Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) (63494 Views)

One Hundred Days Abroad And Still Posing For Pictures' - Ffk Rubbishes Buhari / Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Can you spot the difference?

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Please what is responsible?

Which do you prefer?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by yungchief(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mehn... U go try ask Wikipedia oo

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ThePeacemaker(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
BECAUSE WITCHES WONT BE ABLE TO FLY AT NIGHT IF IT''S AS BRIGHT AS THAT IN THE FIRST AND SECOND PICS

196 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by jumper524(m): 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
who told you our's is dull?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Cyojunior(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
I tink I should start blaming bull-hari.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by datola: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
It's not all 'abroad' Street lights that are like that.

I don't like most of the yellow ones here though. You don't see clearly driving under them.

10 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by chriskosherbal(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pls oo let's allow them to provide one first before we start to talk of any preference oo.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lagos street lights look like street lights used in planet Neptune by aliens. Can you see with these lights? Yeye government deceiving gullible citizens. Watch out...as expected a gullible citizen will reply me and try to argue with me.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Amberon: 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Yellow lights are outdated, not environmentally friendly and release dangerous emissions to the atmosphere. They are no longer used in developed climes. You can only find them in 3rd world countries. Its a pity our government don't know this.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by domopps(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
Op because Abroad and Nigeria ain't the same.........

Cheeeers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
I prefer darkness in the day and yellow light at night.

Where is lalasticlala sef

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by osesology(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
Op, dont you know that we are a very colourful nation?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Tee99(m): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
better yellow than nothing

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Montaque(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
The difference is clear
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Montaque(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
The difference is clear

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by freakcin: 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
The yellow lights are from sodium bulbs. They are skin friendly and do not produce ultraviolet rays which could lead to a lot of health hazards.

The white light on the other hand is gotten from mercury bulbs which comes with a lot of UV hazards. Eliminating these hazards increases the cost of production. Which makes it more expensive to install.

Personally I'd rather go with yellow light, sodium bulbs with no potential skin cancer, long term effect than the mercury bulbs.

215 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Super1Star: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
freakcin:
The yellow lights are from sodium bulbs. They are skin friendly and do not produce ultraviolet rays which could lead to a lot of health hazards.

The white light on the other hand is gotten from mercury bulbs which comes with a lot of UV hazards. Eliminating these hazards increases the cost of production. Which makes it more expensive to install.

Personally I'd rather go with yellow light, sodium bulbs with no potential skin cancer, long term effect than the mercury bulbs.

Thank you for the enlightenment.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Rossikk(m): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:
Can you spot the difference?

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Please what is responsible?

Which do you prefer?
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

158 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by gen2briz(m): 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

KIAAAAA......

6 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Caseless: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
Op, I hope you don't have those yellow bulbs in your house.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
freakcin:

I can bet you that those white lights are produced by led bulbs which are better because the consume less energy and they are not gotten from Mercury bulbs which are like 20-30 years old technology. Bro state the facts.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
I just feel that the problem down here is that most projects are not properly awarded or supervised because night time illumination for roads have a standard lumen value which should be followed before a street light project can be said to have been completed. Till we start strict adherence to standards in this country nothing will get better because we end up wasting more money thinking we are saving small penny

8 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Rapsowdee01(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
freakcin:

I concur... Moreover, they are supposed to be used and night.. When driving, under the white light, it can get into your eyes and make you veer off the road.. IF YOU ARE NOT A PRO....
But the yellow lights are very safe even when you're just driving for the first time !!! And OP... Can't you people just stop trying to spoil the great name of this nation ?

MFs !!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Pearlmarvy: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
The difference between the two is same difference between Nigeria and their counterparts But I think the brighter light is better Since security reasons are involved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by sinkhole: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
We have solar powered LED street light on some streets of Lafia Nasarawa State, though some of them are dying due to lack of maintainance but they are still bright and white

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
Because we arentt in the same league with them

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.
Bro i dey always dey feel your comments, you speak your mind logically without any sign of prejudice.

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by freakcin: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
chrysblaise:
I can bet you that those white lights are produced by led bulbs which are better because the consume less energy and they are not gotten from Mercury bulbs which are like 20-30 years old technology. Bro state the facts.

Stop comming across like you are daft.

Is the whole of US illuminated by LED's? The cost of conversion from conventional lightings like mercury and sodium to LED nor be come chop. If developed nations are utilizing both options is it Nigeria with her economy almost on the brinks that should go all the way LED?

Btw, like one of the posters opined, LED's illumination levels could end up being hazardous to in-experienced drivers.

7 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
If I am ignoramus then consider yourself an ignorantious elenchi and a homo habbilis. You lack common sence required in this type of topic. I recommend this site for www.children.com

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by twinskenny(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Pls oo let's allow them to provide one first before we start to talk of any preference oo.
abi oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by tuna4servi(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
The difference is clear
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by sukkot: 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
why you no move abroad na. nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu To Lose His British Citizenship - Kemi Olunloyo / Senator Orji Kalu Arrives Abia Months After Release From Prison (Photos) / Yahaya Bello, His Wife And Supporters Celebrate After He Was Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.