Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,301 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:04 PM

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know (51196 Views)

China Police Orders Hotel Managements To Drive Out All Nigerians / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / Wise-up! These Are 5 People To Notify Before You Travel Overseas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by VickyRotex(f): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Op, wa gbayi!!! cool
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by femimike1(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Masculity(m): 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adaowerri111:
No time to check those stuffs for my ibo brothers, they must adapt to any condition no matter what the case may be

i believe you guy. Could you imagine someone has to change his religion.
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by winilove(f): 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
Same way of laughing.... cheesy
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by makabulchi(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
sukkot:
and if you find yourself in an arab or islamic country do not toast their women or you will be lynched in public. me i done talk my own sha tongue
I fit collect number?
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by biafranbaby(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
Investigate if there are any Igbos settled there. If no Igbos there, don't go.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by biafranbaby(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
Masculity:

i believe you guy. Could you imagine someone has to change his religion.

Yes, I am now a Satanist. LOL

1 Like

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by SmithRussell(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
Jchi9876:
They say naija way is jagajaga,
So most importantly leave your Nigerianess at MMA and act like your host community.

If its Rome behave like Romans it is called forming and will keep you away from trouble.

That last part is naat correct..

It's "If it's Rome, don't misbehave like the Romans"
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by HARDDON: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Living Abroad ain't for urs truly.....
Vacation only.....

Make d money:

Have Farms in Argentina
Gold mine in Ghana
Clothe line in italy
Football club in England
IT gadget Production Company in China
Fire satellite into space from Russia
University in d US
HQTs(Tourists site) in Nigeria Housing next gen Tek in IT/Telecom
Guarded by Israelis
Sipping some strange chills
Export d world to d world!
UN books appointments

#donthateimBlessed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by bee444: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
@op. You've forgotten the most important one.

Tell them that they will only be received and welcomed for two weeks, after which they will begin to see the other side of their host.

Bottom line, don't go abroad relying on friends or family. You will regret it. Pls I beg of you, stay in Nigeria if your parents arent in abroad. People are wicked and would do anything to make sure you dont succeed above them.

Find your own way!

11 Likes

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by hustla(m): 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
bee444:

Tell them that they will only be received and welcomed for two weeks, after which they will begin to see the other side of their host.

Bottom line, don't go abroad relying on friends or family. You will regret it. Pls I beg of you, stay in Nigeria if your parents arent in abroad. People are wicked and would do anything to make sure you dont succeed above them.

Find your own way!

Valid and important point! Very very valid!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by tosyne2much(m): 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
Clone2020:
11. Nobody gives a damn about your titles as chief, Lolo, oba, Igwe, Eze etc so don't go there feeling all important. Don't even try intimidating anyone by asking "Do you know who I am?" Nobody cares.
Lmao cheesy
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by dolar4: 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
not a small thing
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by ladiesperfume(m): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Next2Bezee:
Don't do drugs and crimes.

The worst thing for a Nigerian is to be jailed or killed in another country for any reason.

Come abroad to countries like Malaysia, UK, Thailand, China and see the amount of Nigerians in Jail praying everyday that they can see Nigeria again.
malaysia jail is still better thn nigeria #oya_Dab

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Xeedorf: 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
dolar4:
not a small thing
cool
dolar4:
not a small thing
Again. Never doll yourself...
Mago ara e
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by anumide(f): 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
embarassed I got cheated in a mall last week. my .25 phils is gone. that no. 1 is so important. embarassed
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Stanbeto: 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nija remains the best

1 Like

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Mediapace:
They want to born halfcast ni lols
U non like half cast? At least ur pikin go fine some if u marry fine oyibo wife
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by badesco(m): 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nice one
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
Next2Bezee:
Don't do drugs and crimes.

The worst thing for a Nigerian is to be jailed or killed in another country for any reason.

Come abroad to countries like Malaysia, UK, Thailand, China and see the amount of Nigerians in Jail praying everyday that they can see Nigeria again.
That is because most them are spoiling our image. Those countries now stereotype us because of our behaviour.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
HARDDON:
Living Abroad ain't for urs truly.....
Vacation only.....

Make d money:

Have Farms in Argentina
Gold mine in Ghana
Clothe line in italy
Football club in England
IT gadget Production Company in China
Fire satellite into space from Russia
University in d US
HQTs(Tourists site) in Nigeria Housing next gen Tek in IT/Telecom
Guarded by Israelis
Sipping some strange chills
Export d world to d world!
UN books appointments

#donthateimBlessed
nice dreams but is it with the Less than $1500 dollars you earn in Nigeria that you gonna use to establish does businesses? Bro don't let the Rich men based in Nigeria deceive you! Most of these rich men at a point in their lives were living abroad! Go read about Dangote or otedola or Adenuga! My advice to anybodi wanting to go abroad is this: If you feel that's where your treasure is,then Go! If not stay back home and get your treasure there!! Me myself, Am a Dentist here in Atlanta, I can tell u that I make over 10x the salaries of my colleagues in Nigerian Teaching Hospitals!! Shalom

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
dapyd1:
People shouldn't have the idea that running out is the best option. Apart from those who go for academic pursuits or have a 'good' job waiting for them, its better to stay back.
Nigeria has many problems, we know, but challenges also mean opportunities.
Many Nigerians living abroad have it very tough,they can't even afford to visit home. The kind of menial jobs you see them doing ehn.
Also,Nigeria is your home, even if you hussle and lose,you can always start afresh. Don't go and stay illegally in someone else's land. IT IS HELL.
The truth be told, there is nothing special over there. Anyone that can't make it here there is the tendency they wouldn't make it over there. Their government only provide basic amenities to her citizens while they work hard to earn a living
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by SolexxBarry(m): 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
sukkot:
and if you find yourself in an arab or islamic country do not toast their women or you will be lynched in public. me i done talk my own sha tongue
Like u r talking from experience wink
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The truth be told, there is nothing special over there. Anyone that can't make it here there is the tendency they wouldn't make it over there. Their government only provide basic amenities to her citizens while they work hard to earn a living
not totally true sir!! Apart from the basic amenities, Believe me, life here is relatively easier, Its easier to fund your fees, systems are working and too numerous things I can mention! Like I said in my former comment^^^ if you feel your treasure is in Nigeria, then stay and you gonna get it there,but if you tink its over here, come sharply!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Clone2020(m): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
bee444:

Find your own way!

Well said. Give this guy a bottle of beer!
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
Osahon7:
not totally true sir!! Apart from the basic amenities, Believe me, life here is relatively easier, Its easier to fund your fees, systems are working and too numerous things I can mention! Like I said in my former comment^^^ if you feel your treasure is in Nigeria, then stay and you gonna get it there,but if you tink its over here, come sharply!
Seriously! Wow
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by WHOcarex: 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
undecided
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Next2Bezee(m): 12:02am On Feb 28, 2016
ladiesperfume:
malaysia jail is still better thn nigeria #oya_Dab

Who told you? Most Malaysian immigration jails are underground. Small cells filled with people who would kill you in a heartbeat and an industrial Air conditioner in every cell that will give you pneumonia in mere hours. You won't even know what the sky, sun, rain looks like again...you won't even know the time or be able to keep track of days anymore and a lot of people are dying there.

Pray it never happens to you, there is no place like home.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by macino1(m): 1:26am On Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for the information
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by oc2fish: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2016
Next2Bezee:

Who told you? Most Malaysian immigration jails are underground. Small cells filled with people who would kill you in a heartbeat and an industrial Air conditioner in every cell that will give you pneumonia in mere hours. You won't even know what the sky, sun, rain looks like again...you won't even know the time or be able to keep track of days anymore and a lot of people are dying there.

Malaysian jail na hell. Not able to differentiate day from night is enough stress .

Pray it never happens to you, there is no place like home.
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by harsysky(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2016
But iam a chief naa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Falls On Man's Car On Ojuelegba Bridge, Comes Out Alive From The Accident / Train Crushes Man To Death In Agege After Falling Off (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.