Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! (40759 Views)

The Colossal Black Holes (stars, Their Death,and passages to other universe) / 10 Myths And Realities About The Universe / Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

I don't understand your question... u mean like.. what makes the sun separate from the earth ?
em... I wouldn't call the sun a universe, much less the earth. I meant the universe(s). If the universes are always expanding, according to the multiverse theories, that would mean the space between them is infinite or at some point they would grow into each other.

Now I'm concerned about the said space. If it's no different from the space in a universe, then it's governed by physical laws too... No?

If the universe is finite, it has boundaries, right? What makes universe A different from universe B?

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
I just wonder if we left science to the Africa better still Nigeria, would we have come this far? would we have been curious about stars. planets, the universe, because the average Nigeria only believes, he can't think or rather is too scared to create or imagine anything outside religion, thank goodness for those who put religion aside and go out to satisfy their curiosity so as to have us fully understand how we came about, where we are on the map of the world what we are capable of doing if we open our minds to science, curiosity, observations and more, it's looks scary but beautiful and earth is one small part of it and our country is even a smaller part of it and we, well as someone said we are smaller than dots, but we have learn to connect the dots together to give us these and then we actually have other universes, at this point, i give up, i thought the universe was infinite and endless and now they are other universe just like ours, what and who could be living there? there is so much to know angry
Astrology was purely religious at the beginning
Look for the Book of Eden. It's one of the books that never made the bible. There is extensive astrological discussion in it. You find similar things in the book of Enoch.

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:
other universes,each keep expanding and getting bigger .. it's a multiuniverse system
Now I see where the theory of alien life in those other universes comes from.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by jornie(m): 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
H

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Strawman: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Who snapped it?
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by maverickboy: 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
nze4al:
Ever wondered what the entire universe might look like?

The universe is so vast it’s almost impossible to picture what it might look like crammed into one field of view.

But musician Pablo Carlos Budassi managed to do it by combining logarithmic maps of the universe from Princeton and images from NASA. He created the image below that shows the observable universe in one disc.

Our sun and solar system are at the very center of the image, followed by the outer ring of our Milky Way galaxy, the Perseus arm of the Milky Way, a ring of other nearby galaxies like Andromeda, the rest of the cosmic web, cosmic microwave background radiation leftover from the big bang, and finally a ring of plasma also generated by the big bang.

More @ https://techmzy./2016/01/30/the-look-of-the-entire-universe-in-one-picture/
It's truly awesome.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Please this is not the picture of the universe, this is an artist concept painting that depicts the place of the earth in relation to the levels of universal groups.. This is not a picture of the universe abeg, stop the god damn misinformation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by ifenes(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
There is no god

2 Likes

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Kangol99(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Who snap the picture?
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Flashh: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Who took the picture? This is just imagination.

5 Likes

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Flashh: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Kangol99:
Who snap the picture?
Same question I'm asking. People with their imagination.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
ribbit:
lmao.. you are not even close to a dot.. a dot there is like giant planet, asteroids or star. you can only be a dot there if you are like the size of pluto grin

you see those round thing are galaxies? and those tiny golden lights behind each galaxy are suns. a sun is a billion times the size of earth. even you cant locate our own milky way galaxy out of the countless number of galaxies in the universe let alone think you are a dot grin

LOL, so You're saying he doesn't exists abi grin

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by hettetatattam(m): 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
And who took the pix of the entire univers

Very wrong pics
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Flashh: 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
digoster:
nah!! Those dots could be countries
Countries? Or planets combined together.

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Louiscutedude(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
okay
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by banmee(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
digoster:
nah!! Those dots could be countries

Actually they are galaxies and solar systems.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by bxcode(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
Big bang theory... so people still actually believe in that stuff, that the whole universe came out of nothing?
Dumb to the power of twoundecided

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Dollyak(f): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
This picture is really misleading and it isn't in anyway close to being accurate. To capture the universe would be to know the boundary of the universe. There are milions of galaxies in the universe of which are not represented in those pictures. It is merely an imaginative representation of the artist thought about the universe.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by hettetatattam(m): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
What percentage is the observable universeee self Who can pls tell me and ho u take know?
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by madridguy(m): 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Beautiful just like you swissheart.

Swissheart:
Very beautiful
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Fash20: 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
nze4al:
Ever wondered what the entire universe might look like?

The universe is so vast it’s almost impossible to picture what it might look like crammed into one field of view.

But musician Pablo Carlos Budassi managed to do it by combining logarithmic maps of the universe from Princeton and images from NASA. He created the image below that shows the observable universe in one disc.

Our sun and solar system are at the very center of the image, followed by the outer ring of our Milky Way galaxy, the Perseus arm of the Milky Way, a ring of other nearby galaxies like Andromeda, the rest of the cosmic web, cosmic microwave background radiation leftover from the big bang, and finally a ring of plasma also generated by the big bang.

More @ https://techmzy./2016/01/30/the-look-of-the-entire-universe-in-one-picture/
No No No. The Universe is far far far bigger than that.

Our nebula is just like a grain of sand in a beach. I'm I making any sense?

Even Albert Einstein doubted if the universe is finite.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Toks2008(m): 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
And it is very astounding that Jehovah made the galaxies.

He must be more than what people think he is.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by dmexy33: 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
damn! im one of those black dots

no. we and billions of other people are in one of those black dots.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Rossikk(m): 3:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
Whoever told him that our solar system is the center of the universe ?
Exactly. The minute I saw that, I knew it wasn't a serious study. Man and his delusions of grandeur. Of all the hundreds of billions of planets, many with intelligent life like ours, it had to be Earth that's right at the centre of it all. What exactly makes us so special? Nonsensical, quack research.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by CapitalX(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
huh? Those dots are planets and other solar bodies. Thats not the view of earth, it is the universe!
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by dazzlingd(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
ribbit:
lmao.. you are not even close to a dot.. a dot there is like giant planet, asteroids or star. you can only be a dot there if you are like the size of pluto grin

you see those round thing are galaxies? and those tiny golden lights behind each galaxy are suns. a sun is a billion times the size of earth. even you cant locate our own milky way galaxy out of the countless number of galaxies in the universe let alone think you are a dot grin

gbam!
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Mattew690(m): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
When is saw stupid post ALL I DO is mtcheew

When is saw stupid post ALL I DO is mtcheew
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Rossikk(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
hettetatattam:
What percentage is the observable universeee self Who can pls tell me and ho u take know?
Less than 2% of the universe is observable to human eyes. That 2% comprises that part of the universe where matter reflects light. 98% of matter in the universe is 'dark matter', which does not reflect light, and we are blind to it as physical humans. It is in that space that places like the 'spirit world', 'heaven', and countless millions of civilizations invisible to our senses, exist. When we 'die', our consciousness/souls return to that realm, which is actually our true home.

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by djraymy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
Hmmm... So what's outside the universe? If it's boundless, this representation makes no sense.
guy you daft ohh
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Dynamite02: 3:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
That's the solar system....the small dot in the middle is the sun,while the objects rotating round it amongst them are big and small planets including the earth...so you are not a small dot there but a small dot inside planet earth.....LoL

By the way....the universe does not have any margin,it is infinite.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by stunning4real: 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
Hmmm... So what's outside the universe? If it's boundless, this representation makes no sense.
Heaven and hell is outside of the universe grin
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
ibullem:
Breathtakingly Beautiful
Hmmmm...... Breathtaking and beautiful...... I can't shout.. That was the response I got from a NL for writing....simply lovely.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.