Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,717 members, 7,802,166 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

My MIL Frequents Our House . - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My MIL Frequents Our House . (3249 Views)

My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened / My MIL Is Driving Me Craazzy. Help! / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by cococandy(f): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Well pregnant or only daughter doesn't mean they should spend everyday with her.
Soon too much visiting may turn to contempt and the respect won't be there anymore.
If she goes to work from their during week days, the mom should let them enjoy their weekends together jare. That's not too much to ask.

As for that other thread, I just use eye look the story. One of those things that in-law meddlesome attitude can cause.
At least he didn't agree with his mom on that issue so let's give the guy a break.

There should be balance either way. Each party should try to make sure their family is not making their partner uncomfortable.
Vikky014:
My big sis the wife is pregnant and she is the only daughter for christ sake

The other day he opened a thread about how his mum cautioned him bc he helped his pregnant wife to carry their heavy bag..i know if it ws his own mum he wont complain

I think this OP is nagging here
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Vikky014(f): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2016
cococandy:
Well pregnant or only daughter doesn't mean they should spend everyday with her.
Soon too much visiting may turn to contempt and the respect won't be there anymore.
If she goes to work from their during week days, the mom should let them enjoy their weekends together jare. That's not too much to ask.

As for that other thread, I just use eye look the story. One of those things that in-law meddlesome attitude can cause.
At least he didn't agree with his mom on that issue so let's give the guy a break.

There should be balance either way. Each party should try to make sure their family is not making their partner uncomfortable.
since the wife is not complaining the op shld learn to adapt.marriage is for better for worse
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by crackhaus: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2016
Vikky014:
since the wife is not complaining the op shld learn to adapt.marriage is for better for worse
Will you be of this same opinion if it was the man's mother and he's not complaining?
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Vikky014(f): 11:06am On Jan 31, 2016
crackhaus:

Will you be of this same opinion if it was the man's mother and he's not complaining?
y not
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by crackhaus: 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Vikky014:
y not
Na so... grin

Until someone opens a thread on that topic, you'll be very surprised to read the responses of females if the situation was reversed.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Vikky014(f): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
crackhaus:

Na so... grin

Until someone opens a thread on that topic, you'll be very surprised to read the responses of females if the situation was reversed.
i will not be among them tongue
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by TheArchangel(f): 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
She is bored. Pity.
Op, suggest to your wife the need for your mil to adopt a child....maybe from 5-10 year old girl as her own to keep her company and nurture.

2 Likes

Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Richy4(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmmm !!!! I can just imagine how much she cried when her only daughter was wedding..... both happiness and pains of boredom....

My brother just try and accommodate her please....she was just being bored...It will be ok as time goes on....The way I see it, she would have died of boredom assuming her daughter married outside Lagos....

What about the husband OP?
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by aameyah(f): 9:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
Since her daughter is with her weekdays, I think she should give the couple privacy during weekends...

I understand that she might be lonely shaaaa.
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 01, 2016
obua:
Your wife is her only child and she is also a widow. Just prepare your mind for a long time of her visit. She has no where else to go.
Thanks so much.
PLEASE send some sense to the OP.
He acts like he was never ready for marriage
Re: My MIL Frequents Our House . by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
Too much of anything is bad. Too many visits lead to contempt and 'see finish'. The mother inlaw n daughter have to realize this. I support the OP in this. Common guys, we know we should withdaw our foot from frequenting people's houses so we dont lose value. Same goes for inlaws. The Mom sees her everyday of the week and still wants to be with her on weekends! Haba! Then why did she give out her daughter? She should learn to let go fast

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Chances My Wife Is Cheating On Me,her Pics Attached / 19-pound, 2-foot Long New Born Baby / Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.