Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court (21754 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / I Denied My Husband Sex Because Of Cigarette Odour - Wife Tells Court / How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by ijustdey: 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
By Onozure Dania

There was a mild drama recently at the Agboyi/Ketu customary court when a woman Ethel Amagala 53, who had earlier approached the court for the dissolution of her marriage with one Emmanuel Amagala, 60, stormed the court in anger over newspaper publication of her divorce case.

Mrs Amagala whose children had earlier pleaded the court to discontinue the case, said her husband also became angry when he read their divorce story in the newspaper (not Vanguard). She said: “The children want the case discontinued as it is causing embarrassment to the family. They said they would find a way to bring peace into the family.”

She had on the November 12, 2015 approached the court for a divorce with her estranged husband who she said took a new younger wife. The President, Mr. O. T. William however lampooned Mrs Amagala over her behaviour noting that the court was a public place and could not have stopped journalists from doing their job.

The embattled woman sought divorce on the grounds of abandonment, infidelity, lack of love and threat to life. “My husband constantly tells me I’m old.”

Narrating how she met her husband over 27 years ago, she said: “When he was studying at the Teachers’ Institute in Bayelsa, he did not have money to take care of the family; I was frying and selling chips in Bayelsa and even borrowed money for his studies.”

When we had our first child, it was my elder sister who paid for the hospital bill and took care of me and the baby for three months. The situation remained same until 1991 when he took up an appointment with the NNPC, as a manager. Now, he decided to marry a younger woman and calls me a witch saying “I am old.”

She further claimed that her husband constantly beats her, leaving her with injuries. “He had one day threatened me with a knife in the presence of our tenants who rescued me as he would have stabbed me with the knife.” Mr Emmanuel Amagala denied the allegation of assault story on his wife but told the court he abandoned the house he built and decided to live alone in a rented apartment because of her incessant nagging attitude which he described as unbearable. The President however asked the couple to go home and make their marriage work.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/i-borrowed-money-for-his-studies-now-he-says-im-old-wife-tells-court/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by vicraven(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
damn

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by wtfCode: 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
grin
not really funny tho

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by cutetopsey(f): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
shocked
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by Aare2050(m): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
eeyah!

that's shit.

anyway, madam. I salute your generosity, you're such a nice woman. God is by your side.

only if I'm able to read all the story I would have know what to recommend. but at the sane time, I think you need to try your generosity on someone else. to know maybe all men are the sane.

so if you don't mind, I need just $4,000 from you.

woman and their pitiable stories.

Seun did the same to lindaikeji, if I lie, ask mankind of naijaloaded.

3 Likes

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by ThePeacemaker(m): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
Borrowed money for someone.....
Who does that?

People no dey stand as guarantor again sef
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by justi4jesu(f): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
Smh
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by winkmart: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Simply UNGRATEFUL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by winkmart: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
why would a man do that. Reason why some people don't help

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by holluwai(m): 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ingrate alert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by looseweight: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by tuna4servi(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
shocked
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by passionate88: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
I hate reading/hearing such stories
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by allanphash7(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by nnanyereugo(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by richidinho(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
ok
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by jtizie(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
Make dem go dia house go settle
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by jaylister(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
ijn
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by ritababe(f): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
lol, the woman self na confirm olodo
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by saintkel(m): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Guys let's talk, it has got to stop guys, aren't we tired of cheating?, I just dnt get dis, how can a gal I love now turn to be old woman, when she was suffering for u u never saw dis, now u've got a top job with NNPC and she's not ur class?. Men we r heartless atimes, 4give me but dats d truth

20 Likes

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by Pavore9: 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
Let them resolve it.
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by Donald3d(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
eyah embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by DebbyChris(f): 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
Imagine!!! human's heart is indeed wicked.
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by prinsam30: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
this one na double wahala for deady body
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by Sunnycliff(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
For men who discovers aging barriers after marriage deserves to be incarcerated and worst after unduly taking advantage of the woman.

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by kennyman2000(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lol...
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by Exponental(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
sorry.... love robbery
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by Mrlekan07034617: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lolz that's what we call ONE CHANCE!!
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by pretydiva(f): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Eyaa
Re: I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court by danduchi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
So many Maima around ready to collect people's husband

(1) (2) (Reply)

82-Year-Old Missing Woman In Lagos Found / I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village / Come Share Your Biggest Problem, Challenge Or Source Of Depression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.