Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

My MIL Frequents Our House . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My MIL Frequents Our House . (3211 Views)

My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened / My MIL Is Driving Me Craazzy. Help! / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
I got wedded to my wife late October,since then till now,my MIL has visited more than 50 times.

She comes as she likes,both announced,and unannounced. At every little opportunity she's in our place.

My wife is her only daughter.

Today she came unexpected again,i was pissed off,cos the reason she gave was she tried her daughter's number and not going through yesterday,so she came to check on her.

She stays in the island,and shed a widow,and a retiree though. Her visit is becoming boring to me. Most time,i just have to leave the house to hang her with friends till she goes.

How can i stop at frequent visit to our place,cos her visit makes me feels like she's invading my privacy.

How do i tell my wife am not comfortable with her constant visit without hurting her. I dont want her to feel i hate her mum.

I Am not against her visit,am not just comfortable with the frequency of it.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by MoonChildng: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Heya, the woman s bored lonely , misses her daughter and simply needs company

13 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by DesChyko: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lol... The funny thing is, there isn't any way out of this that won't have an ugly side.

You need God himself to talk to the woman himself.

1 Like

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
DesChyko:
Lol... The funny thing is, there isn't any way out of this that won't have an ugly side.

You need God himself to talk to the woman himself.
asin am tired sef.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
let the woman be joor. if it were ur mom visiting and ur wife is the one complaining, then u'd say u married a bad wife. if u can't cope with ur MIL, then am afraid u will soon start seeing reasons for u hate ur wife which will be the beginning of the end of ur marriage cos its obvious u are not receptive, and might not be able to stay long with ur wife

17 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by MrHighSea: 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Issues too much for marriage. Guy, just start liking it. Make another issue no come up. Its delicate mehnnnn
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Miami11: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
She is probably bored and lonely,

As long as she is not the meddling type, just let her be

Do you have kids, if you have kids she will come handy, because you can let her be having the kids on weekends to keep her occupied then you can enjoy some alone time with your wife.

That is what happens if you marry an only girl or an only kid,

My cousin married an only daughter and mother in law is part of their lives.

4 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Pineapp: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
You and your wife should start returning the favour. Start visiting her too

12 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by obua: 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Your wife is her only child and she is also a widow. Just prepare your mind for a long time of her visit. She has no where else to go.

13 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Moana(f): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
lrguru:
let the woman be joor. if it were ur mom visiting and ur wife is the one complaining, then u'd say u married a bad wife. if u can't cope with ur MIL, then am afraid u will soon start seeing reasons for u hate ur wife which will be the beginning of the end of ur marriage cos its obvious u are not receptive, and might not be able to stay long with ur wife
My thoughts exactly, this is her only daughter and having to let her go to start her own new family might be hard for her. Funny thing is Yomieluv seems to be aware of this but he just isn't bothered, all he wants is what he wants, everyone else might as well go to hell. This is what happens when selfish people enter into a commitment they are not ready for. With time she will learn to let go and stop visiting so frequently.
I highly doubt he ever makes her feel like her daughter is completely safe in his hands. Visiting her more (once a week or 2) will be enough to make her feel like her daughter is happy and safe and she will probably resort to texting and calling her as opposed to visiting her home frequently.

5 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by edwife(f): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pineapp:
You and your wife should start returning the favour. Start visiting her too

Exactly and also encourage your wife to go visit her whenever you are hanging with the boys.She will reduce her frequent visitations.

You must thank your stars because she will have no qualms staying with the kids any time you guys need quality time.

3 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by tellwisdom: 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
My guy, who give you money wey you take marry?? sad

3 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Beetle: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
First of all, your wife is pregnant, she needs your mum more than anything right now. My mum used to come every weekend whilst i was pregnant and she still visits every week to see LO. Mr man, get used to it, from your write up, it seems this woman is not sleeping over, just comes and goes, I may be wrong o but your wife needs your mum right now because of her condition. Be happy you don't have a troublesome MIL like mine.

5 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by PresVA: 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmmm, so guys have issues with MILs too?

Does her presence cause you any problems? Or you don't just want to accept her? Thought guys overlook stuffs like this...

2 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by taryour(f): 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
Yomieluv:
I got wedded to my wife late October,since then till now,my MIL has visited more than 50 times.

She comes as she likes,both announced,and unannounced. At every little opportunity she's in our place.

Today she came unexpected again,i was pissed off,cos the reason she gave was she tried her daughter's number and not going through yesterday,so she came to check on her.

She stays in the island,and shed a widow,and a retiree though. Her visit is becoming boring to me. Most time,i just have to leave the house to hang her with friends till she goes.

How can i stop at frequent visit to our place,cos her visit makes me feels like she's invading my privacy.

How do i tell my wife am not comfortable with her constant visit without hurting her. I dont want her to feel i hate her mum.

To be honest i wunt feel comfortable either and if its my mum i will stlishly tell her while cracking jokes, if she doesnt get the message i will just let her be. Dont worry she will get tired of it, that i assure you. Is your wife working or has a business of her own?

I think she keeps visiting cause there is always someone to welcome her. If you both are busy, go out in the morning and return later in the day, the visits will reduce.

1 Like

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
To be fair.she's not troublesome,or meddle in our affairs.

Infact if am scolding my wife,she doesn't interfere in any form or way,rather she will caution the daughter to avoid repetition.

I will be more receptive to her now,

Thanks all. She's indeed lonely,and i now feel i owe her some happiness too afterall my mum went to babysit for her sister too.

17 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by byvan03: 1:18am On Jan 31, 2016
Stop scolding your wife to anyone 's hearing, it is disrespectful. You don't need that to prove your authority , call her aside and correct her, she is not a child that you scold.

As for you MIL, too much of everything is bad.

16 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by ifyalways(f): 5:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Yomieluv:

Infact if am scolding my wife,she doesn't interfere in any form or way,rather she will caution the daughter to avoid repetition.

This is not nice at all.
From the language itself to the action. You don't scold your wife ; you correct her, talk with her and it must be done in private,just the two of you.

3 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by diportivo: 5:50am On Jan 31, 2016
Yomieluv:
To be fair.she's not troublesome,or meddle in our affairs.

I will be more receptive to her now,

Thanks all. She's indeed lonely,and i now feel i owe her some happiness too afterall my mum went to babysit for her sister too.

Nice approach

If she were deeply occupied with something her visits wldnt be frequent

Besides,nothing lasts forever

Also,dont answer those that say u shldnt scold ur wife o

It is ur home,she is ur wife,you understand her,and how u decide to run ur home is ur prerogative

I av met a lady dat told me she likes it if her husband shouts at her and rough handles her....

Point is,you know what works for u.....

1 Like

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 31, 2016
PresVA:
Hmmmm, so guys have issues with MILs too?

Does her presence cause you any problems? Or you don't just want to accept her? Thought guys overlook stuffs like this...
my wife works in the island,and stays with her weekdays,and comes home on Fridays to avoid stress,and since her place isn't far from her office.

The only weekend i have with my wife,she's there again.

Haba,make i enjoy my wife na alone.-walk naked,,cuddle her etc,she won't let me do that with her presence. Lol

4 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 31, 2016
ifyalways:
This is not nice at all.
From the language itself to the action. You don't scold your wife ; you correct her, talk with her and it must be done in private,just the two of you.
maybe i used a wrong choice of word.

Scolding/ correction do not take place in her presence,she must have heard it in our conversation in the bedroom.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 31, 2016
ifyalways:
This is not nice at all.
i dont scold /correct her in her presence o.

But at times,women can be funny that you have to raise your voice unintentionally at the moment.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 31, 2016
diportivo:

Nice approach

If she were deeply occupied with something her visits wldnt be frequent

Besides,nothing lasts forever

Also,dont answer those that say u shldnt scold ur wife o

It is ur home,she is ur wife,you understand her,and how u decide to run ur home is ur prerogative

I av met a lady dat told me she likes it if her husband shouts at her and rough handles her....

Point is,you know what works for u.....

thanks sir.

Women are too funny that they can leave no choice than to shout at them instantly unintentionally.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 31, 2016
byvan03:
Stop scolding your wife to anyone 's hearing, it is disrespectful. You don't need that to prove your authority , call her aside and correct her, she is not a child that you scold.

As for you MIL, too much of everything is bad.
i love my wife so Much that i can't bring her down in front of anybody,not even her mum.

But at times, men got no choice but to react instantly unconsciously, most especially if within your home.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2016
taryour:

To be honest i wunt feel comfortable either and if its my mum i will stlishly tell her while cracking jokes, if she doesnt get the message i will just let her be. Dont worry she will get tired of it, that i assure you. Is your wife working or has a business of her own?

I think she keeps visiting cause there is always someone to welcome her. If you both are busy, go out in the morning and return later in the day, the visits will reduce.
she works,infact stays her place in the weekdays due to proximity and stress of transport traffic

Weekends,my MIL is in our place again.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by PresVA: 7:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Yomieluv:
my wife works in the island,and stays with her weekdays,and comes home on Fridays to avoid stress,and since her place isn't far from her office.

Haba,make i enjoy my wife na alone.-walk naked,,cuddle her etc,she won't let me do that with her presence. Lol
Aahhh, I understand bro grin grin

Since she stays with her during the week days, don't understand her coming again.. However, handle her softly, I'm sure she means good.. maybe ur wife is her only companion, so when she goes on friday, she follows her cheesy
She may eventually stop, just give it time.. hopefully she gets something else to keep busy with. ..

Also, you can always enjoy your wife in the room wink
Except you stay in one bedroom apartment..

However, if you guys decide to curb her coming, your wife should do that, not you.. to avoid misunderstanding. .

2 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2016
PresVA:
Aahhh, I understand bro grin grin

Since she stays with her during the week days, don't understand her coming again.. However, handle her softly, I'm sure she means good.. maybe ur wife is her only companion, so when she goes on friday, she follows her cheesy
She may eventually stop, just give it time.. hopefully she gets something else to keep busy with. ..

Also, you can always enjoy your wife in the room wink
Except you stay in one bedroom apartment..

However, if you guys decide to curb her coming, your wife should do that, not you.. to avoid misunderstanding. .
i stay in a flat.

But lovey-lovey play no dey again na.

At times i might decide to wear only underwear while at home,can't do that in her presence. Etc.

Nothing like privacy jare.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by cococandy(f): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2016
Yomieluv:

Ha that's too much sha.

But I believe the visits will lessen as time goes on. She's probably having some hard time letting go since you guys only got married recently.
Fortunately she's not meddlesome like you said so there may not be that urgency to curb her visits.

Still find a gentle way to pass the message to your wife. Even she must be getting tired.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Vikky014(f): 7:46am On Jan 31, 2016
Yomieluv:

Is it your mum that dont like you helping ur pregnant wife by carrying her heavy bag That will visit her

for crying out loud her only daughter is pregnant allow her to check on her pregnant daughter please..you r nagging here OGA

2 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Vikky014(f): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2016
cococandy:

Ha that's too much sha.

But I believe the visits will lesson as time goes on. She's probably having some hard time letting go since you guys only got married recently.
Fortunately she's not meddlesome like you said so there may not be that urgency to curb her visits.

Still find a gentle way to pass the message to your wife. Even she must be getting tired.
My big sis the wife is pregnant and she is the only daughter for christ sake

The other day he opened a thread about how his mum cautioned him bc he helped his pregnant wife to carry their heavy bag..i know if it ws his own mum he wont complain

I think this OP is nagging here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by byvan03: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2016
Seriously I would have told my Ma to give it a rest already, she is beginning to discomfort the man and that's unacceptable. He didn't marry the girl and her mother, I just hope she isn't married to your mother too.

4 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by GodnGold: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2016
Please brother? This should be the least of any hustling brother's worry. #nooffence

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Help, My Husband Wants To Divorce Me Cos I Got A Property Behind His Back. / Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.