Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning (40264 Views)

Lady Dies On Her 20th Birthday From Fire Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / Python That Eats My Neighbour's Chicken Caught Alive This Morning / See The Owl They Killed At Ikotun Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by obailala(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
They say Water No Get Enemy, I am tempted to doubt this statement because of the number of lives taken by water regularly.

But then I am tempted to ask, dont we use life vests in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by kennyman2000(m): 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
so sad
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by obua: 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
they ain't gona help if one doesn't knw hw to swim..
Life jackets can help.they help you keep afloat , so you don't go under water. If you can't swim, it will suspend you above water

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by ayogirl(f): 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
R.I.P to the dead ones
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Bespiel: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
Those life jackets don't work at all. Remembered using it last year

LET THE GOVERNMENT INTERVENE IN WATERWAYS TRANSPORTATION
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by nenergy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
This why i refer open boats, with covered boats...during a boat accident life jacket can become a "death jacket". The boat sinks and you are trapped because you float inside.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Cutehector(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
obua:
Life jackets can help.they help you keep afloat , so you don't go under water. If you can't swim, it will suspend you above water
so why did dey die? angry
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by lonelydora: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
thorpido:
R.I.P to the dead.
Don't the live jackets help?

Life jacket only keeps you afloat.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by 3kay945(m): 8:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
People die like flies everyday.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Holuwakemmy16(f): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
JESUS!!!
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by augustineeze234: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
rip
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by waldigit: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
lonelydora:

the life jacket are not good. I doubt if it can work. I was once a victim of terrible storm on this same route.
Govt. got to do something to regulate.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by SURElee(f): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
Oh!My Lord. These people have relations o! I can't even imagine the pain they are going through now. I still can't understand why some people endanger themselves, no life jackets and they still enter a boat? God give us wisdom that will save us from irreversible mistakes this year.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by talktimi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
thorpido:
R.I.P to the dead.
Don't the live jackets help?
if you can't use a life jacket you'll still die
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by thorpido(m): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cutehector:
they ain't gona help if one doesn't knw hw to swim..
talktimi:
if you can't use a life jacket you'll still die
lonelydora:

Na wa o.So without knowing how to swim you have a little chance of survival.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by flokii: 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
obailala:
They say Water No Get Enemy, I am tempted to doubt this statement because of the number of lives taken by water regularly.

But then I am tempted to ask, dont we use life vests in Nigeria?

who fit bliv say na water go cook fish..

if mammy water sef do anyhow we fit boil her river/stream cook am insyd grin

na.make God just dey save person.. no means of transportation is 100% safe..
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Endtimesmith(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ambode WHY??
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by LEXYCOM: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
Don't just blame the government, can't the passengers insist on wearing life jacket or even get one in the transport company does not provide.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by bluecircle470: 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
Thrs no *live* in d jacket again its just #jacket#
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by sheubaba2013: 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
We are not better than this people that died may God forgive them and we too.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by kalu01(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
Jezz rip. during the fuel scarcity my friend told me we have to cross from badore to ijede, which I don't even know to buy fuel guess what. we have to cross with speedboat when we got there what my eye saw was beyond me I told him guy I no go die because of fuel I had to go back.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by wink2015(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
[size=16pt]Incident like this is why Amaechi should not call for the scrapping of the National Maritime University at Okerenkoko, Delta state.

A university that will train future manpower for the marine sector of our economy.[/size]

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by harry509: 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
Metropilla:
A 20-passenger capacity boat capsized at Ijede area of Ikorodu, Lagos, this morning, leaving 7 people confirmed and 8 others still missing. The boat was said to be conveying 17 passengers and 2 crew members from Ijede en route Badore when it capsized at about 10.20am.

http://www.metropillar.com/2016/01/graphic-photos-from-boat-mishap-in.html
we hardly hear gud news n dis country Pls our heavenly father av mercy on us AMEN. R.I.P 2 d dead.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by ikorodureporta: 10:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
This is as a result of d dumbness of some govt officials in Lagos, who have decided to punish d people of ikorodu with their silly road constructn @ mile 12.....wht could be done within 7days, is being done manually on d site...
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by iamcyberzues: 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
wrong news make una ask person wey dey there... I.e ME
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by stainlex(m): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Seriously, na to tidy personal life jacket o! As e be say that boat route dey save me time gan!
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by ggrin(f): 10:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
49cents:
The government should insists on original life jackets not the rabbish they handover to passengers

In this country there isn't much value for human life unless they are those of yourself or close relative
ode life jackets don't safe lifeangry
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by maxinvile(m): 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
Quite pathetic bcz I always use that route to langbassa
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by 49cents(m): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
ggrin:
ode life jackets don't safe lifeangry

We learn everyday, you can share the knowledge rather saying 'ode'.....
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by ayesco202(m): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
See as people dey hype the thing. *life jacket*. Who told you its life jacket? Abi no be that thing me dey wear almost everyday? I'm very sure that thing cannot save life, except for the original ones; which you can hardly see with these people. The ones they give us right here at Ibasa are not original, some of them are torn and very dirty. I always have it put on whenever I'm on the boat, but God's protection is what I always pray for. RIP to the dead.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by dacovajnr: 11:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rip to the dead cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos / My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) / Rainfall Breaks Tall Tree In Gombe. Photos updated!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.