building area is relatively small
3. The mass concrete will do just fine without mesh or light reinforcement

Okay. That makes sense.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Onuokwu: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Hmmmm....This Abdulwastecx guy will make a good lecturer in an university as well as a hands on practitioner on the field. I am also learning a lot here.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Onuokwu: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Ok sir.
I have made it a policy to build all my structures ( either bungalow or duplex) as frames structure ( building where there are columns and such columns carries all the load rendering the wall to be just partition wall) since most of the house we have been constructing are in the east or south South, where the soil is relatively soft.

@Bolded...what happened to your project in Ogidi and the bungalow in Anambra state. Have you concluded with them? Can we see last pictures of finished houses if the owner will permit.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:38am On Feb 04, 2016
Onuokwu:

@Bolded...what happened to your project in Ogidi and the bungalow in Anambra state. Have you concluded with them? Can we see last pictures of finished houses if the owner will permit.

Here is the anambra house you asked for.
We left the site December after we finished the plastering, we will resume work this month. due to hammertern which causes shrinkage, we decided to wait a little bit for the hammertern to go before resuming work.

Work slated for this phase are
1. Fence plastering
2. External wall rendering
3 . security house.
4. Completion of the garage etc.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2016
Here is the ogidi bungalow

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Onuokwu:

As you can see that the bungalow is in the same compound as the duplex but since the duplex is a family house (my client don't really want too much publicity) but since he is also a silent observer on nairaland, he didn't object us having it here.

As you also observe, our work is done stage by stage. We signed agreement after each stage, if the client is happy with our previous job then we sign on to continue the job and if we are not up to scratch we look for ways to get it done properly before we proceed.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=abdulwastecx post=42489307]Filling: [/quote

Please, Sir. How many layers of block from blinding to filling? Thanks
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 10:18am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=densel post=42606935][/quote]

Two
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Two

Thanks
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by hopefulme: 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Block work : for this bungalow we are going to be using 9'' block throughout out.

Can i use 6 inches block for my internal walls in a similar 3bedroom?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 1:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
hopefulme:

Can i use 6 inches block for my internal walls in a similar 3bedroom?

Yes sir
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Onuokwu: 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

As you can see that the bungalow is in the same compound as the duplex but since the duplex is a family house (my client don't really want too much publicity) but since he is also a silent observer on nairaland, he didn't object us having it here.

As you also observe, our work is done stage by stage. We signed agreement after each stage, if the client is happy with our previous job then we sign on to continue the job and if we are not up to scratch we look for ways to get it done properly before we proceed.

Fantastic. That's really progress and transformation of the house and bungalow. That means we have many more lessons coming up soon. Remember to update the respective threads when you resume work later this month.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by hopefulme: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Yes sir

Thanks. Does the price quotes on the materials extend to areas like kubwa and dutse.The prices seems reasonable. winkGreat work bro
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
hopefulme:

Thanks. Does the price quotes on the materials extend to areas like kubwa and dutse.The prices seems reasonable. winkGreat work bro

Some variations may occur bit it will be OK sir. Just contact me through the number or email below sir
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by mufutau55(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Some variations may occur bit it will be OK sir. Just contact me through the number or email below sir

Edit your signature line o. There is no email address, phone numbers, and Whatsapp number there...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
mufutau55:

Edit your signature line o. There is no email address or phone numbers there...

Hajji M.

And if space permits include your LinkedIn profile.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And if space permits include your LinkedIn profile.
OK sir, my oga
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by 4nobody4every1: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nice job, following bumper 2 bumper cool
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
More block work updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
More block work updates

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
More updates from our block work

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wow! The house don ready o. God bless.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
mufutau55:
Wow! The house don ready o. God bless.

Hajji M.

Amin sir o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Need HDF Doors?: Check Out Our Custom HDF Doors With Edge Protection Material. / New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City / Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.