Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning (40259 Views)

Lady Dies On Her 20th Birthday From Fire Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / Python That Eats My Neighbour's Chicken Caught Alive This Morning / See The Owl They Killed At Ikotun Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 31, 2016
RIP
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by yommyuk: 2:51am On Jan 31, 2016
d day I took a ferry ride from Ikorodu to CMS, it was like I was floating on a rug. V dangerous journey. In the event of an accident, it is bye bye father xmas.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by banmee(m): 4:00am On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
they ain't gona help if one doesn't knw hw to swim..

Whom so ever told you that fallacy needs to be shot.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by totorimi: 8:13am On Jan 31, 2016
One only need to see the way the operators of these boats operate them you will know that a ride in any of those boats is s macabre dance with death.
No insurance policy, the drivers ofbyhr boat are better of seen as street urchins, looking haggard and irresponsible. The boat itself are badly maintained dirty and unfit for human beings. The so called life vest are nothing to write home about.

The govt must strictly regulate that sector. Thats the only way this menace will end.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by SPG4U(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:
R.I.P to the dead. Don't the live jackets help?
live jackets helps, if only you know how to use it...
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by SPG4U(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:
live jackets helps, if only you know how to use it...
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by VISTIN(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2016
This one they're just packing them in sacks. I hope there was attempt to revive them, like CPR.

Some of them might still have chances of survival.

Just saying
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Bishops10(m): 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:
The question on my mind when I opened this thread
Re: Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning by Shinor(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
I have wondered for a long time what the role of the Lagos State Waterways Authority really is. The state of the ferries / boats being deployed by the operators of the allocated routes are very suspect. Sadly Fashola did nothing about the safety of the passengers and setting the right operating standards for the operators despite many lives that were lost. Ambode has inherited a very flawed sector. And I am hoping that he has the answer. I will never make use of those boats even if I was given a million naira to use it.
Do we need to clamour for foreign companies to come and run our waterways for us before the people can be safe?
Sadly only poor people use these boats and so the government is not really bothered.
Ambode please look into the boats being used for public transportation in Lagos. How many more will have to die before you do something?

#IkoroduLivesMatter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos / My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) / Rainfall Breaks Tall Tree In Gombe. Photos updated!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.